This post has now been updated with the accurate content list for the DLC.
Today, we are very happy to announce the COLD FRONT downloadable pack for SOCOM: Confrontation. Loaded with new features and content, this pack brings a brand new snowy Eastern European area of operations into play with two all new maps and three classic SOCOM maps for 16 to 32 players. The classic maps are drawn from some of the most popular SOCOM maps of all time, each built from the ground up for the PS3!
Kit yourself out in snow gear and fight your way through blizzard conditions, joining a team of mercenaries or a squad from one of the world’s top Special Forces regiments including the Russian Spetsnaz.
Try your hand at Arms Run, a new game mode that features randomly placed missile launchers that must be activated or destroyed, depending on which side you’re fighting for.
Employ the new thermal vision scope weapon attachment to track your enemies’ heat signatures – vital in the dark and useful in daylight for picking out white camouflaged adversaries. In addition, we have new primary weapons to make use of and new attachments.
All told, this pack will have:
- New Russian / Eastern European Area of Operation
- Snow setting complete with snow effects, snow gear, and thermal vision
- New ARMS RACE gameplay mode
- 5 New Maps
- Night Stalker
- All new mercenaries characters with new looks and new VO
- New Special Forces squad, the Russian Spetsnaz
- Gun turrets emplacements
- New music
- All new character specialization/progression system
- Allows players to pick a primary and secondary specialization and unlock new equipment exclusive to those specializations
- New weapons, including:
- 3 new weapons
- 6 enhanced versions of weapons available as part of the new weapons specialization system
- 2 new weapon attachments (including the thermal scope)
- 5 enhanced versions of weapon attachments also available as part of the new weapons specialization system.
- 2 new grenade launcher ammo types (flash and smoke)
- New Trophies
Stand by. More information on this COLD FRONT DLC will be coming your way soon.