Posted

This Week On The SingStore (23 July 2009)

Hello again!

It’s time for the SingStore update and without further ado, let me introduce you to this week’s brand new tracks.

You asked for more Depeche Mode so you’ll be pleased to see ‘Everything Counts’ in this update, plus SingStar must-haves ‘Smooth Operator’ by Sade, Somebody To Love’ by Queen and Gloria Estefan’s ‘Dr. Beat’

Depeche Mode_Everything Counts

For all fans of the hottest tunes of the moment there’s Kasabian’s recent single ‘Fire’ plus some great tracks by The Coral, The Hold Steady and Coldplay.

Kasabian_Fire

Foreign language songs this week come from Finland, France, Spain, Portugal and the Netherlands in the shape of artists Happoradio, Quidam and Guus Meeuwis to name a few.

We’ve recently had some reports from the community about ‘Charmless Man’ by Blur being slightly out-of-synch. I’m glad to say that this has been fixed so if you have previously downloaded this track, please delete it from your hard drive and re-download it from the store anytime after Thursday and everything should be ‘nananananaaanaaaaa’ again.

Speak soon,

Nina x

In English:

• Adam Ant – “Goody Two Shoes”
  • Anna Abreu – “End of Love”
  • Coldplay – “Life In Technicolor ii”
  • Depeche Mode – “Everything Counts”
  • Gloria Estefan – “Dr. Beat”
  • Kasabian – “Fire”
  • Krezip – “Promise”
  • Lou Bega – “Mambo No. 5 (A Little Bit Of…)”
  • P!nk – “Family Portrait”
  • Pet Shop Boys – “You Only Tell Me You Love Me When You’re Drunk”
  • Queen – “Fat Bottomed Girls “
  • Queen – “I’m In Love With My Car “
  • Queen – “Somebody To Love “
  • Queen – “Tie Your Mother Down “
  • Queen – “You’re My Best Friend “
  • Roy Orbison – “I Drove All Night”
  • Sade – “Smooth Operator”
  • The 4 Of Us – “Mary”
  • The Coral – “In The Morning”
  • The Hold Steady – “Stay Positive”
  • Vaya Con Dios – “Time Flies”

SingStar Essentials – For Boys:

• MC Hammer – “U Can’t Touch This”
  • R.E.M – “Losing My Religion”
  • Radiohead – “High and Dry”
  • Scouting For Girls – “She’s So Lovely”
  • Supergrass – “Pumping on my stereo”

SingStar Essentials – For Girls:

• All Saints – “Never Ever”
  • Mel and Kim – “Respectable”
  • Meredith Brooks – “Bitch”
  • Sister Sledge – “We Are Family”
  • Whitney Houston – “Greatest Love Of All”

In Dutch:

• Guus Meeuwis – “Ik Tel Tot 3”
  • Guus Meeuwis – “Per Spoor”

In Finnish:

• Happoradio – “Che Guevara”
  • Happoradio – “Hirsipuu”

In French:

• Quidam – “Nos Souvenirs”

In Italian – Lost SongPack:

• “Ascolta”
  • “Nel Silanzio”
  • “Oggi”
  • “Standby”
  • “Tra Pioggia E Nuvole”

In Portuguese:

• Sérgio Godinho – “Dancemos No Mundo”

In Spanish:

• Ana Torroja – “Ya No Te Quiero”
  • Porretas – “Pongamos Que Hablo De Madrid”
60 Comments
16 Author replies

Thank you, I will pick up 2-3 of these. Any Norwegian songs on the to-do list in the future?

Thanks for the coldplay song.

PS: Was a medley ment to come with the coldplay songpack 2? I didn’t get one, but it said there is ment to be one, on the description for the songpack.

Nina Scherer 20 July, 2009 @ 17:09
2.1

Just downloading it now and having a look – it should definitely have a medley!

A pretty good update guys.

I’m just gonna put my request forward, again for any track, on the William Shatner Ben Folds produced Has Been album. I know there’s someone in the office who hears me loud and clear and thinks… YES, this is the time triumphantly!

Nina Scherer 20 July, 2009 @ 17:12
3.1

Thanks for the update!

Everything counts in large amounts… ;)

I guess this means an 11th Coldplay song on Singstar for me, and Mambo number 5, hooray!!
Been waiting for this for ages as I know it was on the French/Spanish initial Singstar disc on PS3. Hoping the Daft Punk tracks follow shortly!

alternativmuesli 20 July, 2009 @ 16:44

Finally another song of Kasabian. Thank you for this! But with the exception of this it’s one of the weakest updates.

