Posted

Coming To PSN This Week: Wakeboarding HD

Hey PlayStation junkies! This is Scott Hyman from TikGames/Creat Studios, back yet again to announce our latest and greatest title for the PlayStation Network. We’ve been working hard on this one for a while, and everyone here is very excited to finally announce our newest action platformer, Wakeboarding HD!

Do you like fast-paced arcade games? Do you like wacky, over-the-top tricks and stunts? Do you like crazy, high-speed racing and obstacle courses? Do you like beautiful, serene, tropical settings? Do you like wreaking havoc and chaos in beautiful, serene, tropical settings? (If you answer no to all of these… what are you doing here, anyway?) If so, then Wakeboarding HD is just the game you’ve been waiting for.

Wakeboarding HD

And you won’t need to wait much longer. Wakeboarding HD will be available on the PlayStation Network on Thursday, 18th March in Europe, and on 25th March in North America, for €14.99/$14.99.

Wakeboarding HD

Throw back to the non-stop action from the best of 90’s arcades, while embracing the highly realistic killer waves that only the might of the PlayStation 3 can bring you. Wakeboarding HD drops players into 20 top-velocity, water-filled levels to maneuver through tracks, perform high-flying tricks, collect bonuses and avoid dangers from exploding mines to bloodthirsty sharks. (Seriously… sharks!) Show your skills and transform the South Pacific paradise resort into an action-packed extreme playground.

Wakeboarding HD

Jump onto docks and over boats, balance on rails and waves, and launch over buildings and landmarks. Flip, grab, roll, and spin as you hurl across the water and through the air. Smash through billboards and boats, splash the skimpily clad tourists. Race against your buddy in any mission with side-by-side split screen action.

Wakeboarding HDWakeboarding HD

Sound cool? Don’t just take our word for it. Check out what the trusty folks from TheSixthAxis.com had to say about Wakeboarding HD. We’re confident that you’ll enjoy the insanity as much as they did.

As always, a big… no, HUGE thank you to all of our fans and customers! We love what we do, and we can’t do it without you all. Please let us know what you think of Wakeboarding HD, and what else you would like to see from TikGames/Creat Studios.

Enjoy!

49 Comments
28 Author replies

Wow… I’ve heard about this game before but it looks pretty damn cool. Can’t wait to try this one out. Demo please!! :D

1.1

Thanks, MaxRebo70! We’re confident that you’ll have a great time.

This looks fantastic, I saw the leak posts on TSA and PSNStores and was hoping this would be coming out soon. I can’t get over how great the water looks! Now just have to wait till the launch :P

2.1

Your wait is almost up, Ace. And thanks so much for your interest. Everyone at Tik/Creat really appreciates it.

No demo no buy i would say. Game could be fun but could be crap as well.

Is there a demo/trial version? Then I may buy if I like the demo.

4.1

We’re in discussions, but there’s nothing to announce right now about a demo, Thorpe89. Thanks for your interest.

PrivateJoker360 15 March, 2010 @ 17:48

I have your other games and was interested in this but after watching the video it looks too slow. The sense of speed isn’t there for me. Is there a demo?

5.1

Btw not very fair to charge Europeans 35% more…..

PrivateJoker360 15 March, 2010 @ 17:55

“Slow? Well, then… you should try the high-speed levels. If you blink, you might just find yourself splattered against a cliff!”

Now you’re talking! Interest peaked once more :-)

7.1

Glad to keep the interest peaked, and hope you get the chance to give it a try.

Look’s awsome. Might give this one a go. Nice work.
Will you ad support for Playstation Move in the future?

8.1

I can’t comment about Move right now, but stay tuned. Surely we wouldn’t just ignore it, would we? ;-)

dutchguy1982 15 March, 2010 @ 18:12

Looks awesome.. the people here talking about a demo do have a point.. especially for this price, but it looks great!

9.1

Thanks, DutchGuy1982. We appreciate the feedback.

almighty-slayer 15 March, 2010 @ 18:16

Good to see yet MORE awesome stuff coming from you and your team, Scott :D

Thank you Creat (and Tik) for creating such awesome games. We love you :)

10.1

We love you right back, AS. It means a lot to get that kind of feedback.

Stay tuned… there’s a lot more where this came from.

almighty-slayer 15 March, 2010 @ 18:19

Also:

You only posted the price in Euros and Dollars. Fancy posting the price in Sterling too?

