inFAMOUS 2 – Launching Across PAL This Week!

infamous 2 ad

It’s finally here – inFamous 2 – the highly anticipated and critically acclaimed sequel to 2009’s smash hit inFamous will be making it’s way into retail across PAL from today. Check out the trailer below:

Take on the role of Cole MacGrath, who has fled Empire City only to find himself in New Marais, a lawless and violent city. His mission is to defeat The Beast, a dark force hell-bent on destroying humanity. Like every hero armed with a serious arsenal of superpowers, he faces a myriad of challenges along the way – but it’s up to you to decide whether to take the moral high ground or blur the lines as the end justifies any means.

inFamous 2 PAL Release Date Confirmed: 8th / 10th June

inFamous 2 will be available in a variety of flavours from today including two special edition DUALSHOCK 3 Wireless Controller bundles containing, alongside a copy of inFamous 2, a choice of a limited edition red or blue DUALSHOCK 3 Wireless Controller: red for evil; blue for good.

960297_3PA_RED_UK959284_3PA_BLUE_UK

Dedicated superheroes can get their hands on the “Special” and “Hero” editions of the game and enjoy a whole host of electrifying content and accessories. Finally, those new to the concept of shaping your own destiny, you can now pick-up a special 320GB PS3 bundle and prepare to hone your superhero skills.

959382_3PA_Eng

Availability of the above versions varies by locale and retailer.

So, having seen the above retail options, let’s take a look at the inFamous 2 TV ad – check it out below.

For those of you that missed Ross’ post last week, there is also a demo for inFamous 2 available for everyone to download on the PS Store. If you’ve not had a chance to have a hands on with inFamous before, I’d suggest you give this a go.

Finally, (cue the drum roll) I’m please to announce that the inFamous: Anarchy FACEBOOK app has now arrived!

Click here to check it out!

inFamous: Anarchy drops you into the post-apocalyptic world of Empire City.

While Cole, Dr. Wolfe and NSA Agent Kuo head toward New Marais to stop The Beast, you are left in a city that is in ruin.

As new life starts to find its way into Empire City, this is your chance to clean up the streets. Using powers similar to Cole’s, you fight your way through quests and missions, clean up districts, pummel rivals, and build up your own faction.

st_rochellearcher_square

Here are a few of the features:

• Complete tons of quests and missions;
  • Clean up the districts one by one – the Airfield, the Dockyard, the French Quarter, the Swamps, the Casino and more;
  • Increase your powers with skill points and wearable items;
  • Build up your own personal faction, battle rivals and show them who’s boss;
  • Create and personalize your own district;
  • Take care of your battery farm and it will take care of you;
  • Make moral choices along the way. Good or evil? It’s all up to you.

inFamous: Anarchy is live now on the FACEBOOK platform.

That’s it from me – and remember – in inFamous 2, Being a Hero Is Optional!

47 Comments
0 Author replies

This video is private… nice :-(

P-Stringer08 08 June, 2011 @ 16:02

I’ve been playing inFamous: Anarchy for a few days now and it’s addictive.

The pricing of Infamous 2 on PSN is just silly :(

Martingutten 08 June, 2011 @ 16:11

SCEE, you silly company. We do NOT like paying insane prices for our digital games. We know you think we do, but you are missinformed!

Cyberendpunk 08 June, 2011 @ 16:11

I have been playing inFAMOUS in anticipation for the sequel and I had forgotten how much fun the game can be. Just jumping and grinding around the city is a blast. Definitely going to pick up inFAMOUS 2 this Fri, and the demo more than convinced me.

I’m gonna wait a year then get Infamous 2 for free on PSN with something!! I just know that’s gonna happend and i dont really need this game now ;-)

My friend really wants this game just to get black lightning

Mini-Myself 08 June, 2011 @ 16:19

Wait? Today? It’s coming out FRIDAY here in the Netherlands! That’s not for another 2 days!

lukas_koran 08 June, 2011 @ 16:24

Are game saves from game trial compatible with full retail game? I don’t want to start again from the beginning and I’ve got box version already preordered.