Nina, I got a question. I’ve downloaded the Coldplay II songpack last time, but the medley doesn’t show up in the medley section of the song caroussel. I heard that other people have the same problem.

And in addition to this, it would be so nice to have songs of Passion Pit ;)

Nina Scherer 20 July, 2009 @ 17:13
6.1

See above on Coldplay – I have the same problem right now. Sorry – let me try and look into it and fix it asap!

Nina, last Friday night I went to a karaoke bar, in Soho actually, so just around the corner from the SCEE HQ. Anyway some friends and I really enjoyed our attempts to sing “California Love” by Dre Dre and Tupac. Anyway, I would like to relive this moment so would really like to see this track or any other hip-hop influenced music on the Singstore. Incidentally, the store is definitely lacking music of this genre – it might be more difficult to perform rap without lots of practise, but the fun-factor, especially when drunk, is excellent!

Yippee, another Pink track! :D

Also, I mentioned the Blur being out-of-sync thing to a friend of mine. They wanted me to pass onto you that Modest Mouse – “Ocean Breathes Salty” is also out of whack. I don’t own the track myself, but is there any chance you could have a look at it and check?

Nina Scherer 20 July, 2009 @ 17:13
8.1

Let me check it out.

imajinetion 20 July, 2009 @ 16:59

I would love it if you could access Singstore through the Playstation Store.

imajinetion: Why? It would be exactly the same, only you wouldn’t get the category sorting features or automatic video previews.

WhiteWolfDK 20 July, 2009 @ 17:11

I am wondering a thing – can you use the Singstore on all editions of SingStar – our oldest girl has the High School Music edition, I haven’t cheked, but would she be able to access the singstore from this or does she need some other editions?

//WhiteWolf

Nina Scherer 20 July, 2009 @ 17:25
11.1

Hi WhiteWolf,

I’m afraid the High School Musical game is not a SingStar disc and therefore she unfortunately won’t be able to access the SingStore with it.

Also, if you want to get access to the SingStore in future, you will need to make sure that you have a PS3 SingStar disc rather than a PS2 disc.

Hope this helps,

Nina

Looks like a pretty big update, and I’ll be getting a couple of those…but I doubt we’ll get the Queen tracks in America, huh?

Strangely I’ve been craving some Michael Jackson like everyone else.
Any possibility of getting SingStar Disney as downloads, me and my friends were disappointed that it was never released in the USA.

Thanks Nina!!

Hey, decent update but I don’t think I’ll get anything this week. Not enough Muse of Red Hot Chili Peppers. :P

Anyway, I have a question. How come all the European Countries are able to download “Freak on a Leash” by Korn, but Australia isn’t? Don’t we have the same tracklist?

Cheers Nina.

Nina Scherer 22 July, 2009 @ 10:18
13.1

Hey –

Usually you do have the same tracks, yes but for some reason the Korn track was banned in Oz. Doesn’t happen often but unfortunately, this is one of them!

ninax

WhiteWolfDK: You CAN access the SingStore from all PS3 editions of SingStar… but “High School Musical: Sing It!” isn’t actually a SingStar game. It’s made by a different company, so no SingStore. ;)

Nina: Thanks for checking out the Modest Mouse song. If you find out anything (either way) that I can pass onto my friend, just drop a comment on here and I’ll find it eventually. :)

Nina Scherer 20 July, 2009 @ 17:36
14.1

Hey – I just downloaded and played Modest Mouse and I don’t have any synching issues!?

Nice selection of songs, especially those recent Radiohead ones, what we need now is some Bruce Springsteen songs because everyone of his songs are just AMAZING!!!!

Nina Scherer 22 July, 2009 @ 10:18
15.1

BRUUUUUUCE! :)

Any news on the possibility of Pixies song? :)

Also some Little Boots or La Roux would be cool.

Thanks for another awesome update!

Thanks for checking it out anyway, Nina.

Their complaint was that they have to sing in advance of the song in order to score points. I’ll get them to check out their latency calibration settings in case it’s something in general that they’ve only noticed on this one song.

I’ll also purchase the song for myself and have a look. If I find any problems on my system I’ll get back to you.

Thanks again. :)

Nina Scherer 21 July, 2009 @ 10:22
18.1

Hey, so I heard back from back from our transcribers who checked the source files for any errors and everything’s in synch I’m afraid.

Nice update though none of the songs are ‘for me’. Some more Britney and Avril would be great though especially some of their more recent songs – Womanizer, Circus, If You Seek Amy, Radar, Girlfriend, The Best Damn Thing, Hot and When You’re Gone. *Gigantic hint, gigantic hint*

(Was that hint and song suggestion list obvious enough, I’m not sure.)

