Legend Pricing For Legendary DCUO Players

Whats_new_DC-Universe_update

To show our appreciation for the early players in DC Universe Online, we’re going to be offering you the chance to lock in a promotional rate of only €24.99 for the 90-day DC Universe Online subscription. That will be over 25% OFF the regular 90-day subscription plan price of €34.99! You’ll be able to keep that rate for as long as you are actively subscribed and watch the savings pile up.

This offer will go live at midday (GMT) on Feb 8, 2011 and end at 23.59 (GMT) March 1, 2011. If you purchase your subscription during the offer period, you can keep that pricing for the duration of your subscription.

Below are the prices in local currencies:

Previous PricePromotional Price
South AfricaZAR349.00249.00
Spain34.9924.99
SwedenSEK349.00249.00
SwitzerlandCHF54.9539.95
UKGBP27.9919.99

Already Subscribed?

If you redeemed the 30-day subscription voucher that came in your DCUO disc box, you are already subscribed to the 30-day subscription plan, which will renew automatically soon. To take advantage of this offer you will need to upgrade to the 90-day plan. You can do that by following these instructions:

1. Sign in to PSN and go to Account Management, Transaction Management, Services List and select DC Universe Online Subscription to check when your current 30-day subscription ends and make a note of the date;
  2. To stop the subscription renewing, from Account Management, Services List, select the subscription you want to terminate and click Cancel Automatic Renewal to stop your current 30-day subscription renewing;
  3. Once your current 30-day subscription ends, go to the PlayStation Store and look up DC Universe Online. The subscription is available in 30, 90 and 180 day periods. If you purchase the 90-day one between midday (GMT) on February 8th and 23.59 (GMT) on March 1st, you’ll get the special offer pricing. But the 180-day subscription offers great value too – check out which is best for you.

If you have already subscribed to a 90-day plan, and it is due to renew between midday (GMT) on February 8th and 23.59 (GMT) on March 1st, you will automatically be charged Legend Plan pricing of €24.99 when your next payment is taken – make sure that you have enough funds in your wallet or that auto-top up is set to on and your credit card details are registered to ensure your payment is successful.

Terms and Conditions

Special offer price now €24.99, usually €34.99. Offer opens midday (GMT) on February 8th 2011 and ends 23.59 (GMT) on March 1st 2011. If you purchase a 90-day subscription during the offer period, you’ll pay a special offer price of €24.99 per 90 days for the duration of your subscription. The subscription will renew automatically at the end of the subscription period in accordance with the Terms of Service/User Agreement [link]. Renewals will be charged at €24.99 per 90-day subscription but, if you cancel your subscription or it terminates for any reason, purchases after 1st March 2011 will be at the usual recurring price of €34.99 per 90-day subscription.

90 Comments
6 Author replies
almighty-slayer 07 February, 2011 @ 18:04

Great news :D Nice one guys

Elliott Linger 08 February, 2011 @ 09:34
1.1

Thanks almighty-slayer.
Hope you’re enjoying DCUO :)

Very glad to see we are getting this offer as well :) I just got around to picking DCUO up a week ago (was always planning on getting it, just wanted to finish Mass Effect 2 first), and I’ve been having a great time with it.

Boring game got boring. Needed more quest variety. If this wasn’t online it’d barely get a 5/10 imo.

Hmm intresting maybe this offer tempt me to get it soon.

off topic Anyword of 3.60 come on WE know it coming just spill the beans & tell us I Want cloud saves before i start up FF13 again. :(

i new DCUO will be a little fail, thats why Sony is making some early deals straight after release…

Carnivius_Prime 07 February, 2011 @ 18:28

I do miss playing the Beta but I just can’t afford the sub even with this discount. I had hoped Plus subscribers would get cheaper subs anyways.

So if I bought the game tomorrow, will this offer kick in? Or am I too late?

Elliott Linger 08 February, 2011 @ 09:35
7.1

Hi Dewisant, the offer is available from 8th Feb to 1st March – so yes, you could purchase the 90 day sub and lock into the offer.

ouch, sorry it didn’t work out. I am saving for portal 2, sorry!

