Introducing 101-in-1 Megamix

It’s Alex Bravve from Nordcurrent here. Today, I’m going to talk about our upcoming PSP game, available on PSN only: 101-in-1 Megamix. It will be released on 21st of September in North America and on 22nd of September in Europe.

As many of you have already guessed, 101-in-1 Megamix is a collection of 101 mini-games in different genres, ranging from arcade and puzzles, to space racing and cooking.

Introducing 101-in-1 Megamix from Nordcurrent

The game is structured as a series of humorous TV shows about underwater world, music, cooking and more. There is an unprecedented variety in visuals and game worlds. This is one of the few games that can take you from the Wild West to space and from Paradise Islands to a fancy restaurant.

Introducing 101-in-1 Megamix from Nordcurrent

Some of the games are based on well-known classics, and it will be easy to get an idea of where the inspiration came from.

Introducing 101-in-1 Megamix from Nordcurrent

However most of the games are completely original. We had lots of ideas about fun gameplay and fun visuals that wouldn’t work as standalone projects, but would be really fun as a wacky mini-game. Here we were able to choose the best ones and finally do them. Hope you will enjoy them.

Introducing 101-in-1 Megamix from Nordcurrent

There are several game modes in 101-in-1 Megamix. The most important is TV Guide Mode – this is where you progress further into the game, unlock new games (only 15 of them are unlocked in the very beginning), get bonuses, etc.

Introducing 101-in-1 Megamix from Nordcurrent

More than a dozen of the games have an ad-hoc multiplayer. So you can grab your family or a friend and enjoy this mayhem together. There are two multiplayer modes in 101-in-1 Megamix – an ordinary multiplayer mode, and a Marathon mode. In Marathon mode, you are given a list of five randomly assigned games and you have to complete all 5 of them. The player who earns more points in all five is the winner.

Introducing 101-in-1 Megamix from Nordcurrent

101-in-1 Megamix is suitable for all ages and it will be as fun to play for your children or parents as it is for you. And did I say about the value for money? If you divide €14.99 (£11.99) by 101, it turns out that you pay less than 15 cents for a game! I don’t think any other game can beat us on PSP :)

Introducing 101-in-1 Megamix from Nordcurrent

For more information on our games you can visit websites www.101in1.com ; www.nordcurrent.com or our Facebook page .

11 Comments
7 Author replies

looks fun

Alexander Bravve 21 September, 2010 @ 15:05
1.1

Thank you Goonboy!

Sounds interesting, the visuals are a bit rough but have a certain charm :)
Will there be a demo?

Alexander Bravve 21 September, 2010 @ 15:06
2.1

No demo, sorry. But you can have a look at the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/nordcurrent#p/a/u/2/zDkX2QfTgXc

This game should be a PSN download for the PS3 with local multiplayer. I would definatley buy it. Reminds me of classic family minigames for PS1/2.

Alexander Bravve 21 September, 2010 @ 15:08
3.1

This game is for PSP. Hopefully sometime in the future we will do one for PS3!

Hopefully this isn’t another Action 52. Might wait for reviews first, sorry guys.

Alexander Bravve 21 September, 2010 @ 15:10
4.1

101-in-1 Megamix is fun! You should give it a try!:)

cents?

your copy and paste powers fail you padawan…

Alexander Bravve 21 September, 2010 @ 15:11
5.1

ok, eurocents :)

@ BeAkErOo: The Euro is also divided into cents. ;)

Uncool advert. That’s also an insanely steep price for a collection of minigames.

Alexander Bravve 21 September, 2010 @ 15:12
7.1

Keeping in mind 101 games, I think it’s a good value for money!

I have to admit, I saw the pictures first and thought, oh now wii style shovel ware for the new move… bad idea

then I saw it was for the PSP and was very relieved indeed ;)

Alexander Bravve 21 September, 2010 @ 15:13
8.1

I hope you will enjoy it!:)

Even considering the price per game, its out of my range for what I want. Shame because i’ve been looking for a mingames collection like this. I’ll wait hoping for a sale to £7.99 one day!! That would be a good price!

No Australia and New Zealand release according to the Playstation Store update? So it looks like its a no sale for me by the default ;)

I wish there were more games like this on PS3. There’s plenty of minigames collections on PSP, but where’s the PS3 love? I would totally buy this for PS3 if it had local multiplayer (even if a lot of them were simply turn-based) – it could make for some hilarious nights in!

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history