Posted

New UNCHARTED 2 DLC Coming Next Week

Hope everyone is well; the guys at Naughty Dog have done it again with some cool downloadable content (DLC) available on the store next week. Here are a few words from Naughty Dog’s Arne Meyer.

If you have any feedback for the guys then please let me know.

While this may not come as a surprise for some of you – as part of Naughty Dog’s continuing support of our multiplayer community, we’re glad to say we’ve got some new UNCHARTED 2 DLC on the way real soon.

Like, next week soon.

UNCHARTED 2 Multiplayer Skins: Chloe

On Wednesday, 18 August, the UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Sidekick Skins pack will be available for purchase from PlayStation Store. After the last two sets of multiplayer skins we released, we heard that you wanted more Sully, more Chloe and more Elena (among many, many other things) – and that’s exactly what we put into the pack. Not to neglect the villains team, we also threw in two enemy characters from UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune – Dillon and Mac – who complete the set we started with Blain and Dutch.

UNCHARTED 2 Multiplayer Skins: Sullivan

UNCHARTED 2 Multiplayer Skins: Dillion

UNCHARTED 2 Multiplayer Skins: Mac

UNCHARTED 2 Multiplayer Skins: Elena

The UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Sidekick Skins Pack includes the following multiplayer characters:

• Heist Chloe
  • Borneo Chloe
  • Borneo Sullivan
  • UDF Sullivan
  • Winter Sullivan
  • Wetsuit Elena
  • Dillon
  • Mac

On the same day, we’re also releasing an UNCHARTED 2 Dynamic Theme for your PS3. As you can see from the screenshots and the embedded video below, the Dynamic Theme features a scene from Chapter 15 – Train Wrecked, when a critically injured Nathan Drake is high up in the mountains, stumbling through the snow away from the train wreck he survived to recover the Phurba Dagger.

The UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Sidekick Skin Pack will be released on the PlayStation Store on 18 August for only €2.99 / £2.39 for the 8 skins. The UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Dynamic Theme will be released on the same day €1.99 / £1.59 as well.

48 Comments
4 Author replies

Finally a dynamic theme :D

1.1

Thanks Suzzopher :)

That theme looks sexy. Not £2:39 sexy though :P

that dynamic theme sucks i’m sorry to say D:

you guys could have made such an epic one aswell :(

i’ll stick with my PS+ theme for now thanks

TheDevilsJoker 12 August, 2010 @ 17:07

I think i’d feel a little cruel having that as my background! An awesome dynamic theme though, i like it when developers put the effort in with the themes.

4.1

Glad you like it TheDevilsJoker

Hey guys! love all your work! Please can you push Sony to put some of your content on Playstation Plus members, specially that Dynamic theme! :)

keep up the great work

HERMAN_JELMET 12 August, 2010 @ 17:08

Blaine, Dillon, Dutch and Mac! Where’s Billy?
I guess someone Is a Predator Fan.

is there gonna be a bundle with the avatars aswell?

any word on wnen we are getting the extra uncharted avatars that u.s got that feature eddie

8.1

Don’t worry they are in the pipeline, so keep posted for further updates.

seriously?! £1.59 just to watch Nathan limpin through the snow? You guys coulda done better NDog. why couldnt we get a dynamic theme of the escape from the jeep/tank scene thats used in most of the ads. woulda been pretty cool

Man I’m definitely getting that dynamic theme. T’was due time it came out!

Instant buy for both of these !
I’d love to see more U2 releated Dynamic Themes.

11.1

Good stuff CEK111 :)

Damn that’s a sweet Dynamic Theme =D

Also don’t suppose you guys could put all the DLC together into a bundle soon? I’ve been busy with other games and I’ve gotten back into Uncharted 2 and I want to get them all quite soon so just wondering if there is a simple bundle I can buy. =P

As long as the dynamic theme runs in a perfectly cut loop, I’ll be all over this.

I’m a huge UC fan but that dynamic theme looks a little boring for me to buy right away. Maybe it’ll grow on me, you never know.

We want new maps… not skins!

Sorry, but the Sackboy dynamic theme is still the best ;)

joshualeuty96 12 August, 2010 @ 17:42

Good to hear support for a critically acclaimed game is still going strong! I haven’t even got round to buying UNCHARTED 2 Yet!
Might Consider buying the Dynamic Theme!

So is this comming on the 17th or the 19th? I’ve read that PSN Store updates on Tuesdays for US now, is it the same for EU?

Carnivius_Prime 12 August, 2010 @ 17:44

Excellent. always love me some quality Uncharted skins.

And that theme looks superb. Love how it’s well animated but not distracting like a lot of other themes that put me off. This one looks like one I’d actually use.

still the best game ever made by far and away.

