Posted

inFAMOUS 2 Gameplay – First Look

Blamed for the destruction of Empire City and haunted by the ghosts of his past, reluctant hero Cole MacGrath makes a dramatic journey to the historic Southern city of New Marais in an effort to discover his full super-powered potential, and face a civilization-ending confrontation with a dark and terrifying enemy from his own future. Gifted with extraordinary god-like abilities, Cole alone has the power to save humanity, but the question is: will he choose to do so?

Check out the below exclusive game play run-through of inFamous 2 which was premiered behind closed doors at E3 this year. For such an early first run through, I’m sure you’ll agree this is shaping up to be something very special…

<!–

69 Comments
4 Author replies

Still don’t like the new look and sound of Cole. However the game looks great :D If it’s as fun as the first one then I’m sure I’ll enjoy it, despite the new look and sound of Cole.

AstroZombie1 03 July, 2010 @ 16:07

Your announcements thunder was stole last night.

Dragonfire126 03 July, 2010 @ 16:08

Looks awesome, hope they gives us a demo or something.

Being one of the only people it seems that actually likes Cole’s redesign (let’s be honest, a bike messenger wouldn’t sound as gravel voiced as in inFamous 1), I think inFamous 2 is shaping up to an amazing game. I can’t wait.

Wow this looks shockingly awesome in an electrifying way. Sparks will fly when this lights up the shop shelves. :)

Elliott Linger 05 July, 2010 @ 10:21
5.1

Like what you did there TalllPaul ;)

wardragon989 03 July, 2010 @ 16:12

I posted this hours ago Sony =P

I looks fantastic, but the music with the violins are awesome x.x

I love Cole’s new voice. It suits him a lot more. His gravely voice in the first game annoyed the crap outta me. I like his new look too, apart from the random union flag cross on his pants… He needs a bit more colour. Maybe a coloured Jacket or t shirt or something?

Is this the good version of Cole? Or does Evil cole also look like this? :(

Either way gameplay is awesome, goty!!!

Stop whining about the new Cole! New Cole just got Drakey and interesting, old one was bland and kind of boring! I can’t wait for this game! Looks like the traversal got a lot better…

Yeah, game is muuuuuuuch better than the first one :D

that new power he has with the hurricane looks awesome, the explosion remind me of the movie 2012 lol and the pole thing he uses looks like god of war, a bit samey.

Elliott Linger 05 July, 2010 @ 10:22
11.1

Just to clarify on Cole’s ‘electric tornado’ move, you can do this anywhere in the game, this isn’t limited to set pieces or moments… :)

BalramRules 03 July, 2010 @ 16:52

AWESOME! Hopefully inFamous 2 will have Online Multiplayer+Co-Op, just like the Uncharted Franchise had.
1st was all bout single, second is all bout multiplay =P

Cool , now show uss some ice powers :D

OMG!! This game looks awesome!

Elliott Linger 05 July, 2010 @ 10:23
14.1

Agreed – thanks Alluxus!

danielmccue 03 July, 2010 @ 17:09

looks amazing!!!
———————————————————————-
i’m pretty sure that the cole in the video is the neutral karma cole, you start as.

GT-R32_Skyline 03 July, 2010 @ 17:26

That looks soooo good can’t wait

OMG! Awesome! Buy inFamous!!!

Looks ace,I can live with the character changes,but I hope he doesn’t become to witty.
Hopefully it’ll be out Q1-early Q2 next year.

I can appreciate the thought that developers under Sony are actually working together in some cases to develop better games.

Was said that Sucker Punch took some ideas from Naughty Dog.

Same as Killzone 3 will be more “funnier” story wise thanks to Naughty Dog.

But this is only rumors I’ve heard so >_>

Very nice! It has an Uncharted vibe (in a good way)!

SlipperyFella 03 July, 2010 @ 19:38

Looks like the original only FAAAR more cinematic, they are certainly taking a leaf out of Uncharted’s book and I’m really digging it :D

p.s that swirling electric vortex at the end was seriously goddamn awesome!

Why don’t You release a downlodable version .mp4 in HD (like you did with the announcement trailer)? Not necessarily in the PS Store, even here.
The streaming have a really bad quality.

Anyway.. great work Sucker Punch.
Just make another Cole (and I’m not one of those who want the old Cole, so, trust me).
A Cole like this artwork would be great: http://tinyurl.com/3xcooch

Nice, he could be Nathan Drakes brother. I love the Sony first party games so much, far better than any third party drivel or Microsoft garbage. This looks truly amazing. Well done sucker punch.

danielmccue 03 July, 2010 @ 20:21

in different screenshots i’ve seen cole’s hair is at different legths.
in some its short and the same stlyle as the first and some it is lonnger and has a quiff..
———————————————————————-
maybe, his hair gets longer as you progress through the game.

very cool and intense… looks like this is going to be even more fun than the first!

