Posted 3:58pm

PS Plus in September: Velocity 2X, Sportsfriends, Joe Danger PS Vita, more

Acclaimed shoot ‘em up TxK and PlayStation Allstars Battle Royale also incoming

Hi everyone. To help boost your gaming collection we have a feast of goodies lined up for next month on PlayStation Plus. Read on for full details of what’s coming your way on 3rd September.

New on PlayStation 4

First up this month on PS4, we welcome the highly addictive arcade shoot ‘em up sequel Velocity 2X.

Infiltrate space stations, moon bases and alien planets to disrupt the crushing tyranny imposed by the evil Vokh Empire. Engage the Quarp Drive teleport to outsmart the enemy in race-tuned space combat, then dock your ship, jump out and run around on foot to infiltrate enemy bases. Once you’ve disabled internal defences, jump back into the Quarp Jet and continue your mission!

Next up, is the critically acclaimed Sportsfriends – a tightly-knit compendium of local multiplayer games for living rooms, parties and even your backyard.

Whether you’re into retro-style fighting games or fancy some pole vault duelling there is definitely something to keep everyone entertained in this incredible social experience. Best of all, you can pick this up on both PS3 and PS4, so grab your friends and challenge them to some hilarious sporting action!

New on PlayStation 3

First up on PS3 this month comes explosive brawler PlayStation Allstars Battle Royale. This supercharged showdown is a celebration of the stars and games that made PlayStation a household name. Not only can you play as your favourite hero, villain or mascot – you also get to duke it out in some famous PlayStation settings.

Take on up to three of your friends offline and via PlayStation Network across a variety of competitive and co-operative modes as you fight on constantly evolving battle arenas. As an added bonus you can also pick up the PS Vita version to keep battling on the move.

Next up burn villages, kidnap the princess and incinerate thieves in your quest to gather the most gold whilst obtaining over 100 badges in four game modes across 35 levels. Hoard is an addictive blend of arcade action and strategy that allows you to play with or against friends in four player co-op mode and competitive multiplayer.

New on PS Vita

First up on PS Vita this month is Llamasoft’s highly addictive psychedelic tube shooter TxK. The spiritual successor to retro classic Tempest, TxK brings you 100 levels of score-chasing gameplay married to an outstanding soundtrack that will have your head nodding as you blast your way onto the leaderboards.

In our final offering this month take Joe Danger on a ride from zero to hero in a game that lives up to its PS3 big brother with no compromises. Eye-popping super-smooth 60FPS graphics use only the very brightest colours on the PS Vita’s lovely screen, and there’s a revamped control scheme so it plays just as nicely, too – including touch controls for the editor modes!

CoinDash

3rd September: Velocity 2X
3rd September: Sportsfriends
3rd September: PlayStation Allstars Battle Royale
3rd September: Hoard
3rd September: TxK
3rd September: Joe Danger PS Vita

Don’t miss out! Make sure add any of the games scheduled to leave the service to your download list now to ensure you get to play them!

Don’t forget to also visit the PlayStation forums where each month we have multiplayer tournaments and challenges for you to enjoy and compete against other Plus members from around the world.

Not a PlayStation Plus member? Then join today from just £5.49/€6.99 per month. To find out more visit our PlayStation Plus site.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

878 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first
counterUAVbaby 27 August, 2014 @ 4:00 pm   1

Omg !!! I leaving this service today!!!!

counterUAVbaby 27 August, 2014 @ 4:00 pm

*am

Andrew-McColl 27 August, 2014 @ 4:02 pm

worst month in a long time, what are they one when they pick these games!

Andrew-McColl 27 August, 2014 @ 4:03 pm

*on

zalwelgoedgaan 27 August, 2014 @ 4:05 pm

Sounds like you two are kindred spirits, haha.

MyNameIsAdam 27 August, 2014 @ 4:05 pm

Bye!

MyNameIsAdam 27 August, 2014 @ 4:07 pm

The first Velocity was great. Unfortunately people seem to be writing off the sequel before playing it simply because it’s not a massive AAA game. Their loss.

X_Blood_Curse_X 27 August, 2014 @ 4:07 pm

PS+ has really really gone downhill. Weak all round this month, its almost impressive.

counterUAVbaby 27 August, 2014 @ 4:07 pm

@MyNameIsAdam Bye!

SGTSTEELFACE 27 August, 2014 @ 4:09 pm

Velocity 2X is a massive gain for plus cant wait to play it LOVED the first one

Gate_Guard 27 August, 2014 @ 4:18 pm

Hate people like you, and i hope you do leave.

counterUAVbaby 27 August, 2014 @ 4:35 pm

@MyNameIsAdam Keep that game for yourself then!

counterUAVbaby 27 August, 2014 @ 4:36 pm

@RTLF Im not interested and you are looking forward to a demo.

You’re just ignorant pal, you see indie graphics and straight away think the game isn’t good. Do some research to find out more about them. 2X, TxK and sportsfriends are really good games. PS4 is still too new for full AAA games on a service which is only about 4 euros a month

Shadiochao 27 August, 2014 @ 4:46 pm

CounterUAVbaby, stop it with your childish empty threats. I decided to look back on your previous PS Plus comments and what I found was interesting to say the least.

So many people agreed with YOUR praise and gratitude for June’s line-up that you managed to get the top comment. You apparently quit the service for Xbox Live due to how badly you were affected by July’s line-up. Sadly you were still here to comment on how amazing August’s line-up was, only to say you’re quitting again because the service isn’t meeting your expectations.

Which is it?

Gate_Guard 27 August, 2014 @ 4:48 pm

Did i just said that the games are great? nope. but i have my PS PLUS for a year, and what i got just until now is already cover every dollar, so again.. leave if you want, it’s your loss.

counterUAVbaby 27 August, 2014 @ 5:25 pm

@RTLF Hey dude im so sick of Indie games, problemo??

counterUAVbaby 27 August, 2014 @ 5:28 pm

@Shadiochao I was praising NBA, but it turned to be (MODERATED) game like people talking about. And no I don’t need attention to express my opinions on subjects, I can do it without them. Also I dumped PS for that month and now that my sub is expiring I going for good. So all your questions solved?

counterUAVbaby 27 August, 2014 @ 5:29 pm

@Gate_Guard Yes, you pretend.

