GT5 Cover Announcement

Firstly may I take the opportunity to wish a Happy New Year to all Gran Turismo fans.

To kick start the year I have some news for those eagerly anticipating all things related to the world of the ‘real driving simulator’.

We can confirm the cover for this year’s must-have title will feature what some motoring journalists are acclaiming as the car of 2010 – the Mercedes Benz SLS AMG.

Gran Turismo 5 Packshot

The SLS is due to be officially launched at Mercedes-Benz dealerships across Europe in March. A spiritual successor to the 1954 300SL Gullwing, the SLS is every bit as astounding a piece of
automotive engineering as the original 300SL was in its heyday. The statistics are no less impressive either; the power behind those graceful looks is delivered by a 6.3 litre V8 which propels the supercar from 0-60 in just 3.8 seconds and on to a top speed close to 200mph.

The SLS is one of the first cars to be entirely designed by Mercedes Benz’s AMG division and their tuning expertise is clearly evident in the handling of the car which has been variously described by the motoring media as hugely engaging and utterly exciting.

This dynamic and groundbreaking vehicle was a natural choice to grace the cover of Gran Turismo 5 and we expect it to be a hell of a lot of fun to drive and race in the game.

Whet your appetite with some screenshots of this drop-dead gorgeous aluminium supermodel and keep a look out for further news on Gran Turismo 5 and the SLS AMG on PlayStation Blog.

Gran Turismo 5 Gran Turismo 5

Gran Turismo 5 Gran Turismo 5

Gran Turismo 5 Gran Turismo 5

65 Comments
0 Author replies

good lord. that cover art is simply stunning! can’t wait for the game :-D

Cool!

IISanitariumII 06 January, 2010 @ 17:29

Wow, i’m now even more stoked. Great job to Sony and polyphony digital. I will be purchasing the new GT steering wheel as well just to show my love and appreciation whoop whoop!

beautifull

Awesome!

Can’t wait for this! Please let it be here before summer…

Hello SCEE,
can you give us a release date?

Handige_Harry 06 January, 2010 @ 17:31

so we got a cover but no release Date. How cool is that!

Cover art is really cool, awesome job!

Now…. release date? (Please?)

corpocannibal 06 January, 2010 @ 17:35

Let´s hope that this one is a real GT. I´m getting tired of crappy demos.

So we can we expect to pick this box off the shelf in Europe?

Ups, the car body plate doesn’t seem to be very good on the SLS – I can see the steering wheel through it :-)

That’s some great cover art right there :)

I love the cover :D

Nice cover but we all want the release date :)

Killa_Cobra_ST 06 January, 2010 @ 17:41

Awesome, definitely my most awaited game of this year and probably of PS3’s lifetime

So awesome….just need the release date now…

Are there any details about the special edition box set? Any details on this?

I want to pre-order and amazon.co.uk don’t have this yet, but amazon france and I think usa do.

Dwibble on my chin.

Beautiful cover, now please tell us something about de game and if you can tell us the relese date aproximately better :).

LOVE IT.

Nice car! Any release date for europe? Not november hu?

Beautiful cover. Polyphony Digital always deliver on all fronts with their game. Arigatou Kazunori-san !

I know this is far from set in stone but I have GT5 on pre-order from amazon and I had an email from them a few weeks back with an updated delivery estimate of March 26th – 28th 2010.

fantastic, now release date please i can not wait for this game to be released.

addyjones1234 06 January, 2010 @ 18:11

what a great cover,a ny details ont he leaked special edition though, i’m a sucker for a special ed :D

as others have asked have you got an EU date for us? hope it’s after feb/march as I need to pay for a few games in them two months :(

Oh my-

Releasedate!!!

Beautiful, wonderful, exactly what the game deserves. The style really makes it feel like a GT game.

BUT SCEE, please do not slap an ugly PSN circle anywhere on it. The cover would totally be ruined!

