Posted

Hustle Kings: Breaking News…

For all of you Hustle Kings out there we have two great bits of news for you.

Firstly on the 19th of May at around 5pm a new patch will be made available which contains the following features and changes:

• Improved Breaking : the pack has now been adjusted so that instead of the rack being perfectly spaced every time, a very slight variance has been introduced between the balls which causes almost every break to be different
  • You can now replay the shots that are played in attract mode
  • Even more stats during loading screens
  • Game options can be modified in online rooms
  • Watch other people’s matches in the all new Spectator Mode!
  • Plus a new loading icon, viewing player’s profiles during an online match and more

But that’s not all, there is a brand new chalk coming to the in-game store. Second Sight allows you to see the path of an additional ball… really helpful on those tough trickshots and plants.

Snooker_14

Finally (and the best bit in my opinion) is that the Hustle Kings Snooker pack will be launched on the 2nd of June. Included in this great pack is a brand new environment, new ball set, with the full snooker rules and scoring. As well as normal snooker if you get this pack you will also get an offline tournament mode, more music and a brand new game mode called Snooker6 where there are only 6 red balls allowing for a much quicker game.

Snooker_04 Snooker_06

Snooker_27 Snooker_01

Once you get the Snooker Pack there will also be a batch of new trophies, for you to try and unlock, to help with this we have included a free pack of Eagle Eye chalk if you purchase the Snooker pack! Overall I have really enjoyed the time I have spent playing snooker and can’t wait to get online to pit my wits against the rest of the community!

38 Comments
0 Author replies
xKillerMonkeyx 19 May, 2010 @ 15:03

WOo snooker, nice to see you guys supporting such an awesome game :-)

craigiversen 19 May, 2010 @ 15:05

One of the best supported by devs games out there! Keep it up!

Wahey!

Big up the Wolvo dev massive :D

Looking forward to it! Have you decided on the Price for the Snooker Pack?

Marksman_278 19 May, 2010 @ 15:14

looking good :P any news on price?

TheBigAitch 19 May, 2010 @ 15:22

I was disappointed that you don’t seem to be able to use the crazy tables online?

Perhaps I’m being thick or maybe you’ve changed it since I played last – is this going to be addressed?

SpiderMike_X 19 May, 2010 @ 15:23

On the NA store It will be $2.99 so convert that to EU ov GBP and add a little on for the EU store price.

QuietlyWrong 19 May, 2010 @ 15:24

Ohhh my god I’m as excited as a school boy! Cannot WAIT to play snooker in the Hustle Kings environment – I’ll spend the first few hours checking to make sure that you’ve got all the rules right – not just because I’m a total pedant, but also because I get the impression that voofoo will fix things if they’re less than perfect.

All we need now is a tool to make it easier to manage an online long term snooker league…

Yes, yes and YES!!!! Snooker. (and the other update bits too)

That’s awesome. Thank you so much for continually supporting this title with great improved features. I am also pleasantly surprised that the Snooker DLC is released as an addon to HK and not a standalone game.

HK has just become my all time best PSN game. (make way Wipeout HD, HK is coming through)

You have a customer for life.

O..M..G YES!!!!

Snooker looks bloody amazing

Day one purchase, thank you VooFoo, thank you!!

QuietlyWrong 19 May, 2010 @ 15:57

I’ll see your “Yes, yes and YES!!!!” and raise you a “Yes! and a YEEEESSS!” ;)

Just one question:

Will HK support Move when Move is released later this year?

LOL!! Just visited the US blog where the concept of Snooker had to be explained. I never understood why Snooker never took off across the pond. They probably think it’s billiards or something. :)

Our cousins have so much to learn.

For dramatic effect…..Too Excited, Can’t wait!!!

The_Shuffle 19 May, 2010 @ 16:10

Excellent game, excellent support!

Just a few suggestions though. The crazy tables are great, can we get more of them? I would you would EASILY be able to sell a batch of 4 or 5 in some DLC.

Also, can we have a ‘novelty mode’ or something? A traditional pub pool table with marks all over the table that cause the balls to be unpredictable at times, cigarette burns, a stack of 50p coins on the side, a little kid that comes and steals a ball when you aren’t looking, that sort of thing. Variation is the spice of life and I think a novelty, unpredictable mode would be AWESOME.

As regards the crazy tables:

Can we have one made out of ice that you can apply shed loads of backspin to and the ball just gracefully accelerates.

