Posted

Uncharted 3 Behind The Scenes: Drake And Elena

Last week we went behind the scenes of Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception to look at how Naughty Dog captures the performances of their actors to create the interactive experience that has gripped PS3 players this generation. As we enter launch week and your copies of the game are just fingertips and fresh air away, let’s dig deeper and look at one of the charms of the Uncharted narrative: the relationship between Drake and Elena, discussed by their respective actors, Nolan North and Emily Rose.

Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception is available across PAL from 2 November. Which is your favourite Drake and Elena moment?

47 Comments
1 Author replies
AugustWorldness 01 November, 2011 @ 16:37

Nice. When do we get the beta rewards for the retail game? Is it via email or how?

Carnivius_Prime 01 November, 2011 @ 16:44

Got my Uncharted 3 today! It’s excellent. Superb game. Best of the year easily

Any chance that us European folk will get the Fortune hunter’s club or the Day one skin packs that the US got?

James Gallagher 01 November, 2011 @ 16:57
3.1

I’m trying to find this out for you now.

Can’t Wait! ;)

Will we get the Fortune Hunter’s Club or not?
This is sad that we dont get cheap DLC
I love uncharted and I want the Fortune Hunter’s Club DLC please

Getting mind tomorrow its looks amazing best ps3 game of 2011 GOTY easily

@ Carnivius_Prime

I’m jealous ;)

Uncharted 3 is amazing, completed it today. BUY IT!

For me I liked when Elena punched Nate in the first game and their down-to-earth conversation at the end of the second game.

@ CMJE96

How long did it take you & did you collect all treasures etc?

My favorite Elena and Drake moment has to be the final conversation in the 2nd game. Won’t go into detail in case somebody hasn’t played it yet (you really have no excuse if you haven’t).

Uncharted 3 is awesome btw! Best Unhcarted so far, and I have loved all of the games.

haha… Emily Rose has the strongest resemblance to her character.

@Catkiller1
Took between 6-7 hours, collected 61 out of the 100 treasures. I did die a lot though and I am really bad on the multiplayer but it is great.

Got my copy in the post, was here when i got in earlier been playing it abit couldn’t help notice that the collectors edition codes and the bonus ones from game for pre ordering don’t seem to work yet I’m assuming they’ll be active when the store updates tomorrow?….

Hell-Raiser-85 01 November, 2011 @ 17:46

Yeah would be good to get some info on Fortune Hunters Club.

James, I see you ignored/missed my question in the recap post, so let me try again here:

Will Uncharted 3 be released on PSN next week? I’d love to have in digitally on my PS3, but I don’t want to wait if it’s not coming to the store soon.

Thanks for replying in advance!

Will there be a uncharted 3 demo by any chance?,

CoolRichy008UK 01 November, 2011 @ 18:22

im discusted with america cuz they are on the EU PS HOME by

1 making a fake uk acocunt of someone probly who gets a ps3 then cant use his address for the ps3
2 using fake infomation of a restrant or buisness without permisson that could cause trouble,

james when the huge home update comes cant you put a lock on anyone who has a american ps3 that uses a fake id just to get into the eu server cuz its illigal i think or why cant you make ps3 EU merge with ps3 USA like that football thingy space that was here in 2010

I meant “this week” obviously, this is what happens when you copy&paste from previous post ;)

Coolrichy, how did that ruin the game for us?? I expected that kind of lenth. Getting mine 2mo can’t wait. Proper giddy kipper

smh xD

Titchy_Penguin 01 November, 2011 @ 19:28

as i cant get it till christmas please say there’s a demo

Sony Europe are becoming even more of an embarrasment to themselves. Uncharted 3 is a Sony Published game, and they even own the developer. And yet SCEE cannot even say, the day before Uncharted 3 releases, whether we will get the fortune hunters club or day 1 DLC. PATHETIC SONY.

Got my copy on Saturday (don’t ask how :p) and completed it on Sunday. Roller coaster ride from start to finish. On my crushing run now, 78% trophies done. Everyone else who got it today or will be getting it tomorrow, ENJOY ;)
btw “oooh kitty got wet” haha

*sits by mail box and awaits arrivial of Uncharted 3 Explorers edition*

“Today, Tomorrow, doesn’t really matter. I will be mine and in my hands soon. Then my Adventure will begin”

*cue evil laugh*

“Mwhahahahahahah”

@ozjad.

Sony Europe aren’t becoming an embarrasment, they’ve always been one. The amount of shafting that goes on in Europe is nothing short of obscene. It’s what makes living in a Europe region so fantastic am I right? I’m not surprised we don’t get a fortune hunters club, and what’s even funnier is that in the beta we got absolutely ‘zero’ promotional codes I love the way SCEA monopolise everything and Sony Europe basically just bend over and take it, it makes having a playstation such an enjoyable time.. where’s that xbox gone hmmm.

