Posted

PlayStation Home: Sony FIFA Feva Arena and Irem Square!

With this week’s update we have an eclectic selection of spaces launching! So without further ado, here’s what we have scheduled for you this week:

Kicking off this week’s PlayStation Home update is the arrival of the Sony FIFA FevaArena! With the 2010 FIFA World Cup just weeks away, the Arena is the place to hang out to discuss your predictions for how each match will fall and celebrate your team’s victories. The FevaArena consists of a massive pitch area, complete with a penalty spot goal-kicking mini-game, along with an interior stadium space offering jackets in national team colours. Available for both male and female, these jackets are just what you need for displaying your allegiance over the month ahead.

Feva Arena

Irem 1

Irem 3

Been dreaming of the perfect place to hang out in your Big Daddy or Big Sister outfit? Well dream no longer, as we have the answer! Releasing this week in Home Estates is the Rapture Apartment. Imbued with the atmosphere Bioshock is known for, the space comes complete with special audio and interesting nooks and crannies. To top off your new space, Furniture updates with a variety of Bioshock seating, tables and posters.

Rapture_Apt_4

39 Comments
6 Author replies

What is Irem space plz ?

ok forget that just found it !!

@ number1

“Elsewhere in Home, the hotly anticipated Irem Square makes its entrance. Based upon a traditional Japanese festival, this colourful carnival scene will handsomely reward visitors. Make sure to visit each stall and play the festival game to pick up a selection of unique items for your avatar and personal space. Make sure to stop by the Irem store stand, where you’ll find the first selection of unique Japanese styled clothing.”

xD dang

Irem space! Hoooooray! :D

Looks like another great update – well done!

Battery-Acid- 03 June, 2010 @ 11:14

I’m having problems downloading the 1.36 update,
everytime I try my PS3 resets.

I thought it was strange ‘cos it’s resetting and not just crashing.

Any help would be appreciated.

And (more on topic) I like the sound of Irem, I know it’s been… anticipated.

Thank you.

Alex Weekes 03 June, 2010 @ 11:18
8.1

For those experiencing problems updating to 1.36, there is a workaround posted on the forums. Find it at this link:

hi Thy! Any news for:

-the capcom lounge
-Ghostbusters firehouse content
-Namco nuseum space?

Right so we got the Irem space and the SIREN space, what else we got that we’ve been waiting for ages?

You can bring all the spaces in the world, isnt gonna change the fact that Home is missing some really needed “features” which could possibly make it feel less shallow. I want a reason to be on Home for more then a minute and a half every other week.

Still saying that, i like the Global space feature: STEP IN THE “RIGHT” (for once) DIRECTION SCEE.

We need more features like that to connect the whole of home together as one… not regions.

Finally a couple MILLION more english talking PS3 users, i cant see how that cant be anything but a goodthing.

This weeks update: 8/10

CoolRichy008UK 03 June, 2010 @ 11:47

hiii alex i just added £80 to my ps3 account and i got my £5.15 refunded :D a quick question

1 is the football costume for sale or do i have to win it
2 how much ps3 home stuff can i get with 85£

CoolRichy008UK 03 June, 2010 @ 11:48

if anyone had a 1.36 ps3 reset cuz of home its simple

1 delite ps3 HOME
2 reinstall it

it works trust me

this seems like a decent update and i may actually log into home for 1st time for more than 5 minutes lol not done that in over a year lol . totally agree with kap though home is a dying community for people staying on it longer than 5 or 10 mins so something drastic needs to be done with home and fast before even more people just delete it and forget about it for good .

@11

£85? lol

alex is there anychance that this football space can stay even after world cup is finished , u.s home team were asking users if they would like it to stay or be timed and people were saying they want to keep it so id hope we get the same option as a football space will be great even after world cup is done to go and chat to people about upcoming football season in august . PLEASE KEEP THIS SPACE

Alex Weekes 03 June, 2010 @ 16:04
15.1

I’ll ask what the plan is, I haven’t heard either way just yet.

AaronSOLDIER 03 June, 2010 @ 12:14

The football space should stay like it probably will in Japan.

xchris2008x 03 June, 2010 @ 12:51

@11

WOW what are u on ?

