This Thursday, December 8th, we will release the latest update to the PlayStation Home client. PlayStation Home version 1.60 delivers a wealth of improvements and updates to the core client, not the least of which is a doubling of the item placement limit in personal spaces! Here’s a look at what’s coming to you as part of PlayStation Home v1.60:
Application of the patch
If you are upgrading from an old version of Home (1.40 or earlier) then when you attempt to apply the 1.60 patch please wait for the orange “hard drive activity” light to stop flashing on your PS3 before commencing the patching process.
Furniture placement limit
- We have doubled the furniture placement limit in Personal Spaces and Clubhouses from 50 to 100 items.
- This has been a regularly requested change and we’re eager to see what new layouts you come up with!
- 100 standard furniture items or…
- 78 standard furniture items and 1 active or…
- 56 standard furniture items and 2 actives or…
- 34 standard furniture items and 3 actives or…
- 12 standard furniture items and 4 actives.
Targeting in Personal Spaces
- Targeting in Personal Spaces has been improved.
- This means you shouldn’t accidentally target furniture items through floors or ceilings any more.
- Although we have made exceptions for wall hangings and lights as these tend to be placed quite high up.
- If you find any items of furniture in places you can’t reach then you can always remove them through the furniture browser and place them somewhere else.
- We have changed the way that companion portables work so they will automatically re-activate after you enter and leave a mini-game or relocate between spaces. No more having to put your companion away and take them out again when you do this!
- There is a more proactive help system to aid new users outside of their Harbour Studio Personal Space as they explore PlayStation®Home for the first time.
- Arcade games are no longer subject to the 3 minute inactivity timeout when placed as furniture in Personal Spaces or Clubhouses.
We have removed the “Community” section of the Menu Pad. The information that used to be contained in here is now communicated via the message of the day pop-up at login and the new loading screens.
Of course, there are plenty more bug fixes and enhancements that are part of v1.60 as well which will help improve your day-to-day experience in the wide world of PlayStation Home.
So, on to this week’s new content. Put on your Winter warmers – it’s PS Home’s 3rd anniversary and it’s snowing outside! Gnome Curling makes an appearance in Home Square which has been blanketed in a crisp white layer of lovely snow! Fear not, fans of the mind-boggling Cogs game – you can now find this puzzler taking up residence in the Indie Park.
Novus Prime is also celebrating its 1st anniversary so for a limited time Nebulon and Experience boosters will be absolutely FREE and many of the items in the Novus Prime stores will be on sale for 50% off! This celebration will be over before you know it, so report to the Novus Prime station on the double and join the fight!
Hide in plain sight with Konami’s new Urban Camo line. Grab your friends and change the look of your environment or sneak up on unsuspecting people!
Granny Lockwood’s been hard at work again, and this time she’s taken her inspiration from the chilly extremes of the planet, the North and South Poles! Pumpkin Pie the Polar Bear and Popsicle the Penguin can’t wait to play with you. They both love to do tricks – be patient and they’re sure to show you what they can do. Also, their cousins are exclusively available via the Gift Machine – look out for them – they’re only available for a limited time!
Midwinter Angel or Burning Desire? This Winter Medusa brings you the latest styles, perfect for relaxing on a frosty afternoon or heading out to a glitzy evening party.