BluSpykz 27 August, 2014 @ 5:32 pm

Can’t blame you.

As a service, PS+ on paper is a wonderful idea, which flourished in the first year. But since PS4 has been released, the quality on PS3 and PS Vita platforms has dwindled into virtual nothingness.

I don’t want to rain on some people’s livelihood but some of the games really look, and play appallingly. 1980s ARCADE games played better (because looks isn’t everything, but substance and gameplay IS – and a lot – a HELL OF A LOT – of the indie’s on PS+ lack any structure or point).

PS3 and Vita have more games than people realise. I can’t believe these are the “best” you can acquire.

counterUAVbaby 27 August, 2014 @ 6:55 pm

@BluSpykz Thank you! :)

The previous bundle was brillant, one of the best there was, and If you don’t like or appreciate great, not good, great indie games, please leave both PS+, PS3/4 and consoles as a whole.

However this September, yes this is the worst line-up I’ve seen this far, not going to even touch it, this is not a great back2school/work line-up.

TeddyBearTwinkle 27 August, 2014 @ 8:10 pm

Oh shut up you foreign idiot n just gtfo this blog before i get every1 to report you u childish baboon

Tipo-120B 27 August, 2014 @ 8:53 pm

counterUAVbaby is right. This service has become a waste of time and a waste of money. There’s alot of sympasizers on here who defened Sony’s PS Plus subscription. I wonder how many are new subscribers over the last 2 years or so?

What I have to say to you is to try and find what kind of games were offered when the service first began, then take a look at what is offered now. The subscription is no longer a premier service, it’s less than mediocre to what it once was.

I fear the only reason they made PS4 online gaming (excluding free to play) a paid service is to save PS Plus from certain death as the number of people leaving was probably becoming to high to warant keeping the service running.

Certainly, for me, the best games on PS4 are free to play: Blacklight (OK, the visuals may not be AAA and the microtransactions are ridiculous but, the gameplay, hit detection and general run-and-gun is spot on), Project Cars (when it’s released) and the upcoming Planetside 2.

To me, the only reason to have a subscription would be for Destiny. If those previews were Alpha and Beta, seeing the finished version should be something to believe. I appreciate it’s not for everyone but the polish of the game should be a lesson to other developers.

cranky_wombat 27 August, 2014 @ 9:35 pm

Omfg counterUAV you say this EVERY month but you’re still here. Grow a pair and leave if you’re going to already this is getting boring!!!

counterUAVbaby 27 August, 2014 @ 9:40 pm

@TeddyBearTwinkle Oh really? You gonna report me for my opinion? Then you should report the half of this blog.

counterUAVbaby 27 August, 2014 @ 9:40 pm

@Tipo-120B Thank you mate. :)

counterUAVbaby 27 August, 2014 @ 9:41 pm

@cranky_wombat This Friday! :), but that won’t mean that I won’t comment on other line-ups.

counterUAVbaby 27 August, 2014 @ 9:43 pm

@Augurae I do not really like Indies and seriously leave the brand just for the indies, lol?

cranky_wombat 28 August, 2014 @ 4:23 am

@counterUAV so that means tou are 100% leaving ps plus?! Thats great news! Does that mean you’ll go troll the xbox gold blog instead then?! I agree this isnt an amazing line up by any stretch of the imagination however I’ve barely scratched ther surface of all the other AAA titles. if you have finished all the best games then fair enough if not then you really have nothing to complain about. If you have finished everything worth playing then then obviously you need online dating or something that or you’re just a snob.

mosessaur 28 August, 2014 @ 7:46 am

LOL, really best game of this lineup is that @counterUAVbaby decided to unsubscribe. Hopefully we won’t see any more of this silly whining

mosessaur 28 August, 2014 @ 7:54 am

Where is the evaluation survey of previous month lineup?!

SuperJag86 28 August, 2014 @ 11:51 am

@counterUAV What is wrong with you??

@counterUAV Haha, Games with Gold announced for Sept, only one game on XB1 and it’s an indie. Now go troll their forums instead, your self-entitled whining has worn thin here

Why has counterUAVbaby not been banned yet? He has apparently been leaving for the last three months anyway. Also why on earth are people giving this guy/troll his daily fix. Gee we are living in a very entitled world., so sad.

counterUAVbaby 29 August, 2014 @ 8:06 am

@RTLF Both Xbox One games are more better than Velocity and Sportsfields any day! And you are getting 2 new indies for PS4 every month, because PS4 is the Indie station.

counterUAVbaby 29 August, 2014 @ 8:07 am

@TVR-77 Someone here is a butth**rt boy for people who are right.

Now I know you’re definitely trolling, there is only ONE game for Xbox One this month and its that indie game Super Time Force. The other two games are for 360 only, Halo Reach is the best one but it’s ancient and you can get it in a bargain bin for two quid anyway

counterUAVbaby 29 August, 2014 @ 9:39 pm

@RTLF No im not trolling, not at all, I already knew the GWG for this month and what I meant is that STF and Crimson Dragon (even if its a repeat) combined are better than the Ps4 plus games for this month, on and show me a place where i can buy halo reach for 2 quids, who is trolling now?

@counterUAVbaby I can see why your so upset now, i just checked out you PSN profile and almost all the games that you have played are PS Plus games. Then again judging by your profile you don’t even appear to be much of a gamer anyway.

counterUAVbaby 1 September, 2014 @ 1:57 pm

@TVR-77 As the old saying goes: Before you blame, find proof. Well I said to many times, but if you don’t follow, it isn’t my problem. First of all my most gaming I do it on Xbox and PC and secondly I recently bought a new Ps3 (May), because last year Sony broke it with their stupid update. Do you have any more questions?

