Welcome Back Content Is Available Now; Frequently Asked Questions Answered

With the PlayStation Store back online, we’ve been getting all caught up this week, having launched an abundance of amazing content for download on PlayStation 3 and PSP. Today, we’re excited to launch the Welcome Back program to thank you for your loyalty and below we’ve detailed what is available, how to go about downloading it and a list of frequently asked questions.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding as we restored the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services – your support has meant a lot to us and is greatly appreciated.

Blog_psn_welcome_back

Q: What’s in the Welcome Back Program?
A: To start, all PSN members who had signed up before the outage (April 21, 2011) will be able to select two free games for the PS3 and two free games for the PSP.

For PS3 owners, go to the ‘Welcome Back’ section in the PlayStation Store, and select 2 titles from the following list:

• Dead Nation
  • inFAMOUS
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty
  • Wipeout HD + Fury

For PSP owners, go to the ‘Welcome Back’ section of PlayStation Store on your PSP system and select 2 titles from the following list:

• LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
  • ModNation Racers
  • Pursuit Force
  • Killzone Liberation

*For the German market, InFamous and Dead Nation will be replace with Super Stardust HD and Hustle Kings in the selection of PS3 games. Pursuit Force and Killzone Liberation will be replaced with Everybody’s Golf 2 and Buzz Junior Jungle Party in the selection of PSP games. Killzone Liberation will not offer online gameplay functionality.

How to claim your free games

• Go to PlayStation Store from the XMB
  • Click on the Welcome Back banner on the Storefront or the Latest tab

screen000

• Go into the Welcome Back category and select the ‘PlayStation 3 Free Games’ item, and then select ‘Get Now’ on the following screen

screen001

• You will be taken back to the Welcome Back section where you will be able to select your two free games
  • These instructions are applicable to both PS3 and PSP

In addition, we’re giving free access to our premium subscription service, PlayStation Plus, which includes free games, huge discounts, exciting exclusives and added features like online storage and automatic downloads, to all PSN members for 30 days at no charge, requiring no long term commitment. As with the games above, go to the PlayStation Store and under the ‘Welcome Back’ section, select ‘PlayStation Plus: 30 Days Free’, and you’ll be given access to all of the benefits of PlayStation Plus. Note that this will not auto-renew and simply expires 30 days after activation.

Current Plus subscribers had an extra 60 days added to their existing subscription at no charge. For current Plus subscribers, no action is needed as the 60 days have automatically been added to your subscription. Another additional 10 days will be added to your subscription in a few days’ time.

PlayStation Network users will also get a large number of free virtual items in PlayStation Home as a show of appreciation for your patience while Home was inaccessible. More information and will be available in the near future, so watch out for any announcements from the PlayStation Home team.

A selection of “On Us” movie rentals are currently available to PlayStation Network customers this weekend only, where Video Service is available.

Finally, current Music Unlimited Premium subscription members will receive an additional 60 days of free premium subscription. Any Music unlimited free trial users who were affected by the outage will receive 30 days of service.

Q: When will I have access to the Welcome Back Program?
A: The content offered as part of the Welcome Back Program is available for download today and will be available for 30 days.

Q: I have both PS3 and PSP. Does this mean I will get 4 games all together?
A: Yes, as long as you were a PSN member before April 20, 2011, you’ll be able to receive up to 4 games based on the titles listed above; 2 on each platform.

Q: Are there any limitations to the PS3 and PSP games we are receiving for free as part of the Welcome Back Program?
A: None. These games are yours to keep.

Q: I no longer have the option to choose my free Welcome Back games. What can I do?
A: If you navigate away from the Welcome Back section of the store without choosing your free games or exit the store completely you may need to follow the below in order to choose and download your free games.

1. On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB
  2. Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List
  3. Choose “PlayStation Network Promotions” from the list of services displayed
  4. Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content”

You will be taken to the store to choose your remaining free games.

Q: When does the 30 days of my PlayStation Plus access expire?
A: Your PlayStation Plus 30 day access will expire 30 days from the date you activated it in PlayStation Store.