But i agree it was to soon for a discount maybe it didn’t sell well even LBP2 was topple of THE UK ps3 charts now dead-space-2 is Top 1 spot so no matter how hype a game is it will subcom to be less.

maybe i get DS-2 instead DCUO should be a plus package discount it would make a killing. :)

Can you help me answer a question mate? So, if I buy this game, and buy that 90 days subscription for that promotional price, will I be able to keep getting that subscription for that promotional price in the future?

Elliott Linger 08 February, 2011 @ 09:37
10.1

You will.
However if you stop subscribing and then try to re-subscribe to the 90 day plan, you will go back up to the standard monthly price of 34.99 EUR.
Hope that helps

Yes that what it says it be lock at that price always till you dont renew then if you do renew it goes back to old price.

i also see it as a gimmick to force ppl to continue paying & not end they sub. :|

It’d be interesting to know the conversion figures from Trial to Paying customer – any chance we could see these figures in about a months time?

interstella5555 07 February, 2011 @ 19:50

Thank jebus for once the EU hasn’t been forgotten about

This is not good enough, anyone who want to play this for a healthy MMO timespan is being screwed by PS3 not having a lifetime sub.

Don’t buy into this people, you’re robbing yourself. Wait and make them give us the lifetime sub PC gets.

£44.99 for the game
£27.99 every 90 days

lol, no thankyou, not even with this offer obviously aimed at subscribers who may be on the fence regarding whether they should keep their sub going just so that they do in order to keep the slightly lower rate. This game ain’t good enough to warrant the price of a few new games.

great news, will be renewing sub. I’m just sorry for those who still dont think it should be charge as your missing out on a great MMO. Any idea when the catwoman dlc and aphodite valentines quest chains that have been rumoured will be available in game?

Elliott Linger 08 February, 2011 @ 09:38
16.1

Catwoman’s coming (along with a lot of other new stuff…!)

I KNEW IT! THIS GAME IS FAILING ALREADY!

Any month now till they announce it’s free to play.

I‘m not really into MMO same as FF14 when it comes, as the story mission & events are in real time so getting to point A B & C to forward the game only other players going to point A while i on me way to point A only to find the mission has ended.

a good example was on the Last day of Beta we had to meet batman or superman i saw a message saying batman looking for ppl so i try to find him or go to the place that was to be the battle.

a few minutes later got other message saying they lost i was noway near the dam action that put me off the beta & probably the game as well.

it easy to easy to get lost the display on my TV was crap couldn’t see the ppl text well it not beta now but i doubt it be any clear.

& those special Alerts be real time as well so if you not fast enough you missed them. :|

I find it funny that the boxart hero is surrounded by lightning and obviously themed the same way while the actual game doesn’t offer an electric skill set.

Great !!!…
I can remember asking about this…. thumbs up

is this a slot machine ? can i win my money back? no game is worth paying a subscription for!

I’m in australia and all we have is the 30 Day subscription..so is that gonna change?

Elliott Linger 08 February, 2011 @ 09:39
22.1

Hi Kyle020
You have access to the 30, 90 and 180 plans in AUS on PS3.
Search for DCUO in the Store.

Lol its probably too late to start offering deals you should have listened to customer feedback and charged less to start with . even with the reduction the price is still far too much. This game will fail due to pure Sony greed.

Maybe if I didn’t need the disc, the perhaps I would have taken this offer…

i think we need a proper demo as the beta did not work for me it just kept stalling and i’m sure i wasn’t the only one

Yeah, this just smacks of utter desperation. DCUO must have failed hard to force Sony to start cutting deals on the subscription rates already.

Just in case they weren’t listening though, here it is again – most console gamers will NOT “pay to play”.

I give it three months and they will be giving out DCUO subs free to PS+ subscribers. it’s the only way they can save this game and it may buy them some short term interest in PS+.

Gotta love the pure ignorance amongst some of the trollers in here.

So firstly, SOE announce a P2P model and people cry out it’s too much to pay, considering they probably have NO idea how a MMO works in the first place.

DCUO releases to a rapturous applause from the PC AND PS3 players who have ACTIVELY embraced this new venture on the system.

