Posted 11 August

Hotline Miami storms onto PS4 next week

Brand new features detailed in full for Dennaton's smash hit

A little over a year ago Jonatan Söderström and Dennis Wedin’s Hotline Miami launched on PlayStation 3 and PS Vita thanks to the efforts of fellow developer Abstraction Games and the good folks at PlayStation in America and Europe. Between now and then Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number was announced and the PlayStation 4 took the world by storm, but we always new that Dennaton Games‘ landmark game had to make its way to PlayStation 4. That’s why we’re absolutely thrilled to announce that Hotline Miami will launch for PlayStation 4 on 20th August in Europe.

So what’s new? Well the team didn’t want to tamper with the perfection that is Hotline Miami for the latest release but there were certainly some fun new options that were only possible on the PlayStation 4. Gamers can now use the PlayStation 4′s touchpad to look around and lock on enemies and actually shake the gamepad itself to perform execution moves when you have an enemy pinned on the ground. And to take the violence to the next level, the sounds of those same execution moves are amplified through the speaker on the gamepad itself. Ouch.

PREVIEW-NPUB31200-HOTLINEMIAMI1

Dennaton Games, Abstraction Games, and Devolver Digital hope you enjoy this latest release of Hotline Miami and are hyped for Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita in the future. As always, Hotline Miami is a Cross-Buy game so if you own it on PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Vita then you already own it on PlayStation 4.

Please follow @HotlineMiami and @DevolverDigital on Twitter for more news about all things Hotline Miami and thanks to all the fans for your amazing support!

PREVIEW-NPUB31200-HOTLINEMIAMI3

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

23 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

magicKERR 11 August, 2014 @ 4:39 pm   1

will all the people who got Hotline Miami free on PlayStation Plus for ps3/vita also be getting the PlayStation 4 version for free?

Freaking love that game!!!

fps_d0minat0r 11 August, 2014 @ 4:44 pm

Yeah its nice to see developers back the cross buy scheme rather than assume people are going to buy 3 versions of the same game.

rateddany998 11 August, 2014 @ 4:46 pm

Glad to tell you that yes, You will get the ps4 version for free :)

mattledger 11 August, 2014 @ 5:06 pm

It says in the article, “As always, Hotline Miami is a Cross-Buy game so if you own it on PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Vita then you already own it on PlayStation 4.” :)

magicKERR 11 August, 2014 @ 5:46 pm

Yeah but so was puddle. that was a Free PlayStation Plus game but you have to pay for it for ps4.

Harrisown 11 August, 2014 @ 7:35 pm

No, not all the people.Only the good little boys.

fps_d0minat0r 11 August, 2014 @ 4:42 pm   2

Will it share the same trophy list as the PS3 and Vita?

And its probably too late for this, but you guys should consider adding stat tracking in hotline miami 2. The weapon kill trophies were a pain to keep track of.

johnnycide 11 August, 2014 @ 4:45 pm   3

Another port……
OF THE BEST INDIE GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED. I don’t even care that this is old and that the new features don’t really add much. I’m getting this. Even if I had to pay for it I would buy it three times. Hotline Miami is the gawd dayum balls, and I eagerly await the sequel.

MrSabuhudo 12 August, 2014 @ 9:07 pm

you don’t have to buy it if you own the ps3 / ps vita version ;-) which it sounds like you do…

supersmith2500 11 August, 2014 @ 5:15 pm   4

I own Hotline Miami on Vita. Will I get the PS4 version free?

zalwelgoedgaan 11 August, 2014 @ 5:41 pm   5

I have a disease and the only cure is Hotline Miami 2. Don’t leave me hanging here, when is it gonna come out?

MaikelSteneker 11 August, 2014 @ 6:00 pm   6

Those new features sound like they could make the game even cooler! Will cross save also work with the PS4 version?

I still can’t install patch 1.01 on my PS3. I hope once this comes out, they’ll also release a working patch for the PS3 version..

alphastreamz 11 August, 2014 @ 6:37 pm   8

Great Game, i hope this one is bug free! :)

Beaten on Vita. Will replay on PS4.

Paquete89 11 August, 2014 @ 11:23 pm   10

Amazing game! One of the best soundtracks in recent memory, frenetic non-stop bloody action, with an addictive and satisfying trial and error gameplay. It’s probably the best indie out there, I’m glad more people get to play it on the ps4.

Vulcan_Spectre 11 August, 2014 @ 11:30 pm   11

Hotline Miami is one of my favourite games of all time, and one of my proudest Platinum Trophies.

MrSabuhudo 12 August, 2014 @ 9:10 pm

would be one of mine too… if i had it!! :’( i can’t crack the get a life trophy…

aburridoconH 12 August, 2014 @ 12:15 am   12

1080p and 60 fps or i’m not buying lol :P

Lt_Combo 12 August, 2014 @ 6:55 am   13

I’m happy for everyone who got this game for free on PSv .. but I’m even more happy that I paid for it and supported the devs. This was one of the BEST games, certainly the best indie I’ve played on VITA .. Seriously.. EXTREMELY ADDICTIVE .. I’m still ashamed I did not get the last 3 or 4 trophies for a platinum (only need 2 or 3 more levels at A+ and the trophies for all takedowns or something)

One thing though .. many people have had their thumb sticks damaged .. mine are still perfect (2 day one controllers, that I got with the 500euro, KZSF, 2 controller, Camera and PS4 bundle) but I’m pretty sure after this game I will need to send them to Sony for repairs LOL ..

Thanks devs .. may your game sell TONS on the PS4 and make way for Hotline miami 2 which I bet will also be fantastic. I will certainly buy it and I hope it’s cross buy so I can enjoy it on my VITA and PS4!

Its an addictive game but I must be missing something as I find this to be one of the most infuriating games I have played in a long time! Progress, progress, progress…..damn it!! Start again etc. Haven’t deleted it yet though.