Posted

This Week On The SingStore (11 March 2010)

Welcome!

It’s time to get your mics out and rock that lounge with T-Rex’s ’20th Century Boy, mix it up with some ‘Funky Cold Medina’ or hang out with Martha And The Muffins on ‘Echo Beach’.

Foreign language songs this week are in German, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Finnish and Dutch from artists such as Laith Al-Deen, Bebe, Mauro Scocco and Benny Neyman.

I hope all our French language singers will be happy, too with no less than seven tracks released this week including ‘Tes Cicatrices’ by Manu and ‘J’traîne des pieds’ by Olivia Ruiz.

You’ll also notice that the list below now indicates which tracks are published worldwide including SCEA territories plus any other specific regional release information you might be interested in.

And don’t forget: it’s still time to enter our fantastic Stereophonics competition but you’ll have to hurry as it closes this Thursday. To be automatically entered, all you have to do is perform and upload any song from the Stereophonics SongPack anytime from now until Thursday, 11/03/2010. Couldn’t be easier, right?

Keep on checking the blog, ingame and singstargame.com for more info and the announcement of the finalists.

Until next time,

Tiki TaaneAlways On My MindWorldwide
Tone LocFunky Cold Medina

Tone Loc - Funky Cold Medina

Martha adn the Muffins - Echo Beach T.Rex - 20th Century Boy

Lisa Loeb - Stay

In German

Die Fantastischen VierDie Da!?!
Die Fantastischen VierDer Picknicker
Die Fantastischen VierMfG – Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Laith Al-DeenEs Wird Nicht Leicht Sein
HöhnerWenn Nicht Jetzt, Wann Dann (Weltmeister Version)?

Die Fantastischen Vier - Die Da!!

In French

TiktakHeilutaan

In Swedish

Mauro ScoccoOm Du Var Min

Mauro Scocco - Om Du Var Min

46 Comments
17 Author replies

not a lot of english songs this week but thanks for the update as usual :)

The update is not as good as I imagined but I’m ok by now… Nina, thanks for posting the availability of the songs for each territory… I’m still waiting for great singers to appear in the singstore (Beyoncé, Christina Aguilera, Nelly Furtado, Mariah Carey and Shakira). In the meantime, Is it possible to see songs from Wanessa (brazilian singer) in the singstore? I was really looking forward to sing Fly feat. Ja Rule and Meu Momento (Let Me Live). Cheers :D

Nina Scherer 09 March, 2010 @ 15:14
2.1

No problem!

Mhh, all of the ones you mention are not possible at the moment but you never know, maybe something will change soon.

Will see if Wanessa is possible.

Hi Nina! Firstly I would like to thank you for this update. Two new French songs is very nice! I have some questions for you:
First you have received the wishlist of the French desire for the month of February 2010? This wishlist was given to Aurelien Poma. Then you can tell me the exact rules for benefit of 5 additional video sites in addition to 5 videos allowed? Are you aware that the song “You’re my heart, you’re my soul Modern Talking suffered a decline in the volume of sound on the end of the song? And finally you can say a few words to the French community to reassure them? As was my custom I will translate all your responses to keep them informed. Thank you very much Nina! And I wish you a good day for the day of women!

Nina Scherer 09 March, 2010 @ 15:19
3.1

Hiya,

Thanks for continuing to send wishlists on behalf of the French SingStar community. As I mentioned before, are always working on getting more French (and other foreign language) content and you guys will be the first to know because I will announce it on here :)

The Modern Talking issue is fixed from our side so please re-download this after the next update has gone live on Thursday.

Merci,

Nina

Alcest-Wizard 08 March, 2010 @ 17:54

nice update ;)
do you know if there will be amy macdonald song in a near future? :)

Nina Scherer 09 March, 2010 @ 15:19
4.1

Thanks. Not sure yet. Possibly…

Can we expect any norwegian songs any time soon? -or even english songs that norwegians are familiar with?

Not much for me this week. :( Still hoping you’ll be able to get some of the Australian/New Zealand artists I’ve recommended here in the past. I understand that these things take time however.

Speaking of which, my recommendation for this week is Australian band Grinspoon. In particular, their songs “Better Off Alone”, “Hard Act To Follow” and “Chemical Heart”. Fingers crossed.

P.S. Thanks for the region availablity, though.

Nina Scherer 09 March, 2010 @ 15:22
6.1

They do indeed… :)

Any news on some Foo Fighters/ Red Hot Chilli Peppers? Even some Metalica. Singstar Oasis would be amazing too.

