Resistance 3 Goes Gold; Brand New Trailer

I’m here today to bring the news that Resistance 3 has gone gold, and has been delivered to manufacturing for its 7th, 8th and 9th September release dates across PAL. Everyone here at Insomniac is excited for you to get your hands on the game we’ve been working so hard on for the last three years. Even now, our work isn’t complete, as we are actively working on the Online Beta, and will be bringing a Day 1 Patch to the game to bring updates and tweaks to the final product. Remember, the multiplayer public beta begins August 10th for EU PS Plus subscribers, so we’re looking forward to fragging you online.

In celebration of our gold announcement, we wanted to give you the first look at a brand new gameplay trailer from Resistance 3. For those of you who have followed R3 since the announcement of the game at gamescom last year, this trailer brings things full circle. I don’t want to spoil it, so take a look below:

Hope you enjoyed the trailer. We hope you’re ready for the game’s launch and have got your copy pre-ordered! In the meantime, to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates about Resistance 3, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Like us on Facebook, or join the conversation at MyResistance.Net.

49 Comments
0 Author replies

any word yet if there will be a 3D TV bundle for EU?

The Survivor Edition is pre-ordered :)

No idea how I’m gonna square it with the GF when the postman delivers it though :(

I hope you guys took iWaggle’s MOVE recommendations on board.

I can’t wait for this game, most are saying it’s more like Res1 which is one of my fav FPS of all time.

jammer dat het verhall niet doorgaat met die gozer uit deel 1&2 met al die krachten

Are the capelli skins in the dual pack bundle available for immediate redemption or will it be closer to release?

Either way my names down for the survivor bundle, but theres no one doing the teeth for preorder here :(

i.e. the master disc has been done but really it isn’t completed yet

H_U_2_4_1_F_A 04 August, 2011 @ 17:17

@ Agriel

Even I want to know friend when the 3d tv bundle is coming to Europe.

Awesome. Now it’s time for some Ratchet & Clank Trilogy HD collection.

Awesome guys. I literally can’t wait to get my hands on the Survivor Edition. Have it pre-ordered.

Where can I pre-order the Survivor Edition in Ireland?

Gamestation won’t let me order it for some reason.

Yeah I’m having trouble pre ordering this in Ireland.

Gamestop has no Pre order bonuses and they only have the Surviver edition and Standard addition for pre order. No special edition which is the one I want. The Surviver edition is way to expensive at 150 euros so thats out of the question.

HMV also has no special edition for pre order and they told me to check back in a week or 2 to see if they will have any pre order bonuses for the game. Also on their website they are giving a blu ray copy of Battle LA for pre ordering with them but its the boosters and skins I want and not an ok film like BLA.

So where in Ireland can I pre order the special edition and get some pre order bonuses. Keep in mind that I don’t buy online anymore because of late shippings and various other security risks

Awesome trailer will it be uploaded on PS Store. Any Resistance 3 Avatars coming soon.

Jamesie_Payne91 04 August, 2011 @ 17:53

@people from Ireland

Try Shopto.net, GAME.co.uk and Blockbuster.co.uk. I’m pretty sure one of them have it.

can’t wait!

@4

Gast,je weet toch dat dit een engelse blog is of niet ?.
Dude,you know that this is an english blog right ?.

Insomniac PR only has time for NA blog lol

i still have to finish R2 first.
i will one day. ^_^

cool

STOP teasing me with all these great trailers LOL :P cant wait for september 9th not to far away now WOO great work guys :D

Can you tell me if the Chimera necklace will be available in the UK?

will the UK be getting the Chimera necklace preorder bonus?

* sorry for the double (Triple) post.

@ geddesmond2

Try getting the Special Edition from GAME they are the only place I seen it online so the shop should have it too.

The Surviver Edition is 150 Euros at Gamestop. Thats robbery when its available in the UK for 110 Euro from Gamestop.co.uk.

@Jamesie_Payne91

GAME has the special edition but blockbuster and shopto don’t.

Only 5 weeks to wait! I’m so excited :-)

awsome, cant w8!!!!

I don’t like that Capelli looks softer, nicer and diffirent from Resistance 2…

Pure_Mind_Games 04 August, 2011 @ 21:41

pre-ordered my Special Edition the other day.

Go resistance! wish i could afford ps+ ):

Bad voice acting, or WORST voice acting?

this game looks epic!!!

Honestly, the extra content on the NA release is terrible. After the dissapointment of having no Survivor Edition release, finding your Blu-ray crammed with Ozzy Osborne music videos & demos of games you’ve already played is kinda harsh.

Funny how things change. I remember reading on the US blog James Stevenson explaining the lack of an EU special edition back when R2 was released.

SpeedyRyan-_- 04 August, 2011 @ 23:47

I have asked this question on every resistance post for months, will someone please answer me for gods sake. Will there be a move video released or will there be move support with the beta.

More info on the online pass please.. I have a us account and live in sweden.. can i play the game or not??

Nothing has been shown on Move controllers being used. Killzone’s support took a while to get the hang of but it was masterful in the end! Hope it works like a charm on R3 as well.. Good luck with the launch, guys!

Shou_Kobayashi 05 August, 2011 @ 07:48

Just FYI: In the PS Blog app, this post has a God of War headline picture ;).

Silent-Detective 05 August, 2011 @ 09:24

When is nuketown 24/7 coming back on for playstation 3

For those of you complaining about the price of the game in ireland. My advice is don’t but it there. shopto.net have great prices and day after next day delivery. Thoroughly recommend them.

freaking sweet! its been a long wait

Seriously pumped for this one! I enjoyed both Resistance games all the same. I love the story, the weapons the whole Resistance universe.

I have no doubts whether I will enjoy this one, it looks like its taken steroids XD

@gamniac
Laat die arme jongen toch

PSN-OmniusALX 05 August, 2011 @ 13:02

Why hasn’t GAME.co.uk got the Survivor Edition listed? They normally get all the ‘full fat’ versions….

This looks amazing !

That is one cool trailer.. I loved both the previous games and this one looks way better..

@ everyone asking about the 3D TV bundle: http://goo.gl/F8WY5

Unfortunately the game has changed to Motorstorm Apocalypse due late December within the US but no release date for EU yet but I presume around the same time or a couple of months later!

is there a coop missions like in R2 ?????????????????????????

Will it be downloadable on PSN aswell as on disc?

looking forward to this, R2 is one of the best online co-op experiences i have ever had.

heard you guys removed some stuff but i will not read or watch anything regarding the game but, i b et you guys got it all covered in terms of making it the best game ever :).

Survivor edition pre ordered. (one of the few pre orders this year)

the_hulk-ungrey 07 August, 2011 @ 09:27

awesome this game looks good and looks better then R2 :D

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history