Ghostlight To Release Persona 2: Innocent Sin For PSP

Hi again. I’m back to talk about the latest great JRPG coming to you from Ghostlight, Persona 2: Innocent Sin, which will be released on the 4th November 2011 as a Collector’s Edition for €49.99/£39.99.

For those of you who don’t already know, Persona 2: Innocent Sin is an enhanced PSP remake of the classic PSOne game (which sadly never made it to these shores) and is the prequel to the fantastic Persona 3 Portable. Amongst its many additions and improvements, the remake features a new user interface, new character portraits, an extra difficulty level and the ability to switch between the original soundtrack and a brand new soundtrack. Like the other games in the Persona series, it uses compelling storytelling and a fantastic soundtrack to create a dark twisted atmosphere, where nothing is quite as it seems.

Persona 2: Innocent Sin is set in Sumaru City, which is suffering under a curse that causes any rumour that’s heard by enough people to come true.

p2rumour

One rumour that has spread across the city is regarding the existence of “Joker”, a mysterious being who grants the wishes of anyone who dials their own mobile phone number. Anyone who fails to tell Joker their wish, either because they lack one or refuse to tell, has their “ideal energy” stolen, reducing them to ambition-less shells called Shadow Selves.

Joker

The game also allows you to take advantage of this curse, and any rumour that you craft may inexplicably come true. In addition to this, Persona 2: Innocent Sin features a system where the player can choose either to fight or negotiate with (most) demons and even forge contracts with them.

Working on Persona 2: Innocent Sin has been really fascinating from the perspective of a Persona fan that initially discovered the series on PlayStation 2. Persona 2: Innocent Sin is an awesome game, featuring not only brilliantly executed traditional JRPG mechanics, but also the aforementioned ‘rumours’ system which still feels fresh and innovative today.

39 Comments
15 Author replies

Cool – looking forward to this and Trails in the Sky… :D Can we expect to see them on the PS Store in the near future?

Ross Brierley 24 October, 2011 @ 12:22
1.1

They will be coming to the PSN store at some point but we don’t have a date yet.

That’s awesome, if not entirely unexpected. I’m a huge Persona fan (put well over a hundred hours in both Persona 3:FES and Persona 4) and I’m currently playing through Persona 1 on PSP. I’ll definitely pick up Innocent Sin. Hopefully Eternal Punishment will also make it to PSP one day…

Takehaniyasubiko 24 October, 2011 @ 12:22

I’m dying to get this.

I have the Japanese version on my PSX and I love this game to death. Sadly, I’m jobless now and I can’t afford this remake… (;_・)

@Ross – thanks… looking forward to being able to play them on my PSP Go and eventually on my Vita. ;)

payday release date?????????????

I have been dying to play this for a while. I own Persona 1 and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment for the PS1 and Persona 3 and 4 on the PS2. This is the chapter that we have been missing unless we speak Japanese and I’m really happy to see Ghostlight bringing it here.

I have it preordered together with Legend of Heroes: TitS.

I really hope it does well and can encourage Ghostlight and other publishers to get a few last game onto the PSP before the Vita arrives!

I know Ghostlight publishes some games that XSeed publish in the states so is there any word on Corpse Party for the PSP?

Ross Brierley 24 October, 2011 @ 13:02
6.1

We’ve got no plans to release Corpse Party as far as I’m aware but I’ll mention it to my boss and see if he’s got anything to say about it.

Ross Brierley 24 October, 2011 @ 13:03
6.2

From what I’ve heard I believe future PSP releases will depend on the success of Trails in the Sky.

49.99€????????!!!!!!! Isn’t that like, the most expensive PSP game ever sold?

And the PSPgo version will be released months late and whithout any extras, surely…

Ross Brierley 24 October, 2011 @ 13:45
7.1

You can get it for less if you shop round but it’s worth noting it is a Collector’s Edition and so comes with quite a few goodies and not just the game itself.

@ iriihutoR48

Corpse Party is being released in Europe by XSeed themselves.

I too want P2~ Eternal Punishment to come out next from you Ross-face.

you said P2-EP Is a sequel to P2-IS so all the reason to release it over here.

as the subject on Ps1 verion not out of japan, i‘m pretty sure it did.

i played P2 on Ps1 it was about school & a munderder name the joker bumping of school kids didn’t say anything about shadows and wishes.

is the game i played IS Or EP?

Ross Brierley 24 October, 2011 @ 13:44
9.1

I believe Eternal Punishment made it to the West but Innocent Sin did not. So if you were playing it in English I’d guess it was EP.

@ Chaosprower

That’s the RRP. It’s a lot cheaper in shops if you look around. Not sure about the rest of EU, but shopto and Zavvi have it for £25.

@Zafir Yes, but infortunately the PSN releases (I have a PSP go) are legally required to be priced with the RRP.

@ Chaosprower

That certainly wasn’t the case with Ghostlights previous PSP release, Persona 3. The RRP for that was also £39.99. However the PSN Release was £28. Infact they even had a sale on it on the first week making it £24.

Just a heads up, they already shipped out copies so you can nab it early if you’re so inclined to pre-order.

It’s an awesomely done port.

Ross Brierley 24 October, 2011 @ 13:47
13.1

Thanks. We’ve still got some Persona 2 T-Shirts and Trails in the Sky posters left if you order from us.

HOw much does the normal version cost then?

Ross Brierley 24 October, 2011 @ 14:21
14.1

There is no Standard edition actually.

