Posted 30 July

New on PS Plus in August: Road Not Taken, Crysis 3, FEZ, more

Proteus, Metrico and LEGO Harry Potter also join the service next month

Hi everyone! Summer is in full swing up in the northern hemisphere but that doesn’t mean that you need to abandon your consoles in search of the sunshine! As set out below, we have a great selection of goodies lined up for August.

New on PlayStation 4

First up this month comes a beautifully crafted new title from the extremely talented team at Spry Fox. Road Not Taken is a rogue-like puzzle adventure about surviving life’s surprises. You play as a ranger adventuring through a vast, unforgiving forest in the aftermath of a brutal winter storm, rescuing children who have lost their way.

Next up, Polytron‘s highly acclaimed FEZ – a 2D platform puzzle game set in a 3D world where you play as Gomez. When the existence of a mysterious third dimension is revealed to him, Gomez is sent out on a journey that will take him to the very end of time and space. Unearth the mysteries of the past and discover the truth about reality and perception.

New on PlayStation 3

First up on PS3 this month we welcome future-tech FPS sequel Crysis 3. Return to the fight as Prophet, the Nanosuit soldier on a quest to rid the world of the invading Ceph and eliminate the corrupted CELL Corporation.

crysis-3-pics-hd-2

Also on PS3 in August, eccentric, experimental exploration adventure Proteus from Curve Studios, in which you find yourself on a mysterious island. It’s weird, it’s wonderful and it’s Cross Buy on PS Vita too.

New on PS Vita

I’m very excited to announce that PS Plus is bringing you a brand new PS Vita exclusive this August in the form of atmospheric puzzle adventure Metrico. The game is based around the beauty of infographics in a world built around bar, line and pie charts where the environment changes instantly with your input. You’ll have to analyse and experiment with your surroundings, while your reflexes, intuition and smarts are all being put to the test.

Your final offering for this month is LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7. Based on the last three Harry Potter books, LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 takes players through Harry Potter’s heroic adventures in the Muggle and wizarding worlds. From Privet Drive in Little Whinging to Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade and Hogwarts – plus new locations including Grimmauld Place, the Ministry of Magic, and Godric’s Hollow – you will encounter new faces, new challenges and new magic, preparing you for the ultimate face-off against Lord Voldemort!

LegoHarryPotter_Years5-7_TeaserArt_FINAL

6th August: Road Not Taken
6th August: FEZ
6th August: Crysis 3
6th August: Proteus
6th August: Metrico
6th August: LEGO Harry Potter 5-7 Years

Don’t miss out! Make sure add any of the games scheduled to leave the service to your download list now to ensure you get to play them!

Don’t forget to also visit the PlayStation forums where each month we have challenges and competitions focused on the games in the Plus service for you to enjoy and compete against other members.

Not a PlayStation Plus member? Then join today from just £5.49/€6.99 per month. To find out more visit our PlayStation Plus site.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

We are always listening to our members to ensure we continually improve the PS Plus service! Now is your chance to give us feedback on the content so we can find out what you loved, liked, and didn’t like so much. Simply take part in our content survey and share your thoughts on the July 2014 games.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

787 Comments 2 Author replies
Show oldest first

Andrefpvs 30 July, 2014 @ 4:01 pm   1

Please, no more LEGO Vita titles.

zalwelgoedgaan 30 July, 2014 @ 4:05 pm

Lego of your hatred, embrace them… For this will not be the last time we see them.

BluSpykz 30 July, 2014 @ 4:05 pm

What!? Lego Batman 2 was SO much fun, even if it was a DS port missing stuff from PS3!

I don’t mind but atleast don’t have them a month after each other.

SGTSTEELFACE 30 July, 2014 @ 4:09 pm

I mind since firstly it violates the 70> metacritic rule its a poor port and does not do justice for the system it should have something like Steamworld Dig thats worth 2-3 lego games

Lance_87 30 July, 2014 @ 4:35 pm

@SGTSTEELFACE i’m afraid the “Metacritic rule” was dropped some time ago.

zlovkvetinaci 30 July, 2014 @ 4:35 pm

Lego games are fun only while playing splitscreen on big console anyways… so yeah…

TeddyBearTwinkle 30 July, 2014 @ 4:56 pm

TOUGH

I wonder if Chris’ affection for LEGO on the Vita is also the reason why he hides the survey results this month?
    Can’t have a poll where his choices get tarnished, while he insists on sharing more of that trash with us, right?

