Posted

New Bionic Commando Rearmed Update Includes Trophy Support

Hi everyone, my name is Dominic Matthews and I’m a European Product Manager at Capcom.

As some of you may have seen on PlayStation.Blog.US there is a new update coming soon for Bionic Commando Rearmed, which includes Trophy support. I’m happy to confirm that this update will also be coming to the SCEE region. Although we can’t put a precise date on when the update will be live, it is currently in QA so should be released really soon.

In addition to Trophy support the update includes:

• New “Normal” difficulty setting, which includes the following changes:
  • When you die you respawn at the last solid ground or checkpoint
  • The level Albatross B is cut
  • The ability to reel out the cable when hanging or swinging to its full length
  • If the player swings into a wall, they will no longer always disconnect and be thrown away from the wall. Instead they will keep connected and reel in.
  • Unlimited lives
  • Super Joe Machine Gun bug fix
  • When upgraded, the weapon becomes more powerful in addition to the larger clip. This is fixed for all difficulties.
  • As mentioned over on PlayStation.Blog.US, this update really came about because of the conversations and feedback between Capcom and the community on the PlayStation Blog and Capcom forums. The moral of the story being that open communication can lead to better games! Whilst we’re not always able to follow up on all requests, we are listening to what the community is saying.

Thanks for all the feedback and involvement so far. Please keep it up!

77 Comments
    3 Author replies
    Jack-Bauer-89 18 June, 2009 @ 17:49

You said you wasnt giving us trophies.

buuuuut..THANK YOU SO MUCH

Cheers but its a bit late ..

Its never too late for one of the best remakes on PSN! I’m not a big trophy fan, but the other updates sound nice :)

Thanks.

centrinoduo91 18 June, 2009 @ 17:53

!!!

YES MY FAVOURITE PSN GAME gets trophies finally!!

Basically, it’s the most simpest way possibly put…

I LOVE YOU!

Great bit of news. I’ll tell my hoarding friends! :D

(Please don’t judge me) :(

Its about time…Now i can buy it…

this actually isn’t even mentioned in the US blog yet!

Awesome news!
    Thanks :D

-Ad-

@ Dominic

Is there any chance of another(?) sale for Bionic commando for UK ??

Dominic Matthews 18 June, 2009 @ 18:24
    9.1

Hi Chas19, there are no sale plans at present. Instead we’ve got the update coming that gives the game even more value!

Jack-Bauer-89 18 June, 2009 @ 17:57

Also, any chance of a sneak peak at the trophy list? :D

Thank you very much for letting us know!
    Regarding trophies I’d be so happy to know if there will ever be a special reward for gaining 100% on a game. I’m just not sure who to direct this question too. Are there plans to evolve the trophy system in any way?

It would be great to:
    – see how many people gained a certain trophy.
    – get a “ruby”-trophy (or something) worth double platinum for having fully completed all trophy challenges in a game that less than 100,000 people accomplished (deleting this specific trophy when the numbers goes above 100,000…).
    – have a leaderboard on trophy quantity.
    – have a leadserboard on trophy rarity.
    – Be able to delete trophies from your list (when you have less than 10%)..

Well anyway, it’s probably on the wrong board here :S

Dominic Matthews 18 June, 2009 @ 18:27
    11.1

Hi Gulzt, At present I’m not sure of which Trophies will be in the game, but I’m sure there will be some really challenging ones to keep you swinging away.

Finally! Can’t wait to boot the game back up :D

Also, glad this is coming to the EU *shakes fist at Blast Factor*

Finally, some good news today! XD
    I for one have not bought this game yet as I’ve been holding out for those promised trophies. :P

Well they’re finally here and I’ll be giving it a purchase very soon indeed. :D

Thanks Dominic!

On the US blog? Where? *huh* Anyway good news.

@Gultz I doubt it since 100% with a game is no longer relevant unless you wish to download every single DLC from games like Burnout and Pain and tbh I’m not really in the mood for that. They should reward for the trophies you earn, not percentage.

Balflearspgc 18 June, 2009 @ 18:01

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! can’t way for it

Great to hear! I knew Capgod wouldn’t let us down. :)

Capcom = Win? I think so. :)

Thanks for this!

Thanks!

\o/

Super Street Fighter Trophies now please

excellent capcom, now im just waiting for devil may cry 4 trophies and ill be happy, hope you do it

FINNNAAALLLY oh god YES! YES ALL OVER MY FACE!

