Posted

Sack It To Me – Announcements Galore!

In the run up to the holiday season we have lots of news and goodies coming to LittleBigPlanet and it all starts here…

Uncharted 3 Nathan Drake costume available next week!

Next week’s release of Uncharted 3 is something we’ve all been waiting for. So to keep you in the Nathan Drake mood, next week you’ll be able to download the brand, spanking new, Nathan Drake costume.

6280644623_a6f14bc356_o

The costume comes bundled with some cool stickers to help you build some adventurous levels.

Sack Drake will be available on the PlayStation Network on 02/11, until then you can gaze longingly at this awesome wallpaper (download it here).

uc3

LittleBigPlanet 2 is going Digital!

Coming soon you will be able to purchase and download LBP2 direct from the PSN store all across Europe. No more troublesome discs cluttering up your shelves, the whole LBP2 experience will be just a button press away. We’ll let you know the price and release data as soon as we can.

Birthday Cake costume available for a limited time next week!

Come celebrate LBP’s 3rd birthday with us with some FREE cake! Next week download the FREE re-release of the “Sackboy in cake” costume, but hurry, it’ll only be on the PS Store for a limited time.

6280644529_73594a2a62_o

The LittleBigPlanet Birthday Cake costume will be available on the PlayStation Network from 02/11 to 09/11.

Let the awards season begin!

Looks like the 2011 awards season is starting up and we’re honored to be recently nominated in a wide variety of different categories.

Best Game by 2011 British Academy Children’s Awards

• After winning a BAFTA in 2009, we’re once again honored to have this prestigious nomination.

Best Song in a Video Game by 2011 Hollywood Music in Media Awards

• The original song created by Winifred Phillips for “Victoria’s Lab” in LittleBigPlanet 2 has always been one of our favorites and glad its’ getting the recognition.

This week on the PlayStation Store

• LittleBigPlanet 2 InviZimals Pack. A selection of the favorite InviZimals from the hit PSP game series.
  • LittleBigPlanet Halloween Costume. A limited time free costume to help you celebrate Halloween in LittleBigPlanet.

Community Corner: Must Play Move games

Remember, you don’t need to own the Move pack to play these levels… but you will if you want to create your own!

• Castle of Infinite Sunset by DiOxi

• Timber Ridge by codibear8383

Also, thanks to SilverScorp91 and LittleBigRussia on capturing these levels for our online viewing pleasure. Keep it up.

29 Comments
5 Author replies
Immortal-Wolf- 28 October, 2011 @ 13:33

Sack it to me baby lol do i look like a sucker im mean customer lol LBP think everyone’s growing tired of it don’t you think!!

3 years wow go lbp and happy bday for next week

Neil McPhillips 28 October, 2011 @ 15:52
2.1

Thanks! Here’s to many more!

Can never be tired of LBP lol

Do you think there will be a Littlebigplanet sale coming up, would fancy getting some packs on the cheap

hey hey

“standard” digital pricing or will Mm buck the trend especially considering the number of units sold already and some of those wanting a digital copy for convenience ?

devil_spawn666 28 October, 2011 @ 13:58

LOL my GF will love that wallpaper of sackboy Nathan Drake. Eerily, she has quite a crush on Mr. Drake.

Better than having a thing for a real bloke, I guess!

Neil McPhillips 28 October, 2011 @ 15:53
5.1

Try not to leave her along with LBP or Uncharted then :)

Can you confirm if a digital version of LBP2 will not mess up any saves (ie can I continue my game or like other digital versions – like InFamous) do I have to start again?

Neil McPhillips 28 October, 2011 @ 15:53
6.1

Yep. all the saves from LBP2 disc versions are compatible.

Where are the rest of the Uncharted caracters costumes like Victor Sullivan, Elena Fisher and Chloe Frazer?
I also would buy a nice new Uncharted level with tons of stickers and other cool Uncharted/Sackboy stuff. Please make it!

@ Immortal-Wolf-

What’s that got to do with LittleBigPlanet?

Awesome! I did a quick drawing a sackperson Nathan Drake at Eurogamer Expo meet up based on the poster at the PS booth to get a T-shirt (having handed over a picture my daughter drew and getting a T-shirt for her, decided I wanted one for myself). It is an obvious choice of iconic PS character to have in LBP – I’m looking forward to getting the outfit for my own Sack person.

James Gallagher 28 October, 2011 @ 15:08
9.1

Link to your drawing or it didn’t happen!

I want a – LBP3! ! ! :P

Awesome Nate costume! I was hoping LBP2 would be getting a bunch of new costumes from all the AAA games this year (minus CoD/BF3) such as a new Resistance pack (Joseph Capelli, another Chimera and stickers), Batman costume. I guess the must be big problems trying to get Batman in LBP with it being DC and all.