Extra DLC! :D

Nice one!! was wondering when the snooker was coming.

I’ll be getting it on release date. :)

BEST Pool game EVER! :P Cool stuff to

dammit…now I have to buy this game! curse you game gods! why must you conflict with the money gods!?

“Improved Breaking : the pack has now been adjusted so that instead of the rack being perfectly spaced every time, a very slight variance has been introduced between the balls which causes almost every break to be different”

Good,that means snooker pack will be mine

BalramRules 19 May, 2010 @ 17:49

im happy that its gettin move support =P
Hopefully 3d support too XD

OMG nice !!

the snooker pack sounds really good.

I enjoy playing snooker and would be a good addition to the game.

Very nice! Snooker was one of the modes that was missing. I’ll definitely will be playing this.

Will you guys be adding Billiards modes later on as well? (Carom or carambole billiards). That seems to be more popular in Europe. It uses pocketless tables so I guess the current tables just won’t do hehe.

Perhaps they should fix their netcode before this patch adds spectate? Just a thought.

macbelonwu10 19 May, 2010 @ 22:29

wow that’s pretty impressive

BACCUSxAETURNUSx 19 May, 2010 @ 23:35

If you look in the menus under stats there is a section there for Snooker.

I am so glad this is coming. This game to me, and the level of continuing support for it deserve as much praise as Battlefield 1943 in terms of setting a standard that can be achieved with download only “budget” games.

This game, once complete with Snooker will shame the official game, and will be less than a quarter of the price.

I will accept around £250,000 to throw matches btw

cool, i’ve been after a snooker game for a while and this looks like being the one :-)

FatTrousers 20 May, 2010 @ 00:52

Sweet, bought this a while ago, reminds me of the great PS1 title Pool Shark when I play.

slayerking69 20 May, 2010 @ 02:19

Would be nice if you could play the different game types in free play mode instead of just plain pool that just keeps re-racking up every time the last ball is sunk. ;)

GuttermouthSIN 20 May, 2010 @ 04:01

Awesome! I’ll be buying the pack on day one, for sure.

I do like this game but find it really frustrating, you really cannot miss one sigle shot or the AI just cleans up, I haven’t progressed that far at all, mainly due to missing one shot, AI clears up, lose money, can’t re-enter, have to play easy games again…repeat. not very rewarding!!

also using the timing circle for shots is ridiculous, i’m a very “rhythmic” person, I play and write music and can normally tell if something is “in time”, that cirlce moves firstly too fast once you reach higher difficulties and secondly it isn’t consistant in it’s speed, definitely not. I’m not quite sure how you think you canm learn to control it, it’s taking a lot of fun out of it for me to be honest.

Anyone else feel the same?

Carnivius_Prime 20 May, 2010 @ 10:26

I like the game but somehow I’m even more useless at it than I am at real pool.

Totally agree with #31 about the AI being either superdumb or superperfect, at pro the AI sometimes takes unhumanlike crazy shots that only a computer can calculate and succeed at. The difficulty degree seems to be the amount of times the AI does a dumb shot, where it’s obviously intended to miss even if the other ball is 30cm away. It’s making the career pro section undoable. That said, the game is fun in online multiplayer.

And the timing circle is indeed useless, I’m using the analog method which is also a lot easier at higher difficulties.

I hate the AI,as mentioned it does incredibly unrealistic shots.I hope the snooker AI is that of a snooker player.Also has anyone potted off a break,I’m struggling now because nothing is going down and the harder AI can just clear up.

@vonhammer

Cue ball to extreme left or right of table.
Aim for second row of pack not the single ball at the front.

Add a little top spin + full power.

dr_sasquatch 21 May, 2010 @ 15:48

@Mr-Ollock

Have you tried the analog method for cue usage?

I hope that VooFoo have addressed the problem with the “snooker an opponent” rule. If you snooker the other player and you haven’t hit a cushion it should be a foul. It’s a shame that so much effort has gone into a great simulation but, for some reason, it doesn’t follow the accepted rules of pool.

Even if it’s only an option that you can turn on and off… it should be in Hustle Kings.

I loved pool when I was a kid and now that snooker pack coming this defines Hustle Kings to new level of excellence as it proved it from the start that it a game both fun to play and always challenging.

Come June the second :).

RustyBullit 02 June, 2010 @ 09:20

i hope your right trooper im gonna be checking that ps store all day long i hope they keep their word

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history