Golden Joystick Awards 2009 – Vote For Your Favourite PlayStation Games

The last round of voting in the 27th Annual Golden Joystick Awards, where gamers get to vote on their favourite games from the last year, is now underway! Some truly superb PlayStation games are shortlisted in the various awards categories…

27th Annual Golden Joystick Awards

Sackboy is dusting off his tuxedo as LittleBigPlanet is nominated in the Family, Multiplayer, Soundtrack, PlayStation Game of the Year and Ultimate Game of the Year categories. Killzone 2 is on his six and competing for the Multiplayer, PlayStation Game of the Year and Ultimate Game of the Year awards.

And with all of the announcements and revelations from E3 fresh in your mind, now’s a good time to vote for your most anticipated game in “The One To Watch” award; where God of War III and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves are battling it out to see who’ll be at the top of our wish lists for the next year.

Head over to the Awards website for a full list of the categories and nominees – cast your vote and you could win some cool prizes for yourself in the Golden Joystick Awards prize draw.

The Golden Joystick winners will be announced on 30th October as the grand finale to 2009’s London Games Festival.

Who will you be voting for this year? Let us know below, or head over to the PlayStation Forums to see what games everyone’s talking about and compare notes on your favourites.

1 Author replies

Link for the Awards website needs som fixing :)

Charlotte Large 08 June, 2009 @ 10:44

Oops! Well spotted, thanks.
All fixed now :)

This link worked for me – ;)

My votes are in! I have to admit they’re a little bit biased towards Sony haha

RagingWhisky 08 June, 2009 @ 11:25

My juvenile natures comes out right now and I doubt I’m the only one who giggled at “the golden joystick”

Just voted!

thenextbutton 08 June, 2009 @ 11:30

My votes have been submitted, I hope LBP does well.

TCU_The_Cobra 08 June, 2009 @ 12:37

Uncharted 2 HAS to win the One to Watch award! I voted for MGS4 alot too.

Go Uncharted!!

Voted:) LBP and Mm FTW!!

Psicojacorral 08 June, 2009 @ 13:13

laser123939 08 June, 2009 @ 13:16

voted valkyria chronicles athough it has no chance

voted. ;)

Voted for KZ2 in a few categories. Hope it wins best multiplayer as I’ve had a blast playing it online.

Speaking of which, one final plug for the tournament that the Threespeech clan has set up. Starts tonight (10pm, UK GMT) and space for 6 more clans. 8v8 – hope to see you there:

Sign up using the link below (you may need to paste into your browser):

Balflearspgc 08 June, 2009 @ 13:55

Killzone 2 has to be game of the year, it is simply awesome, followed by LBP.

WrestleBlog 08 June, 2009 @ 14:28

Will have a gander at the nominee’s when I get home and do some voting. No doubt I will vote for Uncharted 2 as most anticipated game as I’m itching for it even more now that I’ve had a taste with the multiplayer Beta. Can’t wait for story mode, they just better not kill off Elena!

Slightly off topic, but I find it odd how there’s no major information (reviews, previews, etc.) following Prototype which is due out Friday. Watched some trailers for it this weekend and think it looks amazing. If any one behind the blog has any scoops or info on this title I think it’s definatley worth a post, seems to have gotten lost in the E3 shuffle thus far.

Balflearspgc 08 June, 2009 @ 14:36

MGS 4 pwns every game out there, sorry :P

If Killzone + MGS4 don’t win awards, I’m going to start cracking skulls xD
Ultimate game of the year was a tough one, toss-up between MGS4 and Killzone.
Killzone definitely has to get multiplayer shooter of the year though, no other game comes close! Especially none of the ones shortlisted.

No possibility to vote for WipEout HD, then no vote… I also enjoyed Little Big Planet and Rock Band 2 a lot

Just voted!
Hope we clean out!

If there is any good left in this world then it should be MGS4 for best game, Killzone 2 best online and Uncharted 2 one to watch!

Ravenblade86 08 June, 2009 @ 18:35

Placed my votes a few days ago, just looking at the shortlist shows how great it has been to be a gamer for the last year and that trend seems to be continuing aswell.

@ Sketch – long gone are the days when we could waggle our joysticks in the company of others :D Kempston Competition Pro Joysticks FTW!!

and my votes.. FALLOUT3 in every category.

@ PabloAmigo – sorry, no can show, HDTV is dead, no gaming for me for at least a good couple of weeks!!

digitalpowershot 08 June, 2009 @ 19:27

Killzone2 FTW!

Just voted.

Valkyria Chronicles gets my vote every time. Such a fantastic title.

Stonesthrow 08 June, 2009 @ 20:40

voted; oh well, i dont consider myself a sony fanboy, sony just provides quality and i’ve been happy with sony ever since i was a little boy with his first playstation..they’ve always respected their customers (which is an important issue imo, microsoft has no respect for their customers at all..) and we’ve always respected them back, times may be hard sometimes for sony (like now with the ps3) but i’ll stick by them, till death do us part ;p:d:d I LOVE U SONY ^^

I voted, good luck to all those in the vote, be interesting to find out the winners on the 30th

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history