PlayStation Store Special Offers – 24th August 2011

Hello everybody! Welcome to my Special Offers Update, I am Andy and some of you will already know me as I work with Ross McGrath on the PSN Store. This Special Offers Update has been set up to inform you of all the awesome offers we have coming up for you and to get your feedback. So don’t be shy and get involved!

Now I have heard over the last few months the requests for more new PSP content. Well sadly I am unable to do anything about new content but to show you that PSP is still alive and well I have been busy getting the following sale set up for all you PSP owners.

Store Promotions

I am proud to announce the launch of the PSP Power Sale! We have over 100 pieces of content available for you over the next month. This sale is split into two parts, the 1st part of the sale starts today and will last until the 7th September and then all the games will be changed for more PSP games for you too choose from.

So here is what we have on sale for you from 24th August to 7th September:

PSOne

• GRANDIA (was £6.29/€7.99 – now £4.79/€5.99)

PSP

• Fate/Unlimited Codes (was £23.99/€29.99 – now £3.99/€ 4.99)
  • Blazeblue: Calamity Trigger Portable (was £23.99/€29.99 – now £9.99/€12.99)
  • Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (was £11.49/€14.99 – now £9.99/€12.99)
  • TNT Racers (was £6.29/€7.99 – now £3.19/€3.99)
  • Sid Meier’s Pirates! (was £11.49/€14.99 – now £3.99/€4.99)
  • NBA 2K11 (was £23.99/€ 29.99 – now £11.99/€14.99)
  • Half Minute Hero (was £11.99/€14.99 – now £8.99/€11.25)
  • Harvest Moon Innocent Life (was £9.99/€12.99 – now £7.99/€9.99)
  • Valhalla Knights 1 (was £9.99/€12.99 – now £7.99/€9.99)
  • International Athletics (was £6.29/€7.99 – now £3.99/€4.99)
  • Skate Park City (was £ 6.29/€7.99 – now £4.79/€5.99)
  • WWII Battle Over the Pacific (was £6.29/€7.99 – now £4.79/€5.99)
  • World of Pool (was £6.29/€7.99 – now £3.99/€4.99)
  • Spectral Vs. Generation (was £7.99/€9.99 – now £3.99/€4.99)
  • GTA Vice City Stories (was £11.99/€14.99 – now £6.29/€7.99)
  • GTA Chinatown Wars (was £11.99/€14.99 – now £6.29/€7.99)
  • GTA Liberty City Stories (was £11.99/€14.99 – now £6.29/€7.99)
  • Midnight Club 3 (was £9.99/€12.99 – now £5.19/€6.59)
  • Midnight Club LA (was £9.99/€12.99 – now £5.19/€6.59)
  • Manhunt 2 (was £9.99/€12.99 – now £5.19/€6.59)
  • Beaterator (was £9.99/€12.99 – now £5.19/€6.59)
  • Z.H.P. (was £23.99/€29.99 – now £15.99/€19.99)
  • Disgaea Infinite (was £15.99/€19.99 – now £7.99/€9.99)
  • God Eater Burst (was £23.99/€29.99 – now £11.99/€14.99)
  • Me and My Katamari (was £15.99/€19.99 – now £7.99/€9.99)
  • Tekken 6 (was £15.99/€19.99 – now £7.99/€9.99)
  • Asphalt: Urban GT 2 (was £11.99/€14.99 – now £6.29/€7.99)
  • Brothers in Arms D-Day (was £11.99/€14.99 – now £6.29/€7.99)
  • Driver 76 (was £11.99/€14.99 – now £6.29/€7.99)
  • Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Predator (was £23.99/€29.99 – now £11.99/€14.99)
  • Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (was £11.99/€14.99 – now £6.29/€7.99)
  • Prince of Persia – Rival Sword (was £11.99/€14.99 – now £6.29/€7.99)
  • Prince of Persia – Revelation (was £11.99/€14.99 – now £6.29/€7.99)
  • Prince of Persia – The Forgotten Sanes (was £23.99/€29.99 – now £11.99/€14.99)
  • Splinter Cell Essentials (was £11.99/€14.99 – now £6.29/€7.99)
  • James Cameron’s Avatar: The Game (was £23.99/€29.99 – now £7.99/€9.99)
  • Street Riders (was £15.99/€19.99 – now £7.99/€9.99)
  • Michael Jackson: The Experience (was £23.99/€29.99 – now £11.99/€14.99)
  • Assassin’s Creed : Bloodlines (was £23.99/€29.99 – now £7.99/€9.99)
  • Cover Girl (was £23.99/€29.99 – now £11.99/€14.99)
  • Breath of Fire 3 (was £7.99/€9.99 – now £3.99/€4.99)
  • Dark Stalkers’ Chronicles (was £7.99/€9.99 – now £3.99/€4.99)
  • Megaman Maverick Hunter X (was £7.99/€9.99 – now £3.99/€4.99)
  • Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (was £7.99/€9.99 – now £3.99/€4.99)
  • Power Stone Collection (was £7.99/€9.99 – now £3.99/€4.99)
  • Capcom Classic Reloaded (was £7.99/€9.99 – now £3.99/€4.99)
  • Capcom Classic Remixed (was £7.99/€9.99 – now £3.99/€4.99)
  • Capcom Puzzle World (was £7.99/€9.99 – now £3.99/€4.99)
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max (was £7.99/€9.99 – now £3.99/€4.99)
  • Iron Man (was £11.99/€14.99 – now £6.29/€7.99)