I never asked you a question but since you are asking me i have just one question. When are you going to actually take up your own empty threats and leave like you keep saying you are. The real reason your so upset is because you came to Playstaition for the free Plus games and now they are not what you was hoping for you have thrown your rattle out the cot. Stop whining

I cant believe how dumb people have become, they are basing the whole Playstation experience on the offerings that they get from the PS Plus subscription. Why? I don’t get it, Playstation is NOT defined by PS Plus. Beyond PS Plus its still a great gaming console. Move to Xbox and you are still no better off, you still have to pay to play online and even now the Games With Gold are still not better than PS Plus and it never will be. Halo Reach is the best game they have offered so far so that says it all in my book.

You are all actually complaining because Playsation was too good to us in the past and now they are struggling to keep up the standard. How fair is that really.

Also can you blame Chris for not replying who in there right mind would try and tackle all these negative comments. Nothing he can say will make the slightest bit of difference to you all.

counterUAVbaby 3 September, 2014 @ 11:29 am

@TVR-77 Now, I already know that you are a blind su**er, you call Sleeping Dogs, Dishonored, Hitman: Absolution, Halo 3, Halo Reach, Saints Row: The Third, Deadlight, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Civilization: Revolution, Assassins Creed II, Crackdown, etc, bad games?!?! You shouldn’t be called a gamer, im trully feel sorry for you. And yes I bought a PS3 for free games, problem?? I can complain as much as I want to since I own a product of them. And stop making stup** excuses to cover Chris. You already know that the last three months he replied only 2-3 times on PS+ blogs.

counterUAVbaby 3 September, 2014 @ 11:30 am

@Booga Sorry mate, but I own a PS3. And I really really don’t give a buck about Velocity, I prefer Super Time Force, much better.

counterUAVbaby 3 September, 2014 @ 11:32 am

@TVR-77 EDIT: You see I don’t have that symbol, anymore! I left, but that doesn’t mean that I won’t comment.

Oh god! stop listing all those games, please! Your blowing me away……NOT how pathetic.

There is zero point is talking to you as your only willing to see things one way, you are a vile person through and through, why do you want to keep coming back just to complain about a product you no longer have, how sad are you? are you really that obsessed and to be honest i’m tired of trying to make sense of your comments now so good bye.

counterUAVbaby 3 September, 2014 @ 4:19 pm

@TVR-77 I have the console, but I left Plus! Okay leave.

Alphaembryo 27 August, 2014 @ 4:00 pm   2

Not good enough…

Mario__4__Life 27 August, 2014 @ 4:09 pm

Feels great to have abandoned PLUS in favor of PURCHASING the games i want IN SALES.

jerlaak97 27 August, 2014 @ 4:12 pm

Mario_4_Life

Who says you can’t fo both?

jerlaak97 27 August, 2014 @ 4:12 pm

*Do. Thanks for the edit button, PS Blog :)

Jellyape 27 August, 2014 @ 4:19 pm

I feel like I was tricked out of doing what Mario_4_life did by Sony’s ‘promises’ wish I had done that now, but I sold all the games I already owned that went on PS+ :(

andrewsqual 27 August, 2014 @ 4:42 pm

@Jellyape Mario_4_Life is the same spam user back yet again with yet ANOTHER account. Doesn’t even have a PS4 as he stated about 3 weeks ago. None of these multiple PSN account he comments with ever have a PS Plus subscription attached to it so he “abandoned” nothing.
    I however will enjoy these free NINE games this month across my 3 consoles :)
    Hey AlemanGC, sorry I meant Mario_4_Life of course, you get an even bigger discount in the Sales with a PS Plus account ^_^

Alphaembryo 27 August, 2014 @ 5:37 pm

90 minutes later after the thread goes up and you have 14 people liking it and 375 comments. Now, I wonder about the number of the dislikes…

I feel similarly. I’ve loved and defended the previous indie titles and such, but this is just too much. Really disappointing.

Alphaembryo 27 August, 2014 @ 6:24 pm

5/6 games given this month are Indies. One more and the service could be officially renamed as Indie Game Collection (IGC)…

Alphaembryo 28 August, 2014 @ 12:55 pm

Some 20 hours in after the thread went up, and we have 30 people liking it and almost 300 clicks on the first comment that says: ”Omg !!! I leaving this service today!!!!”. That is 9 users out of 10 that seem not to like the PS+ update. Any luck on getting an official response on this? @Chris? Anyone?

@Alpha: I ensure you they have passed the information to the relevant team :)

Alphaembryo 28 August, 2014 @ 6:44 pm

@WizzNL
    Yeah, I remember that line… :D

@mario_4_life Good luck buying all those games with a budget of little more than 5 euros a month. Especially when you also lose the Plus discounts as well

Ishan_The_King 27 August, 2014 @ 4:01 pm   3

This has to be one of the most mediocre Plus updates ever.

RainyDusk 27 August, 2014 @ 4:08 pm

Sorry but this is one of the best months ever, especially for Vita owners.

Velocity 2X, PASBR, TxK, Joe Danger..many happy Vitas out there, including mine! :D

Mario__4__Life 27 August, 2014 @ 4:10 pm

You are too friendly. I dont know some of these games, but it appears to be the worst month BY FAR.

And when you look at ps44, some people expected knack & driveclub by now.

@Mario: Driveclub is next month, Knack probably wont come to ps plus as it scored too low on metacritic

counterUAVbaby 27 August, 2014 @ 4:38 pm

@Ishan Not even close to mediocre. Sucking is much better.

counterUAVbaby 27 August, 2014 @ 4:39 pm

@RTLF They broke this law by many months ago.

Twinkling82 27 August, 2014 @ 5:59 pm

@mario – people expected driveclub, before its release? That is expecting too much. I understand Knack, however, a hypered game that ultimately wasn’t that great according to many.

Oh my…

counterUAVbaby 27 August, 2014 @ 4:04 pm

My thoughts exactly :(

fps_d0minat0r 27 August, 2014 @ 5:35 pm

Dont worry, there will be a meaningless survey a month later when its too late, where you can vent your frustration and enjoy knowing that it doesnt count for anything.

Ghost-Helm 27 August, 2014 @ 10:13 pm

Definitely one of the weakest line-ups in a while. I might pick up PlayStation All-Stars, see how it compares to my nostalgia of Smash Bros!

