Posted

Crash Commando Patch And Trial Version

Hello everyone,

We are pleased to announce the release of the Trial version and Patch for Crash Commando. We have been listening attentively to our loyal fanbase and have been improving the game in as many areas as we can.

For those of you who have not been brave enough to buy the game (what!! after our excellent reviews??) then now you can try a level in the single player offline mode. Just be aware, to get the most out of the game you need to go out and get online and frag everyone out there!!! But nevertheless we are sure that you will really enjoy it :)

Here is a list of all the improvements we have made to the game:

• Home Game Launching Support
  • BGM, custom soundtrack functionality
  • Team auto balance
  • Increased auto balancing intervals
  • Rankings
    • Added a Friends filter
    • Added Country flags
  • Matchmaking
    • Added Country flags on found games
    • Improved matchmaking game-browsing functionality
    • Match details now displayed when selecting a game, so the player knows more of a game before choosing to join
    • Player knows more details of a game before choosing to join
  • Game play & UI enhancements
    • OSD icons are now pointing towards players carrying blocks in Espionage
    • We now show icons for players with enabled mics
    • We now display player ID labels when using the turret gun
    • We now show health icons above team members
    • Only team members with less than 100% health have the icon
    • Only visible to team members equipped with the CAB
  • We now show hostile mines
    • Red flashing light turns on when activated
    • “Blip” sound when in vicinity with volume increasing when the player gets closer to the mine
    • Includes enemy mines and mines placed by the player
  • The killed & suicide messages display icons instead of (“KILLED”,”DIED.”)
    • Players can now see which weapon or vehicle that was used
  • We now show icons for when the player is speaking
    • Ingame next to ID label
    • Lobby next to player slot
  • We now show icons for when you are taunting other players
    • Symbol above player ID label
  • Aimline/aiming improvements
    • Prevents vehicle aimline to go beyond aim limits to better illustrate where a vehicle can aim
  • Voice Chat enabled by default
  • In the near future you can look forward to some all-new exciting downloadable content and game modes. We appreciate your support and feedback.

Thanks for playing.

39 Comments
    6 Author replies

I’ll be downloading this!

RagingWhisky 28 May, 2009 @ 13:20

[JohnSketch]

*is getting tired of typing so much*

phew! posted in them all now….

How does home launching work? I tried it last night and could not see any games available for launching in home, from the menu pad.

Charlotte Large 28 May, 2009 @ 13:56
    3.1

Game launching should be visible in the PDA for supported games, just make sure you have the game on your PS3 hard drive (good place to start ;) )

The number of games that support game launching is on the increase: just last week Insomniac added game launching to Resistance 2.

Ah cool! i read this on the US PSBlog but its good to know us EU people are getting a demo too!

I was interested in crash commando but a game which was heavily multiplayer based isn’t something I would play unless my mates were interested in as well. Guess I’ll see how good it is tonight!

Just downloaded the patch was about 20Mb

Great! This is such a good game! And the creators are a cool bunch too! Hopefully this will start another wave of purchases, this game really deserves it!

Olof Gustafsson 29 May, 2009 @ 10:36
    6.1

Cheers mate! :)

I hate trial versions, I can happily ignore a game if there isn’t a demo but once I’ve got into them, thats another dent in my wallet!

ImaginedBug 28 May, 2009 @ 13:40

“For those of you who have not been brave enough to buy the game (what!! after our excellent reviews??)”

Good to finally see a new demo, ’cause after the abomination called Pain I’m not willing to buy anything on PSN without a demo. How ignorant and dumb can a developer be to even expect people to spend money on their games when they can’t try before they buy and also can’t re-sell the game if it turns out to be sh**?

OmieeZF-LIVE 28 May, 2009 @ 13:40

Love how we are getting a demo for this but i already got the game and its great to see that more and more games will get HOME launch.

giggity giggity

Diablo_Rosso 28 May, 2009 @ 13:44

I’ll try to trial version :D

Awesome! Some new maps and weapons would be great! hinthint

TheLastDestroyer 28 May, 2009 @ 13:49

Missed this but will download the demo!

Patch sounds good. I have owned the game in a few months.

elephant_stone 28 May, 2009 @ 13:56

Love Crash Commandos and this patch gives me a great reason to go back to it!

Home integration FTW….just need to catch up with the USA’s space count now.

OH MY GAWD European Playstation Blog?!!!

Awesomeness, I was just playing me some crash commando, awesome job guys!

Olof Gustafsson 29 May, 2009 @ 10:44
    16.1

Thanks! It’s nice to have a European blog, which is a little closer to home for us european PS3 developers!

Also what’s the deal on PSN cards for Europe some of us really need them to buy stuff on the store

I’ve been waiting for the demo to try this game out!

Massively underpopulated game, which is a shame because it’s an absolute riot!
    Hopefully this will get a few more players online for me to massacre ;o)

It’s brilliant game thanks for the patch,

I hope other devs start using features like these

BGM, custom soundtrack functionality
    Home Game Launching Support

Nice patch! Haven’t played this for a couple of months now, but now seems to be a good time to get back into it!!!!

I’ll be sure to get the patch asap :)
    Looking toward to the DLC too!

thanks for the trial version :).. have been hearing great things about the game

Will be downloading this later when the store is updated :)

Awesome patch!
    But Crash Commando is not showing up on my PDA..
    I have the game on my Hard drive, which I have used today and updated to the latest version, but Home does not show it.
    Any ideas please?

Olof Gustafsson 01 June, 2009 @ 09:52
    25.1

Yeah, the home launching functionality will go live this Thursday (June 4th). Sorry for the confusion! :)

sweet….i always wanted it but wanted a try….dloading now!

Just split screen support is missing for making this my game of choice of the psn games.

I wish sony made it possible when you access ur xmb menu that it comes as a theme not the orginal menu

Crash Commando is not showing up in the PDA of Home for launching either.

Olof Gustafsson 01 June, 2009 @ 09:53
    29.1

Hi there, see my reply to comment #25.

elliotclem1 29 May, 2009 @ 14:58

Hi there, I am trying to get the trophy:
    CRASH AND CONQUER – Win 20 online games

But I am stuggling to achieve it. I am sure I have won more than 20 online games by now, and is there a way to check this?
    i.e is there an option in the player profile to view online games won?

Also when it says win 20 online games does that mean win 20 rounds?

Thanks,

Elliot

Im loving this blog!

Olof Gustafsson 01 June, 2009 @ 10:53
    30.1

Hey man, no there’s no way to check your progress I’m afraid but here’s how it works anyway.
    To get a “win” in this case you need to either win a deathmatch round or be the top scorer on the winning team in team games.

And yeah, it’s rounds, not matches.

Stay at it! :)

ut then it works or not the gamelunching in home ?

I haven’t been on my ps3 today but there was no game launch in the PDA yesterday, I’m gussing it’s still not working. :-( I was looking forward to game launch for C-C!



Pretty awesome, havent used game launching at all on home yet, but this might be my first game to do it with

What’s the version of the new patch? Is it 2.00?!
    help me with this guys,,

For lunching game must wait for the update so not home 2.31….
    For Crash_911 Yes the update is 2.00

@gabri_ps: thank you.

Thanks Olof :)

Looking forward to setting up a community event for this, with the Home launching support it will be even better :D

Thanks!

It’s good to no that we have the correct info now!
    Nice one, twas my thought when G~L was not working.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history