PlayStation Home: Uncharted 3 Hits Home

On Thursday 13th October from 8AM BST PlayStation Home will be briefly offline for scheduled maintenance. Here is what to expect after the update…

This week PlayStation Home gears up for the release of Uncharted 3 with a brand new space and game – Fortune Hunter! Set in the sun-baked streets of Yemen, Fortune Hunter challenges you to step into the shoes of Nathan Drake and explore your war-torn surroundings while collecting hidden treasures. You must survive wave after wave of incoming attacks from enemies who are out to stop you from grabbing the loot. Ruthless gunmen, toppling crates and collapsing walls are all dangers to watch out for, so do Nathan Drake proud and keep your eyes peeled at all times.

Uncharted_FortuneHunter4_1280x720

Uncharted_FortuneHunter2_1280x720Uncharted_FortuneHunter1_1280x720

To help you on your quest are loads of hidden weapons – there’s a pistol, a machine gun and even grenades to get your hands on if you’re wily enough to spot them. Use your ammo to take down enemies and complete objectives, hunt out all of the treasure and battle fierce bosses.

Uncharted_FortuneHunter3_1280x720Uncharted_FortuneHunter7_1280x720

Uncharted_FortuneHunter6_1280x720Uncharted_FortuneHunter5_1280x720

Check back over the coming weeks for new challenges – complete them all and you will receive a voucher code for a Kickback Endurance Booster for use in UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception!

Also this week, following Hudson Soft’s recent release of the Elemental Monster Online Card Game on PS3, you can now find the Elemental Monster Lounge in PlayStation Home. Head on over to find out more information about the game, discuss strategies, or just to chat with fellow players.

ElementalMonster_1280x720

VEEMEE releases a fabulous new range of tables and chairs in their Original V-Store this week. With twelve colours to choose from you’re guaranteed to find one that suits you.

Continuing from last week’s action theme, the Alter Ego store has a new range of elite combat suits for both male and female avatars.

CombatGear_1280x720

For the men and if brute force is your thing, take your pick from the heavy Bruiser and Druiser armour and crush any resistance you encounter! For something a little more mobile, get equipped for any hostile situation with the Renegade, Blackhawk and Rhino combat suits. If you prefer the stealthy approach, go for the cutting edge Viper Ninja and prototype Cyborg Ninja outfits, designed for those who circumvent danger and then poke it in the eye!

Female avatars can get kitted out in a sneaky Ninja outfit, look stylish yet deadly in a guerilla Soldier uniform, or opt for the Armed Vigilante’s scintillating bad girl look. If you want to mix and match, all clothing parts are available individually or to make a saving just grab one of the value bundles.

As we’re approaching the spooky season of Halloween, we’ve re-released some classics such as Frankenstein, Werewolf, Witch and Ghost costumes – just check out the Featured items from Home Square or the Navigator. Keep an eye out of the next couple of weeks for some new ghoulish items!

Recently you may have noticed some purchasing issues occurring in Home, most notably users have not been receiving some of the paid for items from nDreams that have been released over the past couple of weeks. We’d like to inform users that these were SCE issues and have now been fully resolved, so everyone that has bought some of the affected content should now have received it. We’d also like to thank the community for bringing this issue to our attention and would like to encourage you to continue to do so in future.

We are also investigating the other content related issues that have been occurring recently and will keep the community posted on our progress.

47 Comments
7 Author replies

HOME is improving all the time with mini games like these :D

James Gallagher 13 October, 2011 @ 10:00
1.1

I’m passing all these messages on to the Home team and they appreciate the support.

This just gets better & better within the minute :D

Carnivius_Prime 12 October, 2011 @ 18:42

Uncharted 3 space with a way to get a booster for the real Uncharted 3 game? I’ll have a look at this when I got some time on Friday. Nice work.

thunderking1981 12 October, 2011 @ 18:45

hi james wow thats very cool i can’t wait good job guys keep up the good work sony from thunderking1981

okay this look good is this the start of the reboot 3 weeks since the reboot soon post.

next week will be a month so sony soon means LATE.

