Posted

Attend E3 Virtually With PlayStation Home!

It’s a big, big week this week! Yesterday we announced our new Home Square and Shopping Centre spaces, as well as launching the PlayStation E3 Booth space … and there’s plenty more for you to read about below! We’ll get started with E3:

Millions of gamers across the globe are glued to their monitors this week, rabidly devouring every last detail surrounding the announcements made during the video game industry’s biggest trade show: The Electronic Entertainment Expo. Simply put, E3 is the place to be if you are passionate about games. Everyone wants to be there, but only a select few are able to attend.

Until now.

This week, we take a huge step forward in bringing gamers closer to their favourite PlayStation titles, closer to the people that create these games, and closer to one another by delivering the E3 experience directly to their PlayStation 3 consoles.

Right now, you can log into PlayStation Home and experience E3 for yourself in PlayStation Home’s virtual E3 booth. Watch Jack Tretton’s 2010 E3 press conference and get briefed on what to expect from the PlayStation platform in the coming months. Check out the latest games and collect exclusive PlayStation Home rewards (we’ve got new ones waiting for you every day of E3). Unlock the VIP area and get a sneak peek at what’s in store for PlayStation Home fanatics this year. Only in PlayStation Home can you participate in the E3 action without boarding a plane, securing a pass, or stepping foot in the Los Angeles Convention Centre.

E3_stills_logo 2

E3_stills_logo 1 E3_stills_logo 3

Moving on from E3, tomorrow’s update will be chock full of exciting new content. So much that we’ve not got the time or space to list it all in detail. The content explosion starts with the anticipated “Playground” space, and urban playground set in an environment reminiscent of Brooklyn 30 years ago. The playground contains plenty to do with a multiplayer basketball game (H-O-R-S-E), chess, rooftop lounge, and a stage perfect for letting your hair down while enjoying the original hip-hop and funk music pumping out.

PlayStation Home PlayStation Home

Drop by the GAME space this week to check out the newest Lunar mini-game: Lunar Duel. In this two-player game you’ll be tasked with lobbing ammunition of various types across the lunar landscape in an effort to eradicate your opponent!

There’s an absolute shopping bonanza in the new Shopping Centre this week. So much that we won’t detail everything. To give you a taster of what to expect, however, those browsing the stores this week might be interested by the following: Yakuza 3 clothing, Lockwood clothing, Karate Kid content, Darksiders clothing, Neptune furniture, V-Store update, Japanese-themed clothing and furniture, and more!

There’s so much new content for PlayStation Home this week that’s there’s bound to be something for everyone. Join us in the brand new Home Square and Shopping Centre tomorrow and help us celebrate this exciting occasion!

46 Comments
8 Author replies

Pretty sweet eh?

Wow, to much stuff, brain overload *BOOM*

Great stuff cant wait :)

Alex Weekes 16 June, 2010 @ 17:06
2.1

It’s literally raining cats and dogs amounts of content this week :)

great update , keep this up

hovercrafts lol

What a week, what an update for Home. Epic stuff. :D

Well done to all involved.

All sounds very good, will be sure to check it out :)

Is this content going live tomorrow or is some of it available now?

Alex Weekes 16 June, 2010 @ 17:14
6.1

E3 booth is available now, the rest is for tomorrow.

Best Playstation update so far in terms of content. Its also the best month of playstation home with the feva space, modnation etc.

Great work Thy and your Home Team

MairusuPawa 16 June, 2010 @ 17:08

Allow me to log in without losing OtherOS first.

Carla_Birch 16 June, 2010 @ 17:09

Great update (hopefully lots of female content also) btw Thy, is the EU getting the portal music like the US from thd Playground?

Alex Weekes 16 June, 2010 @ 17:15
9.1

There’s some pretty nice female content in there from what I’ve seen. Japanese attire, suits from Yakuza 3.

it’s a very very good update this week, thanks alex

do you have news about
-irem content
-capcom lounge
-ghostbusters firehouse content

thanks thy

Alex Weekes 16 June, 2010 @ 17:18
10.1

We’ve started releasing Irem content now, so just keep your eyes open for future updates.

On the other two, I’ve not got anything I can comment on.

Fantastic EPIC update! But question time :)

Anything to share with IREM Square update?
Are we getting the portable radios to?
Are we getting the Cabin Game that the US are getting?

Thanks Sir Thylaudax & Team.

what abt portable boombox alex can we buy them

Doe’s this new Home Square have weather cycles?

Mattiebo123 16 June, 2010 @ 17:22

Wow, brilliant update, i can’t wait :D

Good job SCEE :)

Carla_Birch 16 June, 2010 @ 17:24

@13 yes it does, but its edited server side by Sony when they so wish. Clues where given in the backdrop of Home TV where in one show it was snowing.

