Posted

This week on the SingStore (15 June 2011)

Hi all and welcome back to the SingStore update blog post.

Wow, it’s been a while. It’s good to be back and I hope you were all keeping up-to-date with what was happening with the PSN outage on Twitter @SingStarHQ and @PlaystationEU and not been thinking that I don’t want to talk to you anymore because I definitely do ☺.

Talking of Twitter, we’ve just passed the 1,000 follower mark on Friday so a huge thanks to all of you who support SingStar on there. Make sure you keep on tweetin’ because as always, we just love to see what you get up to every day and night, and especially what you’re singing at the moment.

On to the update which I guess you’re all here for, right? We’ve got a few more songs for you than in recent updates because of the large gap since the April one and I certainly hope you can all find something to download on Wednesday.

SingStore: Lena Satellite

SingStore: Propellerheads feat. Shirley Bassey History RepeatingSingStore: Spinal Tap Big Bottom

As usual you can find the full tracklisting below but I recommend you dust off your mics for the following: Spinal Tap, The Alarm, Queens Of the Stone Age (to prepare for Glastonbury!), Propellerheads feat. Shirley Bassey and The Animals. And, just because I can, I will pretend that we haven’t missed Eurovision back in May and belt out Lena’s ‘Sattelite’ all weekend.

SingStore: Kid Cudi Day 'N' NightSingStore: Colbie Caillat Bubbly

Quite a few foreign languages tracks, too in Danish, Finnish, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish. Nyd! Nauti! Viel Spass! Buon divertmento! Divirta! Disfruta! (apologies in advance if any of these should turn out to be weird/wrong/rude).

SingStore: Motor City Soul

There’s also a nice little Motor City Soul Essentials song pack for those of you want to get into swing of things with one easy download plus four fine dance add-ons to shake your hips to.

See you in two weeks’ time.

Ninaxx

2raumwohnungWir Werden Sehen
Sportfreunde Stiller54, ‘ 74, ‘ 90, 2010
In Italian
BelliniCasta Diva
Eros RamazzottiLa Nostra Vita
In Portuguese
Ala Dos NamoradosSolta-Se O Beijo (live)
In Spanish
Martha Reeves &
The Vandellas
Dancing in The Street
Marvin Gaye &
Tammi Terrell
You’re All I Need To Get By
The Isley BrothersThis Old Heart Of Mine (Is Weak For You)
Smokey RobinsonBeing With You
Jimmy RuffinWhat Becomes Of The Broken Hearted

Tracks have previously been released on a disc.

62 Comments
23 Author replies

well after so long away I’m suprised that there isnt ANYTHING there for me, not even a song that I don’t mind!!!!! havent even heard of 3 quarters of these?

Nina Scherer 13 June, 2011 @ 16:21
1.1

It wasn’t really our choice to be away for so long either.

CRASHBASHUK 13 June, 2011 @ 16:12

omg the BEP was in the uk for raido one big weekend didant u think to talk to them?

Nina Scherer 13 June, 2011 @ 16:19
2.1

They were? Maybe you could put a word in next time the are over? ;)

Happy you are back, but songs not what I expected :(

Nina Scherer 13 June, 2011 @ 16:26
3.1

Thanks. Unfortunately, the PSN store being down did not provide us with a sudden miracle, enabling us to get any more/requested songs than we would have any other time.

Still waiting for PS Home welcome back package lol. I don’t sing lol!

Well that wasnt worth the wait! Not one track we want to download. Disappointing.

James, is Ross back on schedule with the Store updates now? Are we beck to Wednesdays only?

/Apologises to Nina for hijacking blog post.

Nina Scherer 13 June, 2011 @ 16:27
6.1

Np :)

CRASHBASHUK 13 June, 2011 @ 16:21

wow wait i did on your facebook page

Nina Scherer 13 June, 2011 @ 16:28
7.1

My Facebook page? I didn’t realise we were friends?

Hi Nina,

Great! 2 songs for every country in Europe to celebrate this new singstore update…. EXCEPT FOR FRANCE!!! What did France do to Singstar team? Looks like you don’t care about us anymore… Why??? :-(

Nina Scherer 13 June, 2011 @ 16:31
8.1

I’m sorry, I wish I could but I really can’t comment on this (otherwise you will not see me again on here):(

Wow… I thought after such a long break we’d get a big/amazing update :-(

But THANK YOU for the A-Teens!! And LENA!!!

More fun pop songs like this!!