Happy 3rd Birthday LBP!

chrisredfield_97 28 October, 2011 @ 15:27

nice maybe i’ll consider to buy LBP2 and get the nathan drake costume keep it up

Want about the special edition the US are getting?

Neil McPhillips 28 October, 2011 @ 15:55
13.1

No plans in Europe right now but hopefully we can compensate this with some of the plans we have in the next few months. Hold on!

Awww, look at him :)

Predicted LBP Digital price – £70.

;)

Oh man oh man, a Nathan Drake costume is something I’ve wanted in LittleBigPlanet FOREVER. Fantastic! I’ma snag me one of these. I was playing a level just today actually and thinking, “I wish I could dress my guy up a little more adventuruous-ish!”

He’s got the wee belt buckle and half-tuck and everything. Awesome! I’m with OttoT though, having a few more Uncharted character costumes would be awesome indeed.

Also, congrats to the LBP team and to Winifred Phillips for the much-deserved accolade for the BRILLIANT Victoria’s Lab theme!

Carnivius_Prime 28 October, 2011 @ 17:17

Finally Uncharted comes to LBP on PS3. Loved the outfits on the PSP game but was sorely wanting them for the PS3 games too. This U3 Drake Sackboy looks superb. Definitely having that. Ugh I can’t wait much longer for Uncharted 3. Want now!

Carnivius_Prime 28 October, 2011 @ 17:21

Forgot to say, that Victoria’s Lab video is superb. Very charming too.

@James I handed it over as fanart in return for the t-shirt – you’d have to ask Spaff for it. I got the tee, and now the outfit to come in LBP, so I’m more than happy.

devil_spawn666 28 October, 2011 @ 17:56

That video for Victoria’s Lab is all kinds of awesome adorableness. Winifred Phillips is a genuine talent!

I just had to tweet that youtube link — everyone needs to see it! Great job.

How come we are not getting the Special Edition the US are getting?? http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/10/25/sack-it-to-me-littlebigplanet-2-move-bundle-lbp2-special-edition-uncharted-3-costume/
They got a better Collector’s Edition & now this?
Totally unfair !!!

I love it. Gonna buy this Nathan Drake costume. XD Anyway, whatever people think that they grew tired of LBP, I don’t. It’s still a great game, fun and exciting. I love it.

Immortal-Wolf- 28 October, 2011 @ 22:57

James Gallagher Wrote; Link to your drawing or it didn’t happen!

LOL james james james what gives you the right and power to move my posting i haven’t broken playstation network terms & conditions i have a right to my own say on here as im a loyal playstation network customer in fact your breaking privacy act by removing my postings on other playstation blogs.

Project2insanity 28 October, 2011 @ 23:22

@Immortal-Wolf-; Sorry, can’t help but respond to your last post. Few things:

You’ve surely been here long enough to know Mr Gallagher isn’t a moderator.

“However, we reserve the right to monitor all such content and, without notice, to edit, delete or remove any content which we deem to be inappropriate.” That’s quoting the T’s & C’s of this site. Guess that gives them the right you were deemed inappropriate…
^^

Breaking privacy act? Erm… at what point did blog replies become private information? Moreso, wouldn’t it be a means of complying if they were?

yo will these costumes be free or at a price if so what is the price expected to be

CoolRichy008UK 29 October, 2011 @ 07:02

i wont be buying this again cuz the stupid move pack has new songs that u wont put on the non move pack game Neil McPhillips its just a nasty trick to make us buy it well i got my copy of lbp2 and chucked it and i say dont put it on psn

Immortal-Wolf- 29 October, 2011 @ 07:27

@Project2insanity
You understand that we do not monitor all user-generated content on our sites and we are under no obligation to do so. However, we reserve the right to monitor all such content and, without notice, to edit, delete or remove any content which we deem to be inappropriate. The views expressed in the community areas are those of members of the public and are not those of SCEE, our affiliated companies, licensors or partners. If you believe that any content breaches these Terms of Use, please report to us on community.admin@scee.net, or use the Alert button (if available), with details of the breach, the username of the person responsible and the area of the site where it happened.

Immortal-Wolf- 29 October, 2011 @ 07:36

@Project2insanity

James Gallagher removed this link on a first comment on most feared games week end debate on playstation blog.

sorry but in playstation terms & conditions James Gallagher had no right in his week end debate most feared games removed my comment my opinion just because im most feared on Call of Duty doesn’t give him the right to remove my #1 comment posting in his playstation blog

Project2insanity 29 October, 2011 @ 13:07

@Immortal-Wolf-; I assume you didn’t read those T’s & C’s you and I quoted. Not gonna argue so this is the only other time I’ll respond on this topic. Please- for everybody’s sake- think. ‘We’ being Sony leads to ‘which we deem…’ meaning it’s Sony’s choice. It is literally how it reads.

sympozium_666 29 October, 2011 @ 19:14

Cool that it isn’t digital but I hope they don’t go mad with the price… lets just say many don’t like something like £54.99…

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history