I get that the PS4 won’t have the AAA games yet, due to the infancy of the console, but even the PS3 line-ups aren’t as good as they used to be. Maybe it’s got something to do with the fact that there isn’t the pressure to get the games on the service now that it’s compulsory for multiplayer on PS4.

eyesofvenus 28 August, 2014 @ 9:55 pm

PS4 users need ps+ to play games online, ps3 users are probably only staying subbed for the free games. They don’t need to give great games anymore. With the amount of new ps4 owners signed up to ps+ and them trying to lull people from their ps3′s to ps4′s, you can kinda see what’s going on here. Give it another couple of months and ps3 will be down to one game a month and probably on a bi-month rota of aaa/indie

SuperJag86 27 August, 2014 @ 4:02 pm   5

This is such an awesome selection especially for PS4 and Vita!
Any chance that the Vita version of Velocity 2X is also included as it is supposed to be cross buy?

Awesomeee!!! (not)
We have plus on PS4 just to play online….

Danterikxx 27 August, 2014 @ 4:16 pm

too bad, so sad

Calma Diogo, Velocity 2X e um jogo espetacular e joga sportsfriends com os teus amigos, vais ver que tem muita graca tambem. Proximo mes vem Driveclub

provavelmente meterem estes jogos mais fracos mesmo a pensar nisso, que para o mes que vem o driveclub está ai e que a malta se cala, quando o driveclub embora tenha uma versao para os membros da plus, na realidade nao conta como jogo da IGC

Mickey3gs 28 August, 2014 @ 6:05 am

@Danterikxx someone’s a Christie fan in SFXT lolol

Seriously? This is worse than last month and the month before… What happened to all the great games on the service? So disappointing.

Ants_Pai 27 August, 2014 @ 4:04 pm

I see the polling on the previous months games is missing from this post too. I guess we all know why that is. This is becoming a joke. I wish I could opt out of months.

The poll will be out when the games are out with next weeks update.

jerlaak97 27 August, 2014 @ 4:14 pm

PS+ became mandatory on PS4 so now they don’t have a reason to maintain the quality of the service because people will keep buying it anyway, because they have to.

Well, looks like I’ll get the PS4 for exclusives and otherwise stick to my PC

Guess I’ll finally have time to play some of those great games I’ve been keeping for ever, but never had the time to!

Porcupeth00 27 August, 2014 @ 4:37 pm

glad the poll is gone, this blog has too many stupids with bad taste.

Silent_Gig 27 August, 2014 @ 4:02 pm   8

Only really excited about TxK

Silent_Gig 27 August, 2014 @ 4:03 pm

Its a good thing Plus members gets Dont Starve next week – that and TxK holds up the subscription for me personally.

G-IH-O-S-T 27 August, 2014 @ 4:42 pm

You have no idea what you’re missing on then. You should probably give Velocity 2X a go as it’s the best thing in this lineup.
    A new release and a REALLY REALLY fun game.

Silent_Gig 27 August, 2014 @ 4:55 pm

Ill give it a try down the line but i dont know much about it to get hype like everyone else.

same but let’s see…I bought that on release because it was Jeff Mintor.

Hoard??!! Yeah that would have been great as a plus item when we had to wait forever for it to arrive on the EU Plus store years ago.

We already had Don’t Starve on PS4 as a plus offering…let me guess they forgot about it so we get it again…great just great.

Can I transfer my plus to the Japanese plus? I’d rather fumble my way through some vita JRPG in a language I don’t quite understand than to accept this. Is this punishment for people moaning about the free Lego game or have you finally decided you don’t need to compete with xbox …after all they too like to give “free” games you could pick up for less than a fiver at a cash converters

RainyDusk 27 August, 2014 @ 4:03 pm   9

Velocity 2X ?????
This month wins.

zalwelgoedgaan 27 August, 2014 @ 4:03 pm   10

HAHAHAHAAHAAH!

I knew Velocity was gonna be +! Futurlab just loves it too much! HAHAHAAHAHAH!

SuperJag86 27 August, 2014 @ 4:10 pm

I kind of wish they wouldn’t put it on Plus so I could give them my money!!
    Still I’m not complaining, but I am excited!!

zalwelgoedgaan 27 August, 2014 @ 4:46 pm

You can always buy it with your alt accounts if they don’t have Plus on them.

You’re Euro, right? We pretty much all have USA accounts at least. XD

LongWang82 27 August, 2014 @ 4:03 pm   11

Now people are subbing for ps4 they don’t need to offer anything good anymore! Making games with gold look good!

I doubt you’ll have a lot of happy replies.

Not too shabby. No real hard-hitting games that have entered, which is perhaps disappointing given this time last year we got Assassin’s Creed 3 in the IGC. No games with tacked on multiplayer thankfully, which is a nice improvement over the last few months. Keep it up :D

ScribbleAlex 27 August, 2014 @ 4:04 pm   14

This is an awful selection. Come on guys even games with gold is better that this.

Gate_Guard 27 August, 2014 @ 4:14 pm

How so? tell me, please.

jerlaak97 27 August, 2014 @ 4:21 pm

Gate_Guard

Well, they give out better games. Quality> quantity. These games aren’t bad… Well, the ones I’ve heard about but they aren’t great either

Gate_Guard 27 August, 2014 @ 4:24 pm

better games? is that so.. what better games exactly?

ScribbleAlex 27 August, 2014 @ 4:26 pm

I play the games with gold games. I have no interest in ANY of the PS4 plus games released so far.

I loved the service on the PS3 and I knew we wouldn’t get AAA games straight away but I was expecting something along the lines of Knack or Tomb Raider by now.

I’ll carry on subscribing because I have to due to multiplayer but these so called free games suck.

Gate_Guard 27 August, 2014 @ 4:33 pm

games with gold VS PS plus, past month
    X1 games – Crimson Dragon (kinect game) and Strike Suit Zero.
    PS4 games – Road Not Taken and Fez.

you were saying?

Porcupeth00 27 August, 2014 @ 4:36 pm

nope, not even close. PS+ has been way better.

jerlaak97 27 August, 2014 @ 4:39 pm

Guess it’s a matter of opinion, but at least for 360 they gave Dishonored and some other game. PS+ for PS3 gave Crysis 3 and Proteus.