Cool:P

When are we getting the big update…..?????

Really don’t understand why you post something and don’t give it a release date.

Wouldnt make sense to keep the uncharted 2 spoace running now right?!

Looks like a great space for uncharted 3. I’m sure thats one of the maps from the multiplayer beta. All i can say is congrats to the home team, great work. :)

@ KAP, i think the uncharted 2 space was taken down a long time ago m8.

lol if you made that guy to look like drake you’ve failed but looks like a nifty addition to home

what U2 space gone and what of U1 space, i think SCEE shouldn’t delete spaces because it hasn’t got any new 1 much like SCEA has were the logic in that.

Looks ok, might have a try tomorrow. any idea when the others areas and fossil hunt will be open on the southern island hideaway? and will we get the bath-house like the japanese home?

James Gallagher 13 October, 2011 @ 10:04
13.1

This is down to the guys that developed the space (Granzella) but we will be sure to share any information they send us.

I miss the EA space with the poker, they should never have got rid of that. It cannot have been deleted for being underused, it was always packed to the rafters in there!!

James Gallagher 13 October, 2011 @ 10:09
14.1

We miss that space too and the Home team have something planned for Poker fans; in the meantime, the Brimstone poker table is available from the Stuff Store.

After dead island, R3, now and U3 mini game with controlling my own character,in the fight against enemies! I love it :D
Really smart idea games like that with this gameplay! Improving home to next level!
Kudos to Home and Sony workers to think all that :D

“Countries: AE, AU, GB, IE, NZ”
So that means I cant go there with my german account??
Yeah great! Yeah another closed space! Damn I love U3 why we cant get there as germans?

This is a nice surprise! PS Home is improving in good direction.

The perfect treat to complete my bday tomorrow! Thanks SCEE!

Can’t w8 4 this tomorrow looks brilliant.

Soon there will be trophies I bet Haahaaa!!!

Will we get a home space for BF3 and in-game rewards for challenges like this?

SirJake_Brookes 12 October, 2011 @ 23:48

lasts week update was better because I’m not really a uncharted person but halloween outfits be good. So nice work for halloween update.

CoolRichy007UK 12 October, 2011 @ 23:54

i kno we gettin the whitch ghost frankinstien wearwoof but james or someone cant u make loads more costumes for ps home halloween like a flying ghost pet and pet spiders plzz

James Gallagher 13 October, 2011 @ 10:12
23.1

There are some more Halloween items coming over the next couple of weeks, so look out for those.

Btw not complaining about new updates to Home as these are always welcomed , but for once it would be nice if the people behind writings the playstation.blog would actually take the time to make comments that are in the interest of people that might inform us that sorry the game you preordered off psn isn’t actually getting released on the date given on the bloody pre-order,you know it would be nice if did something like that on the day and not probably by a few days later which is whats probably gonna happen .

James Gallagher 13 October, 2011 @ 10:14
24.1

If you’re talking about PayDay: The Heist, we posted about that as soon as we heard of the delay: http://bit.ly/rtxmlb

Nice, so does that mean siomeone is finally going to get back to me with answers on where my Bruni avie is from Burn Zombie Burn? I’ve tried posting in the forums and I called Sonog in Australia, sorry I mean Sony in Australia, but no one has gotten back to me. Also the Dead Island code is a dud. It doesn’t work. I double checked to make sure I wrote it down and called Sony about it. I’m still waiting for someone to get back to me about that as well.

Show full comment

On a brighter note, thank you SCEE for being relatively prompt in bringing us the Tycoon Terrace and complementary items so soon after US got it in their Home. Now if we could only have all those Sony owned perspaces in our Home too like Waterfall Terrace Log Cabin(it’s glitched, but I think you should make it as an optional clubhouse for clubowners to purchase)and it’s complementary furniture, and being half greek, and my greek friends agree..We would really like to see the Santorini/Thera perspace and Yacht as well. Why not release these items? They are 1st party and you would make a killing on them. I for one want them all…

James Gallagher 13 October, 2011 @ 10:16
25.1

The Home team is working with their SCEA counterparts to try and bring the spaces you mentioned to Europe.

an uncharted space we don’t have to wait a year for?
who’da thunk it? ^_^

Shou_Kobayashi 13 October, 2011 @ 09:10

Important

@ James Gallagher

While using the PlayStation App for iPod touch and browsing through some comments I accidently reported two comments to a Moderator… My fingers where to quick.