I don’t ask for much do I :D

Nina Scherer 09 March, 2010 @ 15:23
7.1

No you don’t (well, yes, you do) :)

Not any artist i like.
But i’m happy i already got my Stereophonics Pack :)

MrYouAreDead 08 March, 2010 @ 18:29

Hey Nina, thanks for the update although there is only one song I will download (1,2 step). I agree with jelly_bean hoping there will be more “populair” and “mainstream” artists, which songs are known all-around! Cu in two weeks!
Alex

Hi Nina,

7 french songs in 1 update is very cool (even if 5 of them come from a previous songpack, and 1 comes from PS2 disc)…
We can see that you don’t forget non-speaking english countries!!
BUT (yes, there is still a “but”), the only new french song in this update is totally unknown!!! I don’t speak for myself, I asked a lot of people and nobody knows “Manu – tes cicatrices” !!!

I really hope next time it will be more popular and mainstream french artists!!!
Thank again for adding 7 french songs!!!
See you in 15 days (still hoping for great french songs…)

Nina Scherer 09 March, 2010 @ 15:25
10.1

We try, we try, always try! ;)

Can’t say 8 songs really excites me :(

a small update….. but it’s got Funky Cold Medina!

only 8 english songs ? -_-

hmmmmmm…..just the one song for me this week :(

How about some Bruce Springsteen, Guns n Roses, George Michael (for Miss Zaz honest), Oasis, Michael Jackson, The Shins, Foo Fighters…the list could go on and on and on and on and on and on ;)

Nina Scherer 11 March, 2010 @ 10:49
14.1

That would unfortunately be a no at the moment!

There are so many great Donna Summer songs you could have on Singstar, suprised there is not even one :(

Posted this in the last update, but should’ve posted it here:

Hey Nina,

You’re doing a great job! Sorry everyone directs all of their anger towards you! Here are some requests to add to the list. Any chances we could see:

More American Boybands (N Sync/Backstreet Boys/98 Degrees/O-Town etc)
More New Kids On The Block
More Five
More Lady Gaga
More Aqua
More/Newer Kylie Minogue
Prozzak
Bon Jovi
Sugar Ray
Taylor Swift
Third Eye Blind
Vengaboys

And my number one request: S CLUB 7! (S Club Party!! or Bring It All Back/Don’t Stop Movin)

If you have the chance would love to hear what the chances of these are. Especially S Club and Boy Bands. Would make our Singstar party nights even better!

Keep up the good work!

Show full comment

Posted this in the last update, but should’ve posted it here:

Hey Nina,

More American Boybands (N Sync/Backstreet Boys/98 Degrees/O-Town etc)
More New Kids On The Block
Third Eye Blind
Vengaboys

Keep up the good work!

Nina Scherer 09 March, 2010 @ 15:27
16.1

Well, thank you.

If you ask for S Club one more time though… Only joking. Will see what the situation is on the above AND S Club 7 :)

I know some people will be very pleased to see Mauro Scocco on the singstore. Please upload more Swedish songs in the future! :D You’re doing a great job!

Hi Nina. In the face of comments insulting, vulgar and offensive, do not you think that a new option to block certain users to other would not be welcome? A blacklist of the same style as the ignored player option on the XMB. This option would avoid repeated conflicts that pollute MySingstar Online! Does this idea will be developed? or what is not yet considered? Thank you for your reply. Singstar is a game, shame that some people spoil the experience for this game

Nina Scherer 09 March, 2010 @ 15:30
18.1

I agree, it’s not nice if some people spoil the game for others. Rest assured though, out moderation team is on the case and is doing a great job at monitoring activity behind the scenes and also take action when they need to.

Please continue to use the report grief functionality in game.

EL FARY ES DIOS

In MySingstar Online, there are many limitations. Comments 100 max for a profile, max 500 members for a club. Could it be that these limits be increased?

Is this an online duel mode will exist in Singstar in the coming months? Karaoke Revolution has the duel online, but the score of the opponent does not appear on the second loan, there is an offset of 15 seconds. Do you do better?

In any case I really want to thank you for all your responses.

rowlystravel 09 March, 2010 @ 16:13

The script – Break Even. pleeeeeeease

Its practically the best thing you could ever do for me!!

O, and any jobs going?!? ;-)

I would love to sing Marina and the Diamonds songs.
PLEASEEEEEEEEEE !

Would like to see some more Dutch/Belgian songs :(
And more decent ones…
The songs we have nog are all from the 80’s.

worst update ever!!!
I’m afraid that singstar is dead yet…

I almost laughed out loud when I saw Benny Neyman. I bet most of the current generation, not to mention my generation, hardly even know any songs by him. Given, I’m in my twenties, but still. Almost laughing out loud.

That being said, it would be great if there was some sort of special deal with a currently running talent show, or for something in the future, like for example, Idol or X-Factor. Perhaps even only the memorable ones for a song pack, where certain songs get re-recorded for SingStar.

