Welcome Back To Online Gaming

Blog_WB_online_gaming_EN

We’re back, huzzah!

It’s been a turbulent time over the past few weeks. Hair has been lost, nails have been bitten and our servers have had a well deserved chance to cool off. We love online gaming, and we’re seriously glad to have it back.

To celebrate the return of our beloved community, we’ve got lots going on for you over the next few weeks. With online fun nights, tournaments, competitions, hosted discussions on our forum and even the odd spectator event in PlayStation Home – there’s something to satisfy everyone’s itch and we would love for you to get involved.

All our events can be found on the PlayStation Network Events Calendar (which you should bookmark, it’s always there when you need some high-quality fragging!). Large scale battles are on their way within Europe in our main titles so we recommend you keep a close eye.

Also, if you want to know more about these events, or if you’ve got an event idea that you’d love to run – head over to the PlayStation Community forums. If you need help organising an event, drop your Community Team Leader a private message by clicking the relevant link below:

English: MusterBuster
French: Medeea
Italian: W_sal
German: Rockette_DE
Spanish: Gobobob
Portuguese: marle27
Polish: Cassiopaea
Dutch: Markaveli81
Scandi: IzzyJ
Russian: bios_fan

Don’t forget to keep an eye on the blog and the portal for more updates and activities.

See you online soon!

The PlayStation Community Team

263 Comments
20 Author replies

Welcome back! :D

Carnivius_Prime 27 May, 2011 @ 12:03

Feels kinda weird to have been PS3 gaming online for almost 2 weeks again after that several week gap. I was a hell of a lot more productive in other things when PSN was down :P

The Store???

cool cool but like everyone else I just want some info on the store (just say how many tasks are left until you can open it we will understand we don’t need a date just some info plz)

also can you please explain why Iceland(my home country) along with many others don’t have a PSstore we want to buy from it but our only option is to lie for a british acount and buy vouchers from retailers at ridiculesly marked up prices

also to anyone within Sony http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/extra-credits/3306-NOT-a-Security-Episode

mike_slate-21 27 May, 2011 @ 12:06

i have lost all my game data and progress due to this outage except on Black Ops due to the outage, i have also lost my First strike Map Pack, am i getting it back or what? i emailed SCEE a day after PSN came on about it and still nothing back
am i going to get it back or get compensation for this?

I want the store back ….. i want to give you my money :)

CloudStrief 27 May, 2011 @ 12:07

WE WANT THE STORE NOW PLZ

When Will IT OPEN ?!

erotagitsaC 27 May, 2011 @ 12:07

psn back since 2weeks… :)

MairusuPawa 27 May, 2011 @ 12:08

Online gaming? What? Are you forgetting that you kicked out definitely some of your users with OtherOS’ removal?

I’ll celebrate with you when this particular feature will be back on an updated official firmware.

Guri_Tricolor 27 May, 2011 @ 12:08

i dont get it… ive been playing online since may 16th…

When The Store il be open?

Aww! I was hoping this would be about the store.

WE WANT THE STORE BACK
WE WANT THE STORE BACK
WE WANT THE STORE BACK
WE WANT THE STORE BACK

NEW update 17% has already left to competition 48% is thinking about . But they were probbably not sonylovers so they wont be missed . To all you sonylovers i say this……………………. ……………………….. ………………………. ……………………… …………………….. , ………………………… MODERATE THAT

da_coordinate 27 May, 2011 @ 12:13

what about PSN Asia?.. until now its still on maintenance. :|

freecaster112 27 May, 2011 @ 12:13

yeh whit does this meen, do we get te store back today or tomorow time is running out guys don’t push it to the limit again please

undergroundgr 27 May, 2011 @ 12:14

ok,ok.now open the store again please.we have games that demand a pass to play online from the store too…

Are we getting the store back soon then? Because if not this whole “Welcome Back” post is about a week too late… and if we are, wicked but can you at least tell us what’s going on?

Why no new info about the store? The title is misleading… :(

This sux I want the store back. I buy DC and can’t play it because the store is not up. Now that’s money waisted thanks !!!!!

I thought the store was back, but Im not complaining as I know this is harder to re-establish, due to the sensitive information and data encryption.

Still not too sure about the communication over the whole thing, but thankyou for rebuilding a better more secure service!

ChristensenM 27 May, 2011 @ 12:21

Once again, another dumb choice of title for news that 75% of the PlayStation users do not care about until the store is up.. :(

Unless Sony will work weekend shifts on the Store, I do not think it will be up by the end of may, as they said it would..

// ChristensenM

Oh and don’t forget the DIRT 3 online event………
Oh wait…………
Nope cant play online…….

Muster Buster, please think before posting these silly blogs. People are not happy, why make it worse? I think this post would have been far greatly received after the PS Store is back.

DIRT 3 is not playable online yet.

MusterBuster 27 May, 2011 @ 12:38
23.1

I’m with you dude! I’m itching for Dirt 3 too.

