Posted 28 August

Run ‘n’ gun classic Metal Slug 3 takes aim at PS3, PS4 and PS Vita

Fondly remembered NEOGEO side-scroller to get new lease of life

So we know many of you have been anxiously awaiting more NEOGEO content on PlayStation Store for quite some time. With that in mind, SNK PLAYMORE is very pleased to announce today that, together with SCEA Third Party Productions, Metal Slug 3 is heading to multiple Sony PlayStation devices – PS Vita, PS4 and PS3 – this Winter.

This masterpiece in SNK’s emblematic 2D run & gun action shooting game series still continues to fascinate millions of fans worldwide to this day for its simple yet intuitive controls, refined game balance and game volume, branching paths, and intricate dot-pixel graphics.

In aiming for some of the highest-level quality of NEOGEO emulation seen on PSN yet, coupled with a set of online features the PlayStation userbase and fans of the series truly deserve, we look forward to releasing the most highly revered title in the Metal Slug series together with Sony in the coming months.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank our fans for their hunger for more content on PSN, and kind patience as well.

More details in regards to specific game features will be announced in the coming months.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

29 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Silent_Gig 28 August, 2014 @ 7:09 pm   1

Beautiful.. just.. just beautiful!
Please more Neogeo vita compatable content please!

^^this with bells and whistles on. Neogeo has an amazing collection of games which would run perfect on the Vita;

Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
    Garou; Mark of the Wolves
    All the Metal Slugs
    KoF XIII
    Samurai Showdown Collection
    Windjammers, Neo Turf Masters, Last Blade 2, Blazing Star, Baseball Star 2, Shock Troopers, Waku Waku 7, Top Hunter!

God I’m nerding out right now…

zalwelgoedgaan 28 August, 2014 @ 7:14 pm   2

Quoting self from the US Blog:

=======================================

Hey, SNK, here are some steps for you:

1 – Put Metal Slug Defense on Vita
2 – Get money
3 – Go on a date with Capcom and Sony
4 – Say sweet things to them
5 – Capcom vs SNK 3 on PlayStation 4

You’re welcome.

Signed,

- fighting game fans around the world

=======================================

Will this version of Metal Slug 3 be uncensored, at least? Blood/death animations/unlimited credits/cannon fix etc?

Abrelatas- 31 August, 2014 @ 7:46 pm

I think SNK did SNK vs Capcom not Capcom vs SNK (who was Capcom); so if they realese a game i think would be SNK vs Capcom.

SNK vs Capcom SVC Chaos was released; Street Fighter in the style of SNK, was great too :)

ummagummachild 28 August, 2014 @ 7:19 pm   3

My fingers r craving to play this game.lett it roll.

Hopefully this and the Megaman games have trophies. Cannot wait for these on my Vita!!

Franzkill 28 August, 2014 @ 9:30 pm   5

Alright Adam heres the deal. I will do ANYTHING for you if you give us Capcom VS SNK 3! Deal?

Awesome.
Questions: is this the arcade, PS2 or Steam version?

Giant enemy crabs on my Vita! :D

Lostmuppet 28 August, 2014 @ 10:33 pm   8

Better have free play option, that PS3 Neo Geo emulation unfortunately lacked.

This will kill the buttons on my Vita :D

I LOVE Retro games :P I hope there will be loads for the PS4 in the future really(& original versions to)

crazysztof 29 August, 2014 @ 3:49 am   11

Would love to get Metal Slug Trilogy HD for PS4
MS 1, 2 & 3, with trophies, online co-op & rankings…

And yeah, Capcom vs SNK 3 would be badass!

Deicides 29 August, 2014 @ 7:22 am   12

Hopefully this is a start toward more Neogeo!

ferenzzz1971 29 August, 2014 @ 9:52 am   13

Why not bring the whole Metal Slug series starting from part 1?

TheNarrator 29 August, 2014 @ 10:03 am   14

woo, Metal Slug is always awesome, will totally be getting in on this action 8D. spent many a-time in arcades playing them 8). was a bit disappointed that Mercenary Kings wasnt Metal Sluggy enough, so its cool to hear theyre coming on PS4 :D

What, no screenshot?

Suzzopher 29 August, 2014 @ 10:14 am   16

Excellent news! Hopefully this means we’ll get King of Fighters’98 and Garou: Mark of the Wolves on PS4 in the future :D

RockZero7 29 August, 2014 @ 11:21 am   17

This gotta do nothing with Metal Slug 3, but i need support from users of Playstation forums.
We are trying to get Oreshika in retail/physical in the west, like what was done with Freedom Wars.

Could we get support, please? Yesterday, we arrived at 500 signatures goal! ^___^
Thanks everyone, we need your love with PSVita.

There is also somewhere second petition for retail Oreshika, but it has far less singatures.

We really need some nice web where we would be able to check all actual petitions.

Anyway it would be better to give link in weekly thread. I was planning to ask for any news about it this week. I’m kinda iritated that it is marked as digital only for Europe. So yeah, if only we would hear official voice about it… we would be able to build whole campaign just like in case of Freedom Wars.

tromendus82 29 August, 2014 @ 11:30 am   18

Hopefully they put capcom vs snk on the ps vita and ps4!!!

brianmini 29 August, 2014 @ 1:43 pm   19

OMG @SNK you’ve just made my PS Vita a worthwhile purchase, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Metal Slug games. I actually have the PSP game on my Vita but a full integrated “proper” release, with Trophies (pretty please) would make my gaming near complete.

ChAoShAiOnEi 29 August, 2014 @ 7:32 pm   20

I sure hope this won’t be like the [deleted] port of metal slug 2 on ps3. Horrible framerate and slowdowns. Don’t even get me started on the network issues.

HomessaHomem 30 August, 2014 @ 11:04 am   21

GREAT NEWS!

Abrelatas- 31 August, 2014 @ 7:50 pm   22

Hope it include the “oldie/normal” version of the game.

PiccoroDaimaoh 1 September, 2014 @ 10:56 am   23

This is cool.
I never understood why SNK stopped releasing Neo Geo Station games in the first place…

anderson-o-fera 1 September, 2014 @ 9:26 pm   24

tem que ter toda a coleçao da snk ai vai ficar muito show