Posted 3:00pm

New on PlayStation Store: Velocity 2X, Don’t Starve PS Vita, Danganronpa 2, more

And don’t forget the September PS Plus refresh goes live today!

First up this week, Velocity 2X is the visually dazzling, action-packed sequel to Velocity Ultra, featuring amazing puzzle-platforming action alongside award-winning shooter gameplay! No longer are you confined to your ship, as now you can continue the fight on foot. Velocity 2X is available today on PS4 and PS Vita and best of all, included in PS Plus for September.

Next, what better way to start the new school year than with Danganronpa 2? Monokuma returns and once again you must use your wits to investigate various murders, gather evidence and make your case in trial. What has Monokuma got planned this time?

If, like me you haven’t played the first game (yet!), or better yet, are itching to nab it, we’ve got you covered. One of this week’s deals of the week is indeed Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, so grab it at a discount and get up to speed in this murder mystery game.

Rounding off the week, there’s the rest of the September wave of PS Plus content to dive into, Don’t Starve: Giant Edition on PS Vita, The Golf Club on PS4 and more discounts, including a 10th Anniversary promotion for Rising Star games. Happy gaming.

PlayStation Plus

Velocity 2X (PS4/PS Vita) – 100% off

Sportsfriends (PS4/PS3) – 100% off

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3/PS Vita) – 100% off

Hoard (PS3) – 100% off

TxK (PS Vita) – 100% off

Joe Danger (PS Vita) – 100% off

PlayStation 4

EP4433-CUSA00265_00-MINECRAFTPS40000_en_THUMBIMG

Minecraft PS4 Edition (UPGRADE) – £3.69/€3.99/$5.95

EP4433-CUSA00265_00-MINECRAFTPS40000_en_THUMBIMG

Minecraft PS4 Edition – £12.99/€18.99/$19.75

EP4502-CUSA00904_00-THEGOLFCLUBHBSTU_en_THUMBIMG

The Golf Club (£28.99/€34.99/AU$52.95)

EP4143-CUSA00071_00-FUTURLABV2XPRE00_en_THUMBIMG

Velocity 2X (Cross-Buy PS4/Vita) (£12.99/€15.99/AU$23.95)

PS Vita

EP1063-PCSB00514_00-DANGANRONPA2EU01_en_THUMBIMG

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (£34.99/€39.99/AU$54.95)

EP1063-PCSB00455_00-DISGAEA4R0000000_en_THUMBIMG

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (£34.99/€39.99/AU$54.95)

EP2107-PCSB00551_00-DONTSTARVE000000_en_THUMBIMG

Don’t Starve: Giant Edition (£11.49/€13.99/AU$20.95)

EP2034-PCSB00475_00-JOEDANGER1VITA01_en_THUMBIMG

Joe Danger (£6.49/€7.99/AU$11.95)

EP4143-CUSA00071_00-FUTURLABV2XPRE00_en_THUMBIMG

Velocity 2X (£12.99/€15.99/AU$23.95)

EP2026-PCSB00469_00-TWDS20000000DLC5_en_THUMBIMG

The Walking Dead: Season 2, Ep. 5, No Going Back (£3.99/€4.99/AU$7.55)

PS4 DLC

Call of Duty: Ghosts – Nemesis (available from 4th September) (£11.59/€14.49/AU$19.95)

The Last of Us Remastered

Velocity 2X (Cross-Buy PS4/Vita)

PS3 DLC

GRID Autosport

LittleBigPlanet 2 (Cross-Buy)

One Piece Unlimited World Red

Not available in South Africa, India

Rocksmith 2014

Tales of Xillia 2

The Last of Us

PS Vita DLC

Muramasa Rebirth – Genroku Legends – Hell’s Where the Heart Is (£3.29/€3.99/AU$5.95)

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita (Cross-Buy)

PlayStation Pets

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment

Velocity 2X (Cross-Buy PS4/Vita)

Deals of the week

Blue Estate (PS4) – Was £15.99/€19.99/AU$29.95, now £9.99/€12.99/AU$19.45

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita) – Was £34.99/€39.99/AU$54.95, now £19.99/€24.99/AU$32.95

GRID: Autosport (PS3) – Was £39.99/€59.99/AU$89.95, now £24.99/€34.99/AU$44.95

Zombie Driver HD (PS3) – Was £7.99/€9.99/AU$14.95, now £3.99/€4.99/AU$7.55

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

202 Comments 5 Author replies
Show oldest first

I3loodthirsty 3 September, 2014 @ 3:01 pm   1

Hi jawad just a quick question re: destiny, do you know when/if we will be able to pre download the game? Just wondering as iv heard xbone has been able to pre download it for nearly a week now yet we are still waiting for a date.