Rather on-topic: The hyperlinks to the Community Team Leaders do not work. There are some encoded HTML tags appended to the actual target URLs.

MusterBuster 27 May, 2011 @ 12:41
24.1

James is fixing that as we speak :)

Cruiseshipfan 27 May, 2011 @ 12:22

Something tells me that it wont be up by the end of the month. Going by how many attempts it took to get the right date for the return of psn.

@ da_coordinate

I believe it’s back on for Asia tomorrow except for Hong Kong and Korea.

I need Store to open. Plz. I need to download Maps etc to BFBC2

UK_Ricky_UK 27 May, 2011 @ 12:24

But yet still NO store!

I think they mean all games and most services are back online (not all were). I really want the store back too! =(
I really wanna buy loads of Rock Band track, LBP2 and Marvel Vs Capcom 3 DLC, as well as the game Swarm!

Least they said their gonna try get it back online by the end of May (within the next 4 days!)

tellmewhattoput 27 May, 2011 @ 12:28

I need the playstion store OPEN as my old ps3 has died and i need to reinstall some games arrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhh!!!

Yeah, we’re back… until the maintence next week (It wason the forum or something)

And the store isnt backj.

frankkly, I dont give a flying crap bout these stupid things to do with resistance 3 or whatever the crap it is until the store is bacjk.;

When will ps store be back on really want cod black ops map pack

15# It’s coming back tomorrow.

MusterBuster# On tuesday their will be a maintenice. Could you confirm it’s for the store so we all don’t get our hopes up.

MusterBuster 27 May, 2011 @ 12:33
33.1

Hello chap,

I can’t confirm when the store will be back at this stage I’m afraid. Keep an eye on the blog for news.

Huono_peleis 27 May, 2011 @ 12:33

From Reuters: “Sony Corp said on Thursday it still aims to restore its PlayStation network in full by the end of May, adding that if it is later it would only be by a few days.”

So this means that there propably won’t be PSN store on May 31.

“Just a few days more, thank you for your patience…”

I3loodthirsty 27 May, 2011 @ 12:34

psn without the store is like having the keys to a top of the line sports car…………..with out the car

@34:

SOny doesnt reply when it comes to the store.

they dont care thats why.

To be honest the store wont be back until the PSN itself is allowed back on in Japan anyway so…

Guys….. what I’m about to write is not a joke… :(

I’m this close — to getting a different console.

Please, tell me that what I’m doing is wrong. ;(

I also want Store back online.

I got some couple of codes to redeem including the Klassic Ermac costume for Mortal Kombat. Also I will put 15€ to my PSN Wallet and when I return back home from Spain at June 16th, I will buy and download The Arcade Edition DLC for Super Street Fighter IV.

i need dirt 3 activation. i need la noire dlc.

want the store back now.

its already crossed my mind to just sell my ps3 and get the 360 versions of both games. dont want to do that. would like to know more info from someone that knows.

mike_slate-21 27 May, 2011 @ 12:36

oh thanks for replying to me, mines more important :@

I’ve spent over £100 on the store, I also have store credit saved up, these blogs are pointless, because users are only worried if there credit and transaction list is intact?

@34:

You got an reply. Im very suprised.

Its just getting frustrating. Upsettingtoo… I just want thge store back. :'(

if I didnt like trhe games on PS3 so much i’d just through myaway.

I havent turned it on since I went on it to change my password. There is NO point until the store is back.

MusterBuster 27 May, 2011 @ 12:40
42.1

I completely understand your frustration, been itching to get on Dirt 3 myself! I can’t give you specifics (I don’t know them myself). Sit tight, eyes on the blog, I’m sure there’ll be news soon :)

CodeMonkey_UK 27 May, 2011 @ 12:38

It’s been asked a thousand times already but when is the store coming back?

@23:

Your right.

All thes eblog posts about awesome online play, pre-order bonus’ just irritates people, because without the store we cant get those pre-order bonus, and people just want store news.

I’d rather nothing be posted until the store is back. It just makes me SO MAD!!!!

And -4 until the Store come back. At least if you keep the promise.

God this place is full of whingers, they said they are aiming to get it back by 31st May. Hence the maintainance next Tuesday!!!!!!!

mike_slate-21 27 May, 2011 @ 12:42

am i going to get it back or get compensation for this?
HELLO REPLY PLEASE

@MusterBuster:

Understandable, no offence but the COmmunity Manager isnt going to be told specifics.

You understand out frustration, yes? then please dont post these stupid frustrating blog posts thats just reminding us of what we cant [DELETED]

What is the point of this useless post, the mind boggles!!!

Martingutten 27 May, 2011 @ 12:45

One big question, or two. What will happen to all the sales that were on when PSN went down? I didn’t get to buy all I wanted. Two, what about all the day one discounts PS+ user would get for many of the games that were to come out the last month. Outland, Beyond Good and Evil +++?

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history