Posted

PlayStation Home – New inFamous Space and Killzone 2 Throne Room (Updated)

Hi all, it’s Elliott here, and I wanted to update you on some fantastic new content making it’s way into PlayStation Home this week.

Firstly, the magnificent Killzone 2 Visari Throne Room will be available from the Shopping Centre as of tomorrow morning. To celebrate the launch of this great personal space, we’re giving you the chance to get hold of an exclusive Killzone 2 PS Home Reward – the Visari plant & container. This exclusive item will look great in your new Visari Palace Throne Room, (or Harbour Studio at a push…) just bear in mind it takes up quite a lot of space…!

PS Home - The Killzone 2 Visari plant & container, 1PS Home - The Killzone 2 Visari plant & container, 2

The Visari plant and container PS Home Reward

To get hold of this rare item simply keep an eye on the EU blog over the next couple of days. We will publish a promotion code, as a comment within this article, which you will need to redeem; (T’s & C’s apply – click here) but you’ll have to be quick; the promotion code will be valid for one week only!

Update: The promotion code is now in the comments below as promised, but it’s becoming rather tricky to find it! So, to make things simpler, here it is, to save you hunting through lots of comment pages:

J7BH-C4BR-2RTN.

To redeem the code, go into the PlayStation Store and select the [Redeem Codes] icon from the [Store Top], then just follow the onscreen instructions – the plant will be in your inventory when you log back into PS Home.

In addition to the Visari Throne Room, this week you will also be able to get your hands on an exclusive Helghast Tacticians outfit (for both male and female avatars), some fantastic Killzone t-shirts, as well as a variety of furniture items to kit out the Visari Throne Room – check out the screenshots below.

PS Home - Helghast Tacticians outfit

PS Home - Killzone 2 clothing

PS Home - Visari Throne Room furniture, 1

PS Home - Visari Throne Room furniture, 2PS Home - Visari Throne Room furniture, 3

There will also be a second limited edition promotion code available on Killzone.com which will unlock another exclusive item for the Visari Throne Room. I won’t give too much away here, however be sure to keep an eye out Killzone.com, since no Visari Palace would be complete without one of these rare items…

In addition to the Killzone news above, you’ll be very pleased to hear that we also have the SOCOM Tactical Operations Centre launching in the SCEE region tomorrow. Great for all you SOCOM fans, check out the post here for more info on this new space.

PS Home - SOCOM Tactical Operations Centre, 3

PS Home - SOCOM Tactical Operations Centre, 1PS Home - SOCOM Tactical Operations Centre, 2

And last, (but by no means least!) we will also be launching the fantastic inFamous ‘Abandoned Docks of Empire City’ space tomorrow morning (including the great Reaper Shock mini-game). Here’s what SCEA’s blog team had to say about this great new addition:

“The Abandoned Docks of Empire City marks a first for Home in that it will broadcast exclusive media developed by Sucker Punch specifically for the hardcore inFamous fans. We also managed to squeeze a mini-game into the space – a scrolling shooter-type button masher called Reaper Shock that lets the community compete for high scores on the built-in global leaderboard (and rewards the most highly-skilled with some rad reward items to decorate your avatar and your personal space with).”

PS Home - inFamous Abandoned Docks space, 1PS Home - inFamous Abandoned Docks space, 2PS Home - inFamous Abandoned Docks space, 3PS Home - inFamous Abandoned Docks space, 4

I’ll be around for a while so if you have any questions about any of the above, blog away – otherwise, be sure to keep an eye out for that Killzone promo code ;)

Best
Elliott / iELL

297 Comments
5 Author replies
loonytoon1982 01 July, 2009 @ 17:45

You mean to say we’re getting a space at the same time as the US?

WOOHOO!!!

Looking forward to blasting a few reapers… even if I am one myself

sowasred2012 01 July, 2009 @ 17:45

Nice.

Nice, hope they all work ok and on that note do you have any news on the Buzz space or is that in Relentless’s hands

Good to finally see some home spaces rolling in. Needs moar though.

I need that helghast outfit!

Excellent update, I will be in Home to see these updates.

RadioactiveMouse 01 July, 2009 @ 17:53

Wow that’s alot of content to release. And free stuff :O I shall be checking back :)

Great work guys, nice to see developments for the Home platform. :D

Elliott Linger 01 July, 2009 @ 18:00
7.1

Hey RadioactiveMouse,
Be sure to check back tomorrow for the Promotion Code for the Killzone 2 furniture, we’ll post it in this thread.
There will also be a few more smaller updates tomorrow morning (clothing etc) so keep an eye out for those too.

This is more like it.
SCEE has to keep this up every fortnight to contain interest in Home for the PS3 users. Well done.

!!!!!^^!!!!!!

Thank SCEE.

is love!!!! :)

Hi

how many reward items can we expect to see from the inFamous mini game ?

