Posted 5:00am

New SHAREfactory update out tomorrow, The Last of Us Remastered theme included

Plus, you can now import screenshots into your video projects

Since the launch of SHAREfactory in April, we’ve seen so many creative videos that PS4 fans have shared with the world and it’s been truly inspiring. Today, I’m pleased to announce some new updates we are adding to SHAREfactory through a patch that will be released tomorrow. This includes new features, as well as some improvements based on your feedback.

Here’s a quick look at what you can expect:

• The Last of Us theme: Just in time for the launch of The Last of Us Remastered on PS4, the new patch will add custom themes from the critically-acclaimed action-adventure game, so you can spice up your captured gameplay moments with SHAREfactory. The new TLOUR theme includes 39 new stickers, six new transitions, two new background images plus new intro, outro and title clips.
  • Import screenshots into projects: You’ll be able to import screenshots from your capture gallery to the SHAREfactory videos you create. This is a feature that many of you have requested, and we are really excited to bring this to SHAREfactory to make it easier for you to create your memorable moments. Keep those requests coming!
  • Pro Tip: You can also include photos captured using Photo Mode, which is available for inFAMOUS Second Son and will also be released for The Last of Us Remastered, on Wednesday. Photo Mode is a great way to enhance your gameplay screenshots and add your artistic talents to make the photos much more mesmerizing.
  • Additional updates: With this patch, you’ll also notice some newly added filter effects and stickers, as well as UI improvements. We are always trying to give you the players more fun tools to make your video projects that much better!

So who’s ready to start creating their next SHAREfactory masterpiece with The Last of Us Remastered on PS4? Be sure to share your videos using #PS4share. We love seeing what you guys can come up with.

sharefactory 2Sharefactory

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

22 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

star-black619 29 July, 2014 @ 5:29 am   1

Nice!

i hope Sony can add more good stuff in SHAREfactory !

dark_angel69 29 July, 2014 @ 7:51 am   2

I never got round to trying the SHAREfactory due to not having enough videos and screenshots from my games but will do it once I start this game up.

If only the share function worked every time…
If I happen do something extraordinary in a game, you can bet that the video recording failed.
Please Sony, fix this and I will start using ShareFactory.

Harrisown 29 July, 2014 @ 9:15 am   4

I’ve never had this issue ,Personally I have it set to screenshot mode so one tap of the share button takes a screenshot.
Holding down the button brings up the share menu and from there I hit square to save he last XX minutes depending on what my settings are.
double tapping starts the recording from a specific point and will continue to record for your set amount of time.

DoYouLikeMyID 29 July, 2014 @ 11:42 am

That’s the same thing I do. :)

I really have no idea why the default mode is holding the button down to take a screenshot though… I mean, that’s just weird in my opinion. And it’s definitely a good idea to use the double-tap recording feature if you know beforehand that you want to record something. I use that feature quite often to be honest. I’ve experienced the problem @FluBBa described once (where there’s no footage at all when entering the share-menu) so I feel his pain. I really wanted to use that footage, but there was nothing there…

nulenvoid 29 July, 2014 @ 10:03 am   5

Murdy_Plops 29 July, 2014 @ 11:11 am   6

Thanks for the support : )

artem9000 29 July, 2014 @ 11:36 am   7

Very nice application, intuitive design and simple to use. But to many confirmation of any move, please remove them and add an ‘Undo’ function.

orionthehunters 29 July, 2014 @ 11:36 am   8

Waits for a certain someone to post about updating the PS4 to play MP3′s lol. :)

Mitchman1411 29 July, 2014 @ 11:41 am   9

Does this update fix:

- Once you’re in-progress video is longer than 5 minutes, you are no longer able to import a 15 minutes video capture to extend those 5 minutes as it complain that 20 minutes is maximum. This 20 minutes check should be during rendering and not editing!
- The clunkiness of adding overlay icons that should only stay for a few seconds (split and stuff now, clunky).