Q: Do I get to keep the free games in PlayStation Plus forever?
A: Content that is free in PlayStation Plus will not be available after your PlayStation Plus time has expired. However, if you decide to join PlayStation Plus, you’ll have access to all of the content you downloaded during your 30 day access for as long as you are a subscriber.

Q: Do I get to keep any games or content I purchased with the PlayStation Plus discount?
A: Yes. Any content you purchase at a discount is yours to keep, regardless of your subscription status.

Q: What content will be in PlayStation Plus when I activate my 30 days?
A: A full list of available PlayStation Plus content and discounts for our Welcome Back customers was detailed on the blog earlier this week.

Q: Where can I find the Welcome Back content in Home?
A: We are still putting our Welcome Back content for Home together and will communicate this soon. Check back here for more details – our aim is to give away content that has not been available before.

Remember, if you didn’t see your question answered above, drop us a line below and we’ll do our best to answer it. Welcome Back!

1545 Comments
15 Author replies

I already got all these games! But free + for a bit is okay ;-)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

wooooo thanks for these

flamingcarrot 03 June, 2011 @ 17:58

Great stuff. Cheers guys.

Pacman_Ownage 03 June, 2011 @ 17:58

Blimey, the UK actually seemed to get the raw deal for once… our video selection is clearly the worse out of the packages :o

Step Brothers <3

sowasred2012 03 June, 2011 @ 17:58

Thanks guys! Looking forward to getting my hands on Dead Nation and Infamous! :D

You forget to mention that free add-ons from Plus also stay after the subscription period.

slinkymcpot 03 June, 2011 @ 17:58

good but where is the maps for call of duty answer us please james

James Gallagher 03 June, 2011 @ 18:06
8.1

We’re working with Activision now to find out get that news on here. Bear with us, please. There is a lot happening.

SavingHumanity 03 June, 2011 @ 17:59

When will we be able to buy escalation?

SICCCCKKKK WIPEOUT CANT WAIT TO PLAY :D!

Cheers SONY!

THANK GOD.

Are we free to redeem the free games and PS+ whenever we want, or is there a deadline?

YEAH! MEGA-THANKS!

Lol, Trust me to have a problem. I have selected the little blue Icon and downloaded whatever that was. Then I went to select the wipeout bundle and realised I hadn’t deleted the Wipeout HD from my HDD. So I exited the store deleted wipeout and returned to find all of the gaming icons missing????????? I cannot download any of them now?

James Gallagher 03 June, 2011 @ 18:03
14.1

Try this:

3. Choose “PlayStation Network Promotions” from the list of services displayed

COOOOOOOOOOOOOL! ! ! :P Now people can stop MOANING now :D

Sorry, that was me not reading the text properly :P

michaeltk77 03 June, 2011 @ 18:02

James, my PS3 arrived the day the PSN was taken offline. Any chance to be added to the eligible people?

slinkymcpot 03 June, 2011 @ 18:02

maps news please

if i already have all thos games can i get something els ?

Ok what about Black Ops Escalations Map pack?

You still don’t answer to a important question for all the psp owner, why media go don’t work to copy the psp game from PC to PSP ….

James Gallagher 03 June, 2011 @ 18:38
21.1

I’m afraid I don’t have an answer to that but I have raised the issue to the engineers.

I now love you more than ever before. <3

+ i know this question is not for europe owners but the Japanese PSN Store is still down? + the Chinese PSN + Store still seems to be down? :-(
[i am not moaning at that tho, just saying, well i got Japanese + Chinese Accounts to] :D

I think i’ve come across an error, I accidently clicked on inFamous twice and now I cant get another game

James Gallagher 03 June, 2011 @ 18:16
24.1

See my comment above and try following those instructions.

