Posted 12:00pm

LittleBigPlanet 3 pre-order extras detailed

Find out what’s included in the Extras Edition and other bonus packs

PS4 3D_LBP3_ no rating

We have been absolutely blown away by your anticipation and excitement for LittleBigPlanet 3. It’s been an incredible journey so far with you all and LittleBigPlanet just wouldn’t be the same without its amazing community! And whilst we still have a lot of work to do before the game is released, we’re excited to confirm that LittleBigPlanet 3 will be coming to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 on 19th November, 2014!

We also wanted to let you know about our fantastic range of LittleBigPlanet 3 pre-order bonuses, available from selected retailers exclusively for PlayStation 4!

LittleBigPlanet 3 Extras Edition

We’ve worked with EA Games and Bioware to offer players the Dragon Age: Inquisition Costume Pack. This brand new costume pack gives players access to a range of licensed costumes for the game’s entire cast of characters including OddSock, Swoop, Toggle and the iconic Sackboy.

The Extras Edition also includes the ’4ThePlayers’ costume pack, which transforms Sackboy into a host of iconic PlayStation 4 characters including the menacing Helghast, smoke-shifting superhero Delsin Rowe and heroic Ellie from The Last of Us: Remastered.

#07 - 20140604-0190#08 - Co_Op (5)

Mythical Creatures and Hidden Animals

Other available pre-order bonuses include The ‘Mythical Creatures’ and ‘Hidden Animals’ costume packs, each featuring four completely original outfits, allowing players to transform Toggle into a yeti or turn Swoop into a fantastical firebird.

#07 - 20140604-0190#08 - Co_Op (5)

PlayStation Lineage Costume Pack

Finally, look out for the PlayStation Lineage Costume Pack – a pre-order bonus that will give you access to Sackboy costumes from iconic PlayStation IPs including Journey, God of War, Heavy Rain and ICO!

Instant Access content exclusive to the PS Store!

No matter how you dress the characters, if you pre-order the Extras Edition of LittleBigPlanet 3 from the PlayStation Network you will receive the Dragon Age: Inquisition, ’4ThePlayers’ packs and can celebrate immediately with the ‘Get it Now’ T-shirt pack.

The ‘Get it Now’ pack will give players instant access to the contents right away for Sackboy to wear in LittleBigPlanet 2, LittleBigPlanet PS Vita and LittleBigPlanet Karting. They’ll also be able to wear it immediately in LittleBigPlanet 3 on release.

LBP3_GetitNow

We can’t wait for all of you to get your hands on LittleBigPlanet 3′s creative toolset and whether you own a PlayStation 3 or a PlayStation 4, you will be able to join us and the rest of the LBP community for Sackboy’s greatest adventure yet!

Pre-order LittleBigPlanet 3 from your favourite retailer now!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

78 Comments 8 Author replies
Show oldest first

Custom soundtracks in all of the game would make me pre-order it :)

robsammons 6 August, 2014 @ 12:04 pm   2

Details in full except actually important stuff such as PSN pre order price?

AlemanGC 6 August, 2014 @ 12:05 pm

I analyzed 371 blog comments and 370 were complaints.

robsammons 6 August, 2014 @ 12:15 pm

This isn’t a complaint is just an ask for basic information, it mentions theres a PSN preorder, it’s Sony’s own published game, it’d be nice to see the price as I would love to put a pre order in!

Will the EU edition also be able to function with the US DLC?
I bought LBP2 in the US because you only give them the nice special edition to all my DLC is bought from the US store. If not that’s ok, DLC is cheaper in the US anyway but I was just wondering.

zalwelgoedgaan 6 August, 2014 @ 12:09 pm   4

Exactly what retailers? Are Abercrombie & Fitch one of them?

renaultmilton 6 August, 2014 @ 12:16 pm   5

I LOVE IT! i going to buy both. one in christmas. one at the release day. Also, Toggle in Hidden Animals looks like Chewbacca from Star Wars, as you heard in Pre-order bonuses news at PS Blog in US. now, i going to Pre-order the game! Thanks for the Pre-Order bonuses! :)

Steven Isbell 6 August, 2014 @ 2:41 pm

Haha! Glad you really like Toggle’s Big Foot Costume!
    I’m looking forward to seeing him lots in November!

renaultmilton 6 August, 2014 @ 6:48 pm

Sack Wars / Star Wars: Chewbacca is so Toggle.

