Posted

UK Video Store Update

Hello everyone!

Exciting new week for us at the PlayStation Video Store with several great films like the new Twilight Saga: New Moon and Harry Brown that just became available for you to download.

Video Download Service

• Splinter
  • Fingerprints
  • Broken Embraces
  • Ratatouille
  • Cirque du Freak: The Vampire’s Assistant
  • Stan Helsing

If sexy vampires, such as Kristen Stewart is your cup of tea, don’t forget to check out more movies in Vampire movies collection which could be found in “collections” section of the store

Video Download Service

Starting this Thursday 25th April we will be running a 2 weeks event called April Foolishness Sale with lots of your favourite comedy movies all on sale! For as little as £5.99 you can own the comedy classics such as Superbad, Jackass: The Movie, Team America World Police, Shaun of the Dead and enjoy them forever! Don’t forget to check it out.

Video Download Service

41 Comments
4 Author replies

Nice update! Any chance of the Lord Of The Rings movies coming to the store?

Olga Puzanova 22 March, 2010 @ 18:23
1.1

good one! I will find out why its not in UK store yet!

“Bottle Shock” featured twice.

We really need rentals available when movies launch. I want to rent Harry Brown, but will have to get it from LoveFilm.

That was really good update Olga. Now do you got any plans for TV Shows? Is there any chance at all to have TV Shows coming to UK Video Store?

Olga Puzanova 22 March, 2010 @ 18:25
4.1

Hi stevo937 I dont have any updates for you on TV shows yet sorry :( Will keep you posted if I have any news!

They Got TV Shows on American Video Store and we don’t have one yet

…5.1?

Nice for the UK, when is this comming to the Netherlands’S

Just to add to the pile of these kind of comments, whene can we guys get the store.
We realy want it you know.

very weak rentalsagain , tried video store for 1st time last week when renting the firm and took over 12 hours to download ad im on 50 meg virgin media broadband , wont be using again

Olga, do you think the Movie Store will be in Ireland before July?

Please don’t answer with “as soon as I have something to announce you’ll be the first to know” because I believe you but it’s annoying because we don’t even know whether you guys are actually trying at all to get it to us. Does it look as if we’re getting close to the Movie Store expanding into new territories?

RENTALS ARE KEY

Did I just read “great films” and “Twilight Saga: New Moon” in the same sentence? :O

V00D00CHARL1E 22 March, 2010 @ 19:06

This Thursday is 25th MARCH…. not APRIL ;)

Olga Puzanova 23 March, 2010 @ 10:25
13.1

LOL thanks! I blame Monday for my spelling mistake :)

Hope y’all having fun with your videostore . . . :(

Cool update just 1 thing i cant buy anything from that because i live in sweden and we dont have video store.Why dont aren’t we getting the video store!!!

Cool update just 1 thing i cant buy anything from that because i live in sweden and we dont have video store.Why aren’t we getting the video store!!!

Hi Olga, last week I asked about adding a “To Own” tab in the HD section as well as bringing back Top 10 download’s etc to the homepage, which you replied “very helpful to know whats more convenient for you in terms of store navigation. I will chat to my team and let you guys know if we can implement any further changes on the home page.” Just wanted to know if there’s any update on implementing those suggestion’s? Thanks

Olga Puzanova 23 March, 2010 @ 10:28
17.1

hi, thanks for your comments. We are currently evaluating what’s possible in terms of suggested changes cheers

Nice, im so going to download these! Oh, wait… F*** :(

Its kind of ridiculous that you don’t have the video store in Ireland yet, i mean we must go through at least similar if not the same rating board thing as the uk.. and since we are one of the major buyers of Playstation products in Europe it’s not a great situation.

Also any idea if the Playstation blog share, that the us blog has will be coming to the EU blog?

cornflakes11 22 March, 2010 @ 20:29

Olga, I know you’re not gonna answer this but i’m gonna ask it anyway. When do you think Ireland is getting the video store? Please at least give a month, if you could give a date i would be very happy, thanks.

I’m deaf but I’m EXTREMELY disappointed that these videos don’t have subtitles.

When POLAND??????????????????????

When POLAND?????????????????????? Sony. Make.Believe

Any news on the service coming to Italy yet? Maybe a bit early to ask but will it have both original and Italian dubbed versions?

I will personally never buy a film from the store.. but would happily rent loads..

but id prefer to rent new films on launch, not a few weeks later

PLD_Danny1989 22 March, 2010 @ 22:37

@ Olga

Any news on Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn? I unfortunately cannot find it on Blu Ray here in the EU and I’m unsure if the US disc is region free.

There’s nothing new to rent! Sony said that new films will be available to rent after two weeks. In most cases, this isn’t true. I’ve also seen old films for rip off prices and guess what? Not available to rent. Sony and film studios need to get their act together. I’m not that lazy! I’ll go to my nearest shop and get it on DVD for twice as cheap. It would just be nice to have an alternative so that I can rent a film on a rainy day or when it’s not possible to go to there store.

When is the Video store coming to the Benelux? like Belgium, The Nethelands and Luxemburg? we ar half way 2010 almost and still nothing at al.

Great update! Good films in there!

just one little correction, kristen stewart doesn’t play a vampire.
and why is bottle shock listed twice?
and like others have said, where are the big new movies to rent?
i might have rented new moon as i missed it at the cinema, still, i’m sure virgin will have it if i really want to watch it, and they’ve got an instant watch option that scee’s store lacks.
and no plans for tv shows yet, are there plans to try to get tv shows at some point or is that just not something you’re even considering?

Aussie aussie aussie!

*listens for an answer

:P

you guys need to bring out ps2 classics on the store seriously there is hundreds of games i would buy from it heres a few of the gems….
star wars battlefront 2
shadow of the collosus
legacy of kain
army men
baldurs gate dark alliance 1 and 2
black
destroy all humans 2
seriously theres hundreds i would buy these are just from the top of my head guys you can make MILLIONS from this service why wont you do it? :(

Show full comment

legacy of kain
army men
baldurs gate dark alliance 1 and 2
black
destroy all humans 2

Oy oy oy!

Video Store for Benelux please!!!!!

Will Finland get the store this yer.

In the future, any chance of telling us which of the new releases are available in HD and which are SD?

Also, if you rent a film, then decide to buy it at a later date, it would be great if you get the rental price off the purchase price.
i.e. if I rent a film for £2.99 (that’s also for sale for £6.99) then there should then be an option to buy it for £4.99 before my rental expires.

thanks! tv shows please

Ah, I’ll buy it at a high price… Oh wait, i can’t. Why are you refusing my moneys Sony?!?

I probably sound ungrateful since I should consider myself lucky to actually have this service but I’ve yet to use it due to inflated prices and the fact that none of the films have subtitles and very few have 5.1 sound.

In this day and age.

Completely unbelieveable.

technofranki 24 March, 2010 @ 22:54

So… I want to rent a movie, but… I can’t. Looks like Microsoft is getting more of my money on their Zune video rental until Sony manage to launch their service in Norway.

Norway please…
No, wait… Rest of the world please.

Is it possible to make a UK account to use the store?

It’s out over 4 months in UK. C’mon what’s the hold up with Ireland?? are you thinking of pulling the roll out in other countries? Forget the marketing rule book and just give us your best guess! Right now it with no statement is feels like your neglecting us.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.