Posted on 21 December by James Parker – Designer, FluffyLogic
What’s not to like? Eat Them! gives gamers the chance to create and bring to life colossal monsters in order to flatten entire cities and feast on their inhabitants. Always dreamed of laying waste to downtown? Here’s your chance.
If you’re still not convinced, wrap your destructive side around some of the game’s features::
- The Monster Lab. We want you to be able to piece together the apocalyptic creature of your worst nightmares, and the Monster Lab gives you access to a huge selection of monster parts including a full arsenal of excessively powerful weapons. This gives you the power to play mad scientist to your heart’s content, designing creatures tailor made to handle the variety of mission on offer in the game. If you were so inclined the Monster Lab would allow you to create over five million unique monsters – you certainly shouldn’t run out of ideas any time soon.
- Challenging Missions. Whether you get your kicks from maximum destruction, or prefer to face endless waves of opposition in a bid to survive as long as possible, we’ve got the game style for you. Survival, assassination, racing and pure unadulterated destruction are readily available in Eat Them! tying together the story that is as big as the monster you’re controlling. Ever wondered what it’s like to rob a bank using a 100 foot tall, laser firing mechanical tyrannosaur? We can answer that question – it’s freakin’ awesome!
- Co-op Multiplayer. The only thing better than single-handedly destroying an entire city is teaming up with other monsters for more carnage. Eat Them! allows four friends to join forces and play every mission in the game in multiplayer. Anything you can do in single player, you can do in multi-player, only with far more devastating effect.
- Mayhem. As the missions play out, the city’s defence forces get wise to your destructive plans and send an increasingly lethal barrage of artillery and even superheros to take you out. You certainly need your wits about you to fight them off; complete the mission at hand, and stay fed (I’ll give you one guess what your primary source of nourishment is).
- Destruction. The sheer joy of charging up to a pristine building, and letting rip until only the foundations are left!
Eat Them! launches exclusively on the PlayStation Network on 22 December 2010.