Anyway, I’ve always wondered and I’m not sure if you’re able to answer but when you’re getting music for Singstar games and the Singstore and the artists are ‘owned’ by Sony Music Entertainment/subsidary does the team have to pay licensing costs or is it a sort of ‘free’ thing? It would seem stupid to pay one part of the Sony company as it wouldn’t really effect the overall profit of the company. Or maybe I’m naive. Thanks if you can answer that question for me :).

Nina Scherer 22 July, 2009 @ 10:45
19.1

Hint received :)

Ahhh, it would be lovely if things were ‘free’ but unfortunately it doesn’t work like that.

VincentVendetta 20 July, 2009 @ 18:43

Sorry Nina I still don’t have the Coldplay II Medley here. But I don’t really care since I consider medleys the worst part about SingStar.

By the way, when are we gonna have French-canadian songs in SingStar? Artists like Numéro#, Jean Leloup, and Malajube.

/sigh

still no German songs.

Nina come get us some stuff…

What about Falco, MIA, Silbermond, Fanta 4, Rosenstolz, Die Ärzte and so on … we really would appreciate more stuff from them

from the English stuff i would suggest some Songs from Kosheen & Sophie Ellis Baxtor. these would make me happy too :)

WhiteWolfDK 20 July, 2009 @ 20:18

@ Nina & Tntnnbltn – Thanks for the answers, cleared the confusion up – when we bought the game for her it was listed on the website as a SingStar game, so I was just wondering – well, we just have to get her a real SingSar game then :)

//WhiteWolf

haha i was just downloading lots of songs last night and wondering why that queentrack wasn’t in there- *happy*

if i may, there’s 2 things i really miss on the otherwise oh so outstanding singstarexperience:

1.option to favoritize videos of other users, so you could find them easily back again.

2. a option to see the difference better between clips you downloaded on your harddrive and clips who are on your disk.

Nina,

I don’t know if you come back and check the replies the following day, but I also found issues with the Modest Mouse song on my system. I don’t want to crowd the comments section with this, so I’ll just direct you to this link: http://bit.ly/ss-timing

I explained the problem I observed, including a few pictures and a video. Hope this helps.

italiansongs 20 July, 2009 @ 20:34

I’m still hoping for those Laura Pausini songs to come on SingStar! By any chance we could get them soon? :)

My little bro asked for the following songs:
Aerosmith – Dream on
Queen – Friends will be friends
The Offspring – You’re gonna go far, kid
James Morrison feat. Nelly Furtado – Broken strings

Thanks again!!

ShinyGoldfish 20 July, 2009 @ 20:51

“Blue jean baby,
L.A. lady,
Seamstress for the band.

Pretty eyed,
pirate smile,
you’ll marry a music man.

Ballerina,
you must have seen her,
dancing in the sand

And now she’s in me,
always with me,
Tiny Dancer in my hand…”

Please, Pretty please ;-)

Show full comment

“Blue jean baby,
L.A. lady,
Seamstress for the band.

Pretty eyed,
pirate smile,
you’ll marry a music man.

Ballerina,
you must have seen her,
dancing in the sand

And now she’s in me,
always with me,
Tiny Dancer in my hand…”

Please, Pretty please ;-)

I’m not very satisfied with this update, but there are still a few must-have songs I haven’t bought yet, so… I keep my fingers crossed for the next update.
P.S. And (surprise?) I want the Beaaaaatleeeeessss ;(

Awesome = Roy Orbison – “I Drove All Night”

If anyone wants to stop by my singstar profile, I’ll return the favor if you leave a comment on my page just saying hi or something.
I’m in need of views and ratings so I can get the trophies.

Check me under saintaqua.

Can we have the script songs please?

Croopnick_PL 20 July, 2009 @ 21:50

OMG!!!!!
MC Hammer – “U Can’t Touch This”
I LOVE THAT!!!!
too bad I don’t have singstar on PS3…yet :)
Thanks some much for that!!
Can’t touch this!

Another weekend with a little singstar get together has passed and it was bunches of fun, but there are just things that keep making friendsevents a burden, so here some requests to the dev team (although i realize this is just a store post):

– Disc swapping
If you actually get a bunch of people together to have a great time, having the songs split onto multiple discs is just total fail, everyone want’s a song from another disc. PLEASE, do something that will let us copy the content to the HD, make a mandatory 48 (or less nice, 24) hour authentication or something along those lines. We constantly had to swap 6 discs and that was a royal pita :/

– DL Songs
give us an option to separate, or delist the downloaded titles. it is very cumbersome to swap a disc only to have half the songlist not change and thus always having to switch through the same batch of songs. i can only think of this getting worse down the line while adding more dl titles.

oh pretty please singstar team, make it h...