Sony decide to reward the masses with money off, as well as attract new audiences and suddenly that means Sony are desperate??

It’s weird how some of you think, or should that be NOT think. It’s really hard to please an audience that takes with one hand and gives it back with the other. And you wonder why SCEE don’t give 2 shades of S**t about bringing content to us.

I personally love DCUO, and I’ve never played an MMO. I’m perfectly at ease paying £10 a month and even more please to be paying for what is essentially a month free every three months.

Haters gonna hate, though. Pathetic.

when will these new prices be added to the australian psn store?

spidermike_X , yes yes and thrice yes. its as if you ripped everything i was thinking directly from my brain! lol

Same brown-noseing never fails only a Fool put up with SCEE contempt with EU, i guess ppl don’t give a dam about our inferior region.

I don’t think i said i won’t buy DCUO you need just to look around here where all the answer None.

here 1 simple question then on DCUO is there a arrow pointing the way to point A?

as the Map is useless most games have a guide to show you the way in RDR it a red line on the map, on GTA4 it a yellow line on the map. :|

I double checked the store last night and the 90 and 180 day subscriptions were both missing.

The icons for them are there, but when you click them you get told that the content could not be found.

I trust this will be fixed in the store update today, otherwise it’s a bit naughty advertising a price reduction on something you can’t actually buy.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Those crying over “too high a monthly rate” clearly have never played a “pay-to-play” MMO before. They all cost more or less the same and DCUO really isn’t any more expensive than the next game.

MMOs aren’t for everyone either and for some, a MMO is a replacement for others games, that they might have purchased instead. If you consider how paying for and playing DCUO means, that you’ll buy even one less game per month, you’ve actually saved money by playing this. If you get tired of games really quickly or just want to play through their story, then MMOs aren’t for you. If you just want to have fun with whatever game, then playing a MMO is actually a bargain for the amount of hours there are to these games, DCUO included.

Will that offer available in Russia, “when” or “if” DC Universe Online become available for subscription here?

if the game was free id be happy to subcribe

but no way am i purchasing a game that i can only play for 30 days online.
Game should be free then id happily subscribe

Can You answer my question? What about this 30 day of play You get from new game? if I’ll buy the game tommorow I need to buy 90 day subscription plan right now and stick to it. Can I give/sell 30 day code that comes with game to someone else so it won’t waste?

Oh and more important: if I’ll buy subscription and then again buy 90 day subscription are those add themselves up, or second one starts from day I buy it?

hey elliott linger
to comment 22 and my comment 28, these price options are not available in the psn store in australia.
If you do a search in the store for DC, you see that there is a listing for both the 90 day and 180 day subscription. however, when you actually click on those two options, the response “no content was found” is stated at the bottom.
I didn’t write “hey elliott linger” with a smart tone either (before I get abused by someone). I wrote it mainly to get your attention as these options are clearly not available in the Australian store (I checked again as I wrote this just to make sure).
So can we get some clarification on this, or is it just Australian DCUO players getting screwed over again?

Dear Elliott,

Like #35 I have some questions about the legend plan for new players.

Let’s say I buy the game tomorrow and redeem my code for 30-day free trial. This means my “free” period ends AFTER March 1st. Now, I decide I like the game and want to suscribe to the Legend plan before it expires: am I able to do it while my free period is still running? If so, what happens with any day I have left from the free 30-days included in the game?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Hi everytime i click on 90 or 180 on uk store it just says no content found and it has done for weeks now

@ Comment 36

The subscriptions should be available however you cannot pay for a new subscription until your existing one expires.

If you look at the PS Store using a different account then the 3 subscription options for DCUO should be available to you.

I think this is to stop people accidentally signing up to multiple subscriptions at once.

When I look at the PS store I don’t have the option for the 3 months subscription either, however that will change for me in just under a week.

Just make sure you stop your current subscription from automatically renewing.