Awesome update Alex, can’t wait.
Biggest one yet! xD

Darkscorpius 16 June, 2010 @ 17:29

It’s not often you’ll get me in Home but I’m definitely tempted by this.

DANTHEMAN121 16 June, 2010 @ 17:46

From what thy said here “It’s literally raining cats and dogs amounts of content this week” cat and dog outfits FTW

EPIC update sony kicked ass at E3 and Home is all win

I tried launching Home earlier, it tells me I need to download update 1.36 then when I press OK, my PS3 just freezes and eventually beeps 3 times and resets back to the XMB, it keeps doing this. Any ideas how to resolve this, really want to visit virtual E3!

Alex Weekes 16 June, 2010 @ 17:53
19.1

You need to wait until the yellow hdd light stops flickering before pressing OK to start the update.

Darkscorpius 16 June, 2010 @ 17:53

@19 I had the same issue, it’s fine now.

Ah thanks Alex, I was worried my PS3 was on the blink, turns out I’m just impatient. Thanks

BalramRules 16 June, 2010 @ 18:14

AWESOME! But i cant access ps home for some reason, on either ps3 i go on =1

Sir_Gunnalot 16 June, 2010 @ 18:49

As I won’t be around for a couple weeks, is it possible you could tell me how long the E3 space will be around for (and subsequent prizes)? I don’t want to miss out on something that good… :(

Alex Weekes 17 June, 2010 @ 10:27
23.1

The E3 space is currently scheduled to be removed next week

Not a massive fan of Home but I certainly think the virtual E3 room is a great example of how it can be used well. Will give it a look :)

you guys really need to start showing full movies in home cinema and charge £ 3 or something so we can watch films with m8s and the community

where’s the E3 press conference, i can’t find it.

Your missing booth girls >.>

Great idea

ConvStation 16 June, 2010 @ 20:55

do you get to play any demos or is it just video trailers?

I would if the 1.36 didn’t crash my PS3.

This is great, I love big Home updates, can’t wait to visit all the spaces. :)

Btw sincd Playstation Plus is coming as promissed on this years E3 (around the 29 of june) will that mean finally we can also download movies as we wil be paying for this services

I don’t see the E3 room in Home.

Alex Weekes 17 June, 2010 @ 10:28
32.1

It’s in the Featured tab on the Navigator.

DAMN, the Content is literally out of the roof this week, I dont record having this much in one week, oh well, great job guys, im lucky I put my £20 netowork card on today XD.

Nice update, I’ll give Home another go. :)

Definately going to go check this out. Nice!

Can we get a Kevin Butler statue for our apartments? :D

I don’t even think I have the bandwidth to revel in all of Home’s glory :S

I hate you all. :)

Unfortuently for me.
I’me without a PS3 :(

PS3 + Fire =Dead PS3 ;-)

Take care.. good to See Sony did well at E3
any news as to any price drop on the PS3 Slim to counter the New 360 ?

I want to buy a New Slim but I want to wait for the best time if I can.

Dragonstorm25 17 June, 2010 @ 12:32

If only we could play the demo’s on Home too…

CoolRichy008UK 17 June, 2010 @ 14:49

what time will ps3 home be back on i kno its havin a humungus update today with

new home square
new mall
zen garden
playground
new shops
new stuff to buy

its been offline since 8/9am this morning and its not back online yet :( and its 2.49pm HURRY up done testing and let us at the new spaces and stuff

LMFAO you seem to have forgot to mention alex that you guys are ripping us off with charging 79p and 1.59 to play games in home now . sorry ill delete home now what a seriously new low for home

at least you can get ripped off,the other side of the ocean,
we want to get ripped off but our SONOT-BENELUX is refusing to release the videostore in the BENELUX,
but however is releasing the playstation+ service for 50€,with less functionality.

than again these are still the same idiots whom refused to release Play-tv since they felt like there was not enough market,
while we’r all happy that we can record using play.com play-tv the worldcup soccer without any problems..
another money loss for the Benelux..

Entropay, here i come again

Home is totally jacked after this update lol . Everything seems to be broken and there is serious stuttering when you enter spaces and pay to play mini games errrr nah . 12 gb saved home will never get better

I have a problem the final fantasy costumes & killzone 2 costumes are not displaying as purchased? have they altered them? if they have then there must have been something wrong with the & they should send a code to download the working version.
any help would be grateful.

Alex Weekes 24 June, 2010 @ 11:51
44.1

No changes to the items, it’s just a minor bug with the store displaying that you’ve bought them.

I like the virtual E3, but I think this whole idea of wandering around looking for trailers is stupid. The last one is too hard to find!

god_of_war575 24 June, 2010 @ 16:30

yea for some reason the E3 booth has dissapeared and i wanted to go visited one more time. Although the message on the ps home said today was the last day. does anybody know what happened to it?

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history