Assassin-_-MerKz 3 September, 2014 @ 3:07 pm

I read it was the 7th

I3loodthirsty 3 September, 2014 @ 6:06 pm

I was just going to ask fred on twitter about the pre download but someone already asked and fred’s reply was “we dont have any information at this time”.iv got a gut feeling it’s going to end up like the watch dogs pre order mess

sandystrachan 3 September, 2014 @ 3:02 pm   2

So no minecraft PS4 then . tsk tsk PSfrance for the false leak

Insert obligatory where’s minecraft comment here

Nice. But no Minecraft for PS4 this week?

andrewsqual 3 September, 2014 @ 3:03 pm   5

How is The Golf Club? Will there be an update out for that soon as I hear there is slow down problems with it. It most certainly fills the void before a new Tiger Woods game is released and the newly announced Everybody’s Golf game for PS4.

I got it from the US Store on its release last week – I’ve had very few problems (if any) with it, and would recommend it to any sports fan, not just golf. Word of warning though, it is much closer to the real game of golf than Tiger Woods ever has been, so if you’re not keen on that then steer clear, You’re not likely to be shooting many 20 under par rounds on TGC.

andrewsqual 3 September, 2014 @ 6:03 pm

Sounds great, I’m not a big fan of Tiger Woods anyway, (I never believed in the thumbstick thing at all, it feels so random and then you automatically get a chip in eagle without even trying and think “Wut??????”). This sounds good though, thanks. :)

If you don’t mind having masterpiece as a digital only pick up Danganronpa 1+2

But still probably better to pick it up with nice retail edition so your children and grandchildren will be able to play it :D Best game this month, period!

*digital not digital only
    There is nice retail thanks to NISA – The King of Europe

X_Blood_Curse_X 3 September, 2014 @ 3:07 pm

“But still probably better to pick it up with nice retail edition so your children and grandchildren will be able to play it ”

Lol that’s a funny image.

“Gather round kids, lets sit by the fire and let me tell you about an old game called Danganronpa…”

@X_Blood_Curse_X
    Great games are like great movies or great books :D

Don’t you hold your books collection to give your own kids when they will grow up? Well I had bunch of fables books from my mother, and I loved them! And I know I will also read them to my own kids!

With games it is kinda similar thing, I mean sure some of them are just like pop-art, you experience it and forget it as soon as you cen…but there are also games which you will remember whole your life, right? :)

And if you liked them… why don’t you share those with your own kids :)

Triforce-1976 3 September, 2014 @ 3:03 pm   7

No minecraft :( And still no The last thinker for almost all EU.

No Minecraft today?

It’d be wise to tread carefully if/when Minecraft finally does get released. It already failed Sony Certification once – and given the number of broken/unplayable games that *Passed* that process, it must be a real mess.

andrewsqual 4 September, 2014 @ 12:11 am

Its out now, check the PS Store on your PS4s :)

Assassin-_-MerKz 3 September, 2014 @ 3:03 pm   9

No Minecraft :-(

mitchbel1996 3 September, 2014 @ 3:03 pm   10

No Minecraft PS4 :’(
Thank you PlayStation France!

Faustofausto 3 September, 2014 @ 3:04 pm   11

Japanease Vita owners get 250 free PSP game, what about the european Vita gamers?!

X_Blood_Curse_X 3 September, 2014 @ 3:04 pm   12

Danganronpa sale :

US $20
EU/UK £20

I bought the game physical on release, so I’m not that bothered. But it’s a slap in the face for people who were waiting for a sale

Great week for Vita :)

Andrefpvs 3 September, 2014 @ 3:04 pm   14

Thank you for the Danganronpa sale!

It’s a shame that the sale price is €24.99 while in the US it was on sale for $19.99 last week :(

Can you confirm if that’s really the final price, Jawad? Thanks.

Shadowdragoon 3 September, 2014 @ 3:05 pm   15

Following titles getting on the SEN store?
Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone Complex
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleap (yes I know of 2.5 hd remake, but thats

not playable on portable device is it? ;) )
PoPoLoCrois
Tales of Eternia
Tales of the World Radiant Mythology
Thrillville
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth

(just for fun, and to see the resonses by some of the comenters)
And by the way, where is the way to sell our used digital games. that

we have a LEGAL . right to according to EU courts?
rules-resale-of-used-software-licenses-is-legal—-even-online.html

Any new information on Cross Region Gifting.
Like steam have had for years.
I do mean gifts would have to be purchased as gift. (not transfearal of
used). Kind of like how I can order a physical version from US and use
it, I want o be able to buy a digital version (or DLC) on a american
account and gift it to my main account as to not have to logg different
acounts to manage my games.. Or to send gifts to a friend, or recive
gifts from a friend.