See the difference? Yeah…

But I haven’t kept my eyes on GWG for that long. Don’t know what’s on X1 but for the last gen consoles, Xbox side is doing a better job.

counterUAVbaby 27 August, 2014 @ 4:42 pm

@Gate_Guard Kinect is optional for Crimson Dragon. You were saying?

Gate_Guard 27 August, 2014 @ 4:42 pm

Maybe, but you can argue that Crysis 3 and Dishonored are 2 AAA titles, so it’s still a matter of opinion.

Gate_Guard 27 August, 2014 @ 4:50 pm

Crimson Dragon is still 56 on metecritic, so it’s a good game? meanwhile, fez is 90.

ScribbleAlex 27 August, 2014 @ 5:12 pm

Yeah Fez might be a 90 and I know others love it, I dont.
    There hasn’t been one PS4 plus game that ive spent more than 20mins playing.

Gate_Guard 27 August, 2014 @ 5:27 pm

So you saying that you had more fun with Crimson Dragon?

Maybe this will help: http://www.listwar.com/ps-plus-vs-gold/ pretty concise comparison…

counterUAVbaby 27 August, 2014 @ 6:57 pm

@Gate_Guard Yes Crimson Dragon is much better that Fez any day!

ScribbleAlex 27 August, 2014 @ 7:44 pm

I didnt like Fez at all. Not my type of game. I hope you enjoyed it though.

a_certain_mr 27 August, 2014 @ 4:04 pm   15

So totally sick of side-scrolling games on PS4. Variety? Anyone? I played all these game on my MegaDrive 15 years ago.

SuperJag86 27 August, 2014 @ 4:11 pm

No you haven’t.

a_certain_mr 27 August, 2014 @ 4:14 pm

Yes I have.

Gate_Guard 27 August, 2014 @ 4:17 pm

So side-scrolling is not good huh.. well, would be better to give you a really good game? something from our time, like.. Call of duty! that’s good right?!

SuperJag86 27 August, 2014 @ 4:18 pm

I LOVED my Mega Drive and there weren’t games of this quality back then, sorry!

a_certain_mr 27 August, 2014 @ 4:26 pm

Nope, don’t play Call of Duty. Just fatigued with all the 2D indie/puzzle/shooter. I’m not sure why you’re defending this?

PS4 we’ve had Strider – 2D bash stuff, Towerfall – 2D jump n shoot stuff, Road Not Taken – 2D puzzle thingy, Pixeljunk – 2D …thingy, Trine 2 – 2D platform puzzle thingy, Stick it to the Man 2D platformer, Mercenary Kings – 2D shooter… you have to go all the way back to Outlast in Feb to find a 3D game!

My point is that it’s getting samey, and niche. I may not have played these games before, but I’ve had all these experiences before and on a console 20 years ago.

The-Explodey 27 August, 2014 @ 4:27 pm

you had a megadrive 15!. no wonder these games arent to your taste your from the future XP at least its good to hear sega made a new console, even if the name is a little unorigional

Gate_Guard 27 August, 2014 @ 4:34 pm

How much you pait for PS PLUS and how long you have it?

SuperJag86 27 August, 2014 @ 4:38 pm

I’m just saying that 2D does not automatically mean it’s a bad game and a retro art style is not the same as a 16-bit game or a game made during that time.
    Games are constantly evolving and there are new ideas all the time, to judge a game on its visual choices seems a little closed minded, that’s all.

a_certain_mr 27 August, 2014 @ 4:57 pm

I actually agree, 2D doesn’t mean it’s a bad game at all, it’s just month after month after month…. Up until now when it’s arguably the worst month yet for PS4. I mean, it’s a PS4, it’s a new console, let’s see what it can do, let’s get some variety or something.

For the record I would love a MegaDrive 15, although I totally missed out on 3 through 14. Hopefully they’ll just re-release HD updates of the games I missed on the latest one though. :)

@The-Explodey
    He said 15 years ago. Not MegaDrive 15. Damn, are u really that stupid?

If you really want to see what the console can do then go and buy the games the traditional way, you want triple AAA on a new console then you’ll have to pay triple AAA prices. Don’t expect a cheap subscription service to do it all for you when a console is not even close to a year old yet. PS plus is cheaper than a pint of beer per month for god’s sake

The-Explodey 27 August, 2014 @ 7:04 pm

@LichenX lol i was adding a bit of humour into a rather angry comment section, a_certain_mr and everyone esle that read my comment knew i was just having fun except you it seems. i could insult you back.. but i dont need to.

Totally agree with a_certain_mr. This trend needs to end.

a_certain_mr 28 August, 2014 @ 9:02 am

Where are you buying a pint of beer for over £5???

A 12 month subscription is £40 which works out at £3.33 a month

aimeraya 27 August, 2014 @ 4:04 pm   16

I really hate the recent updates of IGC collection…

KOSTASHKA 27 August, 2014 @ 4:04 pm   17

bad update

vivan000 27 August, 2014 @ 4:04 pm   18

TxK? It’s still broken, 2 trophies are unobtainable..

not unobtainable, just freakishly hard :/

vivan000 27 August, 2014 @ 4:49 pm

Pure is quite possible, several people completed it.
    They are glitched, it was confirmed by developers (and patch was promised, but then they run away).

ashton_philip 27 August, 2014 @ 4:05 pm   19

Only Velocity 2x excites me this month, is it cross-buy? At any rate not the best month for me but will try out the other titles don’t think they are quite my cup of tea though.

Not medicore, awful!!

Crazy_Vantage 27 August, 2014 @ 4:05 pm   21

Looking forward to Velocity2x, everyone I know who’s played it has been going crazy about it. TxK and Joe Danger are also appreciated given I just got a Vita. Still, can’t help but feel we’re not getting quite the same value we used to out of Plus.

Lance_87 27 August, 2014 @ 4:05 pm   22

What games are cross-buy this time? Just PSASBR or also Velocity?

