Bring The Rain: Steel Rain DLC Coming Tomorrow

Back in February, we revealed that we were working on a brand-new DLC Pack for Killzone 3 called Steel Rain. Today, we are proud to announce that the pack is finished and slated for a PlayStation Store release on tomorrow, 6 April.

Steel Rain consists of two explosive new multiplayer maps inspired by locations from the single player campaign: Junkyard, a Guerrilla Warfare map which sees Jetpacks and Exoskeletons clashing in a rain-drenched junk processing facility; and Stahl Arms, a uniquely styled Warzone map set on the factory floor of one of Helghan’s largest weapons manufacturing plants.

The map pack will be available from the PlayStation Store April 6th for €4.99. PlayStation Plus members get a special treat: they can download the Steel Rain pack for free for the whole of April.

Check out the footage from both maps and prepare to take the fight to two new fronts.

44 Comments
4 Author replies
xSODAMN_INSANEx 05 April, 2011 @ 18:29

Cant wait and especially happ that its free for us plus subscribers :)

you haven t fix the rotation glitch with retro pack and you release another payed dlc ?im speechless with you guerrilla

I really enjoyed KillZone 3. I thought it was the best one out of KZ1 + KZ2 :P

AstroZombie1 05 April, 2011 @ 18:35

Free FTW!

Mathematicool 05 April, 2011 @ 18:41

That is all.

Death_Seaker3000 05 April, 2011 @ 18:45

FREE YAY :)
Proud of ps plus keep it coming :)

Free!!!!! Hazzah thanks Guerrilla :D

Any word if the PS+ discount applies to the US release as well? :/

8.1

Hey,
Keep an eye on the US Blog today. You should get a positive message quickly ;)

free? you guys in the psplus crew are on a roll!!
day one discounts and free stuff is the way to go. and for Se xperia play, the psone games, will get in handy

Finally!! Just when I felt like getting bored of KillZone 3. And the best thing is, it’s free for PS+ subs!!

Great that the DLC is free for plus sub!

But Guerilla! Why did you release the game when it wasn’t ready for release? The multi player is buggy and patch 1.07 is something that should had been in for release. So would stuff in patch 1.08…

I REALLY hope you guys/girls release your next game when it is ready…………………

Great effort! a decent DLC for playstation plus subscribers!
need to save up for the sharpshooter now!
haven’t dabbled online yet, want to get through the campaign first.

How much in Great British Pounds £? We aren’t mind readers you know.

13.1

Should be the same as the Retro Pack. But check the Store tomorrow to make sure.

MISTERwunHUNNIT 05 April, 2011 @ 19:04

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

@Co2-UK – I’m guessing £3.99, the same as the retro map pack.

This free dlc, the online storage for game saves and resistance 3 with the sharp shooter.

Playstation is really stepping up to my expectations. why did it have to be now that i find a career? i need more gaming time

16.1

/quote “i need more gaming time”
You and me both!

GReat to see Plus member are getting rewarded

I bought ps 3 month like 4 days ago to test it, and I think I’ve already downloaded stuff that would cost more than the subscribtion did. =D

For some reason i forgot the + in ps+
(sorry for doublepost)

obiadekanobi1980 05 April, 2011 @ 20:01

OMFG~!!!!!!!! was buying this anyway but to get it free whoooooooooooo happy as [DELETED] cheers guys plus is living up finally just keep it commin ill pay 60quid a year if the content was more like this wooop

now come on ppl buy killzone 3 [DELETED]!!!!!!

AWESOME!!!! FREE for ps + :D, this should make me come back to game if i can resist from MS:Apocalypse….

Free DLC yay! Will start playing again. XD

obiadekanobi1980 05 April, 2011 @ 20:12

guys moaning about rotation glitch just pick ur map and stop moaning bout it not that big of an issue not as bad as the auto balancing personally i love it it looks soooo good and the sharpshooter is awsome with the sniper

I really think you should fix the map rotation, before releasing DLC as others have stated. That being said, it’s amazing to hear that us Plus members get it for free. :). I didn’t even expect a discount, and now we get it for free, amazing.

I would really wish you guys at Guerrilla would reconsider releasing DLC for Operations. I think it’s a really great gamemode and it deserves continued support from the dev’s. I know a lot of people agree with me.

Death_Seaker3000 05 April, 2011 @ 20:13

Everybody just say one word. FREE

Sonic 2 n KZ3 DLC im happy enough O.o

Brucey Bonus!!!!

Looks great. Can you please make sure to add a rain level or two in Killzone 4 whenever you release it?

The single player that is.

WOW, FREE?!?!!? This is so really amazing!!! :D PS Plus rocks, thanks guys :D

lol, I suggested they do this exactly a month ago :]

Wow free? I didn’t expect that

Any word on Free Realms in the EU store update tomorrow?? Or a date?

Wow, really good news about free Killzone DLC, thank you :)
But what about Castlevania LOS Reverie DLC, can we expect it tomorrow?

Can you please add XMB status updates like COD!

obama-chngweneed 05 April, 2011 @ 23:08

sony playstation blog, please respond to this!!!!
this has me thinking about getting playstation plus.

i have 2 playstations with like 4 accounts on both of them, they are the same for accounts (there one for me on both, and there the one for my brother on both, and two extras),but i was wondering if i purchase psn plus for say my account does on my phat ps3, does it a) go to the other 3 acounts on that playstation and B) does it go to my account on the other ps3 as well as the other 3 accounts on the other ps3. meaning do i get psn plus and the killzone 3 DLC on all accounts and both ps3’s?

and do i get to keep the dlc for ever?

James Gallagher 05 April, 2011 @ 23:57
35.1

It is tied to one account but all your PS3s as long as you are within your activation limit (I think it is 5). You also get online storage to easily transfer saves.

almighty-slayer 05 April, 2011 @ 23:37

Awesome. Wouldn’t buy this, so it’s good that it’s free for Plussies. Thanks Sony/GG :D This will make me jump back into KZ3, at least for a bit. Which i guess was the intention

@Aryeh, could you respond to those asking about the DLC map rotation bug? It’s a bit rude to just ignore customers who bought your product and kind of odd you expect those people to then buy extra DLC when there is still a problem with the game.

Great news!!!

FANTASTIC PLUS news! This is what we want! NEW and FREE DLC.

I donb’t even care anymore that PoP classic is trophyless. :)

Free? This is not good enough, you should be paying me to download and play it!!!!

Uar2bePWNDagain 06 April, 2011 @ 11:08

Thanks for free for plus :D:D:D:D

Let me get? this straight $4.99 US dollars turns out to be £3.06 British pounds but in fact your selling it to us for £4.99 UK pounds. Which is really $8.11 US dollars. Your seriously think am going pay you that kind of unfair. Priced dlc for only two maps which do not rotate you got another thing comeing.

Loved both maps, especially the verticality with the jet pack in Junk yard. Hooray for PS+!!!

It’s cheap, free for PS Plus users, great maps, but I have two problems: Not everyone has got the map pack, so it’s difficult to find a game with many players. Secondly, Operations mode does not have many maps. Will we see more maps in the future?

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.