OMG-Z Showers PSN Minis In Blood

Hi, I’m Ross Brierley, a games tester at Laughing Jackal, and I’m here to tell you about our latest PSN minis game, OMG-Z; a blood-splattering, zombie-exploding chain reaction shooter.

00_OMG-Z

In OMG-Z we have combined two of our favourite things: Zombies and Explosions. Lots of them. More than 80 levels worth, each of them filled to the brim with as many Zombies as your PlayStation can handle.

The biggest zombie fan at Laughing Jackal is undoubtedly OMG-Z’s artist, Jake, who was influenced by the work of Tony Moore and Charlie Adlard’s work on The Walking Dead comics and a hint of Madworld’s sense of style helped to make OMG-Z the most blood-drenched game to make it to PlayStation minis.

But OMG-Z brings more to minis than gore and explosions (not that there’s anything wrong with just having gore and explosions :) ). Underneath it all OMG-Z has a rock solid chain reaction mechanic which understands the simple pleasure in shooting a zombie in just the right spot to start a chain reaction that sprays the level in blood.

01_On_the_streets_OMG-Z

The more zombies you kill on a level the more money you win, allowing you to increase your limited supply of bullets, improve the explosion radius for any one of the five classes of zombie, or place more barrels of oil around the levels which, if shot, will explode and spray the surrounding zombies with flaming oil. There are 70 upgrades to buy and you’re going to need them all to get your hands on the more elusive of the 324 medals on offer.

OMG-Z is released exclusively to PS+ subscribers on August 2nd (SCEA) and August 3rd (SCEE) for the bargain price of FREE. Two weeks later, the game will go on general release to everyone else with access to the PSN Store for the low, low price of €2.99/£2.49. To find out more please visit the OMG-Z webpage.

So, what are you waiting for? It’s time to explode some zombies!

23 Comments
10 Author replies

this looks pretty good, everytime i get more minis i wish i had a psp so i could play then anywhere

Ross Brierley 03 August, 2011 @ 16:12
1.1

Thanks. You can check out more details at http://www.laughingjackal.co.uk/games/omg-z

I like the style.

Cubixx HD Coming soon ;-)

Ross Brierley 03 August, 2011 @ 17:32
3.1

Yes. I’m looking forward to that one.

The game is awesome i play it in my psp go i think i spent hours on this xD i love minis with simple, smart, and fun gameplay great jod guys Thanks for give it as with no cost . Another good plus update with nice free games

Ross Brierley 04 August, 2011 @ 09:37
4.1

Great to hear your enjoying it.

Downloaded this today as part of my Plus-subscription, played it for about 5 minutes and so am not going to look at it again… ever!

Not bothered in the slightest with mini’s. Would be great for a psp if I owned one but I don’t and I can, in general, get better quality on my phone for free.

Quite enjoyed it, may have made a nice psn game if scaled up a little

Ross Brierley 04 August, 2011 @ 09:39
7.1

Glad your enjoying it. Don’t think we’ve got any plans to make a larger PSN version at the moment but I’d love to work on one :)

I was up until 2 this morning with this one. No Mini has ever held my attention for so long. :D Thank you for putting it on this months plus update.

Ross Brierley 04 August, 2011 @ 09:39
8.1

Wow. Great to hear your enjoying it so much.

“Bargain price of FREE…” haha love it. (oh my lame sense of humour…)

Ross Brierley 04 August, 2011 @ 10:41
9.1

Yeah it was quite bad but it made me smile when I though it up.

i agree with link1983, absolutely addictive and probably the best mini game i have played, keep up the good work :)

Ross Brierley 04 August, 2011 @ 10:43
10.1

Thanks for the kind words. It’s always great to hear from people who are enjoying your games :)

A bit frustrating at first, but rather addictive once I got the hang of it. Kept me up far to late. Definitivley one of the better minis we’ve gotten on Plus. Hope the Plus deal works out for you guys and we can get more of your games included.

Ross Brierley 05 August, 2011 @ 09:46
11.1

It is definitely a one more go kind of game. Glad your enjoying it.

ERROR8013030F 04 August, 2011 @ 15:15

Just completed this. Not bad at all, would love to see a sequel.

Ross Brierley 05 August, 2011 @ 09:48
12.1

We’ve had a few people asking about sequel’s. I’ll definitely be mentioning it.

Awesome mini to be thrown in with PS+, wouldn’t mind see’ing more mini’s in the PS+ content, that’s really all I pay the £40 a month for

£40 a year*

;)

Immortal-Wolf- 05 August, 2011 @ 02:34

Forget that buy my New Black Ops DLC Resurrection 5 New Zombie Maps out on 6th october 2011 in the playstation store for £12.99 Thanks this message given to you by Immortal-Wolf- Owner & creator EL73 Elite MW3 at http://www.callofduty.com

lol sold Black Ops a loooooong time ago…

This game is just great, i am loving it.

Ross Brierley 05 August, 2011 @ 09:49
17.1

It’s been awesome to hear from so many people that are enjoying OMG-Z.

Love this game! Took me a while but I totally managed to 100% every level! http://twitpic.com/61750a

This will be my evening to go game for weeks.

BEST MINI EVER!!!!! hands down its the best, i thought i’d give it a quick go and played for like 3 hours, so addictive, so fun, if you dont have ps+ buy the game NOW!

quidditys_shore 06 August, 2011 @ 22:24

i’ve got to echo the reviews here, it is by far the best mini game i’ve ever played!

had plenty of time on my hands yesterday (day out ruined as the wife was recovering from a pretty heavy night!) so sat down & played it none stop! 6hrs later i’ve finished it! well 96% anyway! just going through to get the golds turned to platinum.

if i hadnt have got it free i’d probably not have bought it (shame they dont do PSP mini demos) but now i’d have gladly paid for it!

heres hoping for a quick sequel! then maybe a third game for PSN/vita with versus & online!

A damn awesome game!

M.U.S.T H.A.V.E O.N.E M.O.R.E G.O… Aaargh! First time I’ve had this much fun with a Minis game on my PS3. I usually don’t like the Minis games but this one kept my attention until I nailed every level. Will probably go back and start over. :)

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history