More Steps songs would be great!!

Troy

Nina Scherer 13 June, 2011 @ 16:32
9.1

Yes, I’d love some Steps, too! And as I mention above, I am certainly with you on Lena…

philipathens 13 June, 2011 @ 16:36

It’s been so long since the last update.

Well there are a few songs that I want this time, which is good considering I havent downloaded anything since February! But I have to say that Singstar seems to have some difficulties getting new songs or big hits the last few months… :( :(

Oh and I still cant download (almost six months? :P ) the Dance add on of Born to make you happy!

Songs for me this week :
Bubbly
Hide U
Sex Bomb

as well as 3/4 dance add on.

Nina Scherer 14 June, 2011 @ 12:35
11.1

Happy singing (and dancing)!

Can you try to delete the song and add-on and re-download, please? Let me know how it goes.

BoH3MiaNRhAPSdY 13 June, 2011 @ 16:37

Lena meyer landrut thats just awesome , i love her :D

Nina Scherer 14 June, 2011 @ 12:37
12.1

‘Like a satellite…..’ :)

Claudio-Bertozzi 13 June, 2011 @ 16:53

Nina :D Finally we get a new update thank you, i’m getting a few songs this week. I’m gonna get Lena – Satelite, Kosheen – Hide u and Eros Ramazzotti – La Nostra Vita

Well Nina, great to see you back and thanks for the good update ;) hope the updates will stay as good as this one ;)

See you in two weeks

Claudio

Nina Scherer 14 June, 2011 @ 12:39
13.1

Thanks, Claudio, it’s good to be back after a few unvoluntary weeks off. I can’t promise anything on the updates but as always, we are trying to do our best… Enjoy!

invading_space 13 June, 2011 @ 16:57

Honestly I am a bit disappointed. I figured that missing at the least 3 updates there would have been quite a few more songs, then again maybe the updates would have been relatively small. Still it saddens me a bit that such a terrific product (I really enjoy and admire what Singstar has done for the music game genre, as it is more pure in my opinion to the source).

Still what can you do if artists and record labels don’t want to play play. Hopefully SCEE management realize that Singstar with the right positioning and support is bonafide gold.

Nina Scherer 14 June, 2011 @ 12:41
14.1

You’ve hit the nail on the head – they would have been pretty samall like the ones before :(.

Hopefully one day soon we’re in a position to get many more amazing songs for you again. Fingers crossed!

Speaking of French, any chance of getting Emilie Simon songs? My girlfriend would love that. Most of our Singstar purchases are made by her anyways.

I would love some Steps too WITH dance addon ;)

martouf-singstar 13 June, 2011 @ 17:18

Hi Nina,

Glad everything’s finally back to normal !!
I’ll have 4 songs this time ! Not even in my wildest dreams would I have imagined to find KOSHEEN & PROPELLERHEADS on the Singstore ;-) ; THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THESE TWO TRACKS !!! And I’ll sing along to THE ANIMALS’ & TOM JONES’ hits too.

One question : why isn’t the Singstore part of the “Welcome back” policy ? That would so kind of you to offer 2 songs to each and everyone of us !!

And I agree with post 14 : we definitely need some EMILIE SIMON songs !!!!

See u next time. Have a nice day.

Nina Scherer 14 June, 2011 @ 12:50
17.1

Ha – glad you like the surprise :)

It’s a PSN Store ‘Welcome Pack’ and unfortunately it wouldn’t have been as easy as just jumping on the bandwagon with the SingStore.

Have nice day yourself x

Please can be have ‘On the Floor’by J’lo and Pitbull Its the only song i really want.

I understand it wasnt your fault that you were away for so long but that doesnt excuse the pure show of songs and the lack of communication by Singstar whilst the PSN was down on facebook we heard from you guys ONCE and that was to say when you HOPED to have the next update, and there are people like me that can’t stand twitter so rely on facebook as the next best thing to get an update but heard nothing, I heard that you guys had gotten some sort of contract for songs from like universal music or something but still we get these songs.

Show full comment

I know that people ask this all the time but we don’t see big stars like Michael Jackson (solo stuff), Madonna, Glee, Tinie Temphah, Eminem, MORE JLS, MORE LADY GAGA, the list goes on, can understand why you cant answer everyone as to why you havent got specific artists but the artists that people ask for day in day out such as Lady GaGa – who at the moment must be the most wanted star on the planet – but instead all we get is its hard to get the song’s.