That cover works very well. It blends in nicely with the PS3 logo. The black, blue and red colours are nicely balanced. Well done!

That’s how you design a cover. Incredible.

almighty-slayer 06 January, 2010 @ 18:37

Soooo hot.

I want it now :(

Good stuff Mr T,i’m guessing a proper media blow out and dates are getting close.

So we have a cover, does this mean that the game is coming very soon?

O M G that cover looks amazing, cant wait till GT5 its a real petrol heads game and i cannot WAIT ! :D

SEXY! ;-P DAY 1! ;-P

Oh yeah, when are we going to get the Asia game show trailer…

Rude_Sparthan 06 January, 2010 @ 19:18

..my god is awesome…… ;o) ..now please some new footage info release date everything you can!!! ..I can’t wait… :o)

giantkiller01 06 January, 2010 @ 19:21

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

give us a day one worldwide release for this game! none of this Japan gets it first, then america in May then the EU maybe in August sometime.

Pull any funny stuff and i’m importing a copy from Japan.

VonBraunschweigg 06 January, 2010 @ 19:24

Nice cover, but a proper EU releasedate would be nicer to know. Perhaps an explanation too: why do the fans in the West have to wait longer for this game? The game isn’t text heavy, pretty much everything is already translated since Prologue, and most cars & tracks have originally English names – it would make more sense when the good people of Japan had to wait a little longer for their version, wouldn’t you say?
Ofcourse PD and Sony are Japanese, I understand Japan will get the game as early as possible but hey, this is your #1 fanbase Europe overhere, a patient lot, but we do appreciate some explanation…why the wait?

Same with the God of War collection by the way, no news. Demon’s Souls, there isn’t a single European RPG fan not willing to play the English US version, but no. No news on a EU releasedate or if it will be released here at all. I know I can import games, but…ah, nevermind.

xKillerMonkeyx 06 January, 2010 @ 19:31

Nice cover which suits an awesome game like GT5

Meh. I’m sure a whole team of people agonised over this decision for hours, days… maybe even weeks. But to be honest, I don’t really care much about cover art. I look at it ‘properly’ only once, when I buy the game. After that, I rarely give it a second glance. My games are in a rack, so the spine is what gets the most viewing… as far as I’m concerned, the cover could just be blank, plain white with the name of the game.

A release date and a damn good game are the only things I’m particularly interested in. While we may need to wait for the former, I’m sure GT5 won’t disappoint on the latter.

theshepanator 06 January, 2010 @ 19:59

Brilliant, so the car on the cover is being released in march? is that a hint at an EU date?

I WANNA HAVE THIS! :D

I want to know wats in the collectors edition!

great!!!

GT 5 will be massive! look at this! From Official Playstation Magazine:

* 1,000+ vehicles
* All vehicles have modeled cockpits (170 premium cars will have interior damage modeling)
* All vehicles will have both physical and mechanical damage modeling
* Indy (IRL) cars and tracks
* NASCAR cars and track
* Up to 16 players online
* High-definition video uploads directly to YouTube
* Multi-display rendering
* Head-tracking
* Full weather and night racing on all tracks
* Night/Day on all tracks

Great box art!

However whenever a company shows the box art it always comes alongside the release date. A few examples are; Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, MAG, Rachet and Clank:ACIT, etc all these games revealed their box art and release date in the same blog post. For future reference please do this. ;)

GuttermouthSIN 06 January, 2010 @ 20:50

That’s beautiful. I’m guessing if it’s already been rated by PEGI, the game can’t be that far off, so a possible simultaneous worldwide release could be on the cards.

It’s wonderful !!!
OMG Polyphony Digital , U R SO GREAT !

Hi fans,
if the official EU and US cover is published, the release date is very close to be unveiled !
March 2010 for ALL Regions ? Please Sony, don’t give to me an heartbreak !

the cover art looks absolutely fantastic. i hope sony has still has some more suprises and tricks up it’s sleeves

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history