Not the best update. But thanks for all the effort you put into the updates Nina. My number one request is Hilary Duff (So Yesterday or Wake Up). Please Nina.

Getting a little annoyed with the “French” comments here. I realize we all want songs we know and like – and that includes songs in our respective languages, but these constant comments every week, requests for a little “speech” and constant demands for more (even when there is almost more French songs than English songs in this update!) are starting to rub at me.

And I’m starting to wonder if it might be negatively affecting the songs in other languages (including English) that is made available if so much effort is being put into satisfying the very, very, very vocal French people.

Eh. Still love Singstar and Nina for all the work she does for us all :) This week was a *really* weak update though unless you happen to be French (or at least Spanish/Portuguese/German). Well my wallet will appreciate it at least, and it’s not like I don’t have lots and lots of songs already so skipping a week won’t hurt ^^

Nina Scherer 11 March, 2010 @ 11:14
28.1

Hiya Kazper-DK,

Just wanted to get back to you with regards to foreign language content. Let me assure you that we divide our time equally between all wishlists and territories when it comes to getting songs for the store.

It’s just that sometimes things clear all at once which means we will release them as soon as that happens.

Hope this explains things a little bit and there’ll be something in the next update for you again :)

Ninax

This update is bad. I’ll be getting probably 3 songs the most. By the way, how is it that Rock Band gets Lady Gaga’s, Bad Romance and Monster so fast and it takes at least a year for Singstar to get new songs? Lips Party Classics and 80’s discs has an amazing setlist. I sure hope we see some of those songs in the Singstore soon even though many of them are in a Singstar game. Let’s all hope the next Singstore update is better.

Will we ever get some more Spice Girls

Hello Nina. Many of us have more than 200 songs in their carousel. Difficult time getting together. Does an improved carousel is planned? One can imagine a sort media (disk or download) and sorted by language (English songs, French songs ,…) The R3 and L3 buttons could be used. Thank you in advance for your reply. Kisses

MonsterRacer 10 March, 2010 @ 08:51

Hi Nina,

It’s not a big update this time, the only one i will take will be

Benny Neyman – Ik Weet Niet Hoe

When will we get the songs from the dutch starterpack as singles, i’m still waiting for:

Abel – Onderweg
Clouseau – Anne
Clouseau – Daar gaat ze (from the starterpack disc)

Any chance for some more 2 unlimited, we have No Limit at the store.
Did you listen to the new song: In Da Name Of Love?

you can listen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wb0Xz7Rp6A

Only they are not called 2 unlimited but Ray & Anita.

Would be cool if we get some more songs of them

Show full comment

Hi Nina,

It’s not a big update this time, the only one i will take will be

Benny Neyman – Ik Weet Niet Hoe

Abel – Onderweg
Clouseau – Anne
Clouseau – Daar gaat ze (from the starterpack disc)

Any chance for some more 2 unlimited, we have No Limit at the store.
Did you listen to the new song: In Da Name Of Love?

you can listen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wb0Xz7Rp6A

Only they are not called 2 unlimited but Ray & Anita.

Would be cool if we get some more songs of them

Hi Nina, I posted the following message last week, but it might have been overlooked. Could you please give me a feedback. Thank you.

Hi Nina,

Been a big fan of singstar for years now. Was hoping to make a little wish list and pehaps to get some feedback whether these songs or artist have a chance to making it to the singstore.

Bon Jovi
Faith Hill
Nickelback
Tracy Chapman
Gabrielle
Bryan Adams
3 Doors Down (more songs added)
Seether ft. Evanescance (Broken)
Journey (Don’t Stop Believing)
Miley Cyrus (The Climb)

Thanks and keep up the good work Singstar!!

Show full comment

Hi Nina,

Bon Jovi
Faith Hill
Nickelback
Tracy Chapman
Gabrielle
Bryan Adams
3 Doors Down (more songs added)
Seether ft. Evanescance (Broken)
Journey (Don’t Stop Believing)
Miley Cyrus (The Climb)

Thanks and keep up the good work Singstar!!

Nina Scherer 11 March, 2010 @ 11:27
33.1

Hi,

Sorry I didn’t respond but I can’t respond to ALL posts every week – otherwise you won’t have any songs in the store anymore :)

As I can only repeat – some artists you mention above are more likely than others but I can’t give you any specics. Things change all the time and we might get some tracks tomorrow that weren’t possible last year – but then again we might not :(.

Cheers,

Nina

You have Tiki Taane added this week!!! Singstar’s Kiwi fans (and trust me, there are A LOT) will love you for that!!!

Always On My Mind is a local classic, I’d suggest it to all international fans of Singstar as well.

Also good to see Lisa Loeb – one of my faves from Singstar 90s and Ciara (I think it’s her first addition to the store).