Thanks for it >Capcom, Im getting bionic commando PS3 too

SolidusDave 18 June, 2009 @ 18:08

so…
    no means yes? :B

So first the trophy patch for BC:Rearmed was promised…..
    Months passed….Hopes faded..
    Then it was categorically denied by Capcom on their own forums by their own staff….
    Hmmmmm…. BC main game comes out….
    Patch for BC:R is suddenly on again!!!
    Thanks Capcom are you really sure this time? is your mind definitely made up? :)
    BTW hope it does not end up in SCEEs lost patch collection along side Blast Factor, The Last Guy, FarCry2 1.04 Pal Region bug fix patch though…!!

“The moral of the story being that open communication can lead to better games!”
    Yep, Communication makes everything better!!
    Thanks for the patch, great news :)

This, along with Unreal Tournament 3, Tomb Raider Underworld, flOw etc, has given me great hope for older games getting trophy patches.

Capcom, if you’re reading this, please turn the ingame achievement system into Trophies like Naughty Dog did for Uncharted! I don’t care if they’re not retroactive, I don’t care if they’re the same as the 360’s achievement list, I just need my DMC trophy fix!

* for Devil May Cry 4.

Damnit, I wish I caught it in the sale now. =(

onlineatron 18 June, 2009 @ 18:28

WOOOOOOO

Had this game for ages and hardly touched it, this update ggives me incentive to go back to it =D

It’s sad, but I can imagine a lot of people will buy this now just for trophies… it’s a gold mine!

SurrealNightmare 18 June, 2009 @ 18:30

Nice. I bought this game last year and had a lot of fun with it. It’s good to know that the trophy patch is still coming as I thought it would end up in eternal limbo… heh.

Also, just one question. Will you be required to start a new save in order to start collecting trophies? This seems to be the case for most games that have received post-release trophy patches, but this hasn’t been the case for games like Disgaea 3.

pillaysteven 18 June, 2009 @ 18:30

Awesome! Thanks so much for listening to your fans and making trophies :). I just needed a small push to play through the game for the 3rd time and this is definitely it. Cheers :D.

Finally ! thank you very much for this GREAT news … getting Trophy in this hard game ….. it’s like … *crying* .

RagingWhisky 18 June, 2009 @ 18:37

[JohnSketch]

Felt really bad about Bionic Commando…

Played it on the 360 and it just didn’t “jive” with me.

Nice to hear the original/remake is being given some extra loving though!

ShogunDarius 18 June, 2009 @ 18:40

are we getting the post competition the american site is getting?

Diablo_Rosso 18 June, 2009 @ 18:48

Can I ask, why did you increase the price from £6.99 to £7.99 after the sale of £3.99?

Wow thanks guys! This is great, you said you decided not to give us trophies after all but now you are. Good job!

RenorMirshann 18 June, 2009 @ 18:49

Yeah, DMC4 Trophy Patch would be great! I bought a PS3 for this game (as PS2 for DMC3 a couple of years ago), played the s@#t out of it but trophies would definitely make me come back to some devil action.

I’ve read this request a couple fo times before so it’s nothing like the community does not want it!

So, pretty please, and I’m readying my wallet for RE5 purchase ;)

BritishBlue 18 June, 2009 @ 18:51

So trophies are coming out as part of an update? I can’t understand why, they’ve certainly been out long enough…

I would like it if we had the free games like on the US blog! Hint hint!!

Please bring street fighter HD trophies too these days trophies = sales

WhiteWolfDK 18 June, 2009 @ 19:03

Why no competition like on the american blog -which by the way seems to have dies on us :-D

Other than that, I can only say the same – Very good job, you have managed to listen to the community and taken in what we said, dev’s like that earns a LOT of respect in the den.

//WhiteWolf

This is great news! Nice little game, although rather difficult, so had to play it on easy mode. :o)

Thank you!
    I think I’m going to cry…

ShogunDarius 18 June, 2009 @ 19:12

what i was saying above is, where’s our competition?

You should pull a John Diamonon and start some free game contest over here as well :)

Anyways, thanks for the update, a lot of people will appreciate this!

WhiteWolfDK 18 June, 2009 @ 19:17

@ ShogunDarius – I vote for the first 50 posters get a prize :-D – I would love to win Flock 0=)

//WhiteWolf

ShogunDarius 18 June, 2009 @ 19:20

first fifty unique posters to be fair

I must agree xD

ShogunDarius 18 June, 2009 @ 19:31

I love how its suddenly gone all silent

Nice one Capcom.

This is great news i will probably pick this up whn the trophies land.

On the note of Trophy patches, the US got one for BLAST FACTOR which is one of my favourite PSN titles from the the first year. Can we expect this trophy patch anytime soon. PLEASE!!

If only Sony could follow your lead.

1st June Sony said – We’re releasing Fat Princess in June.

Today Sony said – We’re not releasing Fat Princess in June.

Then there are martians on the moon getting trophy patches before us.

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history