AlexAtkinUK 30 July, 2014 @ 5:45 pm

I have to agree. In general I love the LEGO games, but this is a very poor showing.

1) Very similar games two months in a row is very poor form, not everyone likes these games.
    2) The PS Vita games are crappy DS ports. I have Lego Harry Potter on Xbox 360 but rented it on PS Vita for some portable action. Its heavily stripped down (the game is shorter), poorly animated, poor frame rate, low quality audio, just generally sucks in comparison.

Sadly I think this just highlights the fact the PS Vita is a dead platform. It has so much potential but only indies can be bothered with it now. Might not be so bad if the WiFi wasn’t completely messed up on mine so I can’t even use it for Remote Play as I get constant picture/audio breakup and disconnections.

MoMo-Snip-01 30 July, 2014 @ 5:55 pm

Please more lego titles ps3 vita whatever

ViperHD 30 July, 2014 @ 6:40 pm

I hope that this time Belgium at least gets the English version and not the French translated version like last month. Sony promised they would fix it, but they never did, and I don’t expect them to with one week left either… Can’t understand how big companies still think that everyone speaks French in Belgium.

Balthrus 30 July, 2014 @ 7:26 pm

PS3 needs some LEGO games.

Phene90x 30 July, 2014 @ 7:36 pm

I agree please no more POINTLESS lego titles.

TheMegaRedHead 30 July, 2014 @ 8:08 pm

@ViperHD Yeah some people are stupid… Microsoft also did it but I never expected it from Sony…

ZeFlash 30 July, 2014 @ 10:19 pm

So much for “Top Rated 70+ Metacritic” Lego Harry Potter is 64, and we had a LEGO game last month this is a [deleted]

joiem1969 31 July, 2014 @ 2:22 pm

please more lego titles

ipot_04 31 July, 2014 @ 3:39 pm

lol.
    It’s good since it’s free but I won’t download it.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if they put another LEGO game as a part of PS+’s IGC til December.

Andrefpvs 1 August, 2014 @ 12:16 am

^ “It’s good since it’s free”
    Please tell me where you’re getting your free PS Plus subscription, I want some of that.

counterUAVbaby 30 July, 2014 @ 4:01 pm   2

Great LINE UP CRYSIS 3 HERE I AMMMMM!!!

AlemanGC 30 July, 2014 @ 5:25 pm

Glad i bought Crysis 3 and Dead Space 3 both for 7 euros each in the january sale and can play them whenever i want without some subscriptions or auto renew haha :)

counterUAVbaby 30 July, 2014 @ 5:47 pm

@AlemanGC lucky guy, do you maybe want to share? lol.

cranky_wombat 31 July, 2014 @ 10:36 am

Hang on CounterUAV….last month you said you were leaving PS+ and trading and sticking with xbox gold because of the terrible lineup…now you saying its amazing?! typical….funny how you’re still here

cranky_wombat 31 July, 2014 @ 10:40 am

@AlemanGC im glad i pay that for for 3 months subscription and get 3 times as many ps3 games + vita + ps4 and have a decent hardrive :)

counterUAVbaby 31 July, 2014 @ 3:06 pm

@cranky_wombat I abandoned it for that month and I will abandon it after Crysis 3 expect if they put sth worthwhile on September, but I doubt it.

counterUAVbaby 30 July, 2014 @ 4:02 pm   3

By the way anything planned for Saints Row IV?

