Killzone 3 Goes Gold!

‘Going gold’ is a much-anticipated landmark in the development of any game – essentially, it means that the discs are ready to be pressed and the Champagne is chilling nicely. Happily, we’ve now reached that milestone with Killzone 3 and can confirm that you’ll be rejoining Sev, Rico, Narville and the rest of the surviving ISA on Helghan from 23 February, 2011 (launch dates vary by country).

PS3_KZ3_3D_ENG

Collector’s Edition

PS3_KZ3_Steelbook_3D_ENG

SteelBook Edition includes**

• Retro Map Pack – bringing two battlefields from Killzone 2 back into the fight.
  • Exclusive Killzone 3 dynamic theme.
  • Killzone 3 soundtrack.

Helghast Edition

helghast edition

Contents:

• Helghast helmet replica bust.
  • Killzone 3 Collector’s SteelBook Edition.
  • 100-page hardbound Killzone 3 art book.
  • Exclusive DC Unlimited Helghast Marksman figurine.
  • All weapons and abilities unlocked for your first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay.
  • Rise through the ranks faster by earning experience points at twice the normal rate for your first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay.
  • Three unlock points to use on any weapon or ability.
  • Exclusive Killzone 3 dynamic theme.
  • Killzone 3 soundtrack.

Picking up right where Killzone 2 left off, you return to the role of ISA Sgt. “Sev” Sevchenko. Beaten, bloody but not broken you and your fellow ISA veterans find yourself outnumbered and isolated following the events of Killzone 2. New enemies, new environments and new threats wait for you as the story for survival unfolds.

Add in 3D support including online, split-screen co-op campaign, and full Move support, which can be be played with or without the new sharp shooter peripheral.

Also keep an eye out in your local retailers for a range of pre-order incentives.

Finally, if you haven’t seen it yet, check out our latest trailer:

Cheers

55 Comments
2 Author replies
Cocacoladance 14 January, 2011 @ 16:39

link to helghast edition on amazon please?

pre-order incentives what woulde these be like t-shirts or more in content?

This game is gonna be SWEET pre-ordered the Helghast Edition from HMV

Also 1 more question is there any PSHome content planned i.e game launching/costumes/spaces

Cheers

want the steelbook edition

Yoink!!!
Helghast Ed Mine!!!

If available in Au.
Otherwise, Steel Ed.

When is the move gun going to be announced?

Chris Weatherhead 14 January, 2011 @ 17:48
5.1

Hi adge_uk, if you are talking about the Sharp Shooter, then we have announced this. Have a look at a bearded James G giving it a test run:

More details on this to follow in the coming weeks.

# All weapons and abilities unlocked for your first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay.

Does this start from the moment you login to the multiplayer servers, and then expire after 24 hours “real” time no matter if you are playing online or not, or is it 24 hours in “game” time…

Didn’t like KZ2 so wont be picking this up but that Helghast Edition does look worth its money.. so tempted.

so the helghast edition is 60 notes more expensive than the collectors? any chance you could give us more information on the size of the helmet? full human size or is it more a mini bust?

Yes! Co-op campaign! I knew co-op was gonna be included, but not through the whole campaign!! THIS IS GREAT! I’m looking forward this, 2011 is gonna be the awesome-est year for PS3-owners!!

Any pic of the actual Helghast helmet replica bust ?, the one of the US blog has been changed from the previous image.

Chris Weatherhead 14 January, 2011 @ 17:42
10.1

Good point, I’ll get an image of the contents added to the post as soon as I can. Thanks

£100 for the Helghast Edition!!! :o
Think someone Is having a laugh and no one else is laughing.

Tossing up whether to get LBP2 or Killzone 3. Don’t have enough money for both… What a difficult decision!

Any news on where the Helghast edition will be available in Portugal?

(Not promissing anything, the price is a bit steep, but the content almost justifies it completely.)

We want more pics in high res where we can see the helhghast helmet!!! please do so!!! and is the final helmet the same one we have been seen previously?

they all look so smexy! :) see, the Helghast do everything better than the ISA… even Editions!

cant wait to give the game a go!

Great news! But can you tell me if K3 will have Portuguese Audio or English audio and Portuguese subtitles like the last one? Also, if it has Portuguese Audio, will it be region free or will it only be available in Portugal?

Great News, well done Gurrelia,

I hope the soundtrack will be released on its own too.

1:50: Ezio Auditore xD

“Retro Map Pack – bringing two battlefields from Killzone 2 back into the fight”

Only 2? Not all of them? That something you errrr gonna bring back with more DLC later on then? LIttle bit of reselling the old stuff back to us?

I hate them round sticker looking things on the box art……..they would be ok if you could peel them off. The person who came up with the idea to use them should be fired.

Huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu!!!

@cocacoladance HMV exclusive

@liconan JB HiFi have it at an eye watering $250

@tiago-kun Hig edition only available in UK which seems a little unfair

*spits coffee out*
^Thanks Helfire.

Guess i’ll be ‘eye watering’ all the way to the bank cause,
i needs me precious.lol

Marrsterhausen 14 January, 2011 @ 17:37

I really wasn’t that impressed by the beta (& so was the majority of the people I played with too), I hope guerrilla has listened to all the feedback & made all the right adjustments before release… I’ll still probably pick this up for the single player (even though Rico is still in the game!) but honestly cannot see myself playing online unless some major changes have been made.

can’t wait to play… it comes with stereoscopic 3d, right?!

