Hopefully you will have already heard of the game, but if you haven’t, here is a quick introduction, in a form that everyone can easily understand . . . a fun fact list!
1) The game takes place during the Sengoku era in Japan. This period between the 15th and early 17th centuries was also known as the warring states period as many warlords and clan vied for control of Japan.
2) The decisive battle during this period took place at Sekigahara in 1600 which cleared the way for Tokugawa Ieyasu to establish the first Shogunate in Japan. This battle is also the main event in the game!
3) All of the characters in the game are based on real historical figures from the Sengoku era . . .
4) But not all of their moves and powers are based on real life abilities (well, strictly speaking we don’t know that but I’m pretty sure they aren’t all possible – check out the video if you don’t believe me).
5) The game is known as Sengoku Basara 3 in Japan.
6) The series has been so popular in Japan that it has spawned a sub-culture of female fans known as ‘Rekiio’ or history women.
7) One of the main characters, Masamune Date, has been used in a poster for a mayoral election in Miyagi, Japan.
9) There is an anime series based on the game which is from the same animation house as the legendary ‘Ghost in the Shell’ and the anime sequence from ‘Kill Bill: Part 1’.
10) There are over 100 items to collect in the game. These items can be used to improve your abilities, weapons and your allies.
11) You can work with another player in the game to boost your XP and accumulate more of the in game currency as you take on swathes of enemies together.
12) Although your character starts with only one special ‘Basara’ move, you unlock more abilities as your XP increases throughout the game (some of these are truly mental, such as the 17th Century jet-pack attack).
13) The game will be launched on 15 October Europe and Australia (or did I already mention that one?)
You can see the latest trailer from the game below or head over to www.samuraiheroes.com to find out more about the characters and see them in (true to life) action.