I beat the Japanese release ages back, brilliant game! Still have my original JP copy of it for PS1, it came with a neat trading card in the case too, I’ll be picking it up for PSP as well though. This is my favourite game in the SMT series and one of my favourite RPGs on PS1, it’s great to see it getting an official English release years later!

Ross Brierley 24 October, 2011 @ 15:07
15.1

I was actually new to the series with Persona 3 on PS2 so getting the chance to work on one of the earlier games in the series has been amazing.

i know my comment asking for a release date for payday is off topic but where are we supposed to ask these questions ??? i don’t think i am asking alot for something alot of people have already payed for . great customer care by the way , jus deleting people’s comments for asking a valid question . keep up the good work

@ squeek77

Try the Playstation Blog Recap, where there is already a message on the subject from James.

Nice what avatars will be hitting the store on the next update?

Put this on the store then we will have PErsona 1, 2, 3 and 4 on PSVITA!

Ross Brierley 24 October, 2011 @ 17:15
19.1

We’ll be announcing a PSN release date soon I hope :)

It must’ve been awesome going from Persona 3 to working on Innocent Sin, I like the way the series went in a slightly different direction with 3 and 4 but the vibe in Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment is great, so much darker and closer to the older Shin Megami Tensei games. I’m sure those who’ve only had chance to play 3 and 4 so far will love seeing the Velvet Room and Igor’s giant schnoz and hearing some familiar themes, as well as some badass techno battle music! Thanks for all the work you guys put into bringing this port here, I look forward to sinking a lot of time into it :)

@Ross Brierley

plz a queens blade psp game would be a lot more awesome.
o ya and Ross any progress on those agarest icons in the store as avatars.

o ya Fate-extra is there hope?

Ross Brierley 25 October, 2011 @ 09:33
21.1

Thanks for reminding me. I haven’t heard anything back yet but I’ll shoot a reminder over to my boss.

@Ross

1 more thing any chance you publshing the atlus title´s in europe with that i mean the other games like Knights in the Nightmare
Hexyz Force,Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble, and some more title´s cause if we have 2 wait for SCEE 2 do something about it we´d be dead before they arrive that much waiting will be involved.
actually little hope for us then.

Ross Brierley 25 October, 2011 @ 09:36
22.1

It’s possible. We enjoy working with Atlus however any future PSP titles are likely to depend on the success of Trails in the Sky.

Screw this, where is PayDAY The heist? USPSN has it, it is out on PC. How embarrassing!

@Globox_82

ya and so is it out in U.S store save your complaining for the store update where it belongs.

CoolRichy008UK 24 October, 2011 @ 18:43

someone anyone report the user Carl_Birch

i just dug up dirt on him about what he is doin in ps home

http://home-watch.blogspot.com/2010/08/carla-who.html <<

and get this if anyone upsets him he forces them to give them there ps3 account or he will report them sayin that he can talk when he hacks ps3 home and pretends to be a lesiban girl just to get a girlfreind

he makes me sick i thought i was the bad one turns out he is

my trophies are messed up well my just cause 2 1s are anyway i press em n it says there are no trophies but i have 94% anyone know how to fix it?

That CB she a regular forum member i always thought she was abit kin ky i never would have guess.

she a VMP too giveing out useful home items list.

*Opps mean MVP

okay i read all of that & the link back to the forums she lost her MVP i didn’t know that, as i haven’t commet myself in the forums.

Re sync them

Is it going to be released in Australia/New Zealand?

Ross Brierley 25 October, 2011 @ 09:39
31.1

I’ll look into it for you.

foolishoptimist 25 October, 2011 @ 07:09

Is Persona3Portable ever getting released in AU – we’ve been waiting a while…

Ross Brierley 25 October, 2011 @ 09:39
32.1

It’s still with the OFC I believe. Fingers Crossed but it should get through soon and then we’ll have a release date for you.

CoolRichy008UK 25 October, 2011 @ 12:18

Ross Brierley created the briefley :D
Bilsta96 created the saw foot
polynski created skiing
CassyChan created the chan clan
HiddenAway created the hole to hide in
CoolRichy008UK created the cool brand (C)

@25 polynski, with some games (like Batman: Arkham Asylum) when you install them again it reinstalls the trophy list at 0%, you can just resync your trophies by either loading your own profile up from the XMB in or out of game or going to trophies out of game and all those that were synced online before the trophy list reinstalled will be back. If you had it installed before, then deleted the install from game data and eventually reinstalled the game that may be the cause.

@CoolRichy008UK we are a clan of Jackie Chan fans ;)

I want to wait for the PSN release since the Vita won’t be UMD friendly, but I’m a sucker for Collector’s editions. Decisions, decisions…

i’ve never actually played any of the persona titles, but i’ve heard good things so i’d love to play this one.

was the first game ever released in europe?

Ross Brierley 25 October, 2011 @ 17:37
36.1

I think Atlus released it on PSN.

sony you guys are awsome =)

going to get a xperia play it has crash bandicoot ps1

its a PS1 PSP PSVITA PS BLOG ON 1 PHONE

going to by xperia play and i might buy Ps vita keep making me smile

oh and is ps vita able to download psp games via ps store?

i would love to play assassin’s creed bloodlines on a ps vita

i now officially love ghostlight. you guys are responsible for some of my favourite game series’ from digital devil saga to agarest. and now the persona collection on my shelf is almost complete

Ross Brierley 26 October, 2011 @ 09:08
38.1

Thanks :) It’s always great to hear from people who enjoy what we put out.

Cannot wait for this

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history