As you have more obscure songs hopefully that means I may be able to see music on here in future by my favourite band – New Model Army.

Nina Scherer 14 June, 2011 @ 12:55
19.1

I really am not sure what you want me say. Just beacause we have one song by an artist available, does not mean we can just have all of them, new ones, older ones etc.

Music licensing and rights is a complicated business and I don’t understand the half of it but that is just how it is. Hoping to get more of the stuff you want soon. There is always light on the musical horizon :)

Would love some Jedward with ‘Lipstick’ on there! ;)

ShinyGoldfish 13 June, 2011 @ 18:24

Nina, you’re back! \o/

Thanks for Lena and OK Go :)

Nina Scherer 14 June, 2011 @ 12:57
21.1

I am and you’re welcome.

Well the update is good but not great. I’m fine with Colbie Caillat, Tom Jones, Ok Go and Eros Ramazzotti. And the dance add-ons are great as always. Keep bringing more great hits for us, please!!!

Hi Nina. Thanks for the update. Can’t remember the last time I purchases a new song but that is just down to taste. My question is this. At e3 last week London studios showcase a new game called dancestar and I could not help notice some ofte newer songs on there. Lmfo . Can u explain how the same company can obtain these songs for a dance game but not a singing game, especially ad you can sing along in the new game as well. Thanks

martouf-singstar 13 June, 2011 @ 19:14

It’s me again !

Here are a few singles I’d kill for !!!

. BETH DITTO – I wrote the book / Open heart surgery
. EDITORS – An end has a start
. ADELE – Hometown glory / Rolling in the deep
. JEAN ROCH – My love is over
. THE DELAYS – Valentine
. SCISSOR SISTERS – Fire with fire / Any which way
. KEANE : This is the last time
. BLUR – Country house
. JAY BRANNAN – Can’t have it all / Housewife
. METRIC – Dead disco
. BAT FOR LASHES – Daniel
. GOSSIP – Heavy cross / Men in love
. SINEAD O’CONNOR – No man’s woman
. MAROON 5 – Harder to breathe
. MANIC STREET PREACHERS – If you tolerate this, then your children will be next

Hope you’ll do your best to have them all !! And please add some more Kosheen, like ‘Catch’.

Show full comment

It’s me again !

Here are a few singles I’d kill for !!!

. BETH DITTO – I wrote the book / Open heart surgery
. METRIC – Dead disco
. BAT FOR LASHES – Daniel
. GOSSIP – Heavy cross / Men in love
. SINEAD O’CONNOR – No man’s woman
. MAROON 5 – Harder to breathe

quidditys_shore 13 June, 2011 @ 19:25

i love singstar but am constantly disappointed with the lack of decent songs in the updates.
it would be good it there was atleast 1 current chart song on each update, plus it’d sell more now that it will in t future

Queens of the Stone Age “No One Knows” is awesome but the big surprise is Spinal Tap “Big Bottom”. Kudos for getting Big Bottom. Just to let you know Nina, Rise Against “Prayer of the Refugee” has already been released on disc for Singstar Vol 2 (USA)

Nina Scherer 14 June, 2011 @ 14:47
26.1

Hey – nicely spotted. Remember that this is the European update and I didn’t include this one as only released on a US disc previously.

Personally I prefer RockBand 3 now. There are more songs available and they are cheaper. I seriously can play with multiple people as well without people being biased as they wouldn’t rate 1 star for my skills. Singstar used to be fun.

So how was the 2 month long vacation?
Is this what you come up with after 2 months!?

And not even a welcome back free song? All music games have free songs now and then. You never gave anything away.

Cheap AND lazy.

Sorry but I stop supporting you, you are not worth it.

Nina Scherer 14 June, 2011 @ 14:44
28.1

Thanks for your comment. I wish we’d had a vacation out of it but it was quite the opposite. Well, I guess I better go and work a little more on my tan now… Have a nice day.

AT LAST YOU RETURN! THIS IS GOOD!

However, while being pleased for a new update, the lack of communication over when the next update was happening was actually terrible. The least you could have done is posted an update on the blog as to when you would be back. I searched all over the internet to try and find out what was happening with the singstore, to no avail. I appreciate you have had difficulties due to the PSN, but keeping your customers in the dark for 2 months isn’t good business practice.

Nina Scherer 14 June, 2011 @ 14:56
29.1

Nina has returned.