11.1

I’m trying to get an official confirmation on that for you, almighty slayer. We don’t want to leave all our good buddies in the UK out of the action.

the waters nice, but that’s about it
sorry

How many trophies with this title then as find many the more expensive titles have platinum any light shed on this?

13.1

RandellaUK, let me see if I can dig out anything specific regarding trophies. I know the game has a lot of them, but I don’t know the specific ones offhand.

almighty-slayer 15 March, 2010 @ 18:33

Thanks Scott!

Always look forward to more games from you guys. I just know they will be good, because they always are! Keep at it guys

It looks decent but the price is putting me off. Hopefully the feedback from the community will convince me it’s worth €14.99. So, maybe a bit later then. :)

15.1

It’s all good, Bonyman. We are confident that the feedback will come. And then… so will you! Thanks for your honesty and your interest.

cheers scott game looks like a blast loving games that are arcadey brings back my early days of quick pick up and play :) will be keeping tabs on the blog for more.

16.1

Thanks, RandellaUK. It’s that old school Outrun-Crazy Taxi-SSX feel that our team was striving for. We’re all eager to get your feedback.

Looks intersting though your exchange rate looks a bit screwed should be 4 euros cheaper, is that a mistake or another attempt at screwing us like Fat Princess which I didn’t buy on principle because of the pricing

The Usa has much better price then we in europa have 15euro is not 15dollar.

Croopnick_PL 15 March, 2010 @ 18:57

Water is amazing! I have little “fetish” about water and flames in games. Great work guys!
I hope tere will be a demo.

19.1

Thanks, Croopnick_PL! I will pass your sentiments onto the development team. They worked very hard getting that water just right.

for 15€ (once again, strange conversion rate) i would have to play a demo… please make a demo, pleeeeease :)

20.1

XisTG, don’t worry… we’re listening. I can’t comment any more than that, but please know that we take frequent requests very seriously.

Great to finally see what you guys have been up to!

The game looks great, can’t wait! Love that arcadey vibe.

21.1

Hey Josh!!!!

Great to hear from you. We hope you enjoy it!

I think it looks great. I LOVE Smash Cars and Mushroom Wars from you guys. You make really cool and fun games that are pretty affordable overall. (Can’t really blame you guys for the crappy US Dollar).

I will definitely buy this…THANKS AGAIN!!

22.1

Awww… the dollar isn’t that crappy, it is? Thanks so much for the sentiment, RGomez!

Super! :)

23.1

Super Duper!

To be fair it does look really slow in the vid.
Makes me want a new HD Waverace even more now :( I guess i’ll have to wait for the next nintendo system for that :( :(

24.1

Vonhammer, check out comment #5 above. We’ve got yer speed! :-)

I know that mate,dont worry :) just going off the vid.

Good to see someone answering everything,makes a change.

Any chance you guy’s could do a blatant Waverace rip :) the water tech looks fun.

25.1

A lot of jet-ski requests. We have to take that seriously…

makingdamage 15 March, 2010 @ 19:37

15 usd does not equal 15 euro. Hate to say this but it seems like we, the Europeans, get ripped off once again…

That looks sweet, a bit like how Tony Hawks used to be…. sigh

27.1

Creat Studios made a Tony Hawk game on the DS, so we’re all too familiar with it. Wakeboarding HD is much more an arcade style game. Way over-the-top, crazy and exaggerated fun. Did I mention that it’s fun?

Dude…I am stoked for this. I also love Smash Cars and this looks like a lot of fun too. Can’t ask much more than that. Sometimes it’s easy to forget how much fun old-style arcade games were!!

Thanks Creat…

28.1

Hi TimRose83. So happy you enjoyed Smash Cars, and we just know that you’ll have a great time with this game, too!

That SSX reference adds to my interest Scott!

29.1

Heh! So glad it did. Our team played a lot of SSX as they worked on this.

Spammer4Life 15 March, 2010 @ 19:47

i know i this sound will sound kinda ungreatfull, but would you please consider making a kite-surf game?!
you just need to add a kite and a few wind mechanics:S

game looks nice, but im kinda low on money right now, so i would really like a demo too:)

30.1

Ungrateful? That’s not ungrateful at all!

Please, please feel free to always suggest ideas. You’re the one handing over your hard-earned money to buy our games. We will always listen to any idea you have.

Now, kite-surfing… hmmm. Has some potential. I will pass it along to our team.

