Posted

Live from E3: SCEA Press Conference

Today’s the day! The web has recently been awash with rumours and speculation about Sony’s E3 announcements, but now you can find out exactly what’s coming soon for PlayStation as the SCEA Press Conference gets underway in sunny LA.

The show starts at 7pm BST / 8pm CEST and Jeff from PlayStation.Blog.US is blogging live throughout – check out his updates below…

Live! Sony Press Conference at E3

144 Comments
1 Author replies

Cools! I’ll be watching it in Home all over again later tonight :P

I CAN’T WAIT! :P

is the show going to be live in Home? i heard some rumours that Sony would try to send a live feed. and if it didn’t work the video came 2hours later.

can’t wait, i hope they win from MS they really need it.

xKillerMonkeyx 02 June, 2009 @ 18:18

What is the box for??

Charlotte Large 02 June, 2009 @ 18:27
4.1

That’s where Jeff’s updates from the press conference will appear – expect it all to start at 7pm UK time / 8pm in Central and Western Europe.

Oh well, it looks like i will have to stop playing the Uncharted2 beta for two long hours :(

My dearest Sony, I love you. But you have 2 great conferences to beat. Their fans are going mad with happiness right now.
Please do the same for us, make us proud! Good luck. xD

Aaah, 40 minutes left. It’s a week.

Awww! I might miss it :(

im so excited right now i think i got high blood pressure lol

Wow wow wow cant wait! Mostly hoping for some European news about a movie store.

TheDevilsJoker 02 June, 2009 @ 18:28

Nintys conference was a bucket of farts, Microsoft is the one to beat, FULL 3D VR GAMES is the only way to trump them i think. So maybe just do what you do best and reveal loads of great games.

PEOPLE! Will Home send the press conference live? Does anybody know? The video is so small at all the other places.

@4 the box is for live feedback in text from the blog moderators.

@6 you said the 2 conferences so you ment Nintendo was good ??? it was so boring and sooo bad. they announced 3 hardcore titles whitch where allready known. :s

i love how its 7pm here :-)

spacehopper69 02 June, 2009 @ 18:38

Can’t wait, will there be some major surprises?

I’ll be watching it on a live stream, but I’ll be sure to read Jeff’s live blog at the end in case I missed anything.

Watched some of Nintendo’s conference earlier – it was very dull (as usual) – they seem to wheel out the same games each year but with a different name on the box, as well as a yearly gadget to test something – first it was your brain with Brain Training, then it was your balance with WiiFit, next up it’s some weird lie detector/pulse monitor thing! You’ve got to be impressed with 4 Mario games announced at a single conference though, that even beats MS and their 2 Halo games yesterday!

P.S. It’s nice to see shared Live blogging between SCEA and SCEE regions. You’re really beginning to get the hang of this working together as one company thing aren’t you Sony!!!

Give some stuff on HOME.. have been waiting all day now.. :P my gf is starting to complain, haha :P

Super--Brad 02 June, 2009 @ 18:47

This looks like its gonna be fun, i would prefer to watch a live video stream but having problem finding one.
Anyone got any links?

G4
GameTrailers (HD)
IGN
GameSpot

Live stream from them :)

TimoTheThug 02 June, 2009 @ 18:53

Wow this is awesome… atleast this one goes out to Sony for giving such a medium to it’s true fans!

Super--Brad 02 June, 2009 @ 18:55

As soon as i find IGN i read your comment, thanks anyways :D

http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/sony-e3/?tag=live;press-conf-list <– Link to the direct streaming :)

Okay quality…

Super--Brad 02 June, 2009 @ 19:01

It’s live!

Yeah ive seen :D just waiting now m8.. Come to home too ;) Many there waiting or just walking atm.

Im calling – GO! sports

Super--Brad 02 June, 2009 @ 19:06

i would go on home but im being lazy and rather watch it on the pc, are they even live streaming it on home i have heard that it will be replayed on it after the live event.

Super--Brad 02 June, 2009 @ 19:09

For anyone who wants to watch the even in HD http://www.gametrailers.com/e3/video-press-conference/sony?hd=1

Got my PS3 browser doing the job for me, zoomed in and full screen.
Now bring on some good news Sony!!!

xKillerMonkeyx 02 June, 2009 @ 19:26

Uncharted 2 looks great on single player.

I wonder how high on the agenda updating the EU PSN Store to the standard of the US and Jap stores will be??

Blast Factor, Last Guy updates and all those PS1 Classics to name but a few!?

xKillerMonkeyx 02 June, 2009 @ 19:50

PSP Go gets the video store that EU still havent got.

And a price tag of 249 euros which is £215 too much for me I think!

xKillerMonkeyx 02 June, 2009 @ 19:55

Is a bit to much, intergrated memory and blutooth sounds good for me though, but i have a 3000 and i aint gonna buy another PSP.

HereIsMartin 02 June, 2009 @ 19:56

Is it just me, or has the layout for the european store changed today? When will video rental be released in europe?

xKillerMonkeyx 02 June, 2009 @ 19:59

Not got a clue, i remember when they launched US said that Eu would have it aswell.

Less PSP more PS3 PLEASE.

50 PS1 classics! and FFvii out very soon, surely that means they’ll be making it to the SCEE PSN??

The PSP-GO, is great. Looks awesome to. But there is one little problem. When i don’t have a “creditcard”, how can i store the content on “it”? Please SONY, “give Europe the PSN-CARDS”. I mean…,”the USA got them, Japan got them. Where is Europe?”

[DELETED] That CONTROLER!!! Totaly awesome.

Awesome conference, even better than last year!

Yeah great press conference!

God, the conference was AMAZING!! Tons of great games coming for the PSP, and a new “Wii” alike controller for the PS3 which looks immense!! Very well done to Sony and game developers for all of this! This had made the gaming business look HUGE!!

sony u ruled e3 it was fantastic psp go, all ps3 games amazing

Uh-oh. No sign of the PS3 slim…
Shall I eat my hat now or prepare it first and make an actual meal out of it?

Bear :)

DAMN that was a good show. motion control is sweeeeeeeeeet! i will buy it right now just give me a game. ps3 sports????

Sony had the best show of E3. There is so many good games that I don’t believe it. Good job. Now I know what games I want buy for PS3. I liked this e3 so much! Do you add Sony’s E3 -show to PS store. I think many players want see it.

Sorry my bad english :D :)

Super--Brad 02 June, 2009 @ 21:17

I can understand when Jack said about content, the amount of games was jaw dropping congrats guys.
PSP Go has my money I’m more off a digital guy, With MGS it will be great to play.
Any news on VidZone?

Brad

Wow, Sony pulled it out of the hat! After the incredibly impressive MS conference, I just did not see Sony matching it, but they did and they beat them. Motion controller was actually working, unlike MS’s, and the sheer number of games (TRICO!!!) just made it a total win.

legalisemurder 02 June, 2009 @ 21:20

Fellow fanboys rejoice! Sit down mr gates,grab a cushion and put your wallet away cos Sony just won the console war!i particularly enjoyed hideo kojima stating that the PSP was getting the true MGS sequel.What a [DELETED]slap to M$.FF14…hooray…come back square,all is forgiven…or it will be when PS3 gets Star Ocean.And the wand looked cool and promising unlike M$’s worrying and faked child simulation.And…And…And!

Amazing presentation from Sony.

2009 will be an amazing year as well as 2010.

Great conference, looking forward to uncharted beta tomorrow, great motion controller, also looking forward to agent by rockstar as well

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history