minis

• Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter (was £2.49/€2.99 – now £1.24/€1.49)
  • Who’s That Flying?! (was £3.99/€ 4.99 – now £1.74/€1.99)
  • Denki Blocks! (was £3.49/€3.99 – now £0.99/€1.19)
  • Coconut Dodge (was £2.49/€2.99 – now £0.99/€1.19)

Don’t forget! This sale is in 2 parts, so if there is nothing you want in this part of the sale, wait until the second part which starts on the 7th September.

And finally… There is also a game in part 2 of this sale that I know you guys have been waiting eagerly for (so have I) and is now coming to the store. I can’t tell you what the game is (because where is the fun in that?) but the dark hour is coming!

102 Comments
33 Author replies

GRANDIA!? Hell Yeah!

when is the actual Heads up update?

2.1

This should be live now

Holy [DELETED], thats a good list! Is Fate Unlimited correct though, was £24 now £4?

3.1

Oh yes that is indeed correct, I hope you approve.

Just PSP well thats dissapointing

Oh man, Persona 3 Soon! :P

Persona 3 Portable better be on the Australian PSN :(

In case you still don’t know: PS Plus Auto Updates DO NOT WORK on 3.70…everyone’s talking about it! Please fix this ASAP! :(

Bleh, nothing from Square Enix.

Carnivius_Prime 24 August, 2011 @ 13:15

Those Capcom games sure are nicely priced even though I have them already.

Persona 3 Portable in part two?! YES!

Just shut up and TAKE MY MONEY! XD

Shintuhadoken 24 August, 2011 @ 13:16

@Patriot36954

How can you feel disapointed that there is only PSP items on sale in a posted headed PSP Power sale?

Some discounts are not so appealing (see: Lunar or Half-Minute Hero) but well.. I’ll see later.

Exactly what was needed well done! Alot of those aren’t my sort of games but still theres plenty for me to choose from, great prices and look forward to part 2 as well!

I complain a fair few times, but this is a great answer! Praise for once!

13.1

Thank you very much, I am trying my best and hopefully there will be something you like.

Great offer! Are u planning repeat it when PS Vita comes out?

14.1

Way too early to say but I will keep this in mind. I doubt it will be on the PS Vita release but watch this space.

almighty-slayer 24 August, 2011 @ 13:23

Wow that’s a big sale.