Since I didn’t mean to, I wanted to let you know. Unfortunatelly I can’t tell you which were those comments, since it happened while scrolling down…

I hope you can forward this to the right place. Sorry for the inconvinience though…

James Gallagher 13 October, 2011 @ 09:58
27.1

That’s cool, thanks for letting me know. I did wonder why someone would take offence to two such innocuous comments!

any chance there will be a COD space where its possible to shoot?

SirJake_Brookes 13 October, 2011 @ 12:00

i’ve got a club called RAF Seven Squadron Sodium One & I was wondering if PSH team can bring in RAF uniforms like WW2 navy blue uniforms.

PlayStation Home mini games is getting better and better. Like Killzone 3, Dead Island, Resistance 3, what else and now this Uncharted 3 in PS Home. =)

@28

There’s some sensitive people out there, James.

Anyway, Home update. I think I may have already unlocked that Booster due to the PS+ Uncharted 3 Multiplayer release, but I’ll check it out.

Also, I’m guessing we don’t have any new info on the reboot for Home?

WOW looks great. may definitely have to have a look later on. :D

Just want to say to the home team that the new spaces coming out e.g uncharted/resistance are a great addition.. keep it up

CoolRichy007UK 13 October, 2011 @ 12:39

i got 2 requests for halloween stuff james

1 a huge spiderweb for apartment with spider that moves up down and even chases you around if you anoy it alot lol and

2 some pet spiders including the one from that dragon green golf space :)

i hope you make a haunted space soon even if it int halloween with 2 paths – the wimps path full of cute stuff and the scary path full of spiders ghosts and all nastys

CoolRichy007UK 13 October, 2011 @ 12:40

and how soon till the new look home and i hope also james we get propper apartments like the mansion or a disused hanted house ride apartment lol

SirJake_Brookes 13 October, 2011 @ 12:47

Coolrichy. PSH team are slowly bringing us PSH USA houses like yachts & manor house we just have to wait for them.

Accidentally reported a post while scrolling on my Xperia Play, sorry.

Yeahhhh, I got on the uncharted 3 leaderboard :D

Also, I have a problem playing the minigame on southern island hideaway. whenever I wait I get kicked back to the beach

James thanks for the reply i did find post later on.
Again good news on home updates and sry for post in wrong blog.

@James, do you know if the xperia play 4s has remote play like the psp and sony ericsson aino

Hey sodium 2 isn’t working for me, after downloading everything, and even going as far as to delete my home cache and redownload it, still not working.Just says “game is occupied” whenever i click on anything.

like I explained in last weeks post for ps home, and i even contacted lockhead or whatever by email, no response from them either. This is terrible, i really wanna play sodium 2 :(

Titchy_Penguin 13 October, 2011 @ 23:49

Is the dlc that comes with the Explorer edition early unlockables or unique, thanks. Also as im using the subway thing(us download) on my UK account will my progress carry over.

How about bringing the Uncharted 2 space back? I never got the chance to visit.

Carnivius_Prime 14 October, 2011 @ 09:40

Just tried the Uncharted 3 space out today. It’s so weird walking about in Home in a place I’ve been jumping around and rolling about in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta and I keep trying to jump over walls but realise I can’t do that in Home. Still it’s good stuff and I must say the Fortune Hunter mini-game is excellent. Had a good blast on it just now and it’s very entertaining.

When I play the mini game at the uncharted 3 space, my amount of money after a wave isn’t added up to my total amount.

@James Gallagher

I already completed all the challenges of the uncharted 3 and then they give me a code to redeem. When i try to redeem the code it gives me an error,dont know why.
Can you please help me?

Insight

@ InSight_2k

same here, says my code is wrong or invalid :(
Any news on a fix for this?

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history