Wyldedime1919 6 August, 2014 @ 12:20 pm   6

So we don’t get the awesome plush toy like America is getting? :(

CodemanPSX 6 August, 2014 @ 12:21 pm   7

Any details on the Collector’s Edition?

sporeboy100 6 August, 2014 @ 6:17 pm

i bet for the UK, it will just be a slip cover, and the US gets plush of all 4 characters, all pre-order DLC, bookends, 3 months of Plus for free

deathclaw1234 15 August, 2014 @ 3:42 pm

Considering that Sumo Digital is a compony based in Sheffield UK I think that the UK collectors edition will have just as much stuff as the USA one. In the LBP2 one I got a butt tonne of DLC, a metal case and a big plushie :)

LIKE-NO-ONE 6 August, 2014 @ 12:26 pm   8

The info is incomplete!
What retailers? Also are we getting all of that from whatever one we choose?

Another thing this is kind of lame in the US they get a free sackboy plush and with more choices for preorder bounces. The game is European so it should be the other way around. There should be a collector’s edition.

Never a fan of splitting up all this content to different stores.

Bacon_Crispies 6 August, 2014 @ 12:31 pm   10

I love LBP and I was hoping to get a PS4 when this launches but the idea that taking a load of content and splitting it between several retailers so no one can buy the game as a whole is the biggest kick in the balls you can give to us “amazing” customers. The retailers are the only ones you are pleasing with these deals and at the first opportunity they will try to sell pre-owned copies of the game so you get nothing from sales

Despite my love for your company and this game, you can take your pre-order incentives and stick it where the sun doesn’t shine. No sale.

zalwelgoedgaan 6 August, 2014 @ 12:33 pm

You’re only an amazing customer to them if you buy the game at every single retailer with exclusive content.

But don’t you dare sell your extra copies! Second hand games are EVIL.

robsammons 6 August, 2014 @ 12:44 pm

Sadly it seems the game with game stores is give us pre order content we’ll give you promotion for release then go screw you later on with pre owned.

PeroneyB 6 August, 2014 @ 4:39 pm

What are you talking about? You buy the game ANYWHERE and you get the game as a whole. These bonuses are purely cosmetic; they don’t enhance the functionality of the game and not having them will not affect your ability to play, create, and share levels with the community.

This is FREE BONUS CONTENT for fans who preorder the game. It’s a reward for your loyalty and excitement. You can buy the game after it comes out (for the same exact price) and not get any of the bonus costumes and still have the same experience as somebody who preordered. If you want it all, rest assured that it will be available as DLC at some point after the game’s release.

renaultmilton 6 August, 2014 @ 12:36 pm   11

Also, did you use my idea iin your last post? Thank you! :)

Faustofausto 6 August, 2014 @ 12:45 pm   12

I got a PS3 and I want to buy a PS4 at 2015. If I buy the LBP3 for PS3, is there any chance to upgrade to the PS4 version?

Scuffy_P 6 August, 2014 @ 2:46 pm

If they do offer an upgrade (which I doubt), it certainly won’t be free.

deathclaw1234 15 August, 2014 @ 3:45 pm

They offer upgrades for some games which usually cost around £10 and you just download it on PS4 and insert the PS3 disk into the PS4 when you want to play. I did this I believe with Battlefield 4, Ghosts and Assassins Creed IV

Faustofausto 6 August, 2014 @ 12:45 pm   13

Oh, and LBP3 for PS Vita, please!!! :)

BluSpykz 6 August, 2014 @ 1:13 pm

This ^
    A companion game or even a port. Vita + LBP = GOLD.

madmanwithabox12 6 August, 2014 @ 2:42 pm

There’s already an excellent LBP game on Vita. I’m not sure Vita would be able to handle this game anyway.

Faustofausto 6 August, 2014 @ 3:00 pm

Yeah, the LBP Vita is brilliant, exactly looks like the PS3 version, I think the Vita could handle the LBP3. But another game, like LBP Vita 2 it OK for me ;)

dark_angel69 6 August, 2014 @ 10:30 pm

If your getting the PS4 version then maybe just try the remote play if it works?

Alexanderfreyr 20 August, 2014 @ 2:06 am

The LBP vita game didn’t look remotely as good as the LBP2 game did so obviously vita could not in any shape or form handle LBP3.

TheMART 6 August, 2014 @ 1:05 pm   14

Real question is though:

Where is info on a COLLECTORS EDITION?

Yes, capital letters as I want it so bad :-) I bought the LBP2 CE from USA with the bookstands/gamestands and got my LBP PS3 bundle at the end of 2008. Please please make an extra awesome Collectors Edition of LBP3 it should complete my current collection! Take my money already!

pedrocas170 6 August, 2014 @ 1:19 pm   15

I’m aware it’s quite earlier but how much space occupies LBP3.20gb?

Steven Isbell 6 August, 2014 @ 2:46 pm

It’s a bit too early to say just yet! We still need to finish packing all of the LittleBigPlanet goodness into the game!

This is available to pre-order with the Hidden Animals, Mythical Creatures and Lineage Pack here: http://www.graingergames.co.uk/games/ps4/pf124-littlebigplanet-3

Steven Isbell 6 August, 2014 @ 2:46 pm

That’s a whole lot of costumes for just one purchase! :)

PeroneyB 6 August, 2014 @ 4:44 pm

That’s awesome! I’m in the US so I had to choose between the mythical and hidden packs. Went with mythical.