SGTSTEELFACE 30 July, 2014 @ 4:02 pm   4

As a vita lover this is a nice update :) however please do NOT ADD ANY MORE LEGO vita games

SGTSTEELFACE 30 July, 2014 @ 4:15 pm

I do give credit Metrico is a perfect plus game and im happy people will try it out now since many were apprehensive

RainyDusk 30 July, 2014 @ 4:52 pm

It is an awesome month for PSVita owners and lovers (like me), but really bad for the rest as you can see in the comments below.
    Hell, it would have been more awesome if Road not Taken was cross-buy with PSVita. Oh well, I’ll enjoy the other four titles.

chazulabanx 30 July, 2014 @ 8:40 pm

like the line up owning all systems im happy with lego harry potter cos im enjoying lego batman… i kind of feel sorry for the U.S update they get proteus on vita which is rubbish

Vashetti 30 July, 2014 @ 4:02 pm   5

Please stop giving us Lego games on Vita.

They are shoddy 3DS ports with direly compressed cutscenes and muddy graphics. Not comparable at all to the PS3 and PS4 versions.

It’s a mockery of the platform.

MaxDiehard 30 July, 2014 @ 4:06 pm

I really can’t believe how lazy the developers are when it comes to Vita. we get nothing but ports.

G-IH-O-S-T 31 July, 2014 @ 2:26 am

It’s actually funny.. as much as I’m tired of Lego games I’m actually more tired of your constant and obvious complaints.

supersmith2500 31 July, 2014 @ 12:45 pm

Blame TT Fusion, they are the ones that are behind the PSVita/3DS ports.

fps_d0minat0r 30 July, 2014 @ 4:02 pm   6

Why no LEGO MARVEL!!!!!

Pretty cool, I’m happy anyway which makes a change!
Thanks guys!

Roxas598 30 July, 2014 @ 4:03 pm   8

What ever happened to sticking to meta scores? another lego game is a (CENSORED) take

magicKERR 30 July, 2014 @ 4:03 pm   9

Awesome update

napalmjam360 30 July, 2014 @ 4:03 pm   10

WOW this has to be the worst month of plus ever dreadful along with the “sales” .

redmattuk 30 July, 2014 @ 4:03 pm   11

V happy to see Crysis 3! Thanks Chris et al!

crashb648 30 July, 2014 @ 4:03 pm   12

What a pleasent surprise of FEZ! I was holding off to buying that, as I had a feeling it would land on Plus sometime. Great update this month :)

redmattuk 30 July, 2014 @ 4:42 pm

Personally with you on this one as I’ve not played it yet, but I imagine a lot of people will have already have it – it’s my understanding that been in a lot of steam sales & humble bundles.

device_handler 30 July, 2014 @ 8:44 pm

I was going to buy FEZ and Crysis 3 guess I can save my money! Am I the only one who thinks cartooney/retro/indie games are more fun on a Vita?

Meh!

can we have LEGO games on the PS3 and PS4 please instead

ElfMageBex 30 July, 2014 @ 4:04 pm   15

please tell me lego harry potter is crossplay

Chungles 30 July, 2014 @ 4:04 pm   16

Disappointing.

Envirasu 30 July, 2014 @ 4:04 pm   17

I’m not jumping with joy over any of them, but they’re all games that I’ve not played and would be interested in trying. A good month for me.

Nothing for me this month. Kinda meh. But good to see some different games in there for once~

Ry_Ratchet 30 July, 2014 @ 4:04 pm   19

So, five Vita and PS3 games, right?

Ry_Ratchet 30 July, 2014 @ 4:10 pm

Uh, I meant five Vita and four PS3 games

Lance_87 30 July, 2014 @ 4:36 pm

I’m seeing two PS3 games, two PS4 games and three Vita games.

hobsgrg 30 July, 2014 @ 4:50 pm

There are Two PS4, Three PS3 (Fez is cross buy) and Four PSVita (Fez and Proteus are cross buy). Road Not Taken isn’t cross buy

Lance_87 30 July, 2014 @ 9:46 pm

Nice, didn’t know about Fez being cross-buy.

CaEsAr- 30 July, 2014 @ 4:05 pm   20

Weak month as usual ..

X_Blood_Curse_X 30 July, 2014 @ 4:05 pm   21

A terrible port of a lego game for vita for a third time? Is this a joke? Stop screwing over vita owners just because we’re so few you can brush our complaints under the carpet.