Sorry, we didn’t have any information ourselves about when things would be available again. We were keeping people in the loop on Twitter/@SingStarHQ as much as possible and as soon as any PSN news reached us we would tweet and the @PlayStationEU blog guys would post things on here, too. Apologies if you weren’t been able to find anyting out obout this sooner.

CoolRichy008UK 13 June, 2011 @ 20:45

forget singstar episodes 3 and 4 of back to future this wedsday

MonsterRacer 13 June, 2011 @ 21:13

Heee Nina,

Glad you are back with us ;-)

Can you tell something about new dutch numbers? Havent seen any in 1,5 year now.

Would be very nice to see some new dutch songs very soon.

Please let me know

Thanks and greetings MonsterRacer

Nina Scherer 14 June, 2011 @ 15:06
31.1

Not sure if there are any in the pipeline at the moment.

Hi Nina, glad to see you are all back!

When I traded-in my PS3 for a PS3 slim none of my downloaded SingStar songs work, and I get a permission error message. I rang Sony and they said to try again, but it still doesn’t work. It wasn’t even that many songs but I paid for them so I would like to be able to use them on my one and only PS3.

What is the process to get Sony to allow my purchased SingStar songs on my PS3?

thanks!

Only Kosheen for me any chance on getting Catch from Kosheen.

ruinereraser 13 June, 2011 @ 21:35

@VenomUK – I had similar issue when replacing my phat PS3 with slim model. I’ve rang Playstation customer service, given them old and new PS3 serial numbers and they said to redownload all songs again on slim model within a weeks time – I’ve done so and all my previous purchases worked again since then.

More Tinie Tempah and Jessie J! And id kill for J-Lo + Pitbull – On The Floor.

As for this update, pretty poor, but i might grab day n nite along with a few older ones i was going to buy anyway, like Example and Dizzee Rascal

Hi Nina, any chance we can get a sinsgtar update with a own “stats” page where it tells how many songs we have singed in solo, duel, and co-op etc?, would be great to know how many you have left for the throphy you know :)

You should make a pack with Playstation games theme songs!!

Kingdom Hearts 1+2
Metal Gear Solid 3/Peace Walker
Final Fantasy games
Mirrors Edge

goodnightbanana 14 June, 2011 @ 05:08

@JIM_13

PLEASE NINA!!!! :)

x

Nina Scherer 14 June, 2011 @ 15:09
38.1

Haha! Not sure begging helps but always worth a try :)

the only thing i want to put forth is that the count down has already started and still no word on the welcome back package for playstation home and the only thing we’ve heard was they were putting it together and they were giving us things we never got before but that was before the E3 distraction and the White Knight home space with the free costume i hope thats not the welcome back package we were promised sure would be lame please Sony U.K. give us what you promised us please

Sixpence None The Richer – KISS ME !!

hello can you tell me how much dancestar addons for singstar will be please? thank you for your help.

Nina Scherer 14 June, 2011 @ 15:59
41.1

DanceStar Party is an entirely diffent game to SingStar so it is not possible to upgrade content.

Good to see you back Nina. :)

Nina Scherer 14 June, 2011 @ 15:10
42.1

Thank you, you too!

FunFontaine 14 June, 2011 @ 10:50

SINGSTAR IS DYING!

Six weeks without an update and this miserable offering upon it’s return only proves that the Singstar team are unable / unwilling to purchase anymore big songs.

What a shame a great product is suffering from a slow death. My time, my investment (I’ve purchased over a 100 songs in the past) and my hopes all end in tears.

RIP Singstar. Thank you for the memories.

I’m going to spend my future money on Apple products.

As Pulp are making a comeback and doing the festivals, how about some classic Pulp tunes pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? I don’t mean “Common People”, I mean songs like Disco 2000, Babies, Razzamatazz, Lipgloss…

Also I’d like to request more songs from the early/mid-90s, particularly the Britpop years. Sure you got a lot of Blur (or at least I have) but stuff like Slight Return by The Bluetones and a few classic Charlatans tracks would be grrrrrrrrrrreat.

pants pants pants – hang on, didn’t we used to get this amount of songs per fortnight? and how longs psn been down for??

key one for me – an oasis singstar

Nina Scherer 14 June, 2011 @ 15:17
45.1

Maybe mention it to the Gallaghers next time you bump into them? :)

FunFontaine 14 June, 2011 @ 14:40

Oasis singstar would be awesome. However, this will never happen. The chaps at Singstar have neither the influence or money to purchase the rights. Their record in the past 6 months proves it.