Thanks

ads659

Thanks for the brilliant update, we get exclusive stuff and the killzone apartment before anyone else and 2 new spaces

I have a couple of questions, I hope you can answer

1. Is the helghast costume the exclusive item we will find on the killzone website or is it buyable
2. Any news on the buzz website
3. Also is there an update on photo frames?

Killzone 2, inFamous and Socom, things are looking good in EU Home! Can’t wait till Thursday!

Must remember to update my card with cash, ouch.

I heard there is two reward items ads, a garbage monster object and a nurse outfit

This is possibly the update I have been waiting for. MusterBuster referred me here btw ;)

So, any news on Killzone 2 Home Launching? I know it’s coming, I sense it, I can smell it in the Helghast apartment air. Make it Game Launch and I will be a very happy man.

Sorry for the invasion lol but I’m assuming these Killzone items are EU only for this week as it wasn’t mentioned in the US PlayStation Blog…. ?

Poker tables in personal space…pls

Playing poker in that throne room>>>>

Just put the poker table up for sale in the shopping centre

£5-10 would be perfect, obviously with voice chat so we can chill in our personal space with friends, right now these personal space are hmmmmmmm

This is fantastic. I have’nt been using Home that much since I finished Xi, and this is just the thing to get me back on it. Kudos to getting the inFamousspacelaunching parallel to the US. Also, are we getting the Killzone 2 personall space before US? I have a couple of questions to ask though:

1) Does the killzone 2 themed furniture come with the personal space or is that solld seperately?
2) How much will it cost (In £) to kit out an avata in the full helghast outfit?
3) Any news on the Motorstorm themed home apartment, unveiled a year, or so, ago?

– Matt –

Elliott Linger 01 July, 2009 @ 18:06
17.1

Hi MA77_G0D,
Certain KZ2 furniture items will be sold, others you will be able to get via Promotion Code for a limited time (such as the awesome KZ dead plant!).
There will be another promotion on killzone.com for a second special item (which is a must have for the apartment) so keep an eye out for this…!

If both upcoming Killzone rewards don’t require you to own the game I’m going to be really annoyed.

I’ve seen enough people who don’t even have InFamous walking around in Cole and Reaper costumes, yet someone like myself who has the Platinum trophy is left empty handed.

The wrong people, all day forum dwellers are getting all the best content while genuine gamers are mistreated. I don’t want to religiously refresh blogs, follow individuals on twitter or kiss the rears of moderators who show favouritism over their flock.

It’s turning into a huge problem as far as I can see and not what Home was presented to ever be like back at GDC 2007. Stop handing out codes to random people and let exclusive items be actually earned through trophies you’ve achieved similar to Resident Evil 5 and Street Fighter IV.

I’m getting resentful of seeing this happen over and over again.

Good afternoon,

Interesting update indeed, i sure look forward to the Infamous themed space. My apologies Shijima, but I have absolutely no interest in the SOCOM space due my nightmarish experience with the game.

Regarding the Killzone Throne room, i certainly am deeply tempted to purchase the entire lot simply in order to get the Tacticians outfit. To tell you the truth, it is the one and only class i use in the game, but will sadly not open my wallet for it. Never will i ever pay for virtual products. More importantly community-wise, do we have any positive news on the Killzone2 themed space with gamelaunching support?

Moreover, i thought that both the EA Sports Complex and Resident Evil5 themed space would be receiving an update tomorrow; are they still part of tomorrow’s maintenance despite the information in the blog post?

Last but not least, where is the Buzz space? According to the last update, its re-implementation was scheduled for ‘late June’ .

Good day

nuclear_predator 01 July, 2009 @ 18:03

Great update this week :) I’m looking forward to the inFamous space

Nice Reaper outfit there ;) Im guessing thats something to do with the space for EU peeps? ;)

Mattiebo123 01 July, 2009 @ 18:05

awesome update! can’t wait til tomorrow :) oh, and you might wanna read this:

“Remember that blog authors always stick around to answer your questions – make them suffer!”

:O that is a message from Muster Buster!

he should be ashamed!

Great update news for Thursday, Keeps fingers crossed for game launching.

Great update. I know I’ll be up late tmorrow night playing the inFamous mini-game until it breaks.
Also fingers crossed the Buzz space will make a return.

:O

Wow thats a lot of content! Best Home update EVER!

KZ2 gamelaunching would be great… :)

SIR-DARK-HAZE 01 July, 2009 @ 18:09

hi elliot where it says check out killzone.com for the codes will the be a limited amount of codes given out

Elliott Linger 01 July, 2009 @ 18:11
27.1

There will indeed be a limited amount of codes given out…;)

Just out of interest will the Motorstorm and Far Cry game launching be activated when the update happens?

