Posted

PlayStation Home: LittleBigPlanet Invades! Plus More LucasArts Star Wars, LocoRoco, Bioshock and Dead Space!

Big news earlier this week with the announcement of LittleBigPlanet 2! To celebrate the announcement, this week sees the arrival of the all new, and very colourful, LittleBigPlanet PlayGround space in PlayStation Home.

LittleBigPlanet_Home_4 LittleBigPlanet_Home_2

LittleBigPlanet_Home_1 LittleBigPlanet_Home_7

In true LittleBigPlanet fashion, this space offers plenty to play, create and share. Start with making a fashion statement with the range of LittleBigPlanet virtual clothing available in the Space, then take part in the King’s “Snap Happy” Photo Challenge. Find the target, get the perfect shot, and you can win some great virtual rewards. It doesn’t stop there: team up with your friends to create your own wallpapers for the PS3 XMB with the Creator mini-game!

And there’s more to come! In a few weeks you will be able to release your competitive side and show off your sharp-shooting skills in the LittleBigDerby. Check out the trailer below:

Finally, no LittleBigPlanet experience would be complete without the iconic Pod … which is why you’ll find the LittleBigPlanet Pod Penthouse in Estates this week! Crafted from the finest cardboard, this personal space can be rotated to get the best out-of-this-world view! But not only that, the Pod also includes your own personal Creator mini-game and comes complete with a special prize on entry. This truly is the perfect place to express your creative flair.

LBP_apartment_8 LBP_apartment_4

LBP_apartment_3 LBP_apartment_2

Away from LittleBigPlanet, we have a range of new clothing, costumes and other items. Starting with the latest batch of LucasArts releases, this week sees new Star Wars costumes and items arrive. This week features an extensive range of The Force Unleashed content, starting with a pair of Felucian Potted Plants (Mushrooms and Tripod). Add to your lightsaber collection with the Blue Lightsaber, then decorate your personal space with the Jedi Banner, The Force Unleashed Poster, and an Interactive Yoda Fountain. Three new costumes will also be available: the Apprentice Costume (Hair and bundle to follow soon), Dark Lord’s Armor, and finally Juno Eclipse’s Uniform, Hair, and Gloves (bundle to follow soon).

juno

darklord

Next up are the Dead Space 2 Miner costumes, available for both male and female. Complete from head to toe, these protective suits will keep you safe as you roam through Home. The LocoRoco stores update again this week. Two new hats, a pair of glasses and a pair of earrings will all be available.

isaac7

Finally, for those looking to deck their avatar out in a new shirt there is a range of new Bioshock t-shirts released this week.

52 Comments
11 Author replies
Alex Weekes 12 May, 2010 @ 17:11

Just want to note here that the LBP clothing items mentioned are the existing items, now also available via a store in the PlayGround.

Whaouu !! Great

elephant_stone 12 May, 2010 @ 17:13

Finally a LBP space!!!! Game Launching support yet? Only a year and half late but its better late than never! :)

Alex Weekes 12 May, 2010 @ 17:14
3.1

LittleBigPlanet Game Launching is already in, and has been for a while. :)

TheSabreman 12 May, 2010 @ 17:14

Cool update.

Loco Roco :-)
Dead Space :-)

Is the Dead Space 1 items available too ?

Cheers Thy

DANTHEMAN121 12 May, 2010 @ 17:15

EPIC update looks great.

will there be a littlebigplanet outfit?

AaronSOLDIER 12 May, 2010 @ 17:16

Win!

The LBP space & pod apartment look amazing! :D
Any chance of getting a mini sackboy for our apartments?

Alex Weekes 12 May, 2010 @ 17:21
7.1

I had a run around in the space and apartment yesterday. Visually quite stunning!

Re: outfit / Sackboy ornament, I’ll pass your thoughts along!

Ubër cool update, good job I finish work early on Thursdays :)

Carla_Birch 12 May, 2010 @ 17:28

The LBP stuff is perfect timing for the game launching event i was getting ready to start. More info hopefully on forums tonight about that :)

I cant see the LBP space. Is it live yet ??

Alex Weekes 12 May, 2010 @ 17:32
10.1

Will be lieve tomorrow after maintenance.

Mattiebo123 12 May, 2010 @ 17:28

Alex… C’mere for a hug! :P

Amazing update, the LBP space just looks brilliant, i’ll be buying the pod apartment most likely too, i’m an LBP lover so it’s great to see this stuff come to Home :D

I’m sure there will be a lot of happy people this week :)

Great update this week! Just one question;
Is Irem coming to soon?

Alex Weekes 12 May, 2010 @ 17:33
12.1

It’s getting (much) closer with every week that passes now. Not ready to confirm a date yet, though.

*Is Irem coming soon?