Ok, I realised that they characters were looking more like the characters, but look at Elena at 3:25, then Emily Rose straight after. That’s just crazy how alike they are!

Can’t wait for Uncharted 3. I’m currently playing through the first 2 again at the moment in preparation.

yeee haww…tomorrow!

favourite Drake and Elena moment is when they 1st got to together in the 1st game & made me a fan of uncharted

got a question : did anyone play the mini game on psn home to get the ‘gift’ code , mine seems to do not work . may be i have to wait the day of the release? can you help me james?

maddogarchie64 01 November, 2011 @ 21:33

no doubt about it this is an excellent looking game that I want, but I’m saving up for PSvita at the moment and I’ve already preordered skyrim, which I have the day off when I should be getting it, I’ll have a red carpet and band for the postman

my “gift” code is a dud too. hopefully it will until toms when the explorer edition arrives, then unlike the Dead Idland Home code which is still a dud for New Zealand account holders(Sony management rang me and told me it will not work for NZ because the publisher has not stated New Zealand as being a country for any dlc codes to work), the U3 Home code will go live. A friend of mine got his explorer edition YESTERDAY and had the temerity to be playing the game In FRONT OF ME. How dare he. I immediately rebuked him and ordered him niceley to please update his tro list straight away. Pretty much same shebang tro wise as with U2 and only TWO mp tros thank the gods. Co-op I love. MP I hate bein’ owned.

Show full comment

Oh Pro pro proxystar. Gotta hand it to you. You make several very good points. SCEE plays second fiddle to SCEA because Sony desperately wants to reach into the micro$it market in the US. Plus for some reason I cannot fathom, US society is what we base our pop culture on. Don’t know why. There’s a whole other planet called Earth spinning away here as well as the US. And Mars is populated as well.I kid you not. Dont laugh http://www.marsanomalyresearch.com We are def not alone folks. peace…

i was well happy wen i woke up this morning 1. it was my birthday !! & 2. i got uncharted 3 through post a day early on my birthday :) ive played it a little bit so far & wht i have played it is epic ive been busy most of the day ive just got in & im not going bed just gunna play UC3 all night bring it on WOOOO gd work naughty dog great game

PLaying it for the second time. It´s so awesome.
I didn´t play the MP, just don´t care fot it but SP is awesome!

Connor_mufc_1985 02 November, 2011 @ 05:50

Im going for the bus to get it now was going to get it midnight last night but ended up falling asleep my girlfriend woke me up i went to bed at 10 now im going to get it before my son wakes up lol cant wait and CoolRichy008
you need to chill out man always moaning about something / someone I know for a fact that you can have people use the same address for any given psn account because my girlfriend obviously uses the same address for her psn account that I do.

Connor_mufc_1985 02 November, 2011 @ 05:54

oh and OttoT you may not like multiplayer but try co-op adventure you will love it , co op arena is ok but not as good as it was in uncharted 2 im not going to reveal why because I dont want to be banned for revealing spoilers.

Today i will get my copy from preorder… and ive got that ring too

nice

Nolan north is so drake!.

If they ever make an uncharted movie, He has to play drake otherwise like all game to movie adoptations it will fail. That’s where they go wrong. Nolan makes drake a success. Just like mr David hayter makes the metal gear series, but unlike Nolan. David doesn’t really scream “snake” right better get back to it. I’m on chapter 10 on hard!

A litle late for the show but where can we claim the summer beta rewards for Uncharted 3?

just finished uncharted 3 and i must say its another winner! great story again!

just finished uncharted 3 and its another great game perfect story and you learn more between sullivan and drake to bad its over again cant wait for part 4:D

Hi if Uncharted 3 be released on PSN? like battlefield 3 or fifa 2012

Uhh… how come you guys already have UC3? It comes out on the 11th here in england. Plus I’m pretty sure we won’t get any rewards. But It would be good if we did because I played beta in the Summer, I’ve preordered and I’m going be playing it first day It’s out (11th). Still, I can use playstation home – also I’m pretty sure someone said you get free DLC for THAT too! So when I’m bored I’ll just be playing Uncharted 2 or DC Universe online (which recently went free to play). Anyway, back to the point – my favourite Uncharted moment is when Drake and Elena are talking at the end of Uncharted 2. LOL! Clowns – still think that’s overwhelmingly funny. Can’t wait for Uncharted 3!

@ Frogleader102
U3 came out on the 2nd in the uk (i seen an ad on 30th oct)

my favourite Drake and Elena moment is at the end of the 2nd uncharted, and getting uncharted 3 at the end of november i can’t wait.

i know its a bit L8 but i got uncharted3 on monday 6th november 2011 i finished it on normal i died quite a lot but i’d say its slightly easy but other than that, it was soo ausome soo cool online is very good and there is lots of guns good variety and i loved it very much

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history