Oh, and to anyone complaining about me reposting, if they would just
take time to reply, something like: We have brougt your suggestions to
the correct people/departments. Id shut up (about the things in the
post) for atleast a few months.

Mr_Writer 3 September, 2014 @ 3:09 pm

No one other than you cares.

HTH

I care. But I know that what he’s asking for is unlikely…

those 3 psp games are never going to happen.
    they where never released digitally, and sony can’t release them digitally now without permission from the developers.
    and the developers can’t give their permission without the permission of every artist whose work is in those games.

You may have a legal right to sell used software licenses, but Sony don’t have a legal obligation to provide you with a means to do so.

You should be more concerned that Sony can legally sell digital software that doesn’t work and refuse to provide refunds for it.

pinkplaybunny 3 September, 2014 @ 3:05 pm   16

Yay! i’ve been waiting for Danganronpa to be on sale!!

ReggieMcMuffin 3 September, 2014 @ 3:05 pm   17

Where is Minecraft ?

Noooooo, why did you lie to me playstation France :’(

Anyway going to download my plus games and enjoy them :D
My wallet is actually dying this month but at £8 I have to by sorcery saga :P

Nooooooo. Where’s my Minecraft PS4 edition?

Assassin-_-MerKz 3 September, 2014 @ 3:05 pm   20

Wow xbox has a release date for Minecraft we dont…….

SERGEANT-Q6R 3 September, 2014 @ 3:06 pm   21

Minecraft ?! :(

Alphaembryo 3 September, 2014 @ 3:07 pm   22

@Jawad Ashraf
Are we to expect more sales today than the ones shown already?

AlexTheStampede 3 September, 2014 @ 3:13 pm

Is this a question about Second Son sale, like the US store? Because I’d like to see that one, to be honest.

Alphaembryo 3 September, 2014 @ 3:21 pm

It is a general question, really. Its the first Wednesday of the month, and ”traditionally” we have a big sale. Are we to expect something like that @Jawad Ashraf?

EternalChaos72 3 September, 2014 @ 3:08 pm   23

Hey jawad, you know what im gonna ask here but is there any avatars for this week?

A_Swaggy_Mexican 3 September, 2014 @ 3:09 pm   24

Minecraft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dominater444 3 September, 2014 @ 3:09 pm   25

Where is Minecraft?! Stupid French people…. Leaking a game that isnt coming … at least give us a launch window u know?

zalwelgoedgaan 3 September, 2014 @ 3:32 pm

If they do give us a launch window, it’ll be bigger than those seen in an airport.

No minecraft :( is it out Friday instead or does the xbox get it first?

supersmith2500 3 September, 2014 @ 3:09 pm   27

Hey Jawad, do you have any news if Capcom got any plans to bring Mega Man X4 & X5 and also Dino Crisis to European PSN stores? I heard the US got them yesterday and I really wanted to play them and finding these games for my real PS1 console are so hard to find even prices on ebay rocket sky high prices them. I tried tweeting Capcom regarding about the games but they are not replying back regarding any news for European launch. A response would be lovely.

And I’ll grab the free DLC for my Sword Art Online quest later on, great update but disappointed the Mega Man X games didn’t get a European release. If Nintendo can release them fine so why can’t Sony? :\

EternalChaos72 4 September, 2014 @ 2:16 pm

Getting a response outta capcom is like taking blood from a stone. I tweet to them all the time but no answer.

Btw. Mr. Jawad I know that it’s not your job but maybe you are aware about will there be any news about Oreshika anytime soon?

Game is marked as digital only on official site :/ (bad news)… and yet there wasn’t even single info about that game on PS Blog :/

If you don’t know anything about it, you don’t need to check it up… I know that you have other things to do… so yeah if you know anything it would be great, but if you don’t know than it is also fine.