MauroDiogo 30 July, 2014 @ 4:05 pm   22

Took a good while to be announced but damn was it worth it!
And you’re including two games that are not even out yet and I was excited about ( RNT & Metrico)?
Thanks for listening to player feedback and for the amazing work you guys do.

jamie-sixtyfour 30 July, 2014 @ 4:05 pm   23

After hearing about Road Not Taken so much on this blog it’ll be great to also play it for free. I already own Fez so eh…

Nice touch with the addition of a feedback poll.

Jazumin 30 July, 2014 @ 4:19 pm

I’d prefer a poll to actually choose what games we get.

blendercat27 30 July, 2014 @ 4:36 pm

@Jazumin – What good would a poll do? It’s still a matter of whether SCEE can make the deal with the publisher. And the poll would be trolled, like literally every poll ever conducted on the internet.

Dermado 8 August, 2014 @ 2:43 am

They did a “what genre” poll a year ago, afaik we never got the results.
    Last I saw sport and driving were at 1% and action adventure and puzzles was high 20/30%.
    Sometimes they pretend to take your suggestions into consideration on the blog but its unlikely.

Several ways of re-structuring it (and PSEE as a whole to suck considerably less) are suggested each month, none will ever be used.

jerlaak97 30 July, 2014 @ 4:05 pm   24

It’s decent but could be better

Will Road Not Taken be a cross-buy title on PS+ (PS4 and Vita)?

Ace-Hood89 30 July, 2014 @ 4:05 pm   26

Another LEGO title, and what is proteus? are you kidding me?

SGTSTEELFACE 30 July, 2014 @ 4:26 pm

Proteus is more of an experience game walking around seeing things

MWorldII 30 July, 2014 @ 4:06 pm   27

It is the worse PS Plus ever from the launch of IGC!

SGTSTEELFACE 30 July, 2014 @ 4:27 pm

pretty close but lets be honest its only been going downhill since the 3rd ps3 game was taken

Stonesthrow 30 July, 2014 @ 4:46 pm

@STEELFACE Not if you own a ps4 and already owned a ps3 since launch before that.. I have most of the ps3 games on IGC anyway so I don’t care about losing one and getting something ps4 instead. About time we got some fullgames though, and by that I don’t mean glorified demo’s a la Driveclub.

xYakuzaz 30 July, 2014 @ 8:46 pm

Agreed, Plus has been going downhill every month since the launch of the PS4, except in February which was the only good month we’ve had in 2014 so far…

xYakuzaz 30 July, 2014 @ 8:47 pm

Road Not Taken can stay untaken….Very disappointing month. Still waiting on Ni No Kuni after over a year.

dr_nick33 31 July, 2014 @ 8:09 am

If you want it so bad Yakuza, why don’t you just buy it? It’s been dirt cheap in several sales.

Dermado 8 August, 2014 @ 2:46 am

Ni No Kuni is by far the most over rated game on the PS3.Followed closely by GTA 5 and Rdr on multiplat.

You really arent missing anything, buy a GBA and pokeymen yellow and youll have infinitely more fun :|.

RainyDusk 30 July, 2014 @ 4:06 pm   28

Is Road not Taken cross buy with PSVita? Thanks!

link1983 30 July, 2014 @ 4:06 pm   29

Ah, So being an early adopter is really biting me in the behind. I have Fez, Absolutely Zero interest in road not taken so not much at all for me. Here’s hoping for September.

xampage 30 July, 2014 @ 4:06 pm   30

Okay-ish month for me.
Road not taken/proteus/metrico for me
me.

But for the love of God… Please stop with the vita lego games.

SuperJag86 30 July, 2014 @ 4:07 pm   31

Nice one guys! That’s a great line up, especially Road Not Taken and Metrico :)

Serpantino 30 July, 2014 @ 4:07 pm   32

Another lego game? Wow Sony is really dredging the bottom of the barrel here, there’s plenty of good stuff on vita so stop giving us rubbish 3DS ports.

Also…. Proteus…. seriously? It’s not really even a game in the strictest sense and is a very niche title that most people will probably waste 10 minutes tops in and then never play again.

