The World Needs Saving… Again In One Epic Game

My name is Jakub. I am from Grip Games, the folks who gave you MiniSquadron and 5-in-1 Arcade Hits, and I’d like to tell you about our next project – One Epic Game, which is now being released via PlayStation Store tomorrow.

All of gaming’s most notorious stereotypes finally make an appearance in one epic game – aliens, zombies, fantasy, World War II and nuclear wasteland. One Epic Game puts you in the shoes of Alpha Dog, another muscular, one dimensional action hero with the task to negotiate with the enemies the only way they understand – a bullet in the brain!

As you have probably guessed by now, everything about One Epic Game is intentionally over-the-top. The name, the action, the main hero, humour… One Epic Game is a parody of all the gaming stereotypes we see in almost every action game. But it does not stop only with games, as you’ll see us pay homage to some popular movies and much more.

One Epic Game is a minis game and will cost you only 2.99 EUR, but that does not stop it from having tons of content to keep you entertained for many hours.

OneEpicGame_screenshot_1

The Story mode contains ten levels and when you are done with it, you can try one of the seven different challenges that will test your skills – you’ll be required to jump-kill the enemies, survive with only one life, pick which enemies to kill and which to let go, etc. And finally, there is the Free Run mode which is just you and your skill against the enemies and environmental obstacles. No special tasks or distance limits.

OneEpicGame_screenshot_3OneEpicGame_screenshot_7

To deal with the insane numbers of enemies that the game will send at you, you’ll need an impressive arsenal. One Epic Game has all the time-proven favourites, such as shotguns, machine guns, lasers, BFG, jet-packs and my personal favourite – flamethrowers.

One Epic Game is compatible with both PS3 and PSP and if you are a PlayStation Plus subscriber, you’ll get an additional 50% discount, which makes it practically a steal.

You can find more information about the game at http://www.grip-games.com/epic/.

OneEpicGame_screenshot_5

I hope you’ll enjoy it.

47 Comments
7 Author replies
Guri_Tricolor 19 July, 2011 @ 12:10

looks good
for that price, its awesome!

RedeyedRonin 19 July, 2011 @ 12:12

why has my download list been jumbled up for the second time now! half of my plus content has been shoved to the top and its getting really annoying.(happend when renewal of plus other time it just happened same to my friend as well) isn’t it time to segregate the categories in the download list tabs that you click on to find stuff quickly i.e

PS+,PS+ TRIALS,PSN,PSN DEMO,PSMINIS,PSOne,Add Ons,PS3 DEMO,THEMES,AVATARS

It does look hella fun.

RedeyedRonin 19 July, 2011 @ 12:17

so basicly I MUSR RUN! (mini) but with guns free with plus sure ok acual money no thanks i will stick with the more challenging/entertaining I MUST RUN! best mini i ever played

That looks pretty good actually, might have to give it a go especially for that price!

The date this was posted seems borked though, it says the 14th, and it’s the 19th today.

Carnivius_Prime 19 July, 2011 @ 12:34

Looks worth a go. By the way MiniSquadron is one of my fave Minis and gets played on both my PSP and PS3. Well made highly playable little game that.

Tridentmorph 19 July, 2011 @ 12:47

Will give it a go at that discount, pleased to see a reasonably priced mini so I will support it. More of these please developers.

This reminds me of “Stalin vs. Martians”. Combine well known enemy characters, sell it as a parody and hope that it is enough to sell your otherwise terrible and outdated game.

Jakub Mikyska 19 July, 2011 @ 15:05
8.1

Not every game needs eye-popping graphics to be entertaining. And hey! It’s not outdated, it’s retro ;-) But you are right about Stalin. We totally missed an opportunity by not having him in the game ;-)

VictorAnalogy 19 July, 2011 @ 13:03

Note to Grips Loc team:n Screen shot 1 “Take *a* shower?”

Jakub Mikyska 19 July, 2011 @ 14:30
9.1

Thanks. The screen is actually correct in the game. I wonder how this mistake got into a screenshot.

Huono_peleis 19 July, 2011 @ 13:04

When you can’t come up with anything original call it a parody.

Too bad it isn’t a PSN-game. It looks fun.

Shou_Kobayashi 19 July, 2011 @ 13:10

From the pictures I expected something more in the lines of METAL SLUG, but the trailer showed me enough to not care. Sorry, but not my kind of cup.

Should be “Take A shower”

MidgetOlympics 19 July, 2011 @ 14:02

id play alot more minis if they had trophys , anychance of that happening?

Jakub Mikyska 19 July, 2011 @ 14:33
14.1

I am afraid not. But we have included a lot of “awards” for completing various in-game task to satisfy your trophy-hunting needs ;-)

somethingatt 19 July, 2011 @ 14:16

Reminds me of Metal Slug. Which is a good thing.

@ Jakub Mikyska
If you put Stalin in part 2, I expect to be mentioned for my immense contribution. ;)

And I totally agree that graphics don’t have to blow ones mind all the time.

But the gameplay in the trailer seemed far too simple. You run full speed all the time, enemies simply line up for you to kill them. And it seems that there be plenty of blind, out of control and thus frustrating long range jumps.
Make a kind of Probotector / Contra, and you’ll have my full attention. :)

using playsttion app to comment . All good but still need messaging to other ps3 users . Probs due next year at sonys rate

11# You do no games can be played even if they don’t have trophies?

Looks really awesome and and the 50% discount i will play this game alot on my psp :)

But i’ve seen a million games just like this.
Why would I want this?

Stalin-o-Bot :D

jakub mkyska where you from your name sounds like muslim and japanese

Jakub Mikyska 19 July, 2011 @ 22:05
21.1

Czech Republic, like the rest of the team. We all have funny names here ;-)

and euhmmm is rain mk9 comming today?