Spending £85 on home is crazy…

Amazing update! Alot of variety to!

No questions this week, and I apologise for last week Alex.

The Feva arena looks amazing!

Carnivius_Prime 03 June, 2010 @ 14:08

@12 you don’t need to delete Home to update it. You have to wait til the yellow light on your PS3 stops flashing before you press X to update. It’s that simple and worked for me just fine.

GreatestACE 03 June, 2010 @ 14:37

@ 21 – you’re perfectly correct, no need to mess about reinstalling – just wait a minute or two for the yellow light to stop flashing and you’ll update with no problems :)

@ 10 – which global space are you referring to? Must have missed that one ;)

Alex Weekes 03 June, 2010 @ 16:05
21.1

The FevaArena will have a global element added to it next week :). Check the blog for further details closer to the update.

we need mooooooooooor free stuff

Alex Weekes 03 June, 2010 @ 16:05
22.1

The Irem Square includes quite a few reward items.

can you answer alex about if we can keep this space the football one after world cup is done , a football space in home should be permanent

I can’t wait to visit the Irem space. :)

I tried to go on Home for the first time in a while earlier this week, it wanted me to download a patch, it then bleeped and restarted my PS3, so I gave up. I know at least two other people on my Friends List that had the same problem but also weren’t that fussed to go hunting the net for a fix.

I will try the workaround listed in reply to comment 8 though…

xchris2008x 03 June, 2010 @ 15:48

I cant even get on home anyway and Alex that process doesnt even work, my ps3 stays green then i launch home.

Alex Weekes 03 June, 2010 @ 16:06
26.1

In that case, the equivalent advice is for you to simply wait a couple of minutes before initiating the patching process.

xchris2008x 03 June, 2010 @ 15:50

*when (sorry typo on comment 27)

xchris2008x 03 June, 2010 @ 16:13

Yep done that and it worked…

New Home Square, any news on it?

why does the arena have jap time at bottom right hand corner alex , wasnt this localised

sharpenedpixel 03 June, 2010 @ 17:23

The more stuff you give away rather than pricing at an unpalatable £1.29, the more people are going to come into Home and check things out.

smokeypsdUS 03 June, 2010 @ 20:55

well I actually say rather free stuff… we need more functionality… so we can personalise our space for instance. stream music to our friends. even video. show pictures on our wallpaper. pictures is no different than lbp i means COME on.

I’m all for content, home has content down pat, but home needs tools for us to socialise with, things we can actually do in our club spaces, better integration with games. party chat within public areas.the possibilities are endless but there’s only so much more clothes and furniture can do…

clothes and furniture is way beyond of what i can do by about 6 months now , theres plenty of items in home so i think its time for more features otherwise a dwindling community will become no community at all .

I just went to install the 1.36 vers patch and all it does is reset my ps3 can anyone help.

Alex Weekes 04 June, 2010 @ 10:33
34.1

Hi bluespook,

please see this thread on the forums for advice on how to resolve your problem: http://bit.ly/chnFjk

CoolRichy008UK 04 June, 2010 @ 10:05

well atleast i can spend that amount of money unlike some ppl who dont have money enough said

Are we going to see home events on a world level now after the global space i released ? ;) hope so

Looking good
Keep this up add some more features to home over the next year and bingo.

The_Shuffle 04 June, 2010 @ 11:32

ROFL @ the guy who thinks he is awesome for ‘spending’ (wasting) £85 on virtual trash.

The money would be better spent on a therapy session. Failing that, wire it to me and I’ll buy you some real clothes and keep the rest as my fee.

itstime4u2leave 05 June, 2010 @ 00:31

i think home is excellent! i suggest people try the shooting game in feva arena but i warn you the queues are pretty long! also the excellent audi run game has got me addicted and the red bull air race is a must for everyone.

WHAT HAPPEN TO THE FEVA SIM GAME? I WANT TO GET THAT COOL SOCCOR CARPET AND WHY DOES THAT SHOOTING GAME STALL SO MUCH GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history