Helghast Edition, NEED IT ASAP! How much for getting it to now! :D Name a price.

im going to die,… whilst playin killzone in 3d :) cant wait…

Can you do an unboxing of the Helghast Edition ? Thank you :)

I decided words couldn’t quantify my excitement so I did an awkward dance instead. Seriously though, I’m going to the bank now to make sure I can afford this (I’m a little skint right now).

online co-op campaign!! BEST news ever ! Now the game is a must have. Thanks.

twistedintoform 14 January, 2011 @ 19:14

looking forward to the single player campaign – according to the BBFC listing, there is over 70 minutes worth of cutscenes this time, so hopefully more character interaction and backstory, plus the gameplay trailer looks suitably epic.

though as someone else commented on, the multiplayer beta had some serious problems which needed drastic attention, so i’m surprised it’s ready for manufacturing. i liked it, but i couldn’t see myself spending the 400-500 hours like i did on KZ2. it has potential, and could be fantastic if some key features from KZ2 hadn’t been removed for ‘accessibility’.

no UK retailer has a listing for the collector’s edition – what gives?. i’m interested in the retro map pack and soundtrack – would these be available on the PSN to buy separately at launch?

twistedintoform 14 January, 2011 @ 19:21

>> Tossing up whether to get LBP2 or Killzone 3. Don’t have enough
>> money for both… What a difficult decision!

they’re released about 5 weeks apart. you’d need to save about £8 per week, if you could make a sacrifice on something else, to get both!

there’s LBP2, mass effect 2, dead space 2 and killzone 3 which interest me.. though since dead space 1 was a complete glitchfest of a game that gave me a sour experience, ds2 is low on my priorities..

Any pre order bonus’s. I went into HMV today to get DC Universe online and pre ordered KZ3 while I was in there. This is my first time pre ordering a game so those retro map packs like amderica get would be sweet.

The Helghast Ed is not worth the £112 IMO, so I pre ordered the Collectors steelbook, pity it has no artbook…..but I aint paying £112 for that Helghast version…needs nore contect to be worthwhile instead of plastic helmets and figures:) The artbook is cool though but not extra XP for 24 hours…seems a raw deal..no matter:)

I like that Helghast figurine; but that’s the only thing from the CE that i’d be bothered about so not worth 100 quid.

I’ll stick with the standard edition thanks; and I like the boxart better than the steelbook.

and one more thing I was wondering. Why do the snowy Helghast (like in the normal ed. box) have than masking tape on the helmets?

# Rise through the ranks faster by earning experience points at twice the normal rate for your first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay.Three unlock points to use on any weapon or ability.

i am sure kz website states one of above also comes with steel edition no????….

TO SONY AN OPEN LETTER (Short one)

Please have the story trailer in cinemas, just before the main movie. Please make outstanding TV spots whit music and emotion that catches everyones eyes. Please have GG Herman Houlst visit Jimmy Fallon show again and show the story trailer! Please do a great tv spot on super bowl. Please do this and it will sell boatloads of copies. I want it to be successful! PLEASE! I have told all of y gaming fiends at my work (about 12-14 people) and I think I have made all of them want to buy this game. I do my best to promote the game, now it is your turn SONY! Please make this happen!!!

sincerely

Loyal Playstation fan
niked

I’d love to see the Sharp Shooter bundled with KZ3, it’d be nice to save a couple of pennies.

Also, what other games are going to have support for the Sharp Shooter? I know SOCOM 4 and Time Crisis support it, but are we likely to see most future shooters that come out support it too? Not much point buying it if it’s only going to work on a hand full of games.

i dont understand. does this game has online coop or not?

Hope we get more info on the game soon because I know very little about it. A complete run down of the feature set, some new videos, a bit more about the story etc. It’s no wonder Sony 1st party games are not mega sellers because the marketing and publicity are really poor.

@T-Jani

I totally agree. Why SCEE must ruin their covers with these pointless circles is beyond me. It already says Playstation Move once on the front cover, we don’t need to be told twice. Especially given that the vast majority of people will buy Killzone 3 not for the Move features.

Why we get boring plain text on the spine compared to North America and Japan, who get the official logo, is also a poor decision.

trophy info?

twistedintoform 15 January, 2011 @ 12:37

>> # All weapons and abilities unlocked for your first 24 hours of
>> # multiplayer gameplay. Rise through the ranks faster by
>> # earning experience points at twice the normal rate for your
>> # first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay.Three unlock points
>> # to use on any weapon or ability.
>> i am sure kz website states one of above also comes with steel
>> edition no????….

according to the listing on game also, it comes with the multiplayer unlocks. http://bit.ly/fQXse7 – click on the product details.

PLEASE REPLY, I must say that I until now I have only played Libration on my PSP, do not get me wrong I own KZ1 for the BC-PS3 and KZ2. I just have not got to play them yet. I am definitly going to get KZ3 to use both of my 3d NX Bravia and the lovely move.
I want to play 1 and 2 beforehand ofcource.
THE Question is whether you are going to release an HD-Classic KZ1 sometime soon?!?!? It would be a great start to give us a chance to own the Trilogy on PS3.
otherwise I shall start playing the PS2 copy :)

obiadekanobi1980 15 January, 2011 @ 15:20

I….WANT….IT…..NOW goddammit AARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coody-Baroody 15 January, 2011 @ 17:14

yet again us in EU get the rubbish generic PS2 type font on the spine when the USA just gets the graphic logo on the spine. i know its fussy but it really gets on my wick the way the USA always gets the better sony ps3 stuff. why cant they make the cases/spines the same? it just looks rubbish when we have some games that do have the USA type game title logo on the spine and the exclusives are the rubbish font type.

That sharp Shooter demo you did is so how all new FPS games should be played.\m/

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history