£49.99? BAHAHAHAHAHAH yeah right, I can buy the SPECIAL EDITION for £44.99 why the hell would I pay that price?

Just got my Special Edition. The hologram cover is really cool.

shaolinsword 08 June, 2011 @ 16:41

Does that mean my NDA is finally void and I can spread the word of how awesome this game is?

shaolinsword 08 June, 2011 @ 16:42

Does that mean my NDA is finally void and I can talk about how awesome this game is?

Foolsgold6970 08 June, 2011 @ 16:50

I’ll be getting it at the weekend (but not as a download – silly Sony digital download prices).

i got jesterday infamous 2 = 69,99 €

tomoro wkc 2 also =69,99

uncharted 3 = no more i go tomb raider

i not like u price 4 games in benelux

59,99 € = max price

I’ve been waiting for this for ages… plat’ed the first one and so chuffed the trophies will give me bonuses in this one. Couldn’t care less about the special editions but have Friday off especially and will be off to GAME first thing in the morning to pick up my preorder! :)

Hate them purple round things on the box, why do ps covers have this its so ugly lol!

I’ve got my Hero Edition on my way from Play.com; very much looking forward to it!

I have a question though; I bought Infamous on disc and completed it, and as I already had all the free offered Welcome Back games I decided to get the DLC Infamous.

So my question is, are my old save games compatible with the new version? I know I can check but I thought I’d bring it up here because if not, WHYYYY? I was pretty peeved to get my free DLC Burnout Paradise only to find it didn’t take my old saved games.

DL versions and disc versions of games really should be cross-compatible! It’s a pain otherwise!

Also, kudos to all those complaining about the DL version pricing of Infamous 2. You’re taking the mickey… £49.99? For a game you don’t have to manufacture, box, ship, etc? It’s PURE GREED. In the real world I’d expect to see at least a tenner OFF games, not ADDED TO!

Sony, I love you but your decision making process is baffling.

Been resisting FB games for many years now… perhaps it’s time for a change? ;)

SpaceCakeNL 08 June, 2011 @ 17:08

Just received my special version, I’m loving this game :D

cant wait till friday got email yesterday from GAME saying INFAMOUS 2 special edition is on its way :D with DUKE NUKEM aswell & plus Call Of Duty Map Pack 2 friday aswell :D JUST CANT WAIT WOOP WOOP !!

Bassie_1985 08 June, 2011 @ 17:19

Infamous 2, Duke nukem, Dungeon siege 3…. all must-haves.
unfortunately I have exams untill july. Stupid university with your … master degree :D

Why do people have to complain on here about EVERYTHING? The digital version is more expensive… so? Buy the boxed version instead, vote with your wallets!

What’s Sony going to notice more, a few whinging comments on a blog post or a big fat zero when looking at how much they’ve made on donwloads?

Bassie_1985 08 June, 2011 @ 17:27

if you find it too expensive, just wait a few months:-) prices will go down. They first need to suck out the geeks who want to pay full price :D

SellKidz4Chips 08 June, 2011 @ 17:38

NICE ONE SONY. Ive downloaded Burnout Paradise throu the free 30 days of PS Plus. Ive played 25+ hours, complete over 200+ yellow gates and i was on the last licence. So what happens? The game doesnt load my save, it starts from the beginning…

SO YOU THINK I SHOULD START OVER? How the [Deleted] can this happen? 25+ hours to hell…

Have no interest in FaceBook whatsoever but joined just for this, add us on it if anyone else is planning on trying out inFamous Anarachy.

wardragon989 08 June, 2011 @ 17:53

inFamous: Anarchy is live now on the FACEBOOK platform.”

