Judging from what we read in the comments and the response to our MAG leadership trailer earlier this month, your trigger fingers are itching to wage into battle in the biggest multiplayer shooter ever seen on a console.
Enabling 256 players to occupy the same battlefield is no small feat, and Zipper Interactive now needs to test the game’s servers. This is where you come in (cue Uncle Sam poster).
To sign up for the MAG beta, head to eu.playstation.com/competitions and follow the instructions. That’s it – no questions or puzzles, just one big beta free-for-all.
A few things to consider:
- Up to 16,000 Promotional Codes will be distributed via email on a first come, first served basis. They will be sent out in weekly batches, so don’t give up hope if you don’t get yours straight away
- This is a beta, not a demo. This version of the game will contain bugs and other problems; these will be fixed before the game’s release
- The beta will be open for six hours a day, Monday to Friday. These times are 5pm to 8pm and midnight to 3am, GMT (although they may vary)
- Check the terms and conditions at eu.playstation.com/terms before applying to see if your region is included
- You cannot sign up to the beta via the PS3 browser. Sign ups are currently PC (and Mac) only.
I’m looking forward to seeing your foreheads at the centre of my cross hairs.