Tidus_Zanarkand 19 July, 2011 @ 21:21

Bomba kluci jen tak dál, :) jste snad první o kom vim že vydalo hru na PS Store…

Jakub Mikyska 19 July, 2011 @ 22:02
23.1

Díky. Doufám, že nás podpoříš nákupem hry ;-)

I’m using the iPhone app to post this comment! Cool looking game btw :)

Bhambi!

JordanBlack68 19 July, 2011 @ 23:22

I used the PS app too.

RedeyedRonin 19 July, 2011 @ 23:29

wouldn’t mind a translation to that last reply i feel like he is telling him somthing in secret

Please could we have a discount on Smash Cars for PS+ users, it’s on sale on the US Store at under $6.00 – anywhere around there would be AWESOME :)

commenting from the updated Playstation app fir iPhone. Much better. Thanx to the devs for their work 

Looks good

Posting from the updated app. It would be good if we could have PSN chat but at least we could have access to the forums?

Also when moving the cursor in the iPhone app the background and text under the magnifying glass are the same shade of grey! Thus needs changing.

This is one epic game.

Looks good! Like a fast pace version of Metal slug.
BTW commented thru PS App also on iphone!

sniperhobbit 20 July, 2011 @ 11:02

Another mini 2 add 2 my collection :)

kingofscotland 20 July, 2011 @ 11:11

I really should play some of my minis, have about 15, but I do like the look of this :-)

The problem I find with Minis on PS3 isn’t the lack of Trophy support, but with the apparent stretched/squashed image (ie circular objects appearing as oval).

…oh, and this game reminds of Amiga game Army Moves.

Well, I hope that the Store Update will have some _real_ epic content today. The US received another ton of discounts and sales yesterday. Anyone want to take bets how much love Sony has for Europe?

JolipinatorJG 20 July, 2011 @ 13:23

… Store update? … Anytime soon?

This is not like you, you are from the other camp it is i who is critical of Store updates & SCEE region question when was the last great feature deliver to us by SCEE that i praise?

i‘m not a betting person but if i was i bet we don’t get a shipload like SCEA gets, I‘m cynical of SCEA no SCEA Store update blog post.

why afraid to compare they updates to ours not a problem as i got a SCEA account & see the content.

it long past the normal time james if you still sick let your 2nd in command do the posts, but we know SCEE has got a small team compare to the other 2 regions.

@Golwar

Sony care way more about the us, because they get EVRYTHING 1ST! games,ps store update, bigger ps blog team, way more better ps store/home oh and they r getting the ps vita late this year, we getting it early next year! but hey i aint having ago at sony because im fine with what SCEE gives me :)

NOW CAN ANYONE HELP ME: WHY IS MY VERRY OLD AVATAR SHOWING ON THE PS BLOG AND NOT MY NEW BROUGH ONE? il keep saying this untill i get a real answer, ive been asking for weeks! yes im talking to you SCEE but if anyone can help that would be great Thanks! :)

Jakub Mikyska 20 July, 2011 @ 16:51
41.1

One Epic Game will be released in the US on August 2nd. So, this is your chance to play and finish the game before the people on the other side of the Atlantic can even download it ;-)

US have most PSN users, id think thats why they get eveything first, better specials etc.

I dont think it has to do with SCEE though, Sony sees more users = more money = more support.

but dont get me wrong, thats business, i would be the same. just wish they would implement a better store support, except blogs where they stop reading after 100th comment, and only reply where they have good news.

Is there any chance of adding difficulty options? Like limiting health or giving enemies more damage , it’s just the game is slightly on easy side and ramping up the difficulty would really make it more repayable for me.Thank you.

Jakub Mikyska 21 July, 2011 @ 23:10
43.1

We are definitely considering some updates, including the things you have mentioned. In the mean time, you can try some of the Challenges on the hard difficulty settings and getting all the Awards.

obiadekanobi1980 21 July, 2011 @ 09:59

this krap about america having the most players is [DELETED] there are currently about 43m ps3 in total america has about 13-14m userswhile the r.o.w make up the rest of the numbers, so this excuse that they hve more users doesnt hold up all sony are doing is making the us look more appealing with deals so ppl go buy a ps3 instead of a 360 thats the real reason us r.o.w users have the market already in place they know we buy more ps3s than 360’s so they dont care just look at our discounts compared to thiers for a start they have had borderlands with all DLC this month at 50% discount for non plussers and 75% for plussers now thats a full game for $14.99 which is about a tenner in our money and all we got was stupid 20% of limbo

STICK IT WHERE THE SUN DOESNT SHINE SONY NO MORE MONEY FROM ME AGAIN

obiadekanobi1980 21 July, 2011 @ 10:06

@davie222

you need to sign out of the blog, clear your cache on your internet browser(whichever 1 u use)

then when you log back into the blog your avatars should show up and be A OK glad i could help if the problem persists though go on twitter, then ask

@rabidwalker

hes the sony tech guy and should be able to help you hes helped me loads of times with technical help also theres

@musterbuster – deals with community events

@yaster – also deals with general requests

give these guys a whirl they do a better job than these idiots on the blog

and gallagher is playing alot of fifa for someone who is sick…..

Show full comment

@davie222

@rabidwalker

@musterbuster – deals with community events

@yaster – also deals with general requests

give these guys a whirl they do a better job than these idiots on the blog

and gallagher is playing alot of fifa for someone who is sick…..

jamescoghlan 23 July, 2011 @ 21:56

You Should Put Some Money Off The First Strike DLC For Black Ops.

i would buy the game it looks sick man

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history