SGTSTEELFACE 27 August, 2014 @ 4:11 pm

should be velocity 2X , PSASBR and Sports Friends

Lance_87 27 August, 2014 @ 4:21 pm

Weird, i’ve tried finding info about Sportsfriends but i could only find that PS4 edition does NOT support cross-buy with PS3… but it works the other way around (just like PSASBR)

Oh well, waiting for an official answer :P

SGTSTEELFACE 27 August, 2014 @ 4:25 pm

This was in the post “Best of all, you can pick this up on both PS3 and PS4″ (sportsfriends) i reckon it might be a special plus crossbuy thing like america got Dragons Crown for ps3 and ps vita even though it isnt crossbuy.

This is such a big dissapointment , this time i even have to comment that i never do ! Never buying ps+ subscription for one year NEVER !

Wow.. PS+ offerings are terrible, terrible..

Luc1ferous 27 August, 2014 @ 4:06 pm   25

Not gonna lie… This isn’t the best month of PS+

But! But i was going to buy Velocity, so that has saved me from that… Plus Joe Danger wl just serve to remind me i don’t have No Man’s Sky yet!

I3loodthirsty 27 August, 2014 @ 4:06 pm   26

Thank jebus destiny is out on the 9th to save us from another meh month ps4 ps+ update

AshesArise 27 August, 2014 @ 4:20 pm

Exactly, this service has gone to (MODERATED)

Welp, guess 10 million units of mandatory payment to have online make this guys see things veery diferently.

Velocity 2X is amazing been playing it for weeks but lets have it straight it’s a Vita game and it’s crossbuy so having it as one of the PS4 games is terrible!
Can’t wait for Joe Danger!
Not impressed with the rest though, Sportfriends!? REALLY? If I wasn’t already subbed until late 2015 I would probably cancel the service after this update and renew it when the good games start coming again.

Move along please, nothing to see here!

Another crap month, 2 months of LEGO and now this. TxK is really good but I already bought it for £3.50 in a sale, I have Joe Danger on PS3 and PC. Can we get the Vita Killzone on PS+ please?

I never isually dislike PS+ offerings but this is the worst month we have ever had. Guesd everyone will be full up with Destiny anyway.

Terrible month.. keep those games Sony

DavoTheDiv 27 August, 2014 @ 4:06 pm   32

I’ve never publicly complained about PS+, and I’ve been on it since the day it started. But this line up is complete (MODERATED)

deadfolk_ie 27 August, 2014 @ 4:06 pm   33

I take it, then, that PS Allstars BR is only the PS3 Version?

GazzaGSi 27 August, 2014 @ 4:18 pm

Try reading the article: “As an added bonus you can also pick up the PS Vita version to keep battling on the move.”

deadfolk_ie 27 August, 2014 @ 4:26 pm

Okay, just noticed this:
    ” As an added bonus you can also pick up the PS Vita version to keep battling on the move.”

johnnycide 27 August, 2014 @ 4:06 pm   34

Knew Velocity was coming and to be fair it looks pretty good. Looking forward to that. Sports friends though? Not for me. Not at all. Trying to flog a few more cameras eh? Ps all stars has been a long time coming but nothing on the Vita for me. Not the best update but could have been a lot worse!

Ok I have been one of the complainers the past few months but I am actually pleased with the games we’re getting this month. Velocity 2X is supposed to be great and the two Vita offerings are both fantastic games for on the go.

redmattuk 27 August, 2014 @ 4:07 pm   36

Happy about PS all stars.

Rest is not very good at first glance

lizziebear66 27 August, 2014 @ 4:07 pm   37

most months ive always been satisfied with the ps plus content ,,but gotta say this month is DIABOLICAL

SimpleSi08 27 August, 2014 @ 4:08 pm   38

That’s a real bad selection maybe the first month where not bother getting any of them…

Archacus 27 August, 2014 @ 4:08 pm   39

Huh :/

Velocity :/ I knew it, nothing suprising. Not interested, I have enough of their fawning over Shahid and Yoshida-san on twitter. Making them avatars, backgrounds, commenting every single post, defending them every time. Come on… sorry to say but those are pure bootlickers, when developer don’t respect themselves how can I respect them?

Ow well… last month I prolonged subscription by my own mistake (I was sure I turned off auto mode)

Other games… well… not for me. So again nothing…

SuperJag86 27 August, 2014 @ 4:21 pm

What so they can’t make anyone an avatar or talk to people about what they think of a game?

Porcupeth00 27 August, 2014 @ 4:34 pm

you shouldn’t respect yourself

James Marsden 27 August, 2014 @ 6:39 pm

We’ve got a great deal of respect for ourselves, thanks. We’ve created avatars as part of our low cost marketing campaign. Hope you enjoy the game!

theindieboy 27 August, 2014 @ 7:06 pm

They are an amazing company, and James and the rest of the company engage with fans of all sizes they have emailed me personally many times and I even have my name in the orginal Velocity (for reporting an issue). The orginal was an amazing games and one of the best games I have ever played. The fact Shahid and Yoshida (plus many others) have used the avitars only shows how well loved they are Archacus you really do not know what you are talking about, all i can say is give the game 30 mins of your time and if it is even half as good as the 1st you will likely be hooked. Side note James vita cross buy? and I will have to buy the soundtrack or a t shirt I have had so much amzing gaming from you for free (did buy surge day 1) feel guilty, keep up the amazing work and i am sure plenty of the people that have been unexcited by the game if they play it will be back on here singing it’s praises i can not wait till next week, thanks again.

Jesse-Blue 27 August, 2014 @ 8:38 pm

Wow, your view of the world is truly sad.
    FuturLab are just really nice, down to earth people and unlike studios like Crystal Dynamics are actually in touch with their fanbase!

Archacus 27 August, 2014 @ 9:00 pm

@James Marsden
    It seems to me that in the end your marketing campaign produced opposite effects.

I for once am disgusted by what you guys are doing. That’s my opinion and I have right to have it.