Everyone is moving on. Singstar is dying! The iCloud beckons and thats where peoples focus is right now. Even Google and Sony are jumping on the bandwagon. Singstar has lost its appeal.

What a shame we never got to sing along to these:

Bee Gees – Stayin alive
Bryan Adams – Summer of 69
50 Cent – In Da Club
Guns n Roses – Sweet child O mine
Kanye West – Golddigger
Daft Punk – One more time

I bored now, but you get the idea…..

Nina Scherer 14 June, 2011 @ 15:37

Mhh, you might want to have a look in the SingStore and take Wham! off your list… http://tinyurl.com/6kfgnpl

FunFontaine 14 June, 2011 @ 16:26

YAY! Thanks for pointing that out Nina. How about the other ones? ;-)

Nina Scherer 17 June, 2011 @ 09:46
48.1

You’re welcome.

BoH3MiaNRhAPSdY 14 June, 2011 @ 18:04

@Nina scherer

lol :D i marry that girl if i could

When can we expect Afrikaans DLC?

The saying less is more comes to mind here, buy a few quality song titles and less well known ones, quality not quantity we want please.

Probably (less well known) tracks cheaper to buy, but theres the answer why they are and people don’t like them much.

DiekStiekem 15 June, 2011 @ 10:27

Good to see you’re back Nina!

I’ll run a shameless wishlist as well while I’m at it XD

Tim Berg – Seek Bromance
Any song from Inna
Any song from Scooter

There, that was’nt soo bad no was it? :p

MonsterRacer 15 June, 2011 @ 13:54

Hi Nina,

I bought the dance ad-ons from Duffy, DJ Otzi and Moloko but i cannot download them and they are not showing up in the download history?????

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi !

Same problem than MonsterRacer here. The 4 dance add-ons appear on the bill but they don’t appear as purchased in the singstore. And can’t download them either.

nothing i can actually sing…i know 1 song and i don’t really like it…why not put songs from pop superstars..:
New Britney…
Christina aguilera…her songs are soo good to sing…
Beyonce songs…..
songs from these people and i would buy them :D

i have the same problem…. cant download add ons plese check into that DJ otzi and Rihanna

Retsam-Nogard 17 June, 2011 @ 00:42

Queens of the stone age is a great addition, otherwise its the usual flop of an update. I DO understand the licencing side of things and know its not your fault (although the harder you try the more you can achieve) but its still worrying that by the looks of things singstar is on its way out, fast. All we can do is hope this isnt the case, but if we have to wait much longer most of us will just lose interest.

Welcome back and thanks for House of the Rising Sun and Shirley Bassey.

Nice to see Marvin & Tammi – “You’re all I need to get by”, but is it available separately as the rest of that Motown pack I already own through previous Singstar discs….bit of a swizz if you can’t buy just that song..?

martouf-singstar 21 June, 2011 @ 04:41

Hello again Nina,

Since 2 beloved songs of mine have finally reached the Singstore, I’m hoping so will these ones :

. Liberty X : Jumpin’
. PJ Harvey : Down by the water
. Stereophonics : Local boy in the photograph
. Justin Timberlake : Like I love you
. Angus & Julia Stone : And the boys
. Miss Platnum : Give me the food / She moved in / Babooshka 2009
. Daniel Merriweather : Change
. Neneh Cherry : Kootchi / Manchild
. Shaka Ponk : Fonk me
. Rihanna : Disturbia / Only girl / Umbrella
. Katy Perry : I kissed a girl / E.T / Teenage dream / Hot ‘n’ cold
. Beck : Loser / Sexx laws / Nicotine and gravy
. Soul Asylum : Runaway train
. Kylie Minogue : All the lovers / Get outta my way

I really long for these tracks !!!!!!
Bye, have a nice day.

. Shaka Ponk : Fonk me
. Rihanna : Disturbia / Only girl / Umbrella
. Katy Perry : I kissed a girl / E.T / Teenage dream / Hot ‘n’ cold
. Beck : Loser / Sexx laws / Nicotine and gravy
. Soul Asylum : Runaway train
. Kylie Minogue : All the lovers / Get outta my way

I really long for these tracks !!!!!!
Bye, have a nice day.

Hi Nina,

I’ve been searching the internet but can’t find an answer.

What are the rules surrounding “my singstar”. I’ve noticed some people have more than 5 videos uploaded. How do I get to upload more?

Greg

I really wish we had someone like Nina on the US blog.
People here in the USA rarely ever answer us.
Nina needs a raise.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history