Revellation_v2 30 July, 2014 @ 6:58 pm

I subscribed to Plus for interesting games that I probably wouldn’t have bought otherwise. It’s nice to get stuff like Proteus alongside the AAA games that I never wanted/already own.

Rochala 30 July, 2014 @ 4:07 pm   33

I am sick of lego games at IGC, please no more of them :(
Proteus doesn’t even seems like a game, i will try it, but it doesn’t looks like its fun or anything.
Road not taken was on my buy list since I’ve heard of it, at least this and Metrico seems nice games.
Crysis 3 is a good games, not my kind of game, but I am pretty sure some people will love it .
At least it seems a much better month that July.

bradleyEIRE 30 July, 2014 @ 4:07 pm   34

Great Update, Vita is well served with the Cross Buy Titles, and Metrico is a game Ive been interested in for a while. Heard the developer talk about it on the Off the Record podcast a while back, great that we get it right away. Oh and other family members (and I) love Lego games so more please. Lego Marvel maybe? Anyway great work Sony.

Road not taken should be fun. FEZ not so much. Wish it was Octodad :(

SuperJag86 30 July, 2014 @ 4:08 pm   36

Will Road Not Taken be cross buy with Vita?

Shikome 30 July, 2014 @ 4:08 pm   37

Nothing of interest to me particularly except Road not Taken. But can’t really complain as the reason nothing is interesting is that I have Crysis 3 and Proteus on other formats. :p

Incidentally “I already had it” would be a good poll option to have by the way…

John-PH 30 July, 2014 @ 4:08 pm   38

A pretty dam good month. I was gonna buy Road Not Taken anyway so this is icing on the cake

Futureshark 30 July, 2014 @ 4:08 pm   39

Hmm, had one eye on Proteus for awhile for my Vita, and Metrico looks excellent. Not bothered by Lego games though.
Fez is also Crossbuy, its ace on both PS4 and Vita (I have that one).

DonMingos 30 July, 2014 @ 4:08 pm   40

Don’t like this update.

You guys made a research a while ago, people voted they wanted more adventure and RPG games and in the last months you gave us sports, racing and now another shooter.

I liked the sports games and I’m all in for Indie Games and Dead Space… but come on… you’re not listening to your audience.

zalwelgoedgaan 30 July, 2014 @ 4:15 pm

Sony approaches companies and offers them a sum of money for their games to be featured on Plus. Either the companies don’t want to play ball or Sony doesn’t want RPGs for their Plus line-up. But yes, it’s definitely the biggest genre that is overlooked for PS+.

DonMingos 30 July, 2014 @ 4:23 pm

They are both from EA, but I would be much more satisfied getting the older Mass Effect (the original) than Crysis 3.

zalwelgoedgaan 30 July, 2014 @ 4:45 pm

Now that you mention it, I’d gladly take an extra older title a month to beef up the PS3 selection, but it looks like they’re going for parity here, not counting Cross Buy.

Then again, it would go against the whole idea of Plus. It wouldn’t be worth the money for Sony to feature old games and the pubs wouldn’t get much sales anyway, because they could be desolate/abandoned etc.

Seishoujyo 30 July, 2014 @ 4:49 pm

I agree, what’s the point making a poll if you don’t listen to people and always give the same 2D platform indy crap each month. Fez, Towerfall, Doki Doki, Pixel Junk, Road no Taken and stop it already and give us real games like Transistor, Strike Suit, Octodad or even

RatchetClank 30 July, 2014 @ 4:09 pm   41

Disappointed that Proteus isn’t also available for PS4, especially when Fez has been available for quite a while now.

ThugETH 30 July, 2014 @ 4:09 pm   42

Is Proteus crossbuy with Vita?

skimi_CwB 30 July, 2014 @ 4:09 pm   43

Is Fez a Cross-Buy? The video says it is, but no mention in the text. And, yes, I agree with some comments above. Lego in PS3 is much better. Why not give some, even cross-buy?

aealexandrou 30 July, 2014 @ 4:32 pm

Yeah it’s cross buy. And a really good game!

skimi_CwB 30 July, 2014 @ 7:45 pm

aealexandrou, I’ve seen the US PlayStation Blog and yes, they say FEZ is cross-buy :D Good!

stealthstu007 30 July, 2014 @ 4:09 pm   44

Nothing really for me this month, didnt like Crysis 2, but will give 3 a little go, will give Fez and Proteus a go but can guarentee i won’t like, like most indie games.

