Posted

Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess Soundtrack

Hey everyone, it’s Paul from Mediatonic here.

Since we released Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess a few weeks ago we’ve had a lot of kind comments and great feedback on the game – we’re super excited the game is now live and people are playing it!

The soundtrack for the game has gone down well so I’m really happy to tell you all we’re releasing this as a free-download on the PlayStation.blog today!

MPSMP-Soundtrack

All of the game soundtracks are based on iconic pieces of classic music given fresh life and played on the organ – the Duke’s instrument of choice.

The first five tracks were composed by the talented Andrew Bertoni with the final two tracks from the excellent Dean Claydon. They’ve put together some special remixed and extended versions for this giveaway:

Toccata and Fugue in Demonic (Bach: Toccata and Fugue in D minor) (right click and “save as” to download)
[audio:http://blog.eu.playstation.com/files/2010/06/Toccata-and-Fugue-in-Demonic.mp3]

In the Hall of the Laughing Duke(Grieg: In the Hall of the Mountain King) (right click and “save as” to download)
[audio:http://blog.eu.playstation.com/files/2010/06/In-the-Hall-of-the-Laughing-Duke.mp3]

Doomlight Sonata (Beethoven: Moonlight Sonata) (right click and “save as” to download)
[audio:http://blog.eu.playstation.com/files/2010/06/Doomlight-Sonata.mp3]

Symphony No. 666 (Beethoven: Symphony No.5 in C minor) (right click and “save as” to download)
[audio:http://blog.eu.playstation.com/files/2010/06/Symphony-No.-666.mp3]

Fight on Rock Man-Thing (Mussorgsky: Night on Bald Mountain) (right click and “save as” to download)
[audio:http://blog.eu.playstation.com/files/2010/06/Fight-on-Rock-Man-Thing.mp3]

Organ Concerto in A Major (Thong) (Tchaikovsky: Piano Concerto in B FlatMinor) (right click and “save as” to download)
[audio:http://blog.eu.playstation.com/files/2010/06/organconcertoinamajorthong.mp3]

Bonus Track – “I AM THE DUKE! (Verdi: Il Trovatore, “Anvil Chorus”) (right click and “save as” to download)
[audio:http://blog.eu.playstation.com/files/2010/06/iamtheduke1.mp3]

Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess is about powerful (and slightly unhinged) aristocratic demon known as ‘The Duke’ who wakes up to discover his Princess is missing. Without a single clue to go on, he can only assume that monsters were (probably) responsible, and sets out to track her down by beating up monsters largely at random in the hope that it will (somehow) reunite him with his beloved.

It’s available on the PS3 and PSP store now for £3.49 / €3.99.

To keep up with the latest news on our games you can follow Mediatonic on Twitter @Mediatonic.

16 Comments
3 Author replies

That musik is super funky :D
i might just have to check out the game now :)

almighty-slayer 10 June, 2010 @ 12:45

FREE??

I was prepared to dish out the dosh to by it when i read the title :D

Oh wow, the whole soundtrack for free! :D I Loved the game, and having the soundtrack is the icing on the cake :D

Thanks m8te.

OMG this soundMASTERPIECEtrack for FREE!?

Love it!!!!! This is what’s gonna make me buy this game, awesome soundtrack

Seems to be a problem with:

“Organ Concerto in A Major (Thong)“ (Tchaikovsky: Piano Concerto in B FlatMinor)

Don’t seem to be completed, either hearing it on here or downloading it.

Ragnarok-NZ 10 June, 2010 @ 13:50

Wow thanks a lot. I love it when a company releases their music for their fans to appreciate :)

Having said that, really looking forward to your next title, Mediatonic :D

You’ve created a really cool character with the Duke. He’s genuinely funny, at least I think so. Any chance we’ll see him in other games?

8.1

Awesome to hear you like him!

He may appear in new future games but we don’t have any plans at the moment. We’re currently hard at work on our next Mini which is another original title – I’ll have more details soon :)

popandfresh7 10 June, 2010 @ 14:04

Wow awesome love the game, cool coundtrack….we hope for a sequel or even an update

VictorAnalogy 10 June, 2010 @ 14:54

Awesome. DL’d the soundtrack, then bought the game. :D

10.1

Thanks!

And thanks for the great comments everyone, it’s awesome to hear you like the tracks :)

Very awesome work! Not gonna say no to some free Bach. :P

VictorAnalogy 10 June, 2010 @ 15:08

No no, thank you.

MaikelSteneker 10 June, 2010 @ 16:40

This is the best mini by far! I’m really glad I bought it. It’s really short, but the replay value is really good and the price is under-average.

One thing that bothers me is the low resolution. Paul, could you give me an explanation for that? On PSP, the game looks incredible. But on the PS3, it’s looks really pixelated. It’s not terrible, but it’s a bit disappointing, especially since my other minis don’t seem to have this problem.

I’m looking forward to your new work. Do you also consider developing for PS3? I’d love to play future games in 1080p with trophy support.

13.1

Great to hear you like it!

With minis the games are designed and programmed for the PSP. The PS3 has an emulator which automatically scales up the games and makes them also playable on the PS3.

We have no control over how the game looks when it’s scaled up – it’s the same game build as the one you’ll play on the PSP so we can’t include anything PS3 specific in the game.

Developing a PS3 game is something we’re thinking about but no firm plans yet. Our next PSN title will be another minis game :)

Thank you for the music Paul and all at Mediatronic, it’s a dinky little game with lot’s of charm – i only wish i was better at it :)

thanks everyone at Mediatonic, giving this away free is a great gift

fantastic game too!, great characters and lovely art style – keep up the good work :)

Definitely picking this up when it (probably) drops to a lower price.

See what I did there?

But looks like a great game and great community service :)

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history