Posted

Uncharted 3 Interactive Entertainment Panel At Comic-Con 2011

UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception Comic Con Panel

We’re back from Comic-Con International 2011 and we’ve barely survived this year’s awesome, and awesomely busy, show!

One of the our personal highlights from Comic-Con was being able to be in front of over 400 fans and talk about Uncharted 3 during our panel on Friday, July 22. Moderated by USA Today’s Mike Snider, the panel was called “Developing Interactive Entertainment: The Performance Capture Techniques of the UNCHARTED Franchise and Today’s Film Industry” and it gave Amy Hennig, Taylor Kurosaki, Josh Scherr, Nolan North, Emily Rose and Richard McGonagle the perfect setting to discuss everything that goes into creating the industry-leading cinematics in the Uncharted series. The panel also gave our fans their first look at a brand new cinematic scene, and some behind the scenes footage of the cast, that we prepared especially for Comic-Con.

Uncharted 6UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception Comic Con Panel

If you weren’t able to get into the room, or weren’t able to attend Comic-Con this year, we’ve got you covered with the following highlight reel shot and edited by none other than the PlayStation.Blog team.

You can catch video of the full panel – nearly 50 minutes long – courtesy of GameSpot.

We hope everyone had a great Comic-Con and a great weekend!

37 Comments
0 Author replies

Uncharted is amazing! Those ‘other’ folks are missing out big time!

davie222 will be on this blog

Emily Rose for elena fisher in the movie :) …

*couldnt resist*

on topic :
cool panel .. some really informative info

Interesting to get an idea of the thought processes and considerations that go into making these experiences for us.

Carnivius_Prime 26 July, 2011 @ 20:45

Cannot wait for Uncharted 3. Uncharted 2 is still the best reason to own a PS3.. or any game console. Or a TV. Or the ability to breathe.

Also that Emily Rose sure is pretty…

@7
ur wrong about both

Very enjoyable !!!!, thank you guys, Hope U3 will be batter and batter than U2, because I think U2 did a big change in the gaming Industry with Mocap tech.

Nice ! great work guys, im really excited to buy Uncharted 3 :] is there any new information about the special edition ? i really would love to get that edition !. i think Uncharted 3 will be WAY better than most games but thats my opinion :]

maddogarchie64 26 July, 2011 @ 21:16

can’t wait for uncharted 3, I wish I could have gone to Comic-Con…

Cyberendpunk 26 July, 2011 @ 21:17

I thoroughly enjoyed the ‘making of’ videos for Among Theives and I hope ND does the same with UC3. Oh and I definitely going to watch the full panel, hearing the devs and actors talk about Uncharted is as much fun as playing Uncharted :D

I like U series like the next man err gamers i know a song about emily it called let emily play by pink floyd lol. :D

anyway on topic the U series is always great but up to a Point you can do serious damage if you hype a game too much. :|

why are all the lines on the blog crossed out.

What I want to know is, where the hell is europe’s explorer edition as promised?!

JolipinatorJG 26 July, 2011 @ 22:04

What’s with the strikethrough?

1.resistance 3
2.uncharted 3
3.battlefield 3
4.assassins creed revelations
5.call of duty modern warfare 3 (mw3)

I think that all the actors in the game, should act in the film. It makes the cast easier to relate to, and will keep Uncharted eepic. Also Amy should do the script. Don’t kill it with some obnoxious screenwriter.

Naughty Dog keep at it, your doing an amazing job. I’ve got some ideas for Uncharted 4 lol.

Why is all the text in this article scratched? o.O

Damn Emily Rose is beautiful.
I honestly cannot wait for this game.

Can’t wait for uncharted 3 it’s going to be great

strikethrough

BORING
i watched this and honestly i fell asleep

European_Gamer 27 July, 2011 @ 06:07

Am I the only one seing every letter as being crossed out?

elena fisher looks even better in real life :-D

And can someone close the tag? ;-)

Enjoyed the Beta & enjoyed Uncharted 1 & 2 a great deal. This is in my top 10 list of games to get by the end of the year, along with Resistance 3, Battlefield 3, Catherine (looks interesting to say the least!), Assassins Creed Revelations, Dead Island, RAGE, Skyrim, MW3 & Saints Row the Third!! :)

Can’t wait for the game

alc_the_talc 27 July, 2011 @ 09:40

UK/EU Explorer Edition please

The Elena actress is FIT!

Really good to hear Amy Hennig talking about story-writing techniques and philosophy. +10

cant wait for Uncharted 3 gunna be epic :)

Watched the full video last night, seen a few ND conferences over the past few years & they never dissapoint. There was some tasty Uncharted schwag available this year too.

Looking forward to getting my Erick Scarecrow-Drake in Oct, pre-ordered last week :)

I love these guys, I’d give anything just to spend a couple of hours with them, they’re hilarious.
Emily gets more beautiful everytime I see her.

I wish I was at comic-con for this (and many other things). Would’ve been fun to see. And the obivous, Emily Rose is hot!

LOL @ shedboy90 for his attempted trolling

Sniper_at_w0rk 27 July, 2011 @ 19:15

If you make a movie, please use these 3 actors, because it’s their voice, their movements in the game
With a bit of make-up they can look just like the characters :D

@32
LOL that u and every1 else thinks she is hot

Stonesthrow 28 July, 2011 @ 05:48

uncharted 2 is probably the best third person game ever in most aspects..gonna be hard to top that.. i didn’t like the u3 beta personally, feels too different from u2..but i’m sure the game will be amazing once again..

oh and please, don’t make a crappy live action movie that puts a huge dump on this great series.. wouldn’t mind a cgi movie like the cutscenes in the games though :p

uncharted is amazing

larisukkala1996 15 August, 2011 @ 20:15

Just pre-ordered it. Cant wait anymore!!! :D

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history