Thank you guys! Sony is amazing :D

Nice one. Plenty of time to complete Infamous before Infamous 2 next week :D

Ah, Thanks very much. All works now. :D

As I tried to download 1 free game it said I didn’t have enough hard drive space so I left the store and deleted some demos and then when I tried to download my second free game they had all dissapeared! So now I am unable to claim my other free game! HELP

James Gallagher 03 June, 2011 @ 18:17
28.1

See the instruction in a reply to comment 14 and that should sort you out.

shaolinsword 03 June, 2011 @ 18:08

LBP, Wipeout HD and Infamous 2 workshop for me this weekend then. Sounds like a goodun

Same here joe but I thought it was because I clicked it twice

DylanSpronck 03 June, 2011 @ 18:09

We have 3 accounts on one PS3: My moms, my sisters and mine. Does that mean we all get to choose 2 games or is it just 2 games per console?

Carnivius_Prime 03 June, 2011 @ 18:10

I’ll take LBP and Infamous on PS3 as they’re the only ones I don’t have downloadable versions of even though I own all 5 games.

LBP and Modnation on PSP for me as I used to own the UMDs and I want to play these again and having them downloadable makes them sorta future proof on the non-UMD compatible NGP then I reckon.

Thanks for the freebies.

YAAAAAAAAAAAY BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS STORE MELTDOWN SYSTEM ERRORS EVERYWERE…

What will happen to any of the free themes/avatars that I may download once my PS+ trial has finished? Will I lose them as well as any of the games?
Thanks.

woho!:D finally a weekend full of infamous and LBP for me :D thx sony!

Shifty_Geezer 03 June, 2011 @ 18:14

HUZZAH!!

Hope every one enjoys their free games i all ready did when i bought them ALL on release :(

“Try this:

3. Choose “PlayStation Network Promotions” from the list of services displayed

I’ve tried that and it say’s games remaining 0, I’ve only downloaded 1

James Gallagher 03 June, 2011 @ 18:35
39.1

hmm, that’s not good. I’d say first check your download list in account management to see if you selected a second game without realising. If not, I’m afraid there’s not much I can do from here and you’ll need to call customer services.

slinkymcpot 03 June, 2011 @ 18:17

thanks for the info james try to hurry it up tho plz dying to play call of the dead

I can see the 5 available games to the left but when pressing X does nothing… why can’t i even select the games?

SGTSTEELFACE 03 June, 2011 @ 18:19

James what if the ps3 has two psn accounts can we get both games

Streets of rage 2 with trophies… brilliant :P

the1free_man 03 June, 2011 @ 18:20

Hi James! Awesome stuff, thanks! I have just one question. Say I don’t have enough space on my mem card in the psp for two games. Can I “get” the games now, but actually download them at a later date when I buy a big enough card?

James Gallagher 03 June, 2011 @ 18:37
44.1

Yes, choose them now and they will be in your download list for when you have a bit more space.

Well I’m facing errors when trying to access the PS Store, likely because EVERYONE is trying to download at the same time!
Because of this, when I try to go to the “Welcome Back” section, it says that no content was found, guess i’ll try later when things cool down a bit. xD

Enjoy the games and the the free content guys. :D

iriihutoR48 03 June, 2011 @ 18:21

I got some sort of error message when clicking the ‘Get now’ icon and now when I click on the ‘Welcome back’ banner, all it shows me is the PS+ icon. There is supposed to be a ‘Welcome back’ icon beside the PS+ one but it has disappeared.

These Welcome Back gifts are way too much anyway but I hope it gets fixed. :)

James Gallagher 03 June, 2011 @ 18:41
46.1

Try accessing your services list as detailed in a comment above.

acousticguy92 03 June, 2011 @ 18:22

It seems that the option to purchase the “PlayStation 3 Free Games” item is no longer there. Why is this so? Please reply!

James Gallagher 03 June, 2011 @ 18:41
47.1

If you accessed it once then went back out again, it may have disappeared. Try following the steps I’ve mentioned in a comment above to check your services list and get back in.

I’ve managed top get PS+ but no option to select games?? Any ideas?
Everything to the left is ‘unclickable’

Well I just tried to download my games and I got “These are not availble at this time” or something similar so I back out to try again and now they’re not even on the list!? Sort your [removed] out sony.

it won’t let me download anything, is anyone else getting this problem?

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history