=== Comment 7 by Dewisant ===============
So if I bought the game tomorrow, will this offer kick in? Or am I too late?
=== Elliot’s response ===================
=========================================

=== Comment 39 by Shoji-jo ==============
you cannot pay for a new subscription until your existing one expires. So when your 30 days “Free trail” expires, the other subscriptions will then become available on your PS Store.
=========================================

If Dewisant buys the game tomorrow (9th) their 30 day trial will run out about 11th March – AFTER the Legendary Price promotion ends

So either
(1) Elliot is correct – You CAN buy a subscription while your current one is in progress (in which case the store is broken as no subscriptions are listed)

or

Show full comment

=== Comment 7 by Dewisant ===============
So if I bought the game tomorrow, will this offer kick in? Or am I too late?
=== Elliot’s response ===================
=========================================

=== Comment 39 by Shoji-jo ==============
=========================================

So either

or

(2) Shoji-Jo is correct and the store items do not show while you have a subscription in progress (in which case Elliot’s answer to Dewisant is wrong – unless he was suggesting that Dewisant starts paying straight away without using the free 30 day).

Elliot – please can you clarify the situation?

Thanks

Elliott Linger 08 February, 2011 @ 14:42
40.1

Apologies, Shoji-Jo is correct – if you have a subscription in progress you cannot purchase the other subscription plans on the Store. This is to help prevent people accidently buying multiple subscriptions.

Hope that helps!

@ Kevling

I think anyone who buys DCUO from today would need to forget using the 1 month trial and just go straight into using the 3 month subscription.
The store will not allow you to take out 2 subscriptions at once.

So if you buy DCUO today and use the 1 month trial, it will expire on 07/03/11 and you will be too late for this discounted subscription offer.

It seems like a reward for the people who purchased it during it’s initial launch.

I understand that idea Shoji, it’s just a shame that Eliot hasn’t made that very clear, which leaves it open to interpretation. Just wanted some official clarification that this was the reason we can’t see subscriptions in the store, that’s all.

***edit***

Forgot it was Feb so there are less days.

The way the subscription seems set up on the store, anyone who buys it today would have to either use the 30 trial and then pay full price subs (unless the offer is extended), or should just pay for the discounted 3 month sub and forget the 1 month trial.

Thanks for clearing it up Elliot (in your reply to my post 40). At least I know the store isn’t broken!

Hi Eliott,

Back on your last reply: “So if you bought DCUO today, and didn’t redeem the 30 day code, you could lock into the 90 day offer (then redeem your 30 days after).”

I guess that to “then redeem your 30 days after”, you have to give up the legend plan, correct?
So the 30 day code will only be useful in case I decide to stop the subs for a while and then want to come back to the game for a month, do you confirm?

Thanks for the support.

@Elliott

The idea of locking into this 90 legend offer and then redeeming your 30 days free would mean lossing the Legend pricing though right? Seems like if you bought DCUO without 30 days of the 1st March you will either have to loss part of your 30 days free, or give up the Legend pricing to use your 30 days free.

Posted on 8 February, 2011 at 9:37 am by Elliott Linger
You will.
Hope that helps

So anyone who buys it now has to choose, do they want to have a continuous discounted subscription and lose the 1 month trial.

Or do they want to use the 1 month trial and pay full price subs.

I really like DCU:online but i would love to be able to buy the whole game from the online store as i love games on the HDD and in my opnion MMO’s are prime examples of a perfect fit for a PSN downloadable game. (yes i would actually buy it again (i did that with MAG when it got released as a fullgame download some weeks/month back :))

i have one grudge against DCU:O atm and that is… VOICE CHAT!… am i the only one who can’t get it working ? (PS3).

as for the sub price reduction and proper information on how to cancel sub etc, love it!

I’m renewing for sure although i did buy it day 1 but i am still on level 14 or thereabouts (damn GT5 and LBP2 is keeping me too occupied).

ah yes February once again this time i got a slim not a phat does any-one remember last year your ps3 is so thick it couldn’t tell what day it is on march 1st no-one to go online. :o

SOLDIER1stZack 08 February, 2011 @ 20:39

Ok, I just looked and my subscription ends on the 12th. However, when I go to the Playstation store and look up the offer, although it’s there, when I select it, it says ‘no content found’ Am I doing something wrong here? Do I have to cancel the automatic renewal before it will show? I love this game and I really don’t want to miss out on this offer :(

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history