Wait wait wait are you telling me we don’t get these items as a pre-order bonus and it was just for America? WTH man.

billybong1975 08 June, 2011 @ 18:05

think this a complete joke, you only seem to reply to positive comments and if anybody has any issues with sony you don’t bother. i have a issue with your welcome back package. i own 3 of the games already and not intrested with the other 2, so what do i get out of this network hack, nothing not even your psn plus as you only get to use the content for 30 days. waste of time. might aswell join the enemy xbox.

scottishginger 08 June, 2011 @ 18:51

Pre-order it a while back so should get it on day one !!!

i got the hero edition off of play.com (for £100, im a sucker for collector’s editions) but i gotta say so far its been well worth it :) pick up inFAMOUS 2 on friday

I just got my Hero Edition a few mins ago love it especially the bag :P

[Deleted]??? infamous 2 is only available for 1 year after purchase from psn for 60 euros? And then what? heh.. guess what!

For the PSN version of inFamous 2, although it is priced rather high, you are paying for the convenience. People do have to make money you know.

I was one of the lucky that got this game last Saturday (4th) cause the shop I bought it online for shipped it out on Friday :D And man what a great game it was :D Played through it as Good guy, and considering to just jump in and play through as a Bad guy right away.

Good job Sucker Punch! Only thing that sucked was that to get the Hero Edition I had to pre-order it from some overpriced Ebayer…. kinda looking forward to that arriving also though… But please next time, release all editions everywhere, and don’t leave out countries for those great collectors editions!

Confused_Dude 08 June, 2011 @ 20:18

I know you’re busy, but a reply would be great. I’ve been playing Infamous Anarchy for a while now, what do i have to do to earn in game rewards for Infamous 2? I can’t find anything online, just a load of stuff about how you get these items through US preorders. Thanks.

Why didn’t you release the Hero edition in Sweden?

SONY !!! COLE WITH HAIR AS A SKIN ON THE FACEBOOK APP OR THE STORE !!! PLEEEEEEASE !!!! :D :D :D

I’ll be happy to give you money for it :)

A_Nonny_Moose 09 June, 2011 @ 03:25

“And here’s something really cool – by playing inFamous: Anarchy and levelling up, you can unlock cool skins such as the Reaper Skin, Samurai Sword, Caveman Club, and Sly Cane within inFamous 2 PS3.”

That’s not really cool, that’s ****ing terrible. Stop locking out in-game content like this. Seriously, if I had known this before my pre-order shipped, I would have canceled and waited for a price drop. I hate this nonsense.

mynameiserm 09 June, 2011 @ 12:13

when do we unlock the bonus content on the infamous facebook game?

I could do with a good laugh and was wondering if any of the Sony blog staff would be willing to provide it by attempting to explain why a digital download version of Infamous2 should be so much more expensive than an actual physical version of same game that has been manufactured, packaged, shipped etc. Go on, you know you want to. A prize will go to the best (most creative) attempt.

How is it with language in the infamous 2 pal releases?
I remember that it was kind of strange that there was different releases of infamous in the pal territories without being able to play it in english.
So I just wondering if I buy infamous 2 hero edition from france or germany am I going to be able to play it in english or swedish?

Any1 want to gameshare this with me :))

The price is a bloody joke God forbid we get to download only future. Why is it I can get a physical copy that will be available even when my ps3 breaks or I decide to not to have net access cheaper?

The price is a bloody joke God forbid we get to download only future. Why is it I can get a physical copy that will be available even when my ps3 breaks or I decide to not to have net access, cheaper? £40 quid sure I would have bought it but your price takes the mick

ligtningrod1 25 June, 2011 @ 19:02

Right lets get one things traight shall we Elliot Linger about Infamous Anarchy The DLC codes only work for the US. Seriously retract that part in the blog.

Wasted ages leveling up in anarchy im level 30+ no code still as they didnt activate them properly, and themn when they did activate the DLC codes they only work for the US.

I feel let down oh yeah btw still no darned code. :(

Rant over.

ligtningrod1 25 June, 2011 @ 19:08

Quote “And here’s something really cool – by playing inFamous: Anarchy and levelling up, you can unlock cool skins such as the Reaper Skin, Samurai Sword, Caveman Club, and Sly Cane within inFamous 2 PS3.
inFamous: Anarchy is live now on the FACEBOOK platform”.

Well lets hope the codes work if they can be bothered to dish them out, Oh wait they still can’t.

Yay wasted my time for nought.

Can US members unlock those skins by playing Anarchy?

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history