Phoenixfire90 12 May, 2010 @ 17:32

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *SCREAMS!!*
ABOUT TIME TOO!!!!!!!!
Alex, could you tell if your making a Transformers War for Cybertron Event space on home?
It would be brillent!!!!
But I face a problem, should I buy the Locoroco Island or the Littlebigplanet Pod, which is better!?!
Alex which is better?
P.s. MORE MODNATION GIFTS PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Weekesy,

You have made me a very happy home user :D
The LittleBigPlanet content has almost brought a tear to my eye :’)

I hope you and the rest of the Home team will be celebrating in your local tonight ;)

Oh… and have some free Jaffa Cakes… on me ;)

Alex Weekes 12 May, 2010 @ 17:34
15.1

Have fun with the wallpaper Creator. Seen a couple of interesting ones around the office the last couple of days!

any news about that new hoe square?

not sure if it was true just heard some tings

Alex Weekes 12 May, 2010 @ 17:36
16.1

Check the forums for more, however I can confirm that a new Home Square is being worked on and is nearly ready. It won’t release this month, though.

xD

*Home* no Hoe xD

Sorry my M key works when it want’s too =)

any news about the ghostbusters content for the ghostbusters firehouse

Alex Weekes 12 May, 2010 @ 17:37
18.1

I’ll post updates to the forum thread whenever I have something new to share.

@ Phoenixfire90

A transformers event would be epic and I think you should buy both personal spaces! :D

Great looking space guys been waitin for this :)

THESABOTEURCREED 12 May, 2010 @ 17:37

Amazing update, the LBP space just looks brilliant, i’ll be buying the pod apartment EPIC update looks great.

Phoenixfire90 12 May, 2010 @ 17:39

I’m glad someone’s backing me up on this on TF space!!!
Please Alex, please do it. *does the sad puppy eyes*
Well I’d buy both if the pod was £1.50 as Locoroco is £3.99, I’m trying to save for Tf War for Cybertron and Modnation Racers!!!

Alex Weekes 12 May, 2010 @ 17:43
22.1

The best I can do is pass along the suggestion – ultimately the decision lies with the Transformers IP owners.

Mattiebo123 12 May, 2010 @ 17:39

Can i ask who developed the LBP spaces? They look like they’ve been handled by Mm themselves!

Thanks for the response Alex, glad to hear its near (ish). I’m sorry but my very last question;
Anymore news on the Namco spaces?

Alex Weekes 12 May, 2010 @ 17:43
24.1

Nothing at the moment, I’m afraid.

“We have Irem content incoming, starting with the Irem Square. Not long now before you’ll be seeing Irem updates on the blog!”

Alex! This is all I ever wanted to hear!

Hey Thy any chance to get a little sackboy doll like this one from Bioshock?Would love to have this :)
Thx for this update

Phoenixfire90 12 May, 2010 @ 17:50

Cheers for replying Alex.
Fingers crossed everybody!

@Thylaudax: Do you know what’s the price off the LittleBigPanet apartment?

Phoenixfire90 12 May, 2010 @ 17:52

OMG!!!!! Cetja that would be EPIC!!!!!!
That or a sitting Sackboy trophy for you home.

Thy any chance of a Sackboy/girl outfit? Possibly with variations like the disco guy and plain?

Are there any free items? :D

Alex Weekes 13 May, 2010 @ 08:46
31.1

There’s something special to be won in the LBP PlayGround I think many of you will like :)

Question Regarding the Littlebigplanet personal space:

If I were to be invited to a friends pod, would I get the special gift upon entry, or is it only to the purchaser?

wht dont we in South Africa get th same Little Big Planet costumes as UK or USA ???? we only hve 8, YES EIGHT costumes in our PSN STORE ????

So when will the Little Big Planet space go live or is it already live??

Next time use a movie that works with the PS3 browser…

“Crafted from the finest cardboard” LOL! ! ! ;D I NEED IT! :) Looks cool LBP HOME Space.

What about a ‘R2-D2’ for my HOME Room? I would by that day one really.

xchris2008x 12 May, 2010 @ 20:53

is the littleBigPlanet space permanent or will it disappear like the white knite chronicles space?

Alex Weekes 13 May, 2010 @ 08:53
37.1

It’s staying :)

xchris2008x 12 May, 2010 @ 20:53

Knight*

This is all well and good, I love the look of the new LBP space.
But, there’s always a but. You should be adding things like phone calls that aren’t limited to two people and having to hold R2 to talk is a pain, can there not be an option?

Good update, sad that I wont be visiting Home because I can’t have a 3 player phone call. :(

macbelonwu10 12 May, 2010 @ 21:13

OK the XMB doesn’t load that fast when in game/home

Great update home team, really looking forward to getting into home after maintenance. :)

The space look Fantabulous! :D

Oh haha very funny Alex, I had just convinced myself i did the right thing in deleting Home and now you reveal this…. sigh… i’m just going to have to check it out.. :)

Ooh cant wait to get in :D

Awesome news :) It’s a shame about the Dark Lord’s armour though. It doesn’t look like any Force Unleashed armour I’ve ever seen! Also, how awesome would it be to have their game faces as a seperate purchase?

Oh and Alex whatsyourname, any chance of getting personal spaces to link? Like walk from one space to another and have friends still over at the other space? I’d love a rooftop space linking from the rooftop access in the Ghostbuster space. Maybe an InFamous one? and an increase of item storage in that house.. seriously!

Dead Space 2 Miner costumes? Thats from the first game. :/

sweet update keep it up THY :)

I love the rewards in the Little Big Planet area! Well done to all involved! :D

Why isn’t the world cup 2010 space coming to Europe Home, I’m sure we’d appreciate more? Football after all was born in England.

On LBP Creator in Playstation Home, I save my wallpaper to my HDD (it’s always in a photo folder on my menu) but I can’t get the reward for saving it. My friend has been able to do it. Why can’t I get the reward after saving my wallpaper to my HDD?

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history