Posted

Digital Comics Store Update (9th March 2011)

Hi everyone, and welcome to the weekly comics update. We have 70 comics for you today, and a lot of highlights!

Blog Post 2011-03-08

Based on the acclaimed open-world PS3 game, the inFAMOUS comic is out today! Published by DC Comics, this 6-part series is written by inFAMOUS game writer William Harms (Impaler) and illustrated by Eric Nguyen (Halo: Helljumper, Strange Girl). While delivering a mysterious package, bike courier Cole MacGrath is caught in a massive explosion that gives him electric superpowers. As his world collapses around him, Cole must defend himself and his city from government forces that’ll stop at nothing to capture him.

The first Transformers 3 Movie Prequel begins here! In Foundation #1, the origin of the bitter rivalry between Optimus Prime and Megatron starts here – but what is the secret connection that will forever bind them? And how will it affect the future of all Transformers? Also available today is Rising Storm #1, featuring fan-favorite SHOCKWAVE entering the scene in a major way just in time for his role in Transformers 3.

Three more Sonic The Hedgehog comics to add to your collection with issues #141, #142 and #143. Sonic, with Knuckles and Team Chaotix, travels to the Robotnik-Controlled Angel Island after learning that Knuckles’ father, Locke, is being held captive. How will they free Locke? And what if the only way to do so is to team-up with your worst enemies?

Witness the start of an explosive new era in the Avengers mythos in Dark Avengers (2009)! Who are the Dark Avengers? Who is the Iron Patriot? The answers will shock you! Brought to you by Brian Michael Bendis and Mike Deodato Jr, and with issues #1 to #6 out today.

Markosia bring us yet another great collection of bundles today, with: Breathe, Haven, Hero 9 to 5, The Indifference Engine, The Lexian Chronicles, N-Guard and Ritual. There’s something for everyone here! We also have more bundles from IDW, including the very topical Dragon Age, Army of Two and three Silent Hill packages… all at a competitive price!

Here is the full list:

• Undertown #10TOKYOPOP
  • Van Von Hunter #8TOKYOPOP
  • Wonder Woman Vol. 3 #24DC Comics
  • Y: The Last Man #31DC Comics
  • Young Avengers (2005) #11-12
    Marvel

Please visit www.playstationcomics.com for prices and to see the whole catalogue.

Have a good week!

13 Comments
10 Author replies
Carnivius_Prime 09 March, 2011 @ 15:04

I bought those two Transformers movie comics issue 1’s in paper format a week or so ago and they’re both very good. I’d be happy enough to buy them digitally too if I could run them on both my PSP aaand PS3 :D

when can u see some digital comics come to the ps3.??

Pauline Martyn 10 March, 2011 @ 10:23
2.1

I don’t know sorry. :-(

Hey Pauline,

Good to see a day-one release of the inFAMOUS comic, although there is a considerable disparity between the price of the digital/print versions.
Any chance of seeing series 2 of Victorian Undead soon?

Pauline Martyn 11 March, 2011 @ 11:08
3.1

Hi divine1000! Currently the inFAMOUS comic is at the same price in print and digital ($2.99 / £3.19), so it’s a case of matching prices I guess. No news on VU2, I will ask!

SpiderMike_X 09 March, 2011 @ 15:32

No Spidey!!!!!

I guess inFAMOUS makes up for it. Would be nice to see what Cole has been up to, aside from facial reconstruction and rhinoplasty, and then reverse facial reconstruction. ;-P

Thanks Pauline!

Pauline Martyn 11 March, 2011 @ 11:09
4.1

He’ll be back. ;-)
Hope you enjoy inFAMOUS!

Ravenblade86 09 March, 2011 @ 15:34

Very nice update this week, though I’m always disappointed when I see DC going for that £3.19 price point for same day print/digital releases so I’ll be keep my money and buying inFamous #1 in four weeks time when the price drops.

Any news on a fix for the audio commentary in Slaughterman’s Creed #1 Pauline? Also, the audio commentary has been missing from a few issues of Eternal Descent and I’m wondering is that the same problem, where the audio was in the file but it wouldn’t show up?

Pauline Martyn 11 March, 2011 @ 11:11
5.1

We are looking into Slaughterman’s Creed, I believe we will have a solution soon so I will post here when we do. Sorry for the inconvenience…
As for Etarnal Descent, issues #1-4 have commentary but #5 doesn’t – do you have issues with #1-4?

Shadowdragoon 09 March, 2011 @ 15:59

Yes Still her and asking, still hoping it gets here soon, since it is not over before you give up:

The good old questions:
Release in Scandinavia/rest of EU?
Comics reader for PS3 (ofcourse this should only come AFTER rest of EU gets acces to the store).
And Crossregion gifting?

Pauline Martyn 11 March, 2011 @ 11:12
6.1

No news sorry!

yay, comics!!
i asked for bundles and we got em, now, next week’s lottery numbers would be nice. ^_^

i wonder why archie decided to skip a hundred and forty or so issues of the sonic comic, i could understand if they jumped to the latest issues but they’re up over 200 now i think.

still, i so tempted to buy them anyway. :)

i didn’t know dc would be holding the price of those same day comics for four weeks before dropping them to normal price, just had a look and the first issue of dc universe is now £1.19, instead of £3.19.
so while the higher price is disappointing, at least i know can just wait a while.

Pauline Martyn 11 March, 2011 @ 11:13
7.1

Er ok, I’ll see what I can do. :D

Hi , Can you please include Facebook App for PS3 (and PSP if possible) !! Cause it’s really hard to use facebook on PS3 browser !! and we can’t even chat using the browser !! Please !! It will really boost up the use of PS3 !! and am 100% sure almost more than half of PS3 users are going to like it and use it !!!

Pauline Martyn 11 March, 2011 @ 11:14
8.1

You’re on the comics post… Can’t help sorry.

Shou_Kobayashi 10 March, 2011 @ 10:31

How can I remove the Digital Comics COMPLETELY from my PSP. It’s great if you see the App, but can’t use that…

Besides, great InFamous Comic and I can’t read it :(

Yes i agree ps3 should have a Facebook app , me personally i hate facebook it bores me to death , but alot of my ps3 buddies want it , so please , just to shut them up give them their facebook app and give me some peace , THANX

Hello. As the little flag next to my nickname indicates , I am a greek psn user. I am pretty sure that we wont get a comic store in greek so I was wondering why can’t we use greek psn cards to buy comics from the us store for example. I mean, is it so difficult for sony to have a default store for countries that they don’t have their own psn store? Thanks in advance.

Pauline Martyn 11 March, 2011 @ 11:15
11.1

Hi DeadlyNade – it looks unlikely that we will have a store in Greece, and I’m sorry for that. :-( As for the PSN cards, your best bet would be to go on the PlayStation forum and ask that question, as unfortunately I can’t help you. Good luck!

You go from Sonic Issue 4 straight to 141? Any reason why 137 Issues have been skipped? :(

Pauline Martyn 11 March, 2011 @ 11:18
12.1

I’m not sure sorry!

Please, add all the comics to the french PSN store, even if not translated !

Pauline Martyn 11 March, 2011 @ 11:19
13.1

We would love to, but we would need a French PSN store and unfortunately we are not getting one… Sorry Nonos!

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history