Nice theme. I would love to see a weather theme! when connected to PSN it is able to check local weather, and the theme changes accordingly. Snow, sun, rain etc. With a weather widget on the side displaying temperature and weather forecast for the next day.

Will the theme cover the TV icon for the UK?

Not really impressed with the dynamic theme, I think Sackboy’s still gonna be running near my XMB for the time being. Hope we can get more soon, although I won’t hold my breath.

That theme is mine, roll on Uncharted 3. :))

@Lancast_ #18
In EU we get udpates on Wednesdays, it’s gonna be 18th.

Dynamic theme… I’d buy it if Drake wasn’t that ugly pixelated :P

I’m a huge Uncharted fan so this Dynamic Theme is a must have for me ;) THX guys. More please :D

I love U2AT but am not into buying skins. I loved the look of the Infamous, Resistance & Killzone character skins as well but as a father of two cannot justify buying them. I instead only buy maps/game mode packs so my question is are we going to get any more? Also could you add some of the previous map packs to PS Plus so we can get more users on there with the DLC?

Thanks and keep up the great work, Uncharted 1 + 2 has completely defined my PS3 experience.

dynamic theme looks ok eventhough it could use some more variety (but then again, none of the dynamic themes offer much variety)

not into the skinpack either this time around..its mostly just old characters with a new outfit..i would have loved to see a new map or two in there..

That dynamic theme is alright i suppose, bit bland though.
would of preferred the train sequence as a Dynamic theme :D

JordanBlack68 12 August, 2010 @ 22:16

Wish the Dynamic Theme had more to it, disappointing.

Hey Richard, how much as UC 2 sold, could we have up to date sales data?

I love UC2 and played the story 4 times and love it.
But I don´t care for the multiplayer and I don´t like the milking of the francise.
Give me Uncharted 3 and you get my money.
:-D

Uncharted 2 has got to be my favourite game of all time :D
But I was very disappointed when the PlayStation skin pack came without their voices. But still I think they’re awesome :D

Nice, but got my game from the UK, and I cant play the new maps and skins on my version :( the skins and maps from the Portuguese store don’t work on the UK version!! Can you guys do anything to fix that ?? Would love to get all the DLC for this great game!! In Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 when you download the DLC maps it downloads all regions, can you guys do the same? I would really appreciate it… Peace… Keep up the good work, and thanks for a fantastic game!!!

buy a UK PSN card and make a UK account to download the DLC with, it will work fine on your Portuguese account then

Sweet, ND Rules!!1!

Great Dynamic Theme, it’s a must have for me ! :)

This a defo purchase for me. Uncharted is my fave series on the ps3 and I’m sure It’ll be remembered for many years to come. Cant wait to see Elena in that swimsuit, she is just so damn hot!!! Errhem…anyway, thanks and keep up the good work :)

The Dynamic Theme looks a bit boring imo. Glad you included a preview! Saved me a bit of cash!

I think there should be another UC2 Dynamic Theme, y’no da main menu for UC2, i think dat will make a TERRIFIC DYANMIC THEME! XD

finally a dynamic theme that’s justifies the price

wow the characters are good but the theme sucks i also think you guys should put golden guns on the psn store so every one can buy it

RussianGestapo 17 August, 2010 @ 14:03

I’m so tied to this series now that you could probably just release the characters all wearing speedos and I’d still part with my cash. That, and I’ve been waiting for leather jacket Sully since I saw him wearing it in the cutscene!

UC2 is my Farmville. Sad but true.

Uncharted;2 got alot of people have a bad conction and that is mean a laaaaaaaaag and bad for me and bad 4 everyone sooo we hope you FIX this big problem and its really make of uncharted 2 boooootiiiiing

Finally a dynamic theme but not really worth the pric

i like the themes and i hope when it comes out that in runs in a perfect loop like someone else said because i could well end up buying it. i was thinking that with all these skins coming out you should bring some comical one out , i dont know if it has been done before but put in some of naughtydog’s designers and exectutive producers i would love to go round uncharted playing as ted, =] it is ted right?

Sod skins and themes. Give us maps and give us them with the game when we buy it! The game isn’t exactly cheap after all.
Skins are so girly. If I wanted to dress dolls I would have bought one of those, not a PS3.

Themes are okay but only up to a point. I think that they should be free or very cheap, say 50 to 60p. To pay way over £ 2 one needs one’s head examined.

Waste of time !!! Waste of MONEY!!!!!!

Cool pack im thinking of getting on december my favourite pack was the highrise and the meuseum. I had an idea for a new pack it would be a monster co op pack and you fight the monsters until you get to your goal and if one of the monster is attaking you your game mate has to help you i think it would be cool

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history