Think i may need to stock up for Vita.

Shou_Kobayashi 24 August, 2011 @ 13:25

Some decent sale you have there Mr. Stewart. Maybe I snag one little title, but right now my purse says “NO”… so I have to think on that…

16.1

well you do have 2 weeks to purchases stuff before Part 2 starts, so hopefully that will give you enough time

Perfect timing. I bought a PSP last week and don’t own any of these games yet except for Half Minute Hero. I’ll be taking full advantage of this sale.

Having said that, a fire sale like this does not inspire much confidence in future PSP content, which is completely understandable with the Vita on the way.

Having said THAT, it would be nice if we could play some catch-up with the American PSN store.

18.1

Glad to hear you are happy about that sale.

However as for ‘catch-up with the American PSN Store’ What exactly do I need to catch up with?

So many titles.. Which GTA is the best one?!?

Little request for next time. Alphabetical order please ;)

Superb stuff, thanks for listening..

PS.Could you bring Fat Princes : Fistful of Cake to around £9.99 that’d great.

19.1

GTA Chinetown Wars is AWESOME! imo, however other people may think differently.

Alphabetical order – noted and will implement this for next time, thank you for the suggestion.

As for Fat Princess, we will have to see.

The forgotten sanes? I must check out that Prince of Persia!

20.1

lol – typo… Sorry but thanks for pointing it out.

Andy,

Fantastic work on getting a price cut on Grandia. I might actually download it!

Some suggestions though:

1) Can you get PSone bundle packs introduced on the likes of Crash and Tekken? Say 3 for the price of 2? For those who don’t own the titles (I own them…) this would be a great incentive to experience the best of Playstation.

2)Is it possible to get a price cut on the older Final Fantasy titles? Say, for example, a one week price discount of £3.99 each? Obviously I don’t mean VII, VIII and IX, but rather V and VI (both of which I haven’t played).

21.1

Hello Bealinator!

Good to see you visiting my blog, hope you are well.

PSone bundle packs is something i want to investigate. So give me some time too look into it because you are right, it would be great for new customers.

As for Square Enix related content, sadly I am unable to comment on their content. For this suggestion you will have to head over to the Square Enix blog, sorry.

atleast someone still cares about the PSP!

the bad thing about the PSP is that sony just didnt care/put enough efort into it (my opinion)
i always loved the PSP :)

22.1

I am trying… I love my PSP.

Ok i know there is issues with new content for the PSP but that is out of my control. Best I can do is things like this.

nathanmoore777 24 August, 2011 @ 13:36

is there going to ps3 content and game sales coming soon please let me know

23.1

Yes there will be however that will be after the PSP POWER Sale.

Nice. Been waiting for this sale for ages.

Pity There is still no Outrun on PSN. I wonder if Sega could just remove the Ferrari badges on the cars to get the game through without their licence?

uhm….there is

great sale line, would be good to point out ALL THIS CONTENT is also compatible for the Vita DAY ONE. :)

I have already boght myself a psn card so i’m fully ready :)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Include Syphon Filter: Logan’s Shadow and Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
in Part Two of the PSP Power Sale!!

PLEASE!! =D

28.1

I will try my best but no promises.

Don’t hate me if I can’t do it.

shenstra

memory card is your issue.

SoundableObject 24 August, 2011 @ 13:53

Just as I buy a PS3 with loads of games you reduce the price of two games I really want!

Vice City Stories and Chinatown Wars are mine!

OMG! Fate/Unlimited Codes is mine! Glad you guys were listening! :)

Next month PS3 Power Sale!

That’s more like it. A proper sale with some great value items that actually beat disc prices.

33.1

Thank you, glad you like it.

Yeah, great stuff! can’t wait to download F/UC for the bargain price of 3.99!!!

