I know a lot of you have been asking for an update on when the SOCOM: Confrontation ‘Cold Front’ Expansion Pack will be launching in SCEE. So I just wanted to let you know that this will be available in all our stores from the 7th of January 2010 with pricing to be confirmed shortly.
The ‘Cold Front’ expansion pack is loaded with a number of new features and content. Check out what’s included in the new download pack below:
- New Russian / Eastern European Area of Operation
- Snow setting complete with snow effects
- New snow gear and camo for both the Special Forces and Mercenaries
- Thermal vision
- New ARMS RUN gameplay mode
- 5 New Maps: Uprising, Entrapment, Blizzard, Night Stalker, Vigilance
- All new mercenaries characters with new looks and new VO.
- New Special Forces squad, the Russian Spetsnaz
- Gun turrets emplacements
- New music
- All new character specialisation/progression system allows players to pick a primary and secondary specialization and unlock new equipment exclusive to those specializations
- New weapons, including: 3 new weapons, 6 enhanced versions of weapons available as part of the new weapons specialisation system, 2 new weapon attachments (including the thermal scope), 5 enhanced versions of weapon attachments also available as part of the new weapons specialization system.
- 2 new grenade launcher ammo types (flash and smoke)
- New Trophies