Witcher70 6 August, 2014 @ 1:26 pm   17

What?!?!? NO PLUSHIE for us ?!?! Give us the Plushie as well. If not then its just going to be the plain old standard edition for me.

gloomcool 6 August, 2014 @ 1:27 pm   18

So nice , I wait 19 Nov. pleaseeer, make it veeery unique than the last lbps, easily to create levels, add mini games like playing as Drake or Joel or Ellie or Sev …

Steven Isbell 6 August, 2014 @ 3:22 pm

What kind of levels would you like to see those PlayStation Heroes in?

Legoman1013 6 August, 2014 @ 1:52 pm   19

Is lbp3 going to come out for ps3 too?

Nazar_Ops 6 August, 2014 @ 2:23 pm   20

Looks like they screwed us over again, like they did with the LBP2 collector’s edition.

Nazar_Ops 6 August, 2014 @ 2:30 pm   21

Also the Rare Day 1 T shirt looks really lame. Why can’t they just make one just like they did for LBP1? I don’t like this tight shirt.

Steven Isbell 6 August, 2014 @ 2:57 pm

That’s actually not the new Rare T-Shirt, it’s something rather unique that you can add to your existing LittleBigPlanet games for pre-ordering LittleBigPlanet 3 from the PlayStation Store!

RemyX-1988 6 August, 2014 @ 2:44 pm   22

Thanks for the information. But do European customers also get the free Sackboy plush? I loved that thing the moment I saw it and would love to add it to my LittleBigCollection. ;)

Scuffy_P 6 August, 2014 @ 2:45 pm   23

Pre-order DLC is one of the worst things about this industry, and I refuse to support it.

MaxDiehard 6 August, 2014 @ 3:07 pm   24

How different are the PS3 and PS4 version going to be? Because i’m pretty sure that PS3 doesn’t have the processing power to handle 16 layers and all the physics that people will throw at it.

Will it be reduced to 3 layers as normal but maintain the new characters?

I’d hate to see the PS4 version dragged down by the 7th gen version, both graphically and content wise. It seems to be a common occurrence with games as of late.

Steven Isbell 6 August, 2014 @ 3:20 pm

Both versions of the game are pretty much identical with the exception of some PlayStation 4 supported features that simply can’t be supported by PlayStation 3 such as enhanced graphics, SHARE functionality and DualShock 4 functionality.

All 16 layers remain intact and the physics are identical between both versions.
    So much so that any levels that you publish with the PlayStation 4 version will be playable on the PlayStation 3 version and vice-versa!

MaxDiehard 6 August, 2014 @ 3:24 pm

That’s good to hear. I’ll be getting the PS4 version of course.

I’m just curious if you guys have a proper water material, one that you can create with like any other, but has the physical properties that allow you to swim when you pass through it. That will open up a whole new level of ideas and possibilities.

I hate having to fill the entire level up.

So pretty much a LBP 2.5 :/.

YoungSandwich999 6 August, 2014 @ 3:43 pm   25

Will we be able to play with players that are on the PS3 version if I am playing on the PS4 version?

Graffin_G 6 August, 2014 @ 4:51 pm   26

Steven, will costumes we’ve bought for LBP1/2/Karting appear in LBP3 (even though i’ll be getting the PS4 version)?

And, does anyone have info as to what Australian retailers will have the Extras Edition/Pre-Order DLC Bonuses?

sporeboy100 6 August, 2014 @ 6:21 pm

all costumes bought from across all games will work with LBP3 (though you would need to use the account the costumes are purchased on to download the PS4 versions of the costumes)

sporeboy100 6 August, 2014 @ 6:24 pm

any chance that GAME can offer the playstation favourites pack and a sackboy plush as pre-order bonuses too?

sporeboy100 6 August, 2014 @ 6:25 pm

ignore that 2nd reply, it was meant to be a general comment, but i sent it as a reply to you on accident

sporeboy100 6 August, 2014 @ 6:24 pm   27

(sorry for double post, accidently sent as a reply to someones comment)

RedHotSackboy 6 August, 2014 @ 6:40 pm   28

Will my LBP 2 Profile Be imported to LBP 3 if i’m Playing On PS4?

RabidJellyfish 6 August, 2014 @ 6:44 pm   29

Since both versions (PS3 and PS4) are apparently nearly identical, does that mean cross-console play will be possible? I have friends who will be getting the game for PS4 but I only have a PS3, so it’d be amazing if this were possible.

RabidJellyfish 6 August, 2014 @ 6:47 pm   30

Since both versions (PS3 and PS4) are nearly identical, will cross-console play will be possible? I have friends who are going to buy the game for PS4, but I only have a PS3, so it’d be amazing if this were possible.