Wouldn’t mind a PS3 lego game at some point though, you seem to have no problems securing them for Vita.

I honestly though cannot understand this obsession with Indie games and old style graphics. When people moaned it was time for an upgrade from PS3 they wanted new games with quality graphics, not old stlye. At the minute it should be called ‘Playstation Back to the 80′s’ not Playstation 4.

pb-live 30 July, 2014 @ 4:24 pm

That’s because you’re falling into the trap of ‘better graphics=next gen’. The point with a lot of these Indie games is that their physics or AI or ideas are actually far in advance of many other games but the ‘retro graphics’ thing is just a style choice.

James_KFC_Lee 30 July, 2014 @ 10:48 pm

Graphics are not everything and creating the grand spectacle AAA games takes its time. Whilst we wait we have indie games and a lot of them are pretty fun if you give them a try. PlayStation Plus cannot just hand out AAA games at this point.

thekillingspree 30 July, 2014 @ 11:20 pm

I bet the two guys above my comment were part of the proud PS3 owners who were pointing fingers at the Wii, laughing at it for its poor old gen non-HD graphics. God forbid anyone at that time saying something like “graphics aren’t everything”, the internet would burn them alive… Nowadays it just seems to be cool to be into retro stuff.
    That being said, I couldn’t agree more with you, stealthstu007. In fact, that’s pretty much the reason why I’m not buying a PS4 anytime soon. Give me games that demand more of the machine and that justify the hefty price tag and I’ll happily buy one. As for retro indie games, Steam sales already have that covered.

Also, for the record, I love FEZ, I love the Wii, and I agree it’s too soon to have PS4 AAA games on PS+ (it’s not like there are that many around, anyway).

farquad01 31 July, 2014 @ 12:32 am

sorry but if I wanted to play “Playstation Back to the 80′s” style graphics games i’d rip out the good OLD atari with well what do ya know next gen indie style graphics. sick of the indies and sick of the ports if they should port anything port the ps3 titles to the ps4 it’s not like it can’t be done. Played the last of us remastered yesterday and didn’t think the game could get any better and yet my faith in the “next-gen” didn’t let me down.

pb-live 31 July, 2014 @ 6:24 pm

Clearly people who don’t understand gameplay comes first.

Faustofausto 30 July, 2014 @ 4:09 pm   45

LEGO Harry Potter’s metascore is 64, and what is that Metrico stuff? Please, stop giving us garbage! Thank you…

MWorldII 30 July, 2014 @ 4:10 pm   46

What i need to say (or other player) to stop Sony giving us indie titles on Plus? Damn i sick of it.

bmfspwnz 6 August, 2014 @ 2:21 am

Then cancel your sub bro. You don’t speak for all subscribers – personally I’d rather be getting great indie titles than most “AAA” titles. There aren’t enough worthwhile AAA games a year for them to even be able to provide one on twelve separate occasions.

HentayHinata 30 July, 2014 @ 4:10 pm   47

next time just bring 0 games, would be better then this.
This Lineup is by far the worst possible lineup, i will download 0 games from it.

where is flower?

hilts663 30 July, 2014 @ 4:10 pm   48

Crysis 3 was on Xmass sale for 5E, are you serious? It used to be 1 year old, good games. Nowadays its rubbish that cannot be sold even if it costs 5$… And dont start with the “it is free”, it is not! PS+ cancelled after 3 years… Sad how bad this service got in the last 6 months… Where are the times when it used to be 4 games, 2 AAA games and 2 indies… Now it is 1 old, mediocore game and 1 indie game

counterUAVbaby 30 July, 2014 @ 4:14 pm

Watch your language about Crysis 3!