P.S. I will be quite angry if SCEE will try to write first news about Oreshika one month before release, saying that it will be digital only and there is nothing that can be done, because it is too late :(

I’d guess oreshika would be coming quite soon. It’s was annouced alongside SS: Delta and freedom wars in an April blog post (link below). I can’t wait for the launch too :P really hope they change their minds and make it physical like they did with freedom wars

@iky_g
    My guess is Q1 2015 or December 2014

After all it was released in JP as the last game from those 3. But like I told there wasn’t even single info about Oreshika on Blog… just “hey it will come with 2 other games”

Yeah retail for that great game is must have for it…

@Archacus
    To be fair there wasn’t much news about SS: delta until closer to launch. Same with freedom wars. If it does launch in December it would make a great Christmas present :P
    If it does turn out to be digital and is a 3gb download I’ll probably wait for a price drop :/

@iky_g
    If it will digital only I will simply avoid it. It might be good, but I’m not supporting game not supported by own publisher.

It’s too big game for digital only, I’d rather use my free space for PSX, PSP, Indies rather than big games.
    (person who like to have big number of bubbles :P)

Bjornvrancken 3 September, 2014 @ 3:12 pm   29

See this is how you do DLC, Sword Art Online. 20 new dlc articles, and all of them free. (I’m looking at you Tales of Xillia)

supersmith2500 3 September, 2014 @ 3:15 pm

Actually, both SAO and Tales of Xillia are both developed by Bandai Namco in case you didn’t know.

Jamie-Pilcher 3 September, 2014 @ 3:12 pm   30

Even the Developer of Minecraft teased a “Surprise for sony guys”…. sigh

\o/ Danganropa discount!!! Fair play.

supersmith2500 3 September, 2014 @ 3:13 pm   32

Oh and still any news on Mutant Mudds Deluxe and 1001 Spikes?

Assassin-_-MerKz 3 September, 2014 @ 3:16 pm   33

Woah cmon someone posted Minecraft ps4 screenshot saying almost there

Graffin_G 3 September, 2014 @ 3:17 pm   34

Jawad, will last week’s Rocksmith 2014 DLC be correctly priced this week?

It was listed as $17.95 in Australia (the price is incorrect on the EU and UK Stores as well). The Bachsmith Pack is a 5 pack of instrumental songs being sold for a discounted price. It’s $4.99 on the US PSN Store. It’s $6.65 on the Australian XBOX Marketplace. Are we SCEE users expected to pay 3x more for the same content???

The developer (UbiSoft) is aware of the pricing error on its forums, I hope SCEE does the right thing and adjusts it this week, also refunding those who paid the incorrect price for it.

Hi jawad, could you please confirm if Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate will be on the store on friday? I read it was to be released digital, if so could you also give a price.
Thanks.

ten-bucks 3 September, 2014 @ 3:18 pm   38

shameful ‘discount’ on danganripyouoff. see sorcery saga curse of curry god for under £9. rising star more deserving of my money.

So much Vita love today for free via PS+, including 3 new releases! Joe Danger, Don’t Starve, Velocity 2X, TxK, PSASBR – incredible!

MoistGeorge 3 September, 2014 @ 3:22 pm   40

Velocity 2X BRING IT!

Also, minecraft is bound to come out one of these days. Just enjoy the great plus titels this month for now

A_Nonny_Moose 3 September, 2014 @ 3:22 pm   41

Can I ask what the hell SCEE is doing with DOA5U DLC?

Jawad Ashraf 3 September, 2014 @ 3:32 pm

Some is out this week, it just tends to be a slightly more complicated affair to set up in this part of the world.

A_Nonny_Moose 3 September, 2014 @ 4:07 pm

Well thank you for the reply at least. But it seems like it’s more than “slightly” complicated since there’s still bundles missing that were supposed to be added over a month ago.

Makes you wonder what part of the World Jawad works, must be Antarctica or somewhere similar. Maybe hire some capable people instead?

Yes, we are missing the costume bundle for Nyotengu, as well as the bundle for the Bed & Bath costumes (which we should have got weeks ago). Are we ever going to get these? I’d really rather not buy them all individually.

Majere613 4 September, 2014 @ 1:52 pm

Let’s add to that the ‘Summer Sale’ which still hasn’t happened for the DOA5U DLC despite it now being September. This is starting to drive people to a certain ‘other’ platform which seems to have no difficulty in updating things on the correct date.
    It’s rank, repeated incompetence with no apology or compensation, and we’re getting more than a little tired of it.

xiuyinghong 4 September, 2014 @ 2:31 pm

I agree that it’s nice to at least get a response to someone highlighting the failure after failure to get the DOA5U DLC up correctly.

However (and in general I’m a patient and not a vindictive person) it really is not acceptable. What is it exactly that makes it difficult to upload a few pieces of costume DLC on time every few weeks?

