Hello there PlayStation Blog! It’s good to be back. And it’s even better to be back with some exciting news for you guys. There is a new DLC pack incoming, called Napalm & Cordite. It has flames and bolts will fulfill the wishes of many of our weirdest fans. There will be more info on that next week, for now let’s focus on the patch.
As with any good DLC, it needs a great patch. We’ve been scouring the forums, stopping and interrogating you in the streets and using futuristic mind-reading technology* to find out what you wanted changed in Killzone 2 and have done our best to try and accommodate that with our patches. So it is time for the latest and greatest update to come to Killzone 2, imaginatively titled: Patch 1.28. (How we come up with these snappy names I’ll never know)
So without further ado, here is the official press-release with the list of new features and fixes for you to go through and discuss further. I’ll be hanging around the comments section for a wee while, so feel free to ask any questions you might have regarding the below, or anything Killzone related.
Over and out. Seb “MotherH” Downie
*Futuristic technology comprising mainly of some rope, a hammer and some knee-caps.
On Tuesday, June 14th 2009 at 8AM Greenwich Mean Time, Guerrilla Games will release the 10th update for the visceral shooter, Killzone 2.
Patch 1.28 will be 91MB in size (316MB for Asian release) and will be released worldwide simultaneously pending a server update. There will be an anticipated server down-time of about 2 hours while the patch is rolled out and the server updates are completed and tested. The following fixes and features are included in this latest release:
- Feature – Code support for DLC pack III “Napalm & Cordite”. The update will enable players to create games with the newest maps “Suljeva Cliffside” and “Arctower Landing”
- Feature – Code support for DLC to allow the additions of the Flamethrower and the Boltgun to multiplayer.
- Trophies – New trophies added for DLC pack III “Napalm and Cordite”.
- Feature – Detailed information screen when browsing games. Items displayed include: Friendly Fire, Faction Balancing, Custom Weapons and Custom Badges as well as the region, game size, selected maps and allowed Missions and Badges.
- Feature – Higher values for Bodycount mode. Players can now create games with 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 50, 100 and 200 points to increase the time of the mode for 32 player games.
- Feature – Moderators can now create double-points events.
- Fix for persistent squads now working correctly when users using separate Japanese accounts join Friends.
- New loading screens.
- Moderation – Additional powers and functionality for online moderators.
- Fix for Clan Leader leaving his clan before an active Tournament of Clan Challenge.
- Fix for score replication on different clients.
- Fix for a Clan Challenge results displaying a won/lost games as a ‘Draw’.
- Fix for incorrect Tournament timings being displayed for (semi)-final.
- Fix for an empty message pop-up being displayed.
- ‘High Precision Mode’ now defaulting when requested.
- Fix for stuttering audio on the Asian version.
- Fix for network error displayed when trying to log in with another users account.
- Fix to reduce network traffic and improve performance.
- Fix for occasionally being displayed an empty background when ‘Join Friend’ via Communications tab.
- Exploit – Pyrrhus Rise map boundary fix.
- Exploit – Radec Academy collision fix to prevent players being revived inside a pillar and using it to their advantage.
- Cosmetic fix for Medic Gun visual effects.
- Cosmetic fix for Search & Retrieve object being cloaked by the Scout.
- Cosmetic fix for Scouts body remaining cloaked after being mortally wounded (i.e. headshot).
- Gameplay – Damage from Sentry bots tweaked back on request of the community.
- Collection of minor code fixes.
For the latest new content, news and all things Killzone, visit www.Killzone.com which will also reflect the changes made to the game such as being able to view Battle Replays of games played out on the new maps or being able to use the new settings to create Clan Challenges or Tournaments. Further features and fixes to www.Killzone.com include:
- Feature – Tournaments – Full tournament functionality enabled once again.
- Feature – Upcoming Tournaments are now displayed in a clan’s calendar.
- Feature – Upcoming Tournaments are now displayed in My Killzone upcoming events.
- Feature – Upcoming Tournaments are now displayed in clan communication center.
- Feature – Tournament and Clan Challenge support for DLC Pack III “Napalm & Cordite”.
- Feature – Additions of sounds in Battle Replays.
- Feature – Additional animations in Battle Replays.
- PlayStation®3 landing page updated.
- Higher selectable Bodycount values when creating Tournaments or Clan Challenges via www.Killzone.com.
- Various bug-fixes and minor updates.