This looks great :)

31.1

Why, thank you, Lijon! Plays even better! ;-)

you don’t have a Wikipedia site for this game.

32.1

… yet!

Give me some time. I’ve been a little busy! ;-)

Thanks for pointing this out, crusher915. We’ll get on it very soon.

Overlord1304 15 March, 2010 @ 20:48

“a little like SSX” … SOLD!

33.1

Thanks, Overlord1304! It’s that kind of feel our team was going for. If you’re an SSX fan, you’ll really enjoy yourself.

I’m disappointed that Creat still insist on ripping off EU/UK customers with their exchange rate – most publishers now use the ‘updated’ conversion method of $14.99 = €11.99 = £9.99, but instead Creat use the old $14.99 = €14.99 = (presumably) £11.99. This immediately gets my back up when it comes to a purchase and without even a demo there seems little chance of me picking this up.

It’s for this reason I sometimes wish Sony would have used a points system on their Store, using ‘real’ currency leaves the Store too open to exploitation by publishers wanting to make a quick buck at the expense of Europe/UK – on XBLA this game would have been 1200 points which = $15/£10.

Maybe you should bare that in mind for your next release. In the mean time I’ll look forward to this game appearing in the ‘Special Offers’ section at some point down the line…

Orange_Wedge 15 March, 2010 @ 21:28

Looking good so far, especially the water! =D Would be cool if there comes a demo out! Keep up the good work Scott and the team!

35.1

Thanks, Orange_Wedge. I’ll pass your comments onto the engineers and artists who worked diligently to get that water just right!

looks like a game you would have paid full price for on ps2 and I did lol looks good but I dunno if I will pay again I may try the demo and if I like :) well we will go from there :)

Bloody_Marcel 15 March, 2010 @ 21:36

I understand you are looking into adding Move support in the future, but why not using the motion sensor already included in all PS3 controllers?

37.1

It’s a good questions, Bloody_Marcel. I’ll pass it onto the devs.

thought u guys would have learned after smash cars without demo at 11.99 is a bad move . im out till theres a demo sorry not parting with cash like that just for a chance its good . LEARN GUYS

btw scott i see u hinted abt a creat store on the u.s psn store , try get that in scee store and ill buy every tiki creat game out lol seriously as id love the dev store fronts u.s have but scee dont have a clue what customers want

aww darn it im reading u.s blog and relized u guys made interpol and magic orbz lol i retract my words sorry scott im buying this as i loved those games especially interpol . u are very gd with community too which i like .

CinderShadow 15 March, 2010 @ 23:19

I really liked the trailer, the game does look vibrant, and gameplay/style ideal. Hopefully, I’ll be able to get it very soon. :) Looks to be full of fun, and then, you tell us it gets faster, lol. :D

I did have a suggestion, though. Your studio is called tik. I’d like to ask about maybe a game around something that really ticks!

i hate greedy developers

Put me in the “want a demo” list too. There is so many great titles releasing on PSN, I don’t trust reviews solely..

1€,- does not equal 1$,- no matter what, whos with me?, lol fail

nemesisND1derboy 16 March, 2010 @ 21:17

Got to say guys looks fantastic jut hope i can scrape some money after getting FF13!

vanguard1917 16 March, 2010 @ 22:42

Looks like a bunch of fun. Yes, a demo would be nice but to be honest I’m pretty much sold after seeing that footage so I’ll probably buy it regardless. Certainly, €14.99 is a little steep compared to most PSN releases, but if you ask me it’s still pretty good value for what looks like a very well made game.

sweetasman01 17 March, 2010 @ 12:33

14.99 U.S. dollars = 10.88 Euros = 9.85 British pounds

I will not pay 50% more,that is why you have not had a single sale out of me. I wont be buying ANY of your products until you fix the pricing!!!!!

sweetasman01 17 March, 2010 @ 12:35

Oh and the water effects look really nice, even better than Uncharted

While it does look pretty good, I too am not impressed at the UK pricing, and therefore won’t be purchasing it, especially without a demo first to try out.

Like a poster above, I may check this out in however long it takes to go in the special offers section.

I buy quite a lot of PSN games too, but this one has priced itself out of many UK PSN users systems. I wonder how many more copies you may have sold, if the game was half the price. Many more than double the sales I’d bet, and with no physical distribution to cost you, I expect profits would be higher.

Or at least a demo, so we can try before we buy. Not even a “proper” demo, just a time limited go at the game would’ve been better than nothing.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history