The game is also available on Xbox 360 and there has NEVER been an issue with the DLC being available on that platform on time.

It wouldn’t be such a major issue if it really was just a case of the odd piece of DLC not being present and then being resolved the very next week. But the thing that worries me most is the fact that some stuff seems to just get forgotten forever. Kasumi has a Warriors Orochi costume which is not available for purchase outside of the bundle. These outfits were released about 9 months ago and yet this has never been rectified.

Tecmo Koei publicised a “Summer DLC Sale” 4 or 5 weeks ago. Everything went live on time on the North American PSN, and on NA and European Xbox Live, however on European PSN, the titles of 2 (of about 5 or 6 of the on-sale) DLC packs were changed to “Summer Sale xyz pack” and yet THE PRICES REMAINED THE ORIGINAL, NON-SALE prices. No failure or wrongdoing was ever acknowledged by SCEE, only the poor Tecmo Koei customer relations Twitter account apologising on SCEE’s behalf and telling us “we are working with SCEE to resolve”. Guys… seriously, how hard is it to upload a few bits of DLC correctly? Can you tell us what these “extra difficulties” are which SCEE encounter when trying to provide DOA5U DLC on time?

You do realise your incompetence is costing not only yourselves, but also Tecmo Koei, money? I am surprised they haven’t threatened SCEE with legal action over these repeated failures.

Is it a case of the people uploading the DLC not being familiar with the game and therefore getting confused over what they’re supposed to be uploading? If so, give me a job, I will come and do it for you, without error.

I’ve tried to stay calm when writing this post and hope that it will therefore be treated with the respect it deserves and dignified with a response. This js an issue that is affecting all European DOA fans and I find it totally unacceptable. I really hope you guys can massively improve your performace in this area. Thanks for reading.

Mike

If it only was DoA DLC but there has been so many DLC been missing / been delayed, or even complete games. Besides that, almost every week something goes wrong with updating the store ( pricing, discounts, missing content etc. ). Makes me wonder whats needed to get a capable team for the Store, cause theres a limit on mistakes my boss would allow me to make.

I wouldnt hold my breath for an answer, and if you even get 1, its gonna be a pretty useless 1. But seeing the overload on replies lately i just dont expect 1.

Emperor_Mordred 3 September, 2014 @ 3:23 pm   42

I’m playing Velocity 2X at the moment, it’s great!

5 free games for the vita (if you have don’t starve for PS4 in your download list). I might actually be able to resist buying Disgaea 4 for a week and hold out for physical copy.

hitman_stephen 3 September, 2014 @ 4:55 pm

Yeh think i may hold out for physical copy too, i’ve got 50gb+ of Vita compatible stuff now, have to keep deleting unfinished / unplayed games on my 32gb card :(
    Moving on, loved Disgaea 3, Disgaea 4 demo was awesome, highly recommend both.

Assassin-_-MerKz 3 September, 2014 @ 3:26 pm   44

No Minecraft ps4 i cry everytime

Porcupeth00 3 September, 2014 @ 3:26 pm   45

loving the heck out of Velocity 2X

where’s Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate btw?

Hi jawad , 2 quick questions

1 – i have the ps4 version of dont starve(thanks to plus) will i have the vita for free??

2 – japanese plus vita users will have around 250 PSP titles for free , what are the chances of that also happenning in europe??

Thanks

Pedro

1- Yes! It asks money but when I put it in basket, it went free.Plays so well in Vita.
    2- Maybe i am mistaken here, but i read somewhere that there are not free, just a translation error that went viral. What really happens is that they get free games if only they have the UMD of them, which is still good imo.

SuperJag86 3 September, 2014 @ 3:42 pm

@noo26
    We don’t have the UMD passport scheme over here unfortunately so this won’t happen.
    A shame though as I had loads of PSP games!

Flying_Pig 3 September, 2014 @ 3:27 pm   47

Velocity 2X is brilliant – I feel so guilty for getting it for nothing, that I’ve bought the DLC. And a T-Shirt off the FuturLab webstore :)

onlineatron 3 September, 2014 @ 3:27 pm   48

thanks for being prompt with these updates lately, guys! although i’d still love if they went ahead in the am or, even better, on tuesday like the america’s update :)

There should be a metacritic score for deals of the week as well, just like with PS Plus candidate games. Blue Estate has something like 40 points on metacritic, sigh.

Danterikxx 3 September, 2014 @ 3:29 pm   50

Jawad,

Will Prototype 2, killer is dead, or Valiant hearts(ps4) be on sale next week?

Load all