Why is Nathan Drake doing Cole’s job?

I mean seriously, what happened to Cole? :'(

The old Cole was so much better, rather than this “Drakey” wise-ass collage boy. I need only one Nathan Drake and it would be great if Sucker Punch kept the original concept with character that was really neutral and could turn out either way. The new Cole is like a boyscout.

Other than that, the game looks pretty amazing, definately getting this. But sucker Punch, atleast include selectable skin for the OLD COLE if we can’t have the old voice actor…

For the first 35 seconds I was very unimpressed, still not convinced about the new look/sound of Cole and the need for a weapon seems redundant for a guy that can fire lightning bolts from his hands, but as soon as he jumped on electric cable the old inFamous charm came back!

I must say the graphics have been hugely improved compared to the first game! Also if the attack at 2:42 is in-game and not a cut-scene then consider me more than impressed…

Elliott Linger 05 July, 2010 @ 10:26
28.1

Hey Aponomis, it’s absolutely in-game – and you can unleash it anywhere you want.
(also, it sucks up everything around it – people, objects – you name it!)

I can not wait to get infamous 2, infamous is one of my favourite games on the ps3.

Sony listen!!

Quote: Sony should buy Sucker Punch and put them under SCEWWS before they sell out and go multiplat like Insomniac Games.”

Apnomis

“Also if the attack at 2:42 is in-game and not a cut-scene then consider me more than impressed”

I’d be surprised if it wasnt,you can see the player moves Cole after throwing the lightening tornado.

I love Infamous and this will be just as good as the last one and better. To be honest I like the new Cole, he is more stylish and more appealing to people than the old Cole. However this game MUST have Multiplayer this time like Uncharted 2. Co-op on this online. Now that would be amazing!

holy megaton! that looks awesome!
graphics look really good too.

And cole isn’t trying to impersonate Big bosses voice anymore yay!

Gameplay: amazing
Graphics: AMAZING
New Cole: SUCKS!

GuttermouthSIN 04 July, 2010 @ 11:26

New Cole looks and sounds like a pansy. The game looks awesome, but if I wanted a character like Drake, I’d play Uncharted. I loved the first game but Cole’s re-design is putting me off.

I didn’t enjoy the first game but this one looks more promising.

SpaceCakeNL 04 July, 2010 @ 12:00

hmm altough I like the gameplay I really dislike the voice acting and the look of Cole.

New Cole is absolutely awful. Put me off getting the game.

All looks amazing just one thing you need to change THE NEW COLE atleast hes voice.I HATE IT.

BoH3MiaNRhAPSdY 04 July, 2010 @ 15:09

Awesome, voice acting bit off i live with it :D bring on 2011

New Cole is absolutely terrible. Voice acting for him too.

Perhaps you could give us what we want in a profitable way, by making the Old Cole a DLC on PSN, maybe that’d make you happy to change it :/

Seriously, it’s pretty obvious they made a terrible design choice by changing the character, way to let down the people who bought the first.

New Cole is so hot :) Love him.

Okay, enough about new cole, I think he looks better and sounds normal, Lets talk about Ice powers. I don’t think he actually has the ability to shoot ice or any thing, I think this is still related to energy. YOu know how solids become liquids if energy (heat energy in most part) is added and liquids become solids if energy is taken away. Well what if the “ice” powers are just a new ability for cole to take the energy out of the water molecules in the air and they go directly from a gas form of water to a solid form of water.

hell, he might even be able to add energy to stuff and melt them/light them on fire, the game is still in development and any thing can be changed or added.

I’ve grown to this game I must say, the monsters vs militia seems like an interesting conflict with it being powers vs people. The gameplay looks great and I don’t mind the look of cole too much, however, I still cannot stand the voice acting. Oh, can people stop saying he’s ‘Drakey’ as if it’s a good thing please, we don’t need another Nathan Drake, we need Cole!

Any chance of Monsters vs Militia multiplayer? please?

Son_Of_Bane 04 July, 2010 @ 21:59

Looks mighty good.

Son_Of_Bane 04 July, 2010 @ 22:00

@Chogok

Nice idea mate, just like singularity. Would love to see a multiplayer mode like that.

Let’s face it, people were always going to complain about the changing of Cole. And Sucker Punch must of realised that before they made that choice. I actually think the change is really good. I hated Cole in the first game. I thought it was terrible character design, which was a shame, because I loved every other character in the game, but the MAIN CHARACTER brought it down for me. This new Cole looks like he has more personality. Day 1 buy for me. :)

Game look STUNNING and all that but why is it the playstation blog is the last to post news uh?

I watched this on Gametrailers on friday.

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history