TIMETRAVEL1966 29 July, 2014 @ 12:59 pm   10

Be great if you could crop your videos :)

MaxDiehard 29 July, 2014 @ 1:21 pm   11

You’ve pretty said the same thing twice here and reworded it to make it look like there’s more.

How about fixing the recording on PS4 itself? It’s been saving the same video from Watch_Dogs from over a month ago.

Richie1883 29 July, 2014 @ 1:25 pm   12

personally dont use share factory as sony lied when they said all your friends can see the video in the whats new tab 1 of several lies like driveclub being launched with the PS4 etc

Will there be a customised sound profile for TLOU for the Sony Wireless Headset 2.0?

Gincairn 29 July, 2014 @ 6:04 pm   14

while I like the addition of importing screenshots, I don’t like the implementation, having a screen shot as a full screen image does not lead to what could be described as a professional video.

I would prefer some form of picture in picture mode so that screenshots could be added as an overlay to a video already playing, similarly I would like the option of picture in picture for the video clips.

While I like the addition of another theme, is it possible that all “stickers” be made available and not theme locked? working around this if necessary can be a real pain.

Also, would it be at all possible to allow for custom videos to be imported in the same way as custom audio? I ask because I do the occasional video reviews for another website and had been tasked with creating the entire thing in Share Factory, while the video quality was great, the production of said video was a little lacking due to some missing factors.

Finally, an additional FX would be great that allows for an effect or sticker to fade in and out while on a video, it is possible to do with the current setup but it’s a very long-winded process.

I should add though, thank you for ShareFactory, it’s an app that shows great promise as time goes on.

pearl_bunny 29 July, 2014 @ 8:48 pm   15

please allow import of custom Intro videos

renaultmilton 30 July, 2014 @ 7:49 am   16

Minecraft and LittleBigPlanet 3 Theme PLEASE!!!

sparkkydd 30 July, 2014 @ 11:52 am   17

Fix the upload bug then maybe this will be useful

ROBBY8867T 30 July, 2014 @ 5:12 pm   18

Does this update fix the problem with adding transitions causing the affected clips to automatically be extended? I hate that. But the worst problem is when moving a clip, which causes all clips in the whole project involving a transition to get their trim points all f-ed up. This problem is an extremely frustrating pain in the @$$ because I like to edit my videos so that the action matches up with the music, and so whenever I move a clip, it makes the timing of everything go all to hell, and putting it all back together takes a lot of time and it never ends up the way it was before. Pleeeeeease tell me these problems have been fixed.

Another problem that needs fixing is when adding more than one piece of music. If the first piece of music doesn’t start at the very beginning of the project, then the new piece you’re adding gets added to the very beginning and the existing piece gets shoved aside. Annoying.

Also, a feature that I would LOVE to see added is the ability to adjust the playback speed of a clip, so that you could play it in slow mode or fast forward. And another one: Being able to fade up and down the music to a different volume other than 0, so that you can tone down the music (but not turn it off) for a certain part so it’s easier to hear the clip audio, then turn the music back up when the clip is over. Currently, you can only split the music and turn the split part’s volume down, but during playback it is a rough, awkward, and obvious transition that does not work well at all. Fade-in and Fade-out options for clip volume would be useful too.

Also don’t like how all clips must always be adjacent to each other with no space in between. Sometimes it’s useful to have some blank space between clips. But since you can’t have blank space between clips, there should be a “blank” clip that you can add that is nothing more than a blank screen, but you can adjust the color of it and add effects to it like stickers and text. (The theme-based “title” clip doesn’t cut it for this purpose.) This feature would be great as a way of setting up a clip with some kind of introduction, or to use as an extended “fade to black” transition, or even as a credits screen. Default duration could be 10 seconds but it can be trimmed/extended up to one minute. Need it longer? Add multiple ones back-to-back.

Text needs a background too or an outline or something, something that makes it easier to read in front of the video, and easier to notice it appear when it does.