Great release for tommorow, its great that SCEE has started listen to it’s community and pull up its socks well done to the team.
Just a little question on the KZ2 stuff and Throne Room any prices yet.
Thanks for the update and well done.
-FAZ6198-

OMG… *mouth drops* when ted said there was a suprise I didn’t think this would be it! Two spaces in one update plus as toon pointed out we have it at the same time as scea! Well done scee. Also I love the giveaway, shame sce use universal codes as it becomes less unique, but I guess it’s nice that everyone has an equal chance!

loonytoon1982 01 July, 2009 @ 18:14

So what are the price ranges for the additional content? I need to know how much to top up :D

@18

You say that the real gamers are suffering… I’m a gamer, I have the platinum, I use the forums all day, I do quite a lot between Home and playing games as a lot of people know and I just happened to get lucky with the reaper.

The rewards thankfully don’t seem to require people to own the game and rightly so in the case of a title that has been out for months. What you’re suggesting is that someone in my position shouldn’t get rewarded for not owning the game. However, I should point out that I did own it and sold it on due to the YLOD.

It happens.

Wooo Hooo…Hope it all runs smoothly *fingers crossed*

makingdamage 01 July, 2009 @ 18:15

Great work guys!
By the way, those 3D trophies thingy, are they coming to home or have you canceled that project? Because that really looks cool.

Is the EA Sports space getting updated with golf tomorrow?

I feel it’s late for KZ,It should really of been at launch and used game launching from day one.I hope fat princess, MAG,U2,GT5,and other PS3 multiplayer games have these functions from day one.as it will of been 10 months as a “open beta” by that time.

wardragon989 01 July, 2009 @ 18:17

Nice update.

But for some reason i was very confused by what was wrote, it almost felt rushed with too much info to talk about, not a bad thing no no no but confusing =/

@31 Well said

My sincerest apologies to posting once again, but that was simply due to unfortunate word-limit.

I will go back to the Killzone Throne Room.
In short, you are asking us gamers to pay for rewards, instead of being rewarded for our overall achievements within the game itself? In all honesty, i am not a big fan of the trophy system, but i did enjoy Killzone2 so much -since the beta that is- that i promised myself to do my best and earn the shiny Platinum. Which i eventually did. Why aren’t Home rewards, such as the above Tactician outfit, delivered to us in such manner? Please note that the very same is valid for all other games, such as Infamous for example. SCEE [Australia] has recently distributed 500 Reaper costume codes. I will not ask why SCEE (France) did not do the very same, but once again the reason why we are not rewarded for our achievements within the game?

All the best.

oooooooer DROOLS! can’t wait!!! like what departed said, when ted said there was a surprise I didn’t think this would be it! i had low expectation for this content update. now im terribly excited for it.
I’m bad at keeping my eyes peeled :(

Thanks SCEE great update!

without sounding unappreciative about this massive surprise with all these goodies; these treats, we really should be getting the BUZZ HQ tomorrow too.
It kinda makes no sense that its still in surgery.

Also mate, any news on the CORE client by anychance?
(if that last bit went over ya head, dont worry, it does me too with all this computer talk)

OMG OMG OMG You have no idea how exited i am:

Infamous Space
Killzone 2 Space #1! (For me anyway)
Killzone 2 Outfit
Killzone 2 Furniture

Gah im so EXITED!

Also where can we get this Killzone 2 outfit? Im going to get it straight away even if it costs! lol

Elliott Linger 01 July, 2009 @ 18:39
41.1

Hey Ryan224,
You’ll be able to get the Tactician’s outfit as soon as Home re-opens tomorrow morning.

Andy-McK-4ever 01 July, 2009 @ 18:37

Two new spaces at once?! SCEE is stepping up it’s game. Any news about when the Uncharted and Warhawk spaces are going to be available in Europe?

Thanks Elliott,

Will it cost?

It’s ok if it does because ill be there to buy it first! :)

Elliott Linger 01 July, 2009 @ 18:43
43.1

It will,
But there are two exclusive KZ items that you can get for free to kit out your Visari Palace…the Killzone plant (which is enormous and almost fills up the Harbour Studio) and something else… ;)

Awesome update this week!!

I don’t mean to keep repeating myself, but is there any news on Killzone 2 game-launching from within home or will there ever be??

Please could i get an answer on this subject, as it is one that has been on my mind for a long time now…

Aww sweet!

I like the way you said “and somthing else…” haha
I like secrets :)

I don’t think i will be able to sleep tonight. Too Exited :P

cool thanks may start using home now

SIR-DARK-HAZE 01 July, 2009 @ 18:45

how much does the tactition outfit cost or is it free

Thanks for the update i will wait and see how it turns out first

Still if you can keep this up i be happy again

Nerd

“excited” i think its spelt?! dont quote me on that though!!
i mean i hope you aint exited anything ryan over this news today.. god knows i almost did lol.
Nah im messin.

QUICK QUESTION Elliott!

Can you tell me abit about the graffing in the infamous space dude. can we actually graf what ever we like? or is it preset, if you like?

THE_CHAOS_CURSE 01 July, 2009 @ 18:52

will the apartment cost or will it be free?

if so, how much will it cost?

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history