34.1

Yer I could not believe that price myself when it was agreed. I had to check it 3 times to make sure :-)

GTA Chinatown wars sounds fine. I just wisj the one gb duo stick it came with actually had room for these games

“There is also a game in part 2 of this sale that I know you guys have been waiting eagerly for (so have I) and is now coming to the store”

I know its a long shot, but please please PLEASE be Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep…… Please?

– Matt –

36.1

I really hate to disappoint but its not this game…

Very good sale, well done!!

However I would also like some new content such as outrun, as mentioned by pb-live, Castlevania (psp or psone) and maybe the Star Ocean games. Also FF7 Crisis Core would be a nice addition. I don’t know that’s the problem with this game…

Looking forward to the next sale, keep up the good work!

Andy Stewart

please keep this going! your the only guy who can keep the PSP alive!

i love my PSP GO :)

38.1

I will try my best, depending on how this sale goes will depend on how we proceed.

Nothing good in the sale , wanted the Harry Potter games on discount :(

I think the DLC of WipEout Pulse are more expansive, 15€96 of DLC for a game costing 7€99 !!! Please do them cheaper, not for me ’cause I have them since 3 years and half, but for people who don’t rightly understand this high price 3 years after their release.

40.1

Thanks for this, I will investigate

ChrisandJulie 24 August, 2011 @ 14:30

Excellent PSP offers here. I am buying 4 games from the list above. On part 2, please include Sonic Rivals 1 and 2, Crush, Jak and Daxter, Star Wars Battlefront 3, Tomb Raider PSP games, Matal Slug XX, Smackdown vs Raw 2011, TNA impact wrestling, Madden 2011.

Andy,

Just to clarify:

Could you not just extend this sale and get a week long reduction on those older titles? Really want to make my (limited) cash work that little bit harder! Topping up my wallet soon for Rezurrection, so if V and VI were on sale I would 100% buy them. Or is that 110%?

Disney already have these bundles, but could Sony bundles be priced a bit more sensibly? If you had a two game bundle (most likely) price them at £7.79 or thereabouts – £7.99 pricing would be pointless and make a bundle redundant.

And I agree with your praise for Chinatown Wars – what a lot of fun that game was!

I must confess andy that this Post is better then ross heads up content there a few titles caught my eye, some games were pricey when you not know a game take disiga infinite is that a spin off.

i got grandia & lunar both great games, getting the 2 PoP as i got the Ps3 version of PoP-TFS.

43.1

Hi Skookie30

Thanks for your nice words (just don’t tell Ross ;-) )

As for Disiga Infinite, to be honest with you I am not 100% sure myself. I just know it was something that some of the community wanted cheap, so that is what I did.

Lovely sale – can’t wait to see the list for 7th September too! I’d like to add my vote for another PSP sale to pick up some of the DLC on that system. Keep up the good work. :D

44.1

Thanks QuietlyWrong

PSP DLC sale… hum… intriguing.

Feel free to suggest some DLC packs you want to see in a PSP DLC sale.

prince of persia forgoten sanes ?
isent forgoten sands?

45.1

Yes this is a typo, I am only human.

Sorry!

Im getting all the GTA games, this is a good sale, Thank you!

46.1

It’s comments like this that make my job worth while. So thank you and go buy buy buy!!

flashfumoLIVE 24 August, 2011 @ 15:03

Fate/unlimited codes! Yyyyyyeeeessssss!

DARREN200COOK 24 August, 2011 @ 15:05

A top class sale, only thing is, I’m outta money. :(

Andy have you played the PSP game called DAXTER?

still the best game on PSP! go check it out :)

49.1

I have heard of it, I will now go play it. Thanks for the heads up.

NICE! i too shall stock up for vita.

Andy, is there ANY chance of getting Secret Agent Clank on the store? i mean we have the demo and Size Matters and im pretty sure the US store has it.

50.1

Honestly, I don’t know and I can’t comment as this is not my area of expertise. However I will pass your comments on and see what happens.

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.