Show full comment

– Disc swapping

– DL Songs

oh pretty please singstar team, make it happen !

Nina Scherer 22 July, 2009 @ 10:49
32.1

Yep – as you know you’re not the only one to mention disc-swapping :) The team are aware but I have no info on if and when something like this will be possible. Sorry!

Thanks for the Depeche Mode song but I rather have songs from Violator. This is a bit to old for my tast.

Could I convert my PS2 songdisk to the HD of my ps3 and play them straight from that menu? I just hate changing disks!

Hey Singstar Team where’s the Second Roxette Pack? I heard the news at daily roxette… Here’s the link: http://www.dailyroxette.com/node/18683
And when are you going to give us more famous P!nk songs like “Sober”, “Please Don’t Leave Me”, “U + Ur Hand”, “Who Knew”, “Stupid Girls”, “Feel Good Time”, “Trouble”, “God is a DJ” and “Don’t Let Me Get Me”? Or a Pi!nk Songpack maybe? Please answer me asap. Thanks!

Nina Scherer 22 July, 2009 @ 10:53
34.1

Soon for Roxette, I promise!

polite_society 21 July, 2009 @ 02:22

Woo! More Depeche Mode = happiness.

I still hope that you might be able to release “The Bravery – Believe” on the au store one day. Though I would imagine it was probably a licensing issue.

Also some Cure would be nice :)

Shakira please! She’s from Sony Music!!! :)

Hi
Would The Script or Hilary Duff be coming to the singstore soon?
I’d love Viva La Vida as well.
Thanks

Can you please get some Josh Pyke?

I have the Modest Mouse track Ocean Breathes Salty and it plays fine on my end too @Tntnnbltn

Not a bad update, yay for P!nk

Even though I love the feature of allowing PS2 Singstar playback, the inability to upload has always bugged me. Is it possible Nina to release either all PS2 songs or song packs to compensate for this as I am willing to buy them to replace the old PS2 discs.

Also Nina if possible can you please let me know why there is not a single dance track release on Singstore, I am aiming at Cascada (as it was on Pop Hits PS2) also foreign countries have Basshunter which I would like us to have too if possible.

Thanks for all your help!

Nina Scherer 22 July, 2009 @ 10:56
40.1

Hi,

As content for discs and the SingStore are two different things entirely it may not be possible to release all disc tracks onto the store. We try though….

nx

PortugasPanelas 21 July, 2009 @ 09:09

Very good update Nina, thanks :)

Mambo number 5!!! Great!

I’m going to ask one more time for the song “Daft Punk- One More TIme) :p

Bye!

Doughnut007 21 July, 2009 @ 14:43

mambo number 5 we will be getting ,love that song
please PLEASE can we have some disco in the sing store ,everyone loves disco please nina take us back to the 70s pleeeeeeeeease :)

Nina Scherer 22 July, 2009 @ 11:02
43.1

How about downloading some ‘Chic – Good Times’, ‘Sister Sledge – Lost in Music’ or ‘Earth, Wind and Fire – Boogie Wonderland’ to get you started? :)

@Nina:
Okay. Thanks once again for taking the time to check this out, even if it turned out to be nothing. :)

:( no german singers…. monrose, no angels, queensberry etc….? :(

Good update. It’s always nice to have more Coldplay. Are there any plans on putting “Viva La Vida” on the store. It was only available on a UK disc, so having the German versions of the SingStar discs, I’m still missing that one ;)

Also, are there any plans on putting more German songs to the store, as we haven’t seen some for a while.

Nina Scherer 22 July, 2009 @ 11:40
46.1

Always trying… :)

I would like to see “This is my life” from Amy MacDonald and “Viva la Vida” from Coldplay.

“This is my life” is in the Singstar vol 3 for PS3, but not in Spain!!!! We need it in the Singstore…

Hi!!! Another good selection of songs for Singstore. Roy Orbison – I Drove All Night and spanish songs REALLY NICE!!!

Nina, there are a few users that, after upgrade 4.10, still having same problem with Friend List on Singstar. In WarData for example, appears 35 friends while we have 96 friends with Singstar.

We hope you can help us and thanks for day-by-day better Singstore updates. We are waiting for Latin Hits as Shakira, Ricky Martin, Marc Anthony, Gloria Estefan spanish songs…and similar…Thanks!!!

See you, WarData

Guus Meeuwis..??? OMG. that’s amazing! thanks
KedengKedeng!!! ;)

I would like you to put any of Madonna’s songs.
Nice update, though

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history