SGTSTEELFACE 30 July, 2014 @ 4:46 pm

@counterUAVbaby he makes a valid point we are getting the wool pulled over our eyes

andraste123 30 July, 2014 @ 5:06 pm

@counterUAVbaby
    Speak for yourself, for most people Crysis 3 was a medicore game. There is a reason why there is no Crysis 4 in development.

counterUAVbaby 30 July, 2014 @ 5:44 pm

@andraste123 Seriously Crytek have economical issues how do you expect them to create a new one is beyond me.

counterUAVbaby 30 July, 2014 @ 5:46 pm

@SGTSTEELFACE Seriously you, when you called me a troll when I was a bit sad with last month games.

SGTSTEELFACE 30 July, 2014 @ 10:30 pm

@counterUAVbaby Good to see you remember me ;) I disagree with your opinions I apologize I don’t intend to offend you but I get a very hypocritical vibe and I have to pick up on that.

counterUAVbaby 31 July, 2014 @ 9:44 am

@SGTSTEELFACE I always remember people :) and no I wasn’t intend to be a hypocrite, I was just happy with NBA 2k14, but turned out to be s**t.

SHEPOWY 30 July, 2014 @ 4:10 pm   49

Goodness, this is one of the worst Ps Plus months yet.

I guess whenever any of the Blog team refer to an upcoming months Plus games as “eclectic” what they actually mean is “rubbish”.

Can we give EA shooters a rest now please and move onto some decent AAA games? As opposed to the third, and indeed worst, in the series.

Hopefully PS Plus will turn a corner once Driveclub arrives, and we also start to get some of the better titles that came out late last year for PS3.

Rochala 30 July, 2014 @ 4:27 pm

What do you mean “turn a corner” ?
    If Driveclub takes the place of a PS+ game, then we will get a glorify Demo and one game. I wouldn’t mind it that much ,even though I am not a racing games fun, if it only happens once, but it may start a trend with PS+ edition games.

Stonesthrow 30 July, 2014 @ 4:39 pm

Yea let’s really hope they make that ‘glorified demo’ thing a one time only. Would really suck if that’s the future of Plus.

counterUAVbaby 30 July, 2014 @ 6:56 pm

No mate, there is no comparison with Crysis 2 between 3 since its the continuatio of the story.

Seishoujyo 30 July, 2014 @ 4:10 pm   50

Lol Fez… I think I m done with the PS+, I will just use my next month to play the hell out of BF4 multi and in september I m unsuscribing, don’t need it anymore in october or november to play Assasins creed, The Evil Within, Far Cry 4, Alien Isolation or Dragon Age only solo games.

It’s getting worse and worse each month on PS4 at the point we have a joke like Fez and Road no Take this month, I m not paying for this crap.

Porcupeth00 30 July, 2014 @ 4:31 pm

you have terrible taste in games

No he doesn’t… I’d much much rather play the games he listed than Fez and Road Not Taken

Seishoujyo 30 July, 2014 @ 4:54 pm

I don’t have a problem with indies Porcupeth, I like Outlast, Strike Suit, Octodad, Child Of Light, Transistor, Hotline Miami or even Lone Survivor, but giving us only indies and always the same 2D style, no just no.

aros2011 30 July, 2014 @ 5:30 pm

I want more indie games. Fez is wonderful. AAA is so boring at this point. It will be years before we see something truly new in the AAA space.

Seishoujyo 30 July, 2014 @ 6:23 pm

Dude we are not paying 400 Euro to play indy/phone games like Fez, Pixel Junk, Road Taken or else. If you only want to play that you have your PC or your phone and it will cost less. You can’t be surprised that everyone is [deleted] here, give us an indy game once or twice ok why not, but every month the same old 2D style ? Hell no.

Somapix 30 July, 2014 @ 8:07 pm

I can absolutely see the point of view of people like yourself who want more triple A games and less indies on Plus for PS4, but Fez is excellent and you’d be doing yourself a disservice if you didn’t at least try it. Really clever and fun little game.

Lt_Combo 30 July, 2014 @ 9:02 pm

Child of Light is not an indie game lol .. it’s made by a big AAA studio (ubi)

James_KFC_Lee 30 July, 2014 @ 10:55 pm

If you can afford to buy all those games i don’t know why you are even complaining about a £3.34 a month service.

Load all