No your game is not the reason why PS4 is selling well.
    No your game will not be GOTY
    No I don’t like your fawning over Greg, Colin, PewDiePie or any other gaming site which will be reviewing your game. How am I to treat seriously reviews of your games? Huh?
    No I don’t like your fawning over Shahid, telling that Velocity wouldn’t exist without him… so what? That guy notoriously fails to bring anything other than indies. I like indies, but those are not enough to sell Vita or PS4.
    No -Beyond-,
    No -Indie games-

You really don’t see anything wrong in what you are doing? You and people like Zoe Quinn are the problem for the rest of us both gamers and indie developers. Because people later don’t know whether to believe in reviews and gaming sites or not. There is no place for journalistic objectivity when you do things like this.

And fawning over your employer? Guys we know that you will be earning on deal with SCE. After all you are not giving it to be part of IGC for free. That’s not how it works, right?

So sorry, right now I have feelings towards Futurlab similar to feelings over Phil Fish. He is also great game maker… maybe even genius… but after what he done and what he told us… I don’t feel like buying another game created by him.

And no it is not so called -hate-, I explained why I said all of that.

Good luck,
    cheers!

@James: after seeing your comments on PSN Blog users yesterday on twitter ill gladly skip your so-called GOTY.

G-IH-O-S-T 28 August, 2014 @ 5:20 pm

I’ve been seeing your comments for a while now (4 months?) and always thought you had issues, but I seriously never realized you were THIS bad.. I never realized anyone could be so cynical even in the internet where everything is over exaggerated ten folds.

I’ve seen my fair share of messed up crap and cynical people, but you seriously need help if you compare legitimately good people to other people with issues like the two you mentioned.

I’ve been following them as much as you did, and I have to confess.. I got annoyed when they gave a certain person too much attention that it was too obvious one of them was being used, but it wasn’t Futurelab using them.. it was the other way around and that’s because they’re being overly friendly to everyone around them (is that wrong?).. that’s also the reason you think they’re “fawning” over their employers and review sites. If you really can’t see that it’s ‘being friendly’, and really believe every personality should be a hard *** then you should seek some help.

You’re right, it’s not ‘hate’.. it’s trust issues and cynicism.

G-IH-O-S-T 30 August, 2014 @ 12:10 am

Actually if you read what I said you’d see that I never said that about her, and I actually backed you up on what you said about her and the other guy.. granted I didn’t specifically mention her name but that’s because it’s better not to and I don’t want to talk much about her.. that’s how much she makes me sick.

Anyway, any person with the slightest knowledge/experience of how company+consumer relationship works will realize at first glance that what you suggested is actually so unhealthy that having no campaign is much more profitable than doing it.. for various reasons too… I’m not sure why you thought it might be a good idea.

The thing you’re missing is, it’s not black and white.. you’re not either cynical or naive and nothing in between, but if you want to believe so because that makes you feel better about yourself then it’s up to you but that’s not going to help.. same for taking the victim stance when you were first to call out a bunch of people and say “they have no self respect” just because your views to the world tell you to look way too much into everything that people do.

This is the best month I’ve seen in a while. I was planning on buying Velocity 2X, but getting it for free makes it even better. Sportsfriends is also a title I wanted to pick up but now, I will be getting it for free. Although I already have PS All-Stars, it’s probably the best game of the whole list. It’s also Cross-buy and this will probably boost the online community by a lot. Don’t know much about Txk, Hoard and Joe Danger, but they seem like pretty good games.

Overall, really happy for this month. :D

Grimmy11 27 August, 2014 @ 4:09 pm   41

I seem to be in the minority but I think it’s a decent month, well at least for PS4/Vita. Velocity 2x will be great (hopefully cross-buy?), All-Stars Battle Royale and Joe Danger on vita will be fun too. The PS3 games certainly seem to have gone down in calibre though.

Velocity 2X – Amazing! I don’t like all of Futurlab’s games, but Velocity is awesome.
Sportsfriends – Great collection. But I fear that might result in negative reactions, considering that this bundles games that are pretty much the opposite of the AAA demand.
PlayStation Allstars Battle Royale: Blargh!
Hoard: Own and played it on Steam – not really my best purchase ever.
TxK: Awesome once more!
Joe Danger PS Vita: Ahem, no thanks. We already had 2 Joe Danger games, didn’t we?

Summarized: Velocity 2X and TxK are great. So is Sportsfriends, if you are into such games.
The rest is just bland, old or “more of the same” though. And Plus is getting worse and worse for gamer who want bigger titles. For September one can’t claim even the slightest balance.

Oh and naturally there still aren’t any RPGs in sight. And why should they? Just another fighting game please, who cares about polls anyway?

Rating: D-

Agree with pretty much everything you said, Velocity 2X looks amazing, I own TxK and I can honestly say its a mind blowing game. Hopefully people will try it out and realise that for themselves, there’s nothing else quite like it. Sportsfriends is supposed to be one of the most fun and addictive couch multiplayer/party games at the moment but havent tried it myself… rest is uninspiring but oh well my subscription is £3.33 a month which is good value considering Velocity 2X will cost more than that on its own and i was going to buy it anyway. Driveclub next month :)

counterUAVbaby 29 August, 2014 @ 8:10 am

@RTLF Driveclud the demo next month :)

mihey911 27 August, 2014 @ 4:09 pm   43

It’s time to leave service. Even not finished ps3 games can’t help

Matthew_Saul 27 August, 2014 @ 4:09 pm   44

How can anybody complain about this month! Velocity 2X will be up there in the GOTY contenders and you’re getting it for free!!! Ungrateful really isn’t the word!

ichigo2513 27 August, 2014 @ 4:12 pm

looks like a cross between a metroid game (cos the lead char looks like her too) and some Gradius type game wouldnt say it would be anywhere near GOTY or being a contender

The first one did really well didn’t it? It may look like those games but as far as I know it evolves the concept, teleporting is a big feature. I don’t know a lot about it but I try to judge it on more than just screenshots.