Nina Scherer 11 March, 2010 @ 11:18
34.1

Have fun with those ones on the other side of the world! :)

amplifiedAnt 10 March, 2010 @ 14:50

Eight English songs? EIGHT?!

I give up.

Nina Scherer 11 March, 2010 @ 11:20
35.1

Sorry – maybe you will like something next time round!

Hello my dear Nina. It would be of interest to have scores on the videos and listen transferred profiles MySingstar Online. So when we listened to or viewed media Transferred known by what score he noted. So we can do next competitions organized by the same style of Team Communauty Playstation. And it especially helps prevent cheating, people who make high scores by singing lalalalalalala. A replay with the score obtained rekindle the interest of the game! What do you Nina?

Hi there Nina!

Are there any possibilities to get some more Lady gaga, Timbaland, Britney Spears or Pussycat Dolls? I’m a HUGE Singstar fan, but lately the updates have been a little, ehm… disappointing ;)

Thanks!!

Nina Scherer 12 March, 2010 @ 12:33
37.1

Maybe, maybe :)

Nina Excuse me if I ask many questions. In France I have a website and try to provide information on Singstar every day. But as you can see my questions are general and they do not relate to a country or a specific language. I also understand that you can not answer all the questions. But thank you even when. It’s very nice of you to take your time for players of the game Singstar. I have another question: Does mode 4 simultaneous players is under consideration? With the launch of two new wireless microphones singstar another color? (yellow and green and more blue and red?)
Thanks Nina!!

Nina Scherer 12 March, 2010 @ 12:35
38.1

Hi, we have lots of things in development all the time but I am not able to give you any further information than that.

Be sure that you guys will be the first to know hthe minute anythng new is being released :) Until then, I’m aftaid you have to be patient!

I want to respond to the commentary Kazper-DK. If I write regular reviews here is simply because I love playing Singstar and I want to give maximum information to the French community. Nina share her excellent response and a source of valuable information! And I thank her again. Now if I am fighting to have more songs in French it’s true. But everyone here can do for his own language. We have created a website, we created a group on facebook, we’re very good relationship with the Team Communauty. But all this work was not done overnight and it had given much of our time. But what joy to see our community satisfied with our work! I have nothing against other languages, however. And if someone wants to help his country in what we did for France there is no problem. Just contact me.

Hey, where IS the Dutch wishlist anyway? I mean, all other languages have official wishlists on various sites I don’t even know about, and if you’re saying that you go trough all wishlists, there must be a Dutch wishlist, and if there is one, someone must have suggested Benny Neyman, and if somebody suggested Benny Neyman, I think the one who suggested Benny Neyman should get his behind dragon kicked into the milky way.

And I also agree with MonsterRacer. Even though I did buy the starters pack (only to play SingStar Take That) I feel that these songs should be available to all.

Maybe we should all create a special Dutch SingStar wishlist Hyves page (*cough*As if there are Dutch employees working for the team scouring for SingStar wishlists who also have Hyves*cough*).

Nina Scherer 17 March, 2010 @ 16:58
40.1

Hi there. When I talk about wishlists I mean our internal list for the store – we just call it that (nice, isn’t it? :)).

Requests come from all different directions but mostly from the territory where local content is concerned, so… someone over there must have thought Benny Neyman is really popular :)

I also keep an eye on anything community requests so if you request something here we will try and look at it for the store (but obviously not everything will make it for various reasons).

tomfoolery_101 15 March, 2010 @ 08:16

Hey Nina nice update! Tone Loc, yay! – can we get some more songs from the early disc’s, any will do, but mostly I’d like to see Love Shack by the B52’s and Groove Is In The Heart by Dee lite…. I may have mentioned them before.

Nina Scherer 17 March, 2010 @ 16:51
41.1

Whatever we can get we will :)

Since it appears that we have no where to voice our requests on the US blog, I will post here from now on if that is ok.

Please for the US store could we get:

Michael Jackson (PS3 disc would be best)
Spanish artist that are/were big in Mexico (Mana, Sakura, Selena, etc).
Artists like Depeche Mode, The Cure, and Lady Gaga from the UK store.
Anberlin (more!)

One more request

is there a chance of getting “Glee” (tv show) songs in Singstar?

there are several posts in the US forums asking about this and my wife and I would really enjoy Glee on Singstar as well.

Thanks again.

PS I would ask about the wireless mics, but I imported :)

When is the next Update?

25 March 2010

noodle-noggin 31 March, 2010 @ 14:18

Hey Nina,

Any news on the long-awaited ‘Phantom of the Opera’ and other musical’s game or packs? Surely this would be a massive seller and would be great for parties.

Also any chance we could have something by James, Greenday and more of the Killers and Kasabian.

Thanks

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history