Posted

Resistance 2 Multiplayer Skins – Coming To Europe This Thursday!

Hi. I’m Dan, the Producer for Resistance 2 in Europe. I just wanted to post a follow-up to last Thursday’s US blog update from Bryan Intihar (he of Insomniac Games fame!) about the two new free Resistance 2 multiplayer skins.

Resistance 2

Resistance 2

Originally, these were scheduled to launch on June 11th in the SCEE region but I’m now pleased to announce that, thanks to the good people in the Store team, we’ve brought that date forward to this Thursday, June 04! Not quite a simultaneous launch I know, but as close as we could get. Hope you enjoy them! Hoping to see lots of Grims and Dr Malikovs facing off online on Thursday night.

If you haven’t already, check out the new Resistance Space in PlayStation Home – this went live a couple of weeks back and check out this video of the game!

Don’t forget that game launching is now supported for Resistance 2 from PS Home, so it’s a good way to meet up with your friends and party up for multiplayer.

Cheers,
Dan

28 Comments
3 Author replies

I was wondeering about these…thanks sony:)

elephant_stone 02 June, 2009 @ 13:01

Will these be Free or Paid DLC????

Nice working bringing the date forward!

Daniel Brooke 02 June, 2009 @ 13:05
2.1

They are free, just as in the US. Whoops, should have mentioned that in the original post. I’ll see if we can get that edited. Good point!

We (Denmark) already got Resistance 2 multiplayer skins back in march – are these different?

Daniel Brooke 02 June, 2009 @ 13:12
3.1

The Grim and Malikov skins were not among the multiplayer skins that were released earlier in the year.

@elephant_stone These skins are free

I would play it but my co op rank for my special ops is stuck on 29!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i would play it but he never levels up even if i get points. This only occurs on my psn account and its really annoying – i want to play it but because its broken it stops me from enjoying the game. I really did like it :-( its so annoying when you put all that time in and your 1 level away from top rank…..:-(

elephant_stone 02 June, 2009 @ 13:12

@ Daniel Brooke
@ mattyg89

Free Stuff Rocks

Great news. It’s always fun blasting new looking characters online! ;)

Perfect :) Im gonna rock that Grim skin :p

wardragon989 02 June, 2009 @ 13:20

Nice. Thanks for the information and thanks for the date push up =P

I hope to see more great DLC in the future =)

Thanks Daniel for clearing that up :)

xKillerMonkeyx 02 June, 2009 @ 13:25

Nice one Insomniac.

RagingAvatar 02 June, 2009 @ 13:27

Can you launch games anywhere in Home or does it have to be in the Resistance space?

elephant_stone 02 June, 2009 @ 13:34

@ RagingAvatar

I think its anywhere but you need the disc in the drive (obviously)

Daniel Brooke 02 June, 2009 @ 14:19
13.1

@RagingAvatar

elephant_stone is exactly right. You don’t have to be in the Resistance Home space to game launch, but you will need your Resistance 2 disc in the PS3.

TimoTheThug 02 June, 2009 @ 13:35

Look at that! Thanks for the update will check it out.

You mentioned that it wasn’t a real simultanous release but could you explain why that wasn’t possible?

Thanks in advance!

Excellent news! I’ve just started running an event for Resistance 2 incorporating the game launching etc. The news about these free skins will certainly please the masses! Nice one. :)

Bear

Great stuff, thanks :D

-Ad-

Stargatefreak 02 June, 2009 @ 14:55

No Resistance Space for GERMANY -.-. SONY HELP US! WE are no kiddies, but Sony give us only kiddie content?! Most of the PS3-Owner are OVER 18 Years old!

Thanks for the info, it looks cool! Shall give it a little go soon :D

Daniel,

Will there be any future DLC for the co-op part of R2? as most people I play with only play co-op and no competetitive. I’d appreciate any information even if its a no. Thanks.

berntsson88 02 June, 2009 @ 16:20

nice……

I love Resistance 2, one of the best multi players I own, I’m glad for more skins tho, everyone loooks so alike!

I really want some information on resistance 3 if its coming..

Why do we always get stuf later than the US?

What did you think about Microsoft’s E3 conference?

I’d like to hear an opinion from someone working for Sony!

TheLastDestroyer 02 June, 2009 @ 17:01

That malikov picture looks so real.

BlackPanthar 02 June, 2009 @ 17:38

Looking Good :) Wish their were new guns, or classes to play as though ;)

xxSamuraiGirlxx 03 June, 2009 @ 02:27

when are we gonna get new co-op maps? =9

My grim skin won’t be unique anymore :|. At least everyone has the oportunity to use them now.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history