SuperJag86 27 August, 2014 @ 4:23 pm

Wait til you play it first before you decide. A GOTY contender doesn’t have to be a triple A to be worthy.

pinkyzord 27 August, 2014 @ 4:23 pm

are u kidding me? look at the list of september 2013

Entering PS Plus this month:

28th August: Assassin’s Creed 3
    28th August: The Jak and Daxter Trilogy
    28th August: Stealth Inc: A Clone In The Dark
    28th August: Urban Trial Freestyle
    28th August: New Little King’s Story

this is a good month, not like the last two months that are full of (MODERATED)

So what? I also love Velocity. And I even like TxK and maybe even Sportsfriends. Still when I put all parts together, I must come to the conclusion that this service is getting more and more disappointing. There are still some highlights, but those are entirely indie titles. They don’t even try anymore, to balance the service between AAA and indie.

Porcupeth00 27 August, 2014 @ 4:33 pm

@pinkyzord Velocity is better than all of those games

Stonesthrow 27 August, 2014 @ 4:35 pm

Just because you like it doesn’t mean everyone else will -_-

BATTENBERG91 28 August, 2014 @ 12:47 am

I’m grateful for things that are of value to me. This service is no longer one of those things. Maybe you’re happy with what you’re getting, good for you, hope you continue to feel that way. However don’t presume some moral high ground over the people who are voicing their dissatisfaction with what they’re getting under some false sense that Sony are doing us a favour rather than trying toake money off of us.

Don’t forget these games aren’t actually free. You have to pay £40 to get them in the first place and another £40 for every year you continue to want to use them. Plus you have to buy the console (s) necessary at no small cost and that money goes to the same people providing Plus.

Then add in the fact that a lot of current Plus users signed up under what essentially amounts to false pretences given that Sony have changed the entire way the system works. AND the fact that the communication with customers, particularly on this blog, has been appalling and showed that SCEE don’t care about customer satisfaction one iota when the money’s rolling in.

Take all that into account and then tell the people presented with yet another month of games they don’t want (but still have to pay for) that they’re being ungrateful.

WearingFin 27 August, 2014 @ 4:10 pm   45

Is Playstation All Stars cross-buy? If so, then another good month for Vita owners with Velocity 2X as well. These will have to go to the backlog though, i strongly suspect Destiny will take over from Diablo 3 in taking over my life in September.

WearingFin 27 August, 2014 @ 4:11 pm

Nevermind, too much time spent in front of a screen today, i can’t read that it was cross-buy

furryhawk 27 August, 2014 @ 4:10 pm   46

Lol @ all of the Olivers.

nero-2082 27 August, 2014 @ 4:10 pm   47

that’s it I’m done with PS+

seriously considering selling PS4 for Xbox One, because I don’t think PS+ offer will ever improve, it has become a joke offer right now, and MS got their GWG and it looks infinitely better to what you’re offering

arrogant Sony is back, forgetting about their customers

PoisonRemedy89 27 August, 2014 @ 4:13 pm

@ner-2082 are you high or something what do you want to get for the ps4 AAA games there are hardly a few atm stupid kinds they can’t appreciate anything, this months game look really good i;m looking forward to play them

redmattuk 27 August, 2014 @ 4:21 pm

I got Xbox one, currently playing Titanfall, looking forward to Halo Master Cheif collection!

Don’t think I will ever regret my purchase

Daplayer2k7 27 August, 2014 @ 4:26 pm

How does being unable to give you “better” games make them, arrogant?
    That makes no sense. You might be a customer but you can’t always get what you want neither does it make you right. If there is anyone that is arrogant it’s all the people who are literally complaining about getting 60+ games per year for £40 that costs more than £600-800 in total; sure the games are not to EVERYONE liking but the service isn’t always about getting what you want,variety is GOOD even if its not to your liking (standards)
    I’m not bashing you I just fail to see how it’s arrogant.

counterUAVbaby 27 August, 2014 @ 4:29 pm

@redmattuk Just what you said and looking forward at Xbox One’s launch here.

redmattuk 27 August, 2014 @ 4:36 pm

@CounterUAV – you won’t be disappointed.

Titanfall is easy to get into as a late player.

Not had a single iota of connection or performance issue with it in about 15 hrs gameplay so I’m v happy with it

SuperJag86 27 August, 2014 @ 4:41 pm

If you’re having fun on your Xbox or PC or whatever that’s great. I love PC gaming too but I don’t feel the need to brag about that here.

andrewsqual 27 August, 2014 @ 4:55 pm

Haha so what you are saying is that Xbox has been completely worthless before games with gold came about in August 2013 then (because in case you don’t understand what you are saying, it is the free games that you get with your console subscription that makes or breaks your ownership of a console)?
    Right so if you go with Xbox right now you can enjoy a backlog of €4000 of games to play from the last 4 years with games for gold? No you can’t. How does that even compare to PS Plus? Did I miss something or is Xbone getting GTA V in its games for gold on 1st sep, months before its retail release? No? Then what?

If you think PS+ is as bad as GWG, then you are absolutely mental.

counterUAVbaby 27 August, 2014 @ 5:31 pm

@redmattuk Thank you mate for making it easier for me :)

Erm Nero maybe have a look at this: http://www.listwar.com/ps-plus-vs-gold/

Go ahead, and watch how many games you are offered with Xbox One.

counterUAVbaby 28 August, 2014 @ 10:59 am

@Augurae Better at least than this garbage.

You’re the only joke around here, service is freakin’ 4 euros/month. Anyway, what are you waiting for? Whining on a blog isn’t going to change anything. Do yourself and community a favor and sell your PS4 to someone with common sense. Pozdrawiam!

ichigo2513 27 August, 2014 @ 4:10 pm   48

MEH!!! if it wasnt the fact i have to have my PsPlus for Destiny i wouldn’t bother renewing this is sooooo disgracful

Manistra 27 August, 2014 @ 4:10 pm   49

Horrible, horrible games. My subscription runs for 3 more months and unless things change by then, I will not be renewing the subscription.

KomrathDE 27 August, 2014 @ 5:02 pm

Good, we don’t need whiners here ;-)

Igoreshkinn 28 August, 2014 @ 8:53 am

Same Here. I don’t see any reasons to renewing subscription.

your_dj667 1 September, 2014 @ 2:41 am

same here, I’m a ps3 user and have it off from july, still wait a good game to renew it. August was bad (already had crysis) and Septmeber actually suck :(

Velocity 2X and Joe Danger on Vita on PS+ from day one?! Yes, please! Thanks :D