(sorry if this is a double post, I hit submit before but didn’t see my comment so I’m posting again)

procion 6 August, 2014 @ 8:22 pm   31

Why am I even asking questions. as if they are going to answer my ones…

Alex-1124 6 August, 2014 @ 11:50 pm   32

If LBP3 doesn’t get MGSV The Phantom Pain DLC I’ll cry :(. I still class MGS4 as the best LBP DLC of all time and hope you guys still consider MGS as a franchise close to Sackboy’s heart, it’s where all the DLC started :). I’m sorry, I just love LBP and MGS so much.

Graffin_G 7 August, 2014 @ 1:06 am   33

Will the pre-order DLC packs be available for purchase separately?

It seems Aussie retailers are clueless about what extras will be available, let alone have any listing/info on the “extras edition”. I’d like to have all the DLC without having to buy multiple copies of the game.

And yeah, seems the US gets the best deal. Particularly Amazon. Pretty much get everything except the hidden animals & mythical creature DLC but for $69 inc shipping to Australia it’s a hell of a lot cheaper than the $99 it’s supposedly being sold for here. Only downside is I won’t be able to use my costumes from the previous PS3 titles :o(

Will some retailer in AU or UK please give us a better deal?

Graffin_G 7 August, 2014 @ 2:39 am   34

One final question. Will the PS4 version require PS+ to access the user generated levels online? ( I’m not too fussed about not playing with others online).

If I buy the US version and have PS+ on my AU account and play the game on my AU account will I be able to access everything?

Sorry for all the noob questions, I’m just new to the PS4 and the whole PS Plus thing!

RenoTonakai 7 August, 2014 @ 9:13 am   35

So there won’t be a collectors edition with bookshelves, sackboy plush and unreleased costumes this time?

RenoTonakai 7 August, 2014 @ 9:25 am   36

And will sackboy be able to wear the costume Toggle is wearing in the packs and vice versa?

ALXM00RE11 7 August, 2014 @ 10:50 am

Each character will have a unique costume pieces! Sackboy still keeps all his DLC costumes I believe but all the other characters are getting unique ones :)

renaultmilton 7 August, 2014 @ 1:27 pm   37

UPDATE: I cant Pre-order the game. because theres is no retailers have the game and Pre.Order offer in my Island :(

Alexanderfreyr 20 August, 2014 @ 2:21 am

Same here so what i would do (which I’m gonna also do) is to pre-order it through amazon or other places and find one that ships to your region. I always go to amazon find the item i want to purchase and click the blue “NEW” link that will take you to many different shippers to choose from. Just select one that has “International & domestic delivery rates” in its description. Good luck!

T_Spartakus 7 August, 2014 @ 3:55 pm   38

Its not avalible to Pre-Order Digitaly here in europe.. :(

XMinerPRO 7 August, 2014 @ 4:13 pm   39

When will it be available in the PS store? Couldn´t find it anywhere!

Pasa1977 7 August, 2014 @ 8:03 pm   40

What is with the Amazon pre order bonus its not staying here on this text?

Tomo_dactyl26 7 August, 2014 @ 8:55 pm   41

Wait, it says you get this when preordering the extras edition is that the same as just preordering the game from amazon or does this cost extra?

osvaldo_sniper 11 August, 2014 @ 11:30 pm   42

What happens if I pre ordered LBP3 before the announcement of the DLC? I don’t think it’s possible to cancel the pre-order and do it again, is it?

AwesomeAdam2 20 August, 2014 @ 10:20 am   43

Im sooo exited i cant even spel I’ve been waiting for so long and also how do you get the hidden creatures i dont know where to pre order it and also thanks Xdevs!

AwesomeAdam2 20 August, 2014 @ 10:23 am   44

I cant wait to see what the levels are like all the characters changed the ways to make levels since swoop might be able to fly through
Thanks for making this awesome game Xdev

ryder249 21 August, 2014 @ 1:26 am   45

Everytime I go to pre-order LittleBigPlanet 3 on ps3 they say it’s not for ps3 help!

GENERAL_COP619 22 August, 2014 @ 10:10 pm   46

when is lbp 3 for the ps store coming for EU

patrik_senov 29 August, 2014 @ 10:04 pm   47

I really want to know this too. US seems to already have it and I never see it in coming soon section of ps store at ps4. quite long time has passed since US got it, and EU has still none. is it even going to be released? when not, will it be possible to buy these T-shirts on ps store after the release as in previous games? also, wich DLCs will be rare forever and wich will be avalaible still after the release (as it was with bioshock pack in LBP ps vita, wich included it as pre-order bonus and it was just avalaible few months after the release)? is it even possible to have all the packs in EU? (PS